daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 21st, 2005, 01:25 AM   #61
Humberto123
Humberto123

Location: Caracas / Boston / Santiago de Chile / Sao Paulo / Lima
Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy999
Why do you keep insulting Americans in this thread? This is supposed to be about trains in Mexico, not their peers in America.
This "SuperDog" is very bitter and negative. The only things he does is critize, minimize, and insult everybody who disagrees with him. In the international and the Latin American forums. In his "universe" he is the only beholder of truth and justice!

Go to the Vet to get your anti-depresants Superdog!

And then lets get back to the topic at hand: SUBWAYS AND URBAN TRANSPORT

PS. If this bullet train network happens that would great for Mexico!

Last edited by Humberto123; November 21st, 2005 at 01:46 AM.
Humberto123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2005, 01:33 AM   #62
Effer
E Pluribus Unum

Likes (Received): 226

I don't think the US will let it happen.
Effer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 03:01 AM   #63
SOLOMON
North America USA-Canada

Likes (Received): 675

..and ACELA EXPRESS , between Wash. and Boston, 190 miles/hour
I think this is the first Bullet train in North America.
SOLOMON no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 03:18 AM   #64
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by effer
I don't think the US will let it happen.
It will happen eventually. But probably when the rest of the world has maglevs
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 05:12 AM   #65
dhuwman
BANGED

Likes (Received): 5

I thought the US already have a bullet train in the East Coast somewhere in between, boston-NY-Philly-DC line? I actuallly rode it before. Was it not a true bullet train then?
"The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on."

-Noam Chomsky-
dhuwman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 05:18 AM   #66
mr_storms

Likes (Received): 4

People consider it not a true high speed train because it does not have dedicated track and can actually only go 200+ kmh in certain zones due to various restrictions (and the overhead wiring from DC to NY was supposedly done in the 30s so high speed are not attainable there). In conneticut it goes ~240 kmh though
mr_storms no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 05:47 AM   #67
Frank J. Sprague

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDog
Reading your comments just reconfirms my belief that most of you are very poorly educated.

Ignorance is what breeds "patriotism. Foolish blind ignorance.

You are not fit to be a world leader!
LMAO!

You've shown why El Presidente Jorge Arbusto needs to be replaced by President Tancredo, we need that fence now. Then time for "Steel Interstate."
Frank J. Sprague no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 06:01 AM   #68
Frank J. Sprague

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhuwman
I thought the US already have a bullet train in the East Coast somewhere in between, boston-NY-Philly-DC line? I actuallly rode it before. Was it not a true bullet train then?
There were several other trains dating back to the sixties, one was called the Turbotrain and it used gas turbines. Big gas hog and not very reliable anyway, I believe the Canadians may have purchased a few also. There was an electric system too, known as the Metroliner built by Budd. No attempt at streamlining, blunt nosed it looked more like a commuter EMU.

I think a version of the Swedish X2000 would have been the best option for the US. Also a new line running inland from East of New Haven to Providence would have helped. Along much of the route it shares trackage with commuter trains which imposes quite a delay.
Frank J. Sprague no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 08:33 AM   #69
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2771

Quote:
Mexico can be anything you throw at it...but one thing for sure is that we have never invaded countries and burned children with napalm.

Just remember this...you are not NATIVE North Americans... WE ARE!

So be humble.

I see. So did Spain know that the Aztecs were speaking Spanish in 1000 AD?
I mean if you are natives then Spanish must have also been the native language right?
I mean there can't be found ANY examples of Spanish conflict with Native American I presume you are saying?
nomarandlee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 08:36 AM   #70
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2771

PHP Code:
[QUOTE=SuperDog]Mexico can be anything you throw at it...but one thing for sure is that we have never invaded countries and  burned children with napalm.

And Mexico never had the honor of being a major player in stopping the tide of fascism and communism around the world either (among other achivements). So you win some you lose some.
nomarandlee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 07:06 PM   #71
edubejar

Likes (Received): 30

Superdog, I can't believe you've managed to turn this thread into something more along the lines of US-bashing. It's really taken away a lot of the effectiveness of the thread. Look, it's understandable if you have issues over Bush and the war in Iraq, etc. but keep a plug on it until the appropriate thread.

I think it's a great thing that Mexico is building a "bullet train." But, I want to clarify: why do you call it a bullet train?" Are they calling it "tren-bala" in Mexico? I thought Bullet Train was a proper-name that specifically pertained to Japan's high-speed train--like TGV in France, ICE in Germany, AVE in Spain, etc. Or do you mean Mexico is about to build a "high-speed train?" Well I think that's wonderful. I'd love to see that--and I would certainly love to ride on it on my first visit to Mexico City and Guadalajara. I wonder what path it would take...shortest path? I imagine mountainous areas, thus some deviations. I bet some of the sceneries along the way will be beautiful.

