daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 24th, 2005, 08:19 AM   #81
amasveritas
I Got A dig bick.

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by e__s
i dont think superdog is mexican.. i think he's a troll or something blogging against americans wearing a mexican mask
I heard he was cuban...

Sponsored Links
Old November 24th, 2005, 09:23 AM   #82
Gunther
Mr.Gunter

Likes (Received): 0

Oh well if they are first who needs a stupid train anyways especially when we've got American muscle baby !!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoot Whoot

Gunther no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2005, 10:09 AM   #83
desi_pardesi
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther
Oh well if they are first who needs a stupid train anyways especially when we've got American muscle baby !!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoot Whoot

not for long. when you will start paying 20 dollars for one gallon gas, you car will only "drink" air
desi_pardesi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2005, 10:11 AM   #84
desi_pardesi
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmps92
In Spanish it is Irak!!

my mistake. I thought this was english forum
desi_pardesi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2005, 06:50 PM   #85
mopc

Likes (Received): 11982

Brazil has advanced plans of building a high speed train between So Paulo and Campinas, 130km from each other. Other plans include a high-speed train between So Paulo and Rio, 650km from each other.
mopc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2005, 07:38 PM   #86
mopc

Likes (Received): 11982

In Portuguese its Iraque.
mopc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2005, 09:47 PM   #87
-_-
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi_pardesi
my mistake. I thought this was english forum
-_- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2006, 05:00 PM   #88
Clashman

Likes (Received): 19

Bullet Trains in Mexico?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060613/...o_big_spenders

I just read this article on the Mexican election and noticed that the party for Democratic Revolution is proposing a bullet train from Mexico City to the Texas border, as well as quite a few other improvements. Does anyone have any more information about it?

I'd love to see it happen. And falling behind Mexico may just be what the U.S. needs to get off it's butt and shamed into action to start funding rail development properly.
Clashman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 12:58 AM   #89
jamesinclair

Likes (Received): 83

I believe they want a Mexico City - Guadalajara route. However, as the article points out, anouncing projects like this is just to get the publics attention.
jamesinclair no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2006, 07:14 AM   #90
Clashman

Likes (Received): 19

Perhaps, but sometimes they actually outline plans as well, and I was wondering if perhaps the Spanish language media had covered that in greater detail.
Clashman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 12:59 AM   #91
zergcerebrates

Likes (Received): 62

Whos gonna supply the trains if they're really building it?
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 02:01 AM   #92
David Valdez
David

Likes (Received): 35

There is a lot of info about it, but nothing happens...

Vicente Fox is "starting" this project (Mexico-Guadalajara) since some years ago... and nothing...

Then, Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador said that if he won, he would build at least 2 high speed lines: Mexico-Guadalajara-Mexicali and Mexico-Monterrey-Nuevo Laredo...

And Siemens said that there is just one feasible line: Mexico-Puebla. They have a lot of interest in all the mexican high speed projects, but I don't think these projects are going to be under construction soon...
David Valdez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2006, 04:08 AM   #93
ROYU

Likes (Received): 346

I hope some lines will be made in the next 10 years. Definitevely is should be from Mexico City to cities like Guadalajar, Puebla or maybe Monterrey.
ROYU no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 02:23 AM   #94
ger

Likes (Received): 1

But also The first train of high speed of America is going to be constructed in Argentine, The train this one in process of Adjudication. The companies were postulated are Alstom, Siemmens,and CAF. The section to constructing is of 400km, This joins The capital, Buenos Aires with the city of Rosario located to 400km of this one to the north. The formations consist of 7 coaches, every hour and a half. The cost of the work, approximately 1.000 million dollars like base. The date of inaguracion estimated is for 2012. This train was reaching speeds from 250 to 300 kilometres per hour.

In the photo it is possible to see the president of the Argentine one called Nestor Kirchner, with the president of Alstom observing a model of the future train.
It is not a lie
Is True
ger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2006, 11:29 AM   #95
HeMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther View Post

A nice car that runs well on straights - just watch for any curves. Enzo Ferrari once said taht there were no true American sport cars, just overpowered tractors. Even Ford's GT is built in Britain.
HeMo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2006, 11:11 PM   #96
J.A.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank J. Sprague View Post
I hope you were just as outraged when the previous "fool" murdered 2000 Serbs back in 1999. Last years election offered the choice of a turd sandwich and a giant douche, I'm happy to say I voted for neither.

The biggest victim of Americas internationalist elites is the American wage earner. They export our industry via free trade and import the third world to drive down our wages. The fifteen billion dollars that the current fool is flushing away on AIDS in Africa could be better spent on our infrastructure.

P.S. I notice that you do not specify your own nationality. Judging by your grammar and spelling it seems safe to assume that English is not your mother tongue?

Anyway, back to rail. This would be of more benefit to America than the Iraq war: http://www.railspot.com/txarp/interstii.htm
Iraqis seemed to have the government they deserved when Saddam was in power!
Personally speaking I don't think either one of you get it. Both of you show signs of substandard educational knowledge regarding global politics/economics. You're both just angry and don't really know why. Just stick to trains because being smart asses towards one another and bringing each other down is not a very smart way of bringing a solution to a global issue.

-unknown
J.A.C. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 05:37 PM   #97
Luis regio+tapatio

Likes (Received): 91

This thread should be close cuz is full of spam already.

The bullet train project was stopped cuz we are going to change president in December so we will have to wait what does our new president priorities are.

Also i think superdog shall be a chicano a Mexican American cuz only they write like that about Americans.
Luis regio+tapatio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2006, 05:40 PM   #98
Luis regio+tapatio

Likes (Received): 91

And also USA dones not have any influence in this desitions for those who think and wrote that and that think that USA has influence in the desition that our congress does.

You will hardly undestand this cuz i know how Americans think.
Luis regio+tapatio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 06:22 AM   #99
Xusein

Likes (Received): 10403

Xusein no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 27th, 2006, 04:08 PM   #100
miamicanes

Likes (Received): 181

Are Mexican laws regarding passenger trains closer to European ones, or (like Canada's) are they closer to American ones (ie, requiring passenger trains be capable of surviving high-speed head-on collisions with freight trains if they share tracks... regardless of how ridiculous or extreme it might be in some cases)?

From what I've read, Canadian rail laws aren't as extreme as American ones, but by default Canadian rail operators more or less are subject to the same standard unless they get a specific waiver from the government (which they'd probably be able to get for high speed rail proposed for tracks rarely used by freight, but would probably be denied for conventional-speed rail in corridors with moderately heavy freight traffic).

If Mexican regulations are like American ones, then Mexico developing HSR is good news for everyone in the US and Canada as well because it will enlarge the market of compatible trains and help bring down prices. The biggest problem proposed rail lines in the US (Florida, California, etc) have is the fact that nearly everything rail-related used in the US and Canada is semi-custom and comes from limited manufacturing runs. So there's almost NOTHING new available for purchase "off the shelf" (so to speak), especially in the HSR category.

Contrast that with Europe, where rail lines can buy (for example) Siemens or Talgo trains that need little more than a custom paint job and a few months to be delivered, and use parts available everywhere.
miamicanes no está en línea   Reply With Quote