daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 4th, 2016, 01:21 AM   #901
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

Update, update:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr.Horn View Post
Meine Damen und Herren, the Tobu 500 series "Revaty" Limited Express delivering from Kobe plant:

Sponsored Links
Old December 5th, 2016, 11:40 PM   #902
Rodalvesdepaula
Scooter/motorbike lover

Likes (Received): 40979

These trainsets will replace the 100 Series Spacia?

Rodalvesdepaula está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2016, 01:51 AM   #903
orulz

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Zy99 View Post
I know what it means from context, but where does the term "t-grade" come from?
Means I made a typo.

I meant to type "at-grade".

orulz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2016, 05:43 AM   #904
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodalvesdepaula View Post
These trainsets will replace the 100 Series Spacia?
I suspect that they will augment, not replace, adding new services to Aizu. The trains I would worry about retiring would be the 300 series. The 100 series just got overhauls and new paint.

Rodalvesdepaula liked this post
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2016, 11:37 AM   #905
Rodalvesdepaula
Scooter/motorbike lover

Likes (Received): 40979

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Zy99 View Post
I suspect that they will augment, not replace, adding new services to Aizu. The trains I would worry about retiring would be the 300 series. The 100 series just got overhauls and new paint.
I saw in Wikipedia that 500 Series will be introduced in new Tobu services departing from Asakusa:

Revaty Kegon: Nikko (East JR will suffer... The Limited Express Nikko is operated with old 253 Series...)
Revaty Kinu: Shin-Fujiwara
Revaty Aizu: Aizu-Tajima
Revaty Ryomo: Tatebayashi

Also, these trains will run on SkyTree Line (Asakusa - Kasukabe) and Urban Park Liner (Asakusa - Omiya - Unga).

pudgym29 liked this post
Rodalvesdepaula está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2016, 03:41 PM   #906
sacto7654

Likes (Received): 283

I'm surprised Tobu didn't consider using the 500 Series EMU on the Shimotsuke limited express service from Tobu-Utsunomiya Station to Asakusa.
sacto7654 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2016, 06:41 PM   #907
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

New Toei Asakusa Line 5500 series

Toei has announced a new trainset for the Asakusa Line, the 5500 series. The new EMU will enter in service by spring 2018. A total of 27 eight-car trainsets are on order.

The new trains will have stainless steel bodies and have a maximum operating speed of 120 km/h.

As for the design it wants to convey "speed" and the livery uses colours inspired by Kabuki theatre. The interior evokes the traditional washi paper and features patterns of the Edo Kiriko glass craft.

The train features a wheelchair space, larger open spaces around the doors and more hand handles. Seats will also be wider than those of the current trains.

One eight-car set is scheduled to be delivered during fiscal 2017, entering service in spring 2018. This will be followed by seven sets in fiscal 2018, the rest will be delivered in subsequent years until 2021 where all current 5300 series will be replaced.

Source:
http://www.kotsu.metro.tokyo.jp/news...2065973_h.html
http://www.kotsu.metro.tokyo.jp/info...f/plan2016.pdf
http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2016/12/06/433/
Old December 18th, 2016, 12:44 PM   #908
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

13000 series special operation "Christmas Present"

Tokyo Metro continues