daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 28th, 2015, 10:53 PM   #501
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

I commented a few days ago the idea of the Tsukuba Express to Ariake. I think is the most logical despite the expensive fare of the TX (well, the Yurikamome is expensive too), but in my opinion is a minor problem considering the richness of the bay area neighborhoods.
Sr.Horn no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2015, 12:12 AM   #502
orulz

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr.Horn View Post
I commented a few days ago the idea of the Tsukuba Express to Ariake. I think is the most logical despite the expensive fare of the TX (well, the Yurikamome is expensive too), but in my opinion is a minor problem considering the richness of the bay area neighborhoods.
Technically the fare could be set to anything, no reason it has to follow the same fare structure as the existing segment of the line, right? This could even be built as a new Toei line, and implemented as a through-running arrangement with the TX at Akihabara. Like how the Minatomirai line is technically a separate line, but is operated seamlessly as an extension of the Tokyu Toyoko line. Or how the Toyo Rapid Railway and Tozai line are seamlessly integrated. Or the Saitama Rapid Railway and the Tozai line. Etc, etc.

pudgym29 liked this post

Last edited by orulz; July 29th, 2015 at 12:18 AM.
orulz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2015, 07:14 PM   #503
orulz

Likes (Received): 47

This blog article makes the interesting case that the extension of (likely) the Nanboku Line from Shirokanetakanawa to Shinagawa, should be extended 3km further south to Oimachi and connected to the Tokyu Oimachi line, and this would make the Oimachi Line more useful and help reduce crowding on the Den-en Toshi line.

Svartmetall liked this post
orulz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2015, 11:17 AM   #504
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

Shinagawa - Tamachi development project

In a recent interview with the president of JR East it was offered few more details of the development plan between Shinagawa and Tamachi station with a new station on the Yamanote Line.

JR East IR News President's interview

The president has said that the new station between Shinagawa and Tamachi will open provisionally by 2020, and the whole project completed by 2023~2024.

Removing the rail yard, 13ha of terrain will be urbanized in an investment plan of 500 billion yen (3.700 million euro). According the Nikkei Newspaper of July 17, 2014, eight skyscrapers (~160m height) would be constructed plus high-rise apartments, hotels, etc. I think momo has more detailed information.

The decision could be approved by the end of this year.

With close relationship with the JR East Shinagawa development project, Keikyu proposes an investment plan for Keikyu Shinagawa Station with the construction of a fourth track (current three tracks and two platforms)

Source: http://building-pc.cocolog-nifty.com...07/p-7d7c.html

Svartmetall, loefet, orulz, pudgym29 liked this post
Old August 5th, 2015, 07:26 PM   #505
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

Barbecue festival causes major disrupt on JR Keihin-Tohoku (Negishi) Line and affects other lines in the Yokohama area.

The fireworks moment captured by an eyewitness, comments and apologies from JR staff etc.

The incident has occurred between Sakuragicho and Yokohama stations in Yokohama City. It affected directly three trains with 1000 to 15000 passengers.

Quote:
Train power outage in Yokohama linked to area where wires run close together

A train power outage on the night of Aug. 4 along the JR Keihin-Tohoku and Negishi lines has been traced to an area where two train power lines run close together, it has been learned.

Two of four parallel wires were severed at almost the same spot, in a type of location said to be susceptible to short circuiting. The wires may have severed after the heat from short circuiting melted them. East Japan Railway Company (JR East) is continuing to investigate the cause of the accident.

According to JR East, the faulty wires were "trolley wires," which trains come into contact with and receive electricity from. The wires were 12 millimeters in circumference and made of copper alloy.

Neither a visual inspection of the wires on July 23 nor an inspection by a maintenance car on May 17 found evidence of excessive wear.

According to a JR insider source, train power lines have to be set with a certain amount of tension, and they are connected at intervals of around one to 1.5 kilometers. At the point of connection between two lines, the old and new wires run next to each other for about 50 meters -- as they did in the location of the Yokohama outage -- in what is called an "air section." Factors like differences in voltage between the two wires can cause short circuits.

Previously, in 2007, wiring came down on JR East's Tohoku Line in Saitama at an air section.

According to JR East, the power outage on Aug. 4 caused 150 trains to be cancelled, and 159 to be delayed by up to around 6 hours and 20 minutes. Some 350,000 passengers were affected. One of the two severed trolley wires was repaired at around 1:35 a.m. on Aug. 5, and all lines passing through the point were temporarily reopened.

However, in order to provide enough power for rush hour, the area was closed again for repair work on the second wire. This caused trains to be cancelled and delays on the Keihin Tohoku, Negishi and Yokohama lines, affecting around 3,500 passengers on Aug. 5. At around 5:35 a.m., repair work finished and the area was reopened.
http://mainichi.jp/english/english/n...na014000c.html

A complete footage of the incident:

dimlys1994 liked this post
Old August 11th, 2015, 12:48 PM   #506
doc7austin

Likes (Received): 812

A nice ride on the Yamanote Line (I liked the station music, which varies between the stations):

dimlys1994, lkstrknb liked this post
doc7austin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2015, 12:41 PM   #507
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

Keiō Line 7,2km grade separation project

Keio Corporation has announced the elevation of 7,2 kilometers of the Keiō Line between Sasazuka and Sengawa stations. The project will affect a total of six level crosses and the Daitabashi, Meidaimae, Shimo-Takaido, Sakurajōsui, Kami-Kitazawa, Roka-kōen and Chitose-Karasuyama stations. Hachimanyama Station was already elevated.

