daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 17th, 2005, 08:10 PM   #1
The Urban Politician
The City

Likes (Received): 21

Streeter Place - 544'/53 fl (Com); The Streeter - 514'/50 fl (Com)

Streeter Place (at right in rendering below)
Height: 544
Floor count: 53
Construction end: 2009
Architect: Solomon, Cordwell, Buenz and Associates
Development firm: Golub & Company

The Streeter (at left in rendering below)
Height: 514
Floor count: 50
Construction end: 2007
Architect: Solomon, Cordwell, Buenz and Associates
Development firm: Golub & Company

Website

Last edited by i_am_hydrogen; October 17th, 2008 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Added project information.
The Urban Politician no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2005, 01:38 AM   #2
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Likes (Received): 887

345 EAST OHIO

Okay, well I just got back from the construction trailer of the new building in Streeterville. First of all, we've been calling it by the wrong address.

According to the blueprints it's 345 East Ohio.
It was designed by: Solomon Cordwell Buenz & Associates, Inc.
The building is 48 stories tall, not including mechanical penthouse.

And now drumroll please........ the building tops out at 514' 0"

Yes, I do have a rendering, but there's one problem, the size. When I went to the construction trailer, the guy basically ripped of the top sheet of the Index of Drawings and the image is massive, too big for a normal size scanner, and I can't put it in the larger scanner here at school, because the page is ripped, so what I'm going to do is, tomorrow, i'm going to tack it up then take a digital photograph and post it. I hope you guys can wait 1 more day. And it image isn't color.

But to let you know, I think most of you all will be pleased. IT'S VERY GLASSY.
BVictor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2005, 03:15 AM   #3
The Urban Politician
The City

^...growing fidgety...

The suspense is killing me!
Old January 19th, 2005, 11:19 PM   #4
The Urban Politician
The City

Can somebody show me how to change the title to "345 E Ohio / 48 stories / 514'" to be more accurate?
Old January 20th, 2005, 03:29 AM   #5
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Okay, this is really, really shitty.

I'm working on getting a new rendering. I had to take a photo of the image, sorry about its bad condition.

345 East Illinois
Old January 20th, 2005, 03:34 AM   #6
NWside

Likes (Received): 2

Wow doesn't look bad, Is the low-rise portion also residential?
NWside no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 04:35 AM   #7
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWside
Wow doesn't look bad, Is the low-rise portion also residential?
it's parking and retail.
Old January 20th, 2005, 05:23 AM   #8
oshkeoto

That could be decent.
oshkeoto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 10:20 PM   #9
The Urban Politician
The City

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVictor1
it's parking and retail.
^That entire building is parking? What the f#$k? Why is everyone so obsessed with parking all the time?

How many levels of it will be retail?
Old January 20th, 2005, 11:05 PM   #10
itsnotrequired

Likes (Received): 0

^It can't all be parking. The roof appears to have a swimming pool or a tennis court or something. Possible health club on the top level? If the upper part is a health club and the lower few levels are retail, there still looks like a good 10 floors of parking. Oh well...
itsnotrequired no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 20th, 2005, 11:06 PM   #11
itsnotrequired

Okay, supid question: How do you delete a post?
itsnotrequired no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2005, 01:20 AM   #12
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

When the guy gave me this rendering yesterday, it came with several other sheets including a drawings of the parking garage.

The garage will gave 13 levels, and that level tops out at 126'. There will also be retail either in the base of the garage ot the tower, i'm not sure which one.

The garage.

I took these three pictures Monday.
Drilling the caissons, and sinking the tube.

Spinning the mud and muck off the drill bit.

Sinking a caisson tube.
Old January 21st, 2005, 03:13 AM   #13
ThirdCoast312

Quote:
What the f#$k? Why is everyone so obsessed with parking all the time?
It's not everyone that's obsessed with parking, it's jut the Zoning Code. 1 parking space for every unit. Also the developers probably included that open public plaza in their design so that they could include even more spaces per unit. Under the zoning code if designs include "urban friendly" components beneficial to the public, like sidewalk improvements, green roof, and other stuff developers can include more spaces in their garages. You judge if the outcome this offer made by the zoning code is in the end URBAN FRIENDLY?
ThirdCoast312 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2005, 03:35 AM   #14
The Urban Politician
The City

Quote:
The garage will gave 13 levels, and that level tops out at 126'. There will also be retail either in the base of the garage ot the tower, i'm not sure which one.
BV, are you sure that retail isn't in the base of both buildings? Based on the renderings you provided, it appears that both buildings have a lot of ground-level street frontage. Just curious--perhaps something you can ask next time you talk to the sales people.

Also, are these buildings going to be built right up against the Time-Life building, or will there be an alley in between?

Thanks for all of your hard work on this stuff. We all really appreciate it MUCHO!
Old January 21st, 2005, 06:04 PM   #15
geoff_diamond
Live from the Loop

I like it! Great work Inspector Gadget
geoff_diamond no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 27th, 2005, 11:00 AM   #16
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

I found this image along with a short article in the Skyline neighborhood newspaper. January 13, 2005

481-unit apartment tower planned for Streeterville

A joint venture involving Chicago-based Golub & Company has aquired the land and securred financing for a 49-story, luxury apartment building at 345 E. Ohio, just two blocks east of North Michigan Avenue, said Michael Newman, president and chief executive officer. Construction is underway. Opening is scheduled for summer 2006.

The joint venture known as OGM, in addition to Golub & Company, consists of AEW Capital Partners and a public pension fund client advised by SSR Realty Advisors. The venture acquired the site, bounded by Ohio St., McClurg Court and Grand Ave., from a public pension fund client advised by Capri Capital Advisors. The 2.16 acre parcel has vacant for many years.

The Streeterville building will consist of studio, one-, two and three bedroom apartments. In the ground floor, there will be two retail spaces of 5,000 and 5,500 square feet with frontage on Ohio St. and Grand Ave. An attached, 11-story garage will have 475 parking spaces. A future second phase is expected to include a 51-story tower with up to 420 rental apartments, and an additional parking structure and retail facilities.

The apartment sizes will range from studios of 579 square feet to three-bedroom apartments of up to 1,807 square feet. Rental units have not yet been announced

Chicago-based Golub & Company (www.golubandcompany.com) and its affiliates are active internationally in real estate development, acquisitions, asset and property management, leasing and corporate real estate services.

Hopefully we'll be able to obtain a better rendering Friday.
Old January 28th, 2005, 01:45 AM   #17
geoff_diamond
Live from the Loop

I dig it. The parking garage actually looks decent.
Old January 28th, 2005, 02:00 AM   #18
The Urban Politician
The City

Quote:
A future second phase is expected to include a 51-story tower with up to 420 rental apartments, and an additional parking structure and retail facilities.
^My favorite part of the article.

Another point: It appears that retail will be in the ground floor of the garage and the tower, since that is the only way retail frontage could exist on both Grand and Ohio.
Old January 28th, 2005, 10:58 PM   #19
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Well, here it is, live and in living color 345 East Ohio

I, along with Chicago Shawn made our way down to the Golub & Company offices this morning to get ingormation. To say that it was a blast would certainly be an understatement. What we have as you already know is a 49-story (including mechanical penthouse); 514' tower. First move-ins are scheduled for mid-2006 and completion of the building is scheduled for late 2006.

The building will be clad will aluminum, high-performance glass and a minimal amount of concrete. As you can see from the rendering, in the southeast corner of the property (the corners of Ohio and McClurg) there will be a small park. One reason why this project got approved at this scale is because of the circulation. You and enter and exit from either Ohio or Grand.

Yes, we did enquire about Phase 2 of the project which includes a second tower of greater height. At this time there is no information on that structure other than it will more than likely be a bit taller. They want to finish this building before the focus on the next. We were informed though that it probably would also be designed by Solomon Cordwell Buenz.

Another interesting about this development is that it will have 2 green roofs. But i'm going to let Shawn talk about those, he knows alot more about that aspect. He'll fill in whatever I know that i've forgotten to mention here.

Enjoy
Old January 29th, 2005, 05:52 AM   #20
geoff_diamond
Live from the Loop

Bears some striking resemblance to some of the stuff going up in Central Station, no?