Anyway, stop bashing the U.S. The fact is, the U.S. has done as much good as harm. You can't expect a powerful nation to be an angel, can you? That would be too utopian. Give the U.S. some slack. Every world power has abused its powers, in one way or another. That's how they achieve world power. The day Mexico will become a world power you'll see what I mean. Just ask the Ancient Greeks, the Romans and Western Europeans of the early and late Rennaissance.

And don't get too big of a nationalistic head. As far as I'm concerned, Mexico doesn't have trains--and prior to the date you've mentioned, I doubt the trains were even to campesino-standards. The fact is, Mexico has lacked in mass transit--and even worse than the U.S. Atleast in the most populated part of the U.S. (east-coast), trains have not stopped to move people since the industrial era.

You really dont' have any grounds to critisize. Let's enjoy Mexico's good rail news without the bashing.
edubejar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 10:15 PM   #72
-_-
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubejar
I'd love to see that--and I would certainly love to ride on it on my first visit to Mexico City and Guadalajara. I wonder what path it would take...shortest path? I imagine mountainous areas, thus some deviations. I bet some of the sceneries along the way will be beautiful.
The train will have stations in these cities:Mexico, Queretaro, Irapuato, Leon then Guadalajara this map shows the path

Quote:
Originally Posted by edubejar
And don't get too big of a nationalistic head. As far as I'm concerned, Mexico doesn't have trains
Well as far as i know theres a passengers train in the northern state of Chihuahua that goes thru the copper canyon and i think theres another one in the Mayan Riviera (southeast of the country)

here some pics of the train in Chihuahua

-_- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 10:43 PM   #73
Bitxofo
Viva el metro!

Location: Alderaan BCN BKK ATH PAR LON SYD SFO CPT TYO SCL CHC BUE SCG SVQ AGP BDN
Likes (Received): 3667

Quote:
The western hemisphere is the americas and the eastern hemisphere is eurasia/africa/australia.

1st time I see this!
川添 Kawazoe (riverside) 海斗 Kaito (big dipper of the ocean), in Japanese.
Yo si la ciudad no tiene metro, como que no es gran ciudad y entonces ya paso de vivir all. Norreport+12000
Bitxofo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2005, 11:15 PM   #74
samsonyuen
SSLL

Likes (Received): 314

The Acela service between Boston and Washington is High-speed, I don't know what it means to be bullet though.
samsonyuen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2005, 04:08 AM   #75
Bitxofo
Viva el metro!

Location: Alderaan BCN BKK ATH PAR LON SYD SFO CPT TYO SCL CHC BUE SCG SVQ AGP BDN
Likes (Received): 3667

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsonyuen
The Acela service between Boston and Washington is High-speed, I don't know what it means to be bullet though.
Average speed for Acela is around 90-100km/h. That is NOT high speed!!
川添 Kawazoe (riverside) 海斗 Kaito (big dipper of the ocean), in Japanese.
Yo si la ciudad no tiene metro, como que no es gran ciudad y entonces ya paso de vivir all. Norreport+12000
Bitxofo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2005, 04:28 AM   #76
UrbanFanatic!
BANNED

It is called bullet train because in Spanish is Tren Bala...
Nice for my country..
UrbanFanatic! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2005, 04:30 AM   #77
UrbanFanatic!
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi_pardesi
it's iraq...
In Spanish it is Irak!!

Old November 22nd, 2005, 04:31 AM   #78
UrbanFanatic!
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee
LOL..I have to laugh at this statement. Were the two in a race? Has Mexico "won" anything? This shows more any sense of an inferiority complex you may have then anything of any substance.

Once Americans flock to Mexico for a better way of life instead of the other way around I will be impressed. You encourage millions of the poorest Mexicans that Mexico can't take care of and then somehow claim some sort of "win" or superiority. Pathetic if you ask me.

No one asked you..
Old November 23rd, 2005, 09:49 AM   #79
Vendrip
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Dont put attention to the stupid third worlder of superfreak... mexicans in general are very friendly and kind with their american partners.

Amazing news for Mexico, i really wish this train to be completed soon.

Last edited by Vendrip; November 23rd, 2005 at 10:25 AM.
Vendrip no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2005, 06:39 AM   #80
depdsh
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee
LOL..I have to laugh at this statement. Were the two in a race? Has Mexico "won" anything? This shows more any sense of an inferiority complex you may have then anything of any substance.

Once Americans flock to Mexico for a better way of life instead of the other way around I will be impressed. You encourage millions of the poorest Mexicans that Mexico can't take care of and then somehow claim some sort of "win" or superiority. Pathetic if you ask me.
i dont think superdog is mexican.. i think he's a troll or something blogging against americans wearing a mexican mask
depdsh no está en línea   Reply With Quote