Apparently, preparation works has started and is planned to be completed by 2022.

http://mtkarasu.exblog.jp/24152002/
http://www.keio.co.jp/press/news/1506/index.html#page=1

Recent shots between Daitabashi and Meidamae (transfer for Keio Inokashira Line, all trains stops here) http://blog.livedoor.jp/densuki7/

Old August 16th, 2015, 01:04 PM   #508
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8823

Keio did an excellent job at Chofu with their burial of the line and the high quality of the stations. I hope this is just as good!
Svartmetall no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2015, 04:24 PM   #509
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26144

Progress on Shakujii-kōen station development - even it was mainly redeveloped in 2010s, the southern entrance, which will be close to residential areas, traditional shopping streets and popular Shakujii Park, still under development and planned for completion in FY2016:
http://freepass-nikki.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2015-08-16

dimlys1994 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2015, 08:35 AM   #510
dimlys1994

Taken from Japanese transport thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by castermaild55 View Post
old fashioned Trailer bus West tokyo

dimlys1994 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2015, 11:43 AM   #511
castermaild55

Likes (Received): 3060

Akihabara station and town

castermaild55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2015, 03:03 PM   #512
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

Seibu to introduce new rolling stock

Seibu has announced today the 24th of August the introduction of the new 40000 Series from spring 2017.

The new train is based on current 30000 Series. The first order includes 80 cars (8 10-car set) manufactured by Kawasaki Heavy Industries.

The body car will be made by aluminium alloy. Includes IGBT-VVVF inverter, PMSM motor and full-LED in order to save the 40% of energy. The color will include the green mountain and blue sky (plus grey and yellow).

The seat distribution will be similar to the existing in Tobu Tojo Liner and some Keihan train with different distribution according the moment of the day or the type of service. Also, a new distribution on the ends:

Source: http://response.jp/article/2015/08/24/258532.html

Svartmetall, dimlys1994, pudgym29 liked this post
Old August 25th, 2015, 11:19 AM   #513
sacto7654

Likes (Received): 283

I wonder will the new 40000 series EMU for Seibu be part of the "pool fleet" that will do run-throughs onto the Tokyo Metro Fukutoshin Line, Tokyu Toyoko Line, and Yokohama Minatomirai Line.
sacto7654 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2015, 03:49 PM   #514
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

Why do these somehow remind me of the E217?

starrwulfe liked this post
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2015, 07:20 PM   #515
dimlys1994

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlys1994 View Post
Takenotsuka station grade separation continues at Adachi, Tokyo. Station is part of Tobu Railway and project is planned to be completed by 2020:
http://freepass-nikki.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2015-06-21
August update on station's elevation project:
http://freepass-nikki.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2015-08-23

Old August 30th, 2015, 08:45 PM   #516
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

Likes (Received): 469

JR EAST Tokyo Railcar Center Summer Expo!

Kind of late, but I was really busy over the past few weeks, so please forgive.

This is the place where most of JR's Kanto-area fleet gets major service done, and the WHOLE PLACE was opened up to railfans for FREE on August 23rd.

Of course there were trains galore, and every current model in the fleet was on display...

And this puppy was also out on the rails for us to check out as well!

And every piece of equipment that goes into building, running, and keeping things smooth, was also thoroughly displayed and explained.

If you needed a ride something on the tracks, they had you covered here too!

Check out my entire album right here. If you have any questions, just ask!
Old September 1st, 2015, 01:56 AM   #517
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden

Again, I know these are not the best videos out there of the Tokyo transport system, but they're ones my wife kindly took for me, so I'll share them here.

First up, a little compilation of Ginza line stock she came across when taking the line.

And a view from the Yamanote line between Uguisudani and Nippori.

A ride on the Keio line between Meidaimae station and Chofu station with a bit of a view of Chofu station (undergrounded now).

Old September 5th, 2015, 10:31 PM   #518
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

A couple more videos from Tokyo.

First up, the Keio line and Keio Sagamihara line including a brief look at Fuchu and Tama Center station.

And the Tama Toshi Monorail - an important monorail connecting radial train lines coming from the centre of Tokyo. It serves as an important tangental connection for the western suburbs.

Old September 5th, 2015, 11:26 PM   #519
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

I think your wife must be register here. She's a big railfan looking those videos taped in non touristy areas.
Old September 6th, 2015, 12:56 AM   #520
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

She was doing some neighbourhood tours out in western Tokyo to see whether or not she liked the idea of living in those areas, that's why she was out there.

I asked her (since I couldn't go with her to Japan this time) to take photos and videos for me. She likes transport systems, but not to the same extent as me.

Tags
chiba monorail, jr east, keio, keisei, metro, odakyu, seibu, tama monorail, tobu, toei subway, tokyo, tokyo metro, tokyu, yamanote