SkyscraperCity Forum banner

15 pictures you won’t believe they are shot in Egypt

3K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Wust El Balad 
#1 ·
All the pictures are shot by me during the lovely trips only in Egypt. Pictures are NOT PHOTOSHOPPED.

My facebook page: facebook.com/hakemphotography

My Email address: moh.hakem@gmail.com

1. This is not the surface of the moon! It’s the white desert near Bahareya Oasis at night. It is the oldest place on earth that dates 80 million years back!! yes 80 million years. It is all covered by a white layer formed of fossils from an ancient ocean loooooooong time ago. The white surface reflects the light coming from the stars or the moon… MAGICAL!.

2. Again this is not Florence, this is not done by Da Vinci ! It’s the ceiling of el Sultan Qalawoon mosque in Old Cairo. The dome was built during the Islamic period of Andalusia. Architects combined the western Churches design with the Islamic one. Marvelous!.

http://mhakem.com/2014/04/05/13/

#5 ·
Correct me if I´m wrong, but these have unusal shape and probably colors as well. Generally houses made of mud are simple, cubic shape, but these are so different....

Regarding Bahareya Oasis - is there any way to go there during stay in Egypt with any reasonable form of transportation?

#9 ·
^^Thanks a lot for your answer, even if it isn't that what i like to hear :) In such case i need to find any other method - maybe the right way will be to find the local guide, because i'm trying to find out the way to see in your country some places which aren't usually presented for tourist by tour operators. You know, they generally driving through most famous places only, and it isn't bad idea if you are traveling through Egypt first, maybe second time. But i'm visiting Egypt almost year-by-year and i'm sure, there are so many places as on your pictures, that needs my attention, and i haven't been there yet.

I can only say that Egypt is a really beautiful country, and i would like to see every corner of it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.