daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 7th, 2014, 03:52 AM   #61
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 747

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Sure. Like a Victorinox against a chainsaw.
Well yes. To cut down a tree, a powerful chainsaw is very safe. A Victorinox, to cut the tree, you will probably break blade and kill yourself somehow
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2014, 10:14 PM   #62
John Maynard
BANNED

Likes (Received): 376

New very tough laws in Switzerland since 1st of January of this year. They came as part of application of the Via Sicura II program; whose roots came of an utopian "vision" of 0 death on roads.

By the way, they should logically have started by investing to improve many dangerous sections, and they are lots of them, on first sight; naturally, this will not change for some decades further, when only a few "nomenclatura" will be remained with the permission to drive >no drivers, no deaths .

From now, an "Offenses Speeder" (exceeding from 40 km/h the speed limit) will not only get his license revoked, a huge fine and stand on a criminal trial (with criminal record), but will also have mandatorily his car confiscated, his license withdrawn for minimum 2 years, and get prison sentences for at least 12 months, up to 4 years.

I guess, that it's not worth from now to buy a car registered at your name (what about if it's borrowed?), will be "smarter" to rent one, or to lease it . Same with the driver's license, better make it in EU (or outside), since they can't withdraw it . Guess so with the car too.

Also, lights are now compulsory 24H a day.
New drivers (less than 3 years) are now forbidden to drink alcohol at all.

Here is a link for those new penalties: http://www.avocats-route.ch/fr/infos...velles-mesures

Last edited by John Maynard; April 14th, 2014 at 10:46 PM.
John Maynard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2014, 10:43 PM   #63
riiga

Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Maynard View Post
Also, lights are now compulsory 24H a day.
New drivers (less than 3 years) are now forbidden to drink alcohol at all.
At least those two are sensible.
riiga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014, 12:51 AM   #64
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 747

Swiss made those immigration restrictions to keep out the Germans, but that above insanity, that will work better It's so crazy I immediately abandon my interest of living in CH
Kanadzie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014, 09:48 AM   #65
g.spinoza
Lord Kelvin

Likes (Received): 2110

Quote:
From now, an "Offenses Speeder" (exceeding from 40 km/h the speed limit) will not only get his license revoked, a huge fine and stand on a criminal trial (with criminal record), but will also have mandatorily his car confiscated, his license withdrawn for minimum 2 years, and get prison sentences for at least 12 months, up to 4 years.
Of course this is not going to happen, unless you are prepared to build prisons even on the top of Eiger...
g.spinoza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2014, 01:34 PM   #66
John Maynard
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by g.spinoza View Post
Of course this is not going to happen, unless you are prepared to build prisons even on the top of Eiger...
Unfortunately, the new law is quite clear in this matter; though, for first time offenders, the judge can decide whether if the convict may have a suspended sentence.
But, if he is caught a second time (during a 5 years period), he goes to jail; also, he will have a driving life ban, with a minimum period of 10 years before he can repass any official exams (besides, if they allows him to).

Evenly, I have a friend who has lost his driver's license for a period of 1 year (for nothing extraordinary). He also had possession of a private pilot license and motor boat permit, all of them were withdrawn, even if the offense concerned only a road traffic rules infringement.

Last edited by John Maynard; April 15th, 2014 at 01:39 PM.
Old April 15th, 2014, 01:55 PM   #67
John Maynard
BANNED

Note that majority of convictions in Switzerland, even before the new law entered in force, had already have concerned traffic rules offenses:
http://www.bfs.admin.ch/bfs/portal/e...te_zahlen.html
Old April 15th, 2014, 07:58 PM   #68
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21240

Won't people vote in a referendum against that?
Old April 15th, 2014, 08:44 PM   #69
rower2000

Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
Won't people vote in a referendum against that?
Nobody cared enough to take it to the referendum. The deadline to do so expired unused in October 2012.
rower2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014, 01:34 AM   #70
volodaaaa

Likes (Received): 1750

I will go on in Slovakia
1) a rounabout is considered as a set of three or more Y-shaped intersections. Therefore, you have to respect the priority right of right way in case of roundabout without priority signs.

2) if there are two lanes per direction and there is an unmarked obstacle in one, drivers suppose to do an alternating merge. Once the obstacle get marked by sign (e.g.number of lanes reducement sign) drivers in free lane have the right of way (which literally means no chance to merge for drivers in lane the obstacle is in).

3) you are supposed to have a first aid pack before its expiration date in your car. Every item included has its own expiration date displayed too. It has already happened me twice, that entire pack was expired, even though each item inside was not:-D of course i was supposed to purchase a brand new pack.

volodaaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014, 09:02 AM   #71
OulaL

Likes (Received): 121

Quote:
I guess, that it's not worth from now to buy a car registered at your name (what about if it's borrowed?), will be "smarter" to rent one, or to lease it . Same with the driver's license, better make it in EU (or outside), since they can't withdraw it . Guess so with the car too.
Why can't the car be confiscated even if it were rented?

