daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Skyscrapers & local issues > Projects, Construction, Skyscrapers & Statistics > South Australia

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 19th, 2005, 02:37 PM   #101
Giorgio

Likes (Received): 360

$100 million,...... how much is con worth?

im actually distantly related to him!
im going to try get alot more info on this project

Sponsored Links

Old July 23rd, 2005, 08:47 AM   #102
Will

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howie
Finally some news on the Consultation... you can all get in on the process as far as I'm aware... here's a repost of what i wrote on Sensational-Adelaide forums.

This brings back painful memories for me.

I remember there was a consultation process for the last stage of Holdfast Shores. same as this time they offered the public 3 options, including the one I voted for which was a 15 level tower and a 7 level apartment/hotel building. When councils let the people chose, the anti-development groups sabotage these consultations and the worst proposal is chosen. This happenend at Glenelg and I have a feeling it will happen again in North Adelaide.
Will no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2005, 07:14 AM   #103
JAKJ

Likes (Received): 3

Look what I recieved in the mail today:

I am so sick of this "colonel light evisioned village" bullshit. I seriously doubt the good colonel could have envisioned a city with a population of 1.2 million, and buildings exceeding 100m. These people need to understand that things change, and that the ideals for certain areas must change as well. The fact is North Adelaide is really losing out to places like the Parade because of lack of development, especially when it comes to retail/entertainment. Oconnell street needs this development, it needs new retail/cinema/hotel facilities but it looks like all this is going to be prevented in favour of a dingy 1-2 storey North Adelaide village clone (the village is bad enough) by a group of geriatric wankers!! God it pisses me off.
JAKJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2005, 08:22 AM   #104
pikey
Power 2004

Likes (Received): 4

******* joke.

Period.

Last edited by pikey; August 5th, 2005 at 08:45 AM.
pikey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2005, 08:43 AM   #105
Howie
we love cranage :)

i'm disgusted by that... :thumbsdown:
Howie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2005, 10:22 AM   #106
Giorgio

hey, this whole cities a joke.
Now, i no whats gonna happen, This post will get deleted or someone will bash me for saying it, but Adelaide is a Dump.

D-U-M-P
its dead.

Like my uncle once told me..... adelaide is a cemetary with lights.
Old August 5th, 2005, 10:26 AM   #107
pikey
Power 2004

^

click here then
Old August 5th, 2005, 11:42 AM   #108
redstar
BANNED

oh.... my.... god

are we that stuoid to neglect every development proposal that happens here in adelaide. no wonder no-one invests in adelaide because of all the neglections that happen. if we want developments, we need to make developments.
redstar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2005, 03:46 PM   #109
Al
Rann the man

Well people, perhaps we should make use of the little flyer put out by these NIMBYs and do what they say - email the councillors (councillors@adelaidecitycouncil.com) and perhaps show our support. It's probably too late to write to Lomax-Smith coz the deadline is August 8 (Monday). Talk back radio? Show's the age of the people putting this petition together! I suggest we use email and put our case forward to the ACC Councillors. It's probably best to keep it polite and not too "passionate" because it'll only harm our cause if we seem abusive.

The first thing we should all do is fill in the questionaire on ACC's website and show our support (http://www.adelaidecitycouncil.com.a...stionnaire.pdf)
and submit it to consultation@adelaidecitycouncil.com (subject: Response to LeCornu Consultation).

Here's what I wrote (for any plagiarisers out there) for "Outcome 1":
"The outcome of option 1 will result in a lost opportunity to build an exciting and fun complex which will benefit the residents of Adelaide now and in the future. To bring life and energy into the heart of the city, bold statements must be made and policy outcome 1 would demonstrate quite the opposite. The message to willing developers looking to provide something unique to Adelaide will be "look elsewhere"."

Outcome 2:
See Outcome 1.

Outcome 3:
"Option 3 will provide not only North Adelaide but Adelaide as a whole with a new and exciting development that can only enhance the vibrant O'Connell Street pricinct. It will be significant in demonstrating the forward looking vision of the council and will surely attract tourists from interstate and beyond. Coupled with the redevelopment of Hotel Adelaide into premium apartments, O'Connell Street is just beginning to show its potential."

Feel free to use it if it helps. Then get something emailed to the councillors.
Al no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2005, 03:51 PM   #110
Al
Rann the man

Here's my email to the councillors:

Dear Adelaide City Councillors,

I am writing to express my support for the proposed development of the old LeCornu's site on O'Connell Street.

I am a resident of Adelaide and have been so for many years and during this time I have always held the opinion that Adelaide has been quite conservative, perhaps with good reason due to our excellent heritage but I personally believe this project will inject much needed life into North Adelaide and Adelaide as a whole. If this project is given approval, I imagine it will provide a fantastic opportunity for the state to demonstrate that Adelaide is looking towards the future, we are progressive and forward thinking but we respect our past and that we can be bold. This value of this message cannot be measured. As our elected representatives, we hope you can provide us and others who are paying attention here and interstate this message.

Given the ACC's recent ideas such as "Times Square", the SANTOS tower observation deck, and neon lighting in special areas, I believe Adelaide City Council has shown a great deal of vision and leadership which has been missing for quite some time.

I dearly hope the Council makes the correct decision and perhaps my email has made a small difference but I would like to thank you for taking the time to read my email.

Kindest regards,
*insert your name here stupid*

Don't get mad - get even.
Old August 5th, 2005, 04:37 PM   #111
Giorgio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikey
your point?
Old August 5th, 2005, 06:13 PM   #112
pikey
Power 2004

^ If you don't like Adelaide that much, well, just giving you some flight details.
Old August 6th, 2005, 02:22 AM   #113
redstar
BANNED

whats this hubbub about times square and neon lights? where?
Old August 6th, 2005, 08:08 AM   #114
Al
Rann the man

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstar
whats this hubbub about times square and neon lights? where?
It's been in the messenger and I think also on the news about Harbison's idea to turn the intersection of Rundle Mall/Rundle Street/Pulteney Street into a "Times Square" concept with big screen advertising displays mounted on the two car parks on the those corners. The neons was a suggestion to allow neon signs and lighting in special areas of the city. The "Times sqaure" idea is being talked about in this weeks messenger.
Old August 6th, 2005, 11:27 AM   #115
Giorgio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikey
^ If you don't like Adelaide that much, well, just giving you some flight details.
luckily, thats what i did almost 5 years ago. I live in adelaide at most 2 months of the year. im in athens right now, were change is constant and its developing like a city.

only people who have lived in a foreign nation or atleast another city would realise how appaling adelaide is..
Old August 13th, 2005, 02:13 AM   #116
Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by .::G!oRgOs::.
luckily, thats what i did almost 5 years ago. I live in adelaide at most 2 months of the year. im in athens right now, were change is constant and its developing like a city.

only people who have lived in a foreign nation or atleast another city would realise how appaling adelaide is..

I have travelled, but I still prefer Adelaide....

And another thing I find your statement that people who have lived in foreign cities would find Adelaide appaling quite ridiculous. Why would they find a city without choking traffic jams, crime, violence, pollution, snow appaling?
Old August 13th, 2005, 02:16 AM   #117
Will

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAKJ
Look what I recieved in the mail today:

I am so sick of this "colonel light evisioned village" bullshit. I seriously doubt the good colonel could have envisioned a city with a population of 1.2 million, and buildings exceeding 100m. These people need to understand that things change, and that the ideals for certain areas must change as well. The fact is North Adelaide is really losing out to places like the Parade because of lack of development, especially when it comes to retail/entertainment. Oconnell street needs this development, it needs new retail/cinema/hotel facilities but it looks like all this is going to be prevented in favour of a dingy 1-2 storey North Adelaide village clone (the village is bad enough) by a group of geriatric wankers!! God it pisses me off.

This is seriously pathetic and disgusting. I hate it when people refer to North Adelaide, Adelaide, Glenelg, West Lakes and the Port as a 'village'. These people should wake up and see that Queen Victoria is dead, and it is 2005!
Old August 13th, 2005, 02:23 AM   #118
Malt
Its a sleepy little town

Likes (Received): 93

i also despise nimby's.

Find out where it originated and send them a letter asking them to sigh a petition for option a or option b.

Then make option a) "Move forward into the future"
and option B) "Mouth your knoble steed and charge into the crusades you pathetic Nimbys"
Malt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2005, 12:20 PM   #119
JAKJ

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malt
i also despise nimby's.

Find out where it originated and send them a letter asking them to sigh a petition for option a or option b.

Then make option a) "Move forward into the future"
and option B) "Mouth your knoble steed and charge into the crusades you pathetic Nimbys"
^
JAKJ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2005, 01:13 PM   #120
redstar
BANNED

this may sound unbelievably stupid to some, but could someone please see past the light and just answer this question?

what are nimbys?