daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 11th, 2016, 07:14 PM   #141
Bez_imena
Kosovo is Serbia!

Likes (Received): 3785

tanjug

Cani, patel2897, Мачор liked this post
Bez_imena no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 11th, 2016, 07:14 PM   #142
Singidunum
Grad Oblakodera

Likes (Received): 16174

Potpišite peticiju protiv rušenja Generalštaba!

Cani, Аполон, patel2897, Мачор, Qtya liked this post
Singidunum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2016, 07:46 PM   #143
aleksandar_s
ETOPS-9000 certified

Likes (Received): 528

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cani View Post
a And where are the winglets? What happened to them?
Seems like they somehow removed them during the overhaul and painting. I didn't even know that was possible.
Old May 21st, 2016, 09:52 AM   #144
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Likes (Received): 1036

Most airlines have an older type in their fleet. JU also got some new generation AT7 500 series and older ones. You were just unlucky to get that older AT7 200 series type. You also have to keep in mind that traffic between Serbia and Croatia is fairly small, so the older AT7 is the perfect plane for that market. Croatia is starting to blackmail Serbia on their EU path, so the traffic numbers may even see the record low as well as in the recent past. The airbus fleet is for the bigger markets and more friendly nations. It is simple as that. That can be said for the advertisement. JU is very careful when it comes to investing in advertising material. There is no point investing good cash where the politics can mess up their investment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noir-dresses View Post
I flew from Abu Dhabi via Belgrade to Zagreb a few month's ago, and I can say Air Serbia having a better service is debatable. Just like many other airlines it lacks consistency.

For example the flight from Abu Dhabi to Belgrade was good, and I really liked the friendly service/food, but it was still not up to Etihad standards. Would I fly Air Serbia again yes because the crew were so nice. I'm sure once Air Serbia get their new NEO's custom made for them straight out of the factory the offering will be much better. For example IFE.

Now this is where it's debatable, and where I think Air Serbia lacks behind Croatia Airlines, and where they really have a lot of room to be better. The flight from Belgrade to Zagreb was on an old run down ATR-72 which was old, run down, very noisy, and not very impressive. I still like CA's regional props more then JU.

Bad part of this story is when I talked to any, or all the employee's in Air Serbia no body was really happy with their contracts. They all said Etihad got the better part of the deal, and that their contracts are in their words katastrofa. I also realized that there are two flight from Abu Dhabi to Belgrade a day where Etihad has a high load factor, and Air Serbia a very low load factor. Add to that Etihad are not really paying the airport fee's so one really has to ask what do the Serb's really get out of this except a better run airline?

I hope CA learn from Air Serbia's mistake, and never sell their souls to investment bankers, but from what I'm hearing Turkish Airlines are showing a strong interest in a minority stake so we might be in for the same unfortunately.

Good side to our story is Zagreb will finally get a new long over due presentable airport.

Any way congrats to you guys with trans Atlantic flights coming back. I use to fly Jat trans Atlantic back in the day with the 707's, and DC-10's out of YYZ. It's a part of my childhood memories.
YU-AMC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2016, 11:28 AM   #145
noir-dresses
bling bling

Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by YU-AMC View Post
Most airlines have an older type in their fleet. JU also got some new generation AT7 500 series and older ones. You were just unlucky to get that older AT7 200 series type. You also have to keep in mind that traffic between Serbia and Croatia is fairly small, so the older AT7 is the perfect plane for that market. Croatia is starting to blackmail Serbia on their EU path, so the traffic numbers may even see the record low as well as in the recent past. The airbus fleet is for the bigger markets and more friendly nations. It is simple as that. That can be said for the advertisement. JU is very careful when it comes to investing in advertising material. There is no point investing good cash where the politics can mess up their investment.
Let's not get into politics regarding Serbia's path to the EU, let's let the politicians to that, in the end it's there job. We went through hell to get into the EU because Slovenia gave us a hard time, honestly Balkan politicians are all the same so let's leave it at that.

I wouldn't call it bad luck with the ATR. It is what it is, and I know they will get their regional fleet upgraded sooner, or later. Like I said it's all about inconsistencies of every airline, and Air Serbia have theirs as well. What I know for sure CA will always have a good, and new regional prop, but the Airbus experience is mediocre.

darko06 liked this post
noir-dresses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2016, 05:13 AM   #146
aleksandar_s
ETOPS-9000 certified

Likes (Received): 528

Yeah it is unfortunate that JU doesn't have a consistent fleet of new and comfortable airplanes, but there is not much that can be done about that right now unfortunately. The airline must seek profitability and the ATR 72-200s and 733s help the company because they are fully paid off and depreciated.

