daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 14th, 2015, 03:58 PM   #321
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8834

I think commuters in parts of Europe would also use the new lines on the first day too - curiosity may sometimes kill the cat, but it might also lead to salmon. Just a problem that new lines don't happen so much up here.

Great videos, though. So many openings all at once!
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2015, 04:18 PM   #322
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

Well, I remember what happens in Spain.

For example:

Saturday at noon: "Inauguration day" with the parliament of kings, prime minister, local politicians or whatever depending the magnitude of the project. Ribbon cutting and first ride... Of course all without normal people or far away from the authorities.

Sunday morning: Inauguration for passengers.

I remember the inauguration of L9 Metro Barcelona: The authorities in the morning (only) and the people from 3pm

https://youtu.be/zn773u2VWyI

Ah, I am one of the first users of the L9: the bald man guy with glasses at the beginning

Svartmetall liked this post
Sr.Horn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2015, 05:09 PM   #323
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden

Haha, not every day you get featured on the news. Perhaps you're right, they tend to do a song and dance when they open a big new line like this.
Old March 15th, 2015, 02:55 PM   #324
pudgym29
Monster Raving Loony

Likes (Received): 16

The back catalog(ue).

I am also in Tokyo now (Through Tuesday). I have photographs of the trains and facilities @ Tokyo Station on Saturday, 14 March. The images are on my Panasonic camera's SDHC card. (You'll have to wait until later.) But that is not the main reason for this reply.

It has been nearly three years since I presented my show to the Central Electric Railfans' Association. It was about trains in Tokyo and Yokohama, Japan. I gave it the title, "I Shot J. R. (& Keikyu, Keio, Odakyu, et alia)"; which was a twist on the then-recent revival of the 1980s television show "Dallas", and its protagonist|antagonist "J. R. Ewing". This was seemingly a bit too much for Tony Coppoletta, who was the emcee of C.E.R.A. programs in 2012. He publicized it as "Trains of Tokyo and Yokohama". Whatever.
I lost a substantial portion of my audience when the 'closing event' of Chicago Craft Beer Week occurred on the same evening (Friday), even though the calendar showed CCBW extending through to Sunday. (I also would have wanted to attend that 'closing event'.) But I still feel it was a good show. To illustrate that, I have now uploaded all the photographs I showed that night, and included the script in which I described the photographs. Some of these photographs can no longer be replicated. (The grade crossing in Shimo-Kitazawa has been eliminated.)
It went off-line a couple of times. After an incident at December 2014's C.E.R.A. show, in which we had a delay due to technical problems; I was actually asked if there was something I could show while we were trying to fix it. My answer was 'no', because I didn't have that USB flash drive with me then. [We did fix it.]
We had an internet connection. I remembered uploading this. When I went to the site of the last uploader I had utilized, the file had rinsed off-line.
So I decided to upload it again just in case we had another technical snag.
The file is 24.23 MB.
I'm still on a V.92 modem internet connection at the domicile. Finding a semi-anonymous uploader which would accept a file this large without disconnecting me (due to a time constraint) was troublesome. I have always railed against commercial uploaders like Megaupload .com for the reason which came to fruition years ago: They are highly susceptible to
takedown orders, even false ones. Uploaders which discriminate in favor of persons who have paid for a 'premium' account are especially hazardous: The takedown order will be accompanied with the demand to identify the 'premium' account holders who downloaded the file. (The dolts who used a credit card can expect the hard-knock on the door from a law enforcement agency.)

My photographs are Creative Commons - Attribution - NonCommercial - ShareAlike BY-NC-SA. Essentially, you can do whatever you wish with them, including making derivative works of them, as long as you do not try to make any money from doing so.
I visited Japan again in March 2015. I intentionally uploaded the file to four different Japanese-based uploaders, with a Japanese I.P. Address. "Haters" will have much more work trying to get this file off the World-Wide Web now. The file is now uploaded here:The download password is 8124.
The .rar password is "Keikyu_via_Sengakuji" {without the quotes}.
pudgym29 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2015, 04:00 PM   #325
Rodalvesdepaula
Scooter/motorbike lover

Likes (Received): 40979

This new line between Tokyo and Ueno will improve the operation of trains, but I think this line could have a stop in Akihabara Station to improve the connection with Chuo-Sobu Line and Tsukuba Express.

Rodalvesdepaula está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2015, 05:03 PM   #326
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodalvesdepaula View Post
This new line between Tokyo and Ueno will improve the operation of trains, but I think this line could have a stop in Akihabara Station to improve the connection with Chuo-Sobu Line and Tsukuba Express.
Because of the gradients, the horizontal space, and the Shinkansen portal, there was no room for a station.

The Tsukuba Express is supposed to be extended to Tokyo Station and somewhat parallels the Joban line (with a transfer at Kita-Senju) anyways.

And the Chuo-Sobu line can be accessed by transferring from further South (Tokyo for the Tokaido line to the Chuo Rapid or the Sobu Main) or north (the Musashino and Saikyo lines).

Rodalvesdepaula liked this post
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 15th, 2015, 06:35 PM   #327
sacto7654

Likes (Received): 283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodalvesdepaula View Post
Now that most passengers travelling geographic south of Ueno Station beyond Tokyo Station coming in on the Takasaki, Utsunomiya (neé Tōhoku) and Jōban lines no longer need to change trains at Ueno Station, getting to Akihabara won't be so crowded since you don't have to deal with all the passengers transferring at Ueno on a mandatory basis. In short, it'll actually be pleasant on the Yamanote and Keihin-Tōhoku lines between Shinagawa and Ueno Stations for a change.

Rodalvesdepaula liked this post
sacto7654 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 12:02 AM   #328
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 63123

If they are going to extend the Tsukuba Line and build the Narita Haneda Connection line it's going to be an even bigger puzzle around Tokyo station to locate the new stations.

I wonder if one of these lines will be used to give the area Toranomon/Akasaka/Roppongi better rail access. It's one of the busiest areas in Tokyo when it comes to new office developments and for now only a new station on the Tokyo Metro Hibiya Line at Toranomon Hills being planned. If the Tsukuba Express is used they would have extend the line even further, but I don't think that would be a big problem as the investment of the short extension to Tokyo Station will relatively large. Extending the line, maybe even towards Shibuya will also provide a faster connections between Tokyo Station and Shibuya.

Anyway, it's going to be interesting to see what new plans will come up post the 2020 Olympics, as city will still be changing. The Chuo Maglev will have an impact, shifting traffic to Shinagawa (the Ueno-Tokyo Line, will already play a big part as a feeder route). New large scale urban developments around town will also see changes. And there will also be the issue of large renovations or even rebuilding of the older metro tunnels because of the safety risks.
Momo1435 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 16th, 2015, 05:38 AM   #329
Taiwan Junior
台灣 J

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by FML View Post
(You need to sign in to download - I know it's inconvenient, but I couldn't find easier free service.)
A little personal suggestion : How about uploading ur works to Dropbox for sharing ?

TAIWAN Rail Map of passenger services & Taipei, Kaohsiung, Tokyo, Osaka, Hong Kong, Seoul, Singapore Rail Map
@ TJ Zone - http://sites.google.com/site/taiwanjunior/
Taiwan Junior no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 23rd, 2015, 11:19 AM   #330
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

E235 Series first test run

For its first time, the new E235 make a test run outside the Niitsu plant.

Yamanote Line's E235 Series is scheduled to revenue in service by fall 2015.

Quote:

Source & photos: http://tetsudo-shimbun.com/article/topic/entry-347.html

Video:

More videos: https://www.youtube.com/results?sear..._date_uploaded
Old March 23rd, 2015, 04:50 PM   #331
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

I like the interior a lot. Are all of those screens above the seats? No more hanging cardboard adverts?
Old March 24th, 2015, 02:40 AM   #332
sacto7654

Likes (Received): 283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svartmetall View Post
I like the interior a lot. Are all of those screens above the seats? No more hanging cardboard adverts?
Yes. Most new commuter trainsets now being delivered to JR Group companies and to many private railways Japan are giving up the majority of hanging cardboard advertisements in favor of LCD panels showing essentially commercials. Even the Hankyu 1000 and 1300 Series EMU's delivered in recent years have way less cardboard ads than what we used to see even just a few years ago.

Svartmetall liked this post
sacto7654 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2015, 06:39 AM   #333
vincentlim_12

Likes (Received): 1

Wow The Subway map looks so complicated. @[email protected]
vincentlim_12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 01:24 AM   #334
Rodalvesdepaula
Scooter/motorbike lover

Likes (Received): 40979

These new E235 are wonderful! They will be the new symbol of Tokyo.

Rodalvesdepaula está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2015, 12:23 PM   #335
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

More 12-600 series train for TOEI Oedo Line

The new set of 12-600 series will enter in service next 6 of April. Current 12-600 trains starts it service in 2012. The new trains incorpores larges LCD screens and full color LED displays.

http://response.jp/article/2015/03/31/247921.html

Test ride:

Svartmetall, dimlys1994 liked this post
Sr.Horn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2015, 12:26 PM   #336
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Those look really nice indeed!
Old March 31st, 2015, 12:54 PM   #337
TomásGC
BANNED

Likes (Received): 57

I would love to visit tokyo one day!
TomásGC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2015, 03:51 PM   #338
FML

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiwan Junior View Post
A little personal suggestion : How about uploading ur works to Dropbox for sharing ?
謝謝 for your suggestion. Looks ideal service for me! I will be using this from the next update.

Svertmetall-sama and Sr. Horn-sama, ご無沙汰しております。
Well I'm hardly active here but I always respect tireless contributions of you guys. And I'm hoping quashlo-san also comes back here one day.

Sr.Horn, Svartmetall, loefet liked this post
FML no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2015, 07:32 AM   #339
ukiyo
スーパーモデレーターSuper Moderator

Likes (Received): 10767

Quote:
謝謝 for your suggestion. Looks ideal service for me! I will be using this from the next update.

Well I'm hardly active here but I always respect tireless contributions of you guys. And I'm hoping quashlo-san also comes back here one day.
あなたの地図は大変参考になりました。本当にありがとうございました。許可なく参考にさせて頂いたことをどうぞお許しください。

ところで、"Greater Tokyo"の地図もアップデートされる予定はありますでしょうか?
ukiyo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2015, 04:24 PM   #340
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

Bing-translated for those of us who came here only able to read English.

Quote:

I sit with

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukiyo View Post
あなたの地図は大変参考になりました。本当にありがとうございました。許可なく参考にさせて頂いたことをどうぞお許しください。

ところで、"Greater Tokyo"の地図もアップデートされる予定はありますでしょうか?
Map your's was really helpful. Thank you very much. Please forgive me to refer to them without permission.

By the way, there is scheduled to be updated map of Greater Tokyo?
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
chiba monorail, jr east, keio, keisei, metro, odakyu, seibu, tama monorail, tobu, toei subway, tokyo, tokyo metro, tokyu, yamanote