Of course the rental agency would make such conditions that the customer would have to pay for the car in such a situation.
Old April 16th, 2014, 11:28 AM   #72
snowdog
Speed freak

Likes (Received): 92

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post

2) if there are two lanes per direction and there is an unmarked obstacle in one, drivers suppose to do an alternating merge. Once the obstacle get marked by sign (e.g.number of lanes reducement sign) drivers in free lane have the right of way (which literally means no chance to merge for drivers in lane the obstacle is in).
Isn't this normal ?

It is considered the norm/social everywhere to do an alternating merge. But the law is you always have to give way when changing lanes ?

Quote:
Unfortunately, the new law is quite clear in this matter; though, for first time offenders, the judge can decide whether if the convict may have a suspended sentence.
But, if he is caught a second time (during a 5 years period), he goes to jail; also, he will have a driving life ban, with a minimum period of 10 years before he can repass any official exams (besides, if they allows him to).

Evenly, I have a friend who has lost his driver's license for a period of 1 year (for nothing extraordinary). He also had possession of a private pilot license and motor boat permit, all of them were withdrawn, even if the offense concerned only a road traffic rules infringement.

What on earth does driving a car have to do with piloting a plane or a boat ?
Quote:
New very tough laws in Switzerland since 1st of January of this year. They came as part of application of the Via Sicura II program; whose roots came of an utopian "vision" of 0 death on roads.

By the way, they should logically have started by investing to improve many dangerous sections, and they are lots of them, on first sight; naturally, this will not change for some decades further, when only a few "nomenclatura" will be remained with the permission to drive >no drivers, no deaths .

Switzerland is really insane with their prosecution of the harmless speeding infractions, they are one of the few countries that will go after every fine even abroad and collect even the smallest fines. Criminalizing someone who did a minor offence. Sorry but someone who does vmax+40 km/h in the middle of the night on a motorway is harmless and criminalising people like that is wrong, there are criminals that get away with less. Wrong priorities imho.

0 deaths is also retarded, they have Darwins law against it, there will always be idiots who manage to crash and die ragardless what the government does.

Want zero deaths ? Lets enforce a national speed limit of 20 or 30 km/h so nobody can crash fast enough to die .
/sarcasm in case someone doesn't notice

Last edited by snowdog; April 16th, 2014 at 11:34 AM.
snowdog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014, 11:34 AM   #73
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
Isn't this normal ?

It is considered the norm/social everywhere to do an alternating merge. But the law is you always have to give way when changing lanes ?
I am a huge fun of alternating merge, but in Slovakia, it is mandatory to form an alternating merge in certain circumstances, whereas in other it is let's say prohibited. I think it should be mandatory no matter what circumstances occur.

Old April 16th, 2014, 11:40 AM   #74
snowdog
Speed freak

Likes (Received): 92

Odd, alternating merge is great when going from 2 to 1 lane, but in other situations it's not that efficient imho. ( eg. 4 lanes merging into 3).
snowdog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014, 12:39 PM   #75
aswnl

Likes (Received): 84

Quote:
Originally Posted by volodaaaa View Post
I will go on in Slovakia
1) a rounabout is considered as a set of three or more Y-shaped intersections. Therefore, you have to respect the priority right of right way in case of roundabout without priority signs..
Well, that's quite normal, isn't it ?
aswnl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014, 01:50 PM   #76
volodaaaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdog View Post
Odd, alternating merge is great when going from 2 to 1 lane, but in other situations it's not that efficient imho. ( eg. 4 lanes merging into 3).
I think it is the same. Alternating merge relates only to 3rd and 4th lane. 1st and 2nd should not be affected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswnl View Post
Well, that's quite normal, isn't it ?
I don't know. I have been told that in other countries, the roundabout sign itself define the right of way for cars on roundabout without priority signs. Dunno if it is true.

Old April 16th, 2014, 03:13 PM   #77
aswnl

Likes (Received): 84

In NL the roundabout sign is only a directional sign, not a priority sign either.
aswnl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014, 04:26 PM   #78
earthJoker
Ölm

Likes (Received): 1988

The title of the thread is the most absurd thing I have seen so far. And what's funny about a stop sign or a warning of cows?

See you in the Swiss Forum on skyscrapercity.com
earthJoker no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2014, 07:37 PM   #79
John Maynard
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthJoker View Post
The title of the thread is the most absurd thing I have seen so far.
Dear fellow, you must be one of those who approves and is faithful to any new law, no matter how silly it is, without any hint of reasoning .
Old April 16th, 2014, 09:16 PM   #80
earthJoker
Ölm

Likes (Received): 1988

Actually that's not true. But just because you don't agree with every law it doesn't make them absurd.

See you in the Swiss Forum on skyscrapercity.com
earthJoker no está en línea   Reply With Quote