A major problem that Croatia Airlines has right now is that they have no use for part of their fleet during the winter months. Having planes on the ground is very expensive unless the planes are old and fully paid off.

And JU certainly is not the only airline that has to keep unpopular planes in their fleet. Delta has 150+ MD 80/MD 90s, plus over 150 CRJ 200/ ERJ 145s. Many other airlines have similar airplanes in their fleets.
Old May 25th, 2016, 04:09 PM   #147
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Let's not get into politics regarding Serbia's path to the EU, let's let the politicians to that, in the end it's there job. We went through hell to get into the EU because Slovenia gave us a hard time, honestly Balkan politicians are all the same so let's leave it at that.

I wouldn't call it bad luck with the ATR. It is what it is, and I know they will get their regional fleet upgraded sooner, or later. Like I said it's all about inconsistencies of every airline, and Air Serbia have theirs as well. What I know for sure CA will always have a good, and new regional prop, but the Airbus experience is mediocre.
That was my transparent overview how I see it from my angle. A few older AT7s are good for testing the new markets. Keep in mind that some AT7 regional routes mature where JU can deploy Airbus fleet. So all in all, it is not so bad. If I were their CEO, I would consider EMB regional fleet, but that would be the new type in the fleet resulting in more operations overhead costs.... So pros and cons will be there anyhow.
Old May 25th, 2016, 05:54 PM   #148
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Quote:
Well I didn't know it was that bad before Etihad bought in.
I think the smaller airlines such as OU, along with the rest in the former Yugoslavia, seem to be worth nothing in my books. The governments would sell them in split second if those airlines did not carry bad debt. When I say bad debt, I mean the controversial Airbus/Q400 orders. The younger generations are on the hook to be paying off these loans while Germany keeps taping them on a shoulder. Business as usual..... The Croatian government is feeling the heat because these younger generations are fleeing towards the Western EU. That could be the reason why unsustainable ventures are up for sale..... They think that some rich Emirati sheik will come give them as much as cash they like...... The earlier they face the reality the better....
Old June 8th, 2016, 11:53 AM   #149
Nikola10

Likes (Received): 106

Air Serbia has raised the bar! Perfect inflight system. And remember it free it doesn't mean you have to pay wi-fi to get on it. the wi-fi only for those who browse the internet.

Quote:
Air Serbia unveils in-flight entertainment system

Air Serbia has launched its new in-flight entertainment (IFE) system, available to all passengers free of charge on its Airbus A319 and A320 aircraft. Entitled "Elevate Play", the new streaming product offers fifteen movies, 26 TV shows and fifty music albums. The service is available to passengers with tablets, laptops, mobiles and other hand-held devices. Travellers must download the Elevate Play application, either prior or during the flight, while laptop users will be able to stream entertainment without the need for an app, however, installation of the browser plugin will be needed. Last September, the Serbian carrier rolled out wireless Internet connectivity across its Airbus fleet.

The new entertainment system was developed by Global Eagle Entertainment (GEE), a worldwide provider of aircraft connectivity systems, which last September signed a deal with six Etihad Partner airlines, including Air Serbia, Jet Airways, Air Berlin, Alitalia and Air Seychelles, to provide in-flight entertainment. GEE Chief Commercial Officer, Walé Adepoju, noted, "GEE is honoured to expand our longstanding alliance with Etihad Airways and a forward-thinking group of regional and global airlines, through an innovative agreement and partnership committed to delivering a cost-effective and reliable passenger IFE experience across six airlines". Global Eagle Entertainment is used by more than 200 carriers in its various forms, including Oman Air, Flydubai, Norwegian Air Shuttle. Icelandair, Swiss International Air Lines, Lufthansa, Turkish Airlines, Fiji Airways and WestJet, to name a few.

Apart from its Airbus A319 and A320 fleet, Air Serbia will also offer in-flight entertainment to all passengers on board its A330-200 wide-body aircraft through personal television screens, which will be available in each seat. In addition to launching Elevate Play, the carrier will soon reveal more details of the in-flight entertainment offering on its wide-body A330 flights between Belgrade and New York, which will have personal TV monitors at every seat in both cabins. Last year, Adria Airways introduced its OnAir Entertainment platform, created by the Dutch-based AirFi Box. It allows for passengers to browse the airline's digital in-flight magazine, play games, chat, give feedback and order meals though their personal tablet computers and mobile phone devices.

Air Serbia's CEO, Dane Kondić, said, “We know that in-flight entertainment makes a world of difference to guests and are naturally excited to launch our Elevate Play service. This service, which is available on all our A319 and A320 jets, provides travellers with hundreds of hours of entertainment in English and Serbian, from Hollywood blockbusters to all-time Serbian and other classic films from the region. We have selected content with the duration of our short and medium-haul flights in mind, and which appeals to a wide range of travellers, from families with children who want to watch cartoons, to those who would rather listen to the latest chart hits". He added, “Providing the best possible guest experience is a key part of our strategy to become the leading airline in the region and Elevate Play fits into this vision perfectly”.
Nikola10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2016, 08:49 PM   #150
Аполон

Likes (Received): 7072

A330-200 interior

Economy class

Business class

aleksandar_s liked this post
Аполон no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2016, 12:34 PM   #151
Sukkiri

Likes (Received): 46

First commercial flight for the A330: BEG-TGD.

Courtesy of Ex-Yu Aviation

It will then be deployed to Banja Luka on June 11th, 12th, 16th and 19th. Zagreb will be double daily from the 12th until the 21st.

aleksandar_s, Singidunum liked this post
Sukkiri no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 12:18 AM   #152
Аполон

]

Аполон no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 12:19 AM   #153
Аполон

A330 Air Serbia at Zagreb airport (ZAG)

foto:Marko Ćaćić
Old June 15th, 2016, 11:01 AM   #154
Nikola10

Likes (Received): 106

Amazing Photo
Nikola10 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 11:27 AM   #155
Sukkiri

BEG-ZAG on the A330.

Courtesy of Tango Six

Bonus, the Safety Video:

Usman ali, Аполон liked this post
Old June 16th, 2016, 10:55 AM   #156
Sukkiri

Inaugural flight: BEG-OHD.

Photos courtesy of Ex-Yu Aviation

Old June 20th, 2016, 09:48 PM   #157
Аполон

Aviolet (charter airline operated by Air Serbia) fleet: 4 Boeing 737-300

Boytronic
Old June 21st, 2016, 05:34 AM   #158
YU-AMC
Aviation/Travel Nerd

Love the cabin in JU's A330. Already booked my flights, but I am looking to try them in October this year.
Old June 22nd, 2016, 07:02 PM   #159
Аполон

Air Serbia unveils long haul product
Air Serbia has officially unveiled its long haul product today, which will include a number of new features, such as flying nannies and AVOD entertainment, as well as a la carte dining in business class. The new services will be available on the carrier's Airbus A330-200 aircraft, which will be deployed to New York as of tomorrow.
According to the carrier, apart from the 1-1-1 cabin layout, passengers in business class will enjoy fully flat bed seats, amenity kits, a personal in-flight entertainment system, dining at the time of their preference, a turndown service, Internet connectivity, a "do not disturb" button, and a 2 X 32 kg baggage policy. Meanwhile, travellers in economy class will have at their disposal in-flight entertainment on personal 10.9 inch TV screens, a choice of three meals, Internet connectivity and a 2 X 23 kg baggage policy. The economy cabin is configured in a 2-4-2 layout.
All flights between Belgrade and New York will also feature a "Flying Nanny" - a dedicated cabin crew member helping to get children on board settled into their seats, keeping them entertained and offering advice and support to parents. Flying Nannies will be equipped with a goody bag of games and activities to help keep children occupied during the flight. Furthermore, the airline has introduced the Elevate Duty Free service, allowing passengers to purchase goods on board. Due to current restrictions and safety measures, duty free items bought at airports other than Belgrade will not be permitted on board the Air Serbia flights to New York as carry-on baggage, even if packed in appropriate safety bags.
Finally, the airline's new in-flight entertainment system, entitled Elevate Play, will feature both Serbian and Hollywood-produced movies and TV shows, as well as music, video games and news.

Presenting the new service, the CEO of the Etihad Aviation Group, James Hogan, said, "Air Serbia has had one of the fastest turnarounds of any airline. It is the leading airline in the Balkans and one of the leading boutique airlines in Europe. It is a good mid-size airline and it is profitable. If Air Serbia wasn't part of the Etihad Aviation Group they would not have been able to launch these flights".
http://www.exyuaviation.com/2016/06/...l-product.html
Old June 23rd, 2016, 05:47 AM   #160
Equario
Борітеся поборете!

Likes (Received): 14459

Air Serbia's first flight to Kyiv, Boryspil (KBP).

http://spotters.net.ua/file/?id=109953&size=large

Discover Ukraine - The vibrant country: https://youtu.be/Pu8tL3ptXRM and Kyiv - The city of many faces: on SSC

Аполон, aleksandar_s liked this post
Equario no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
european airlines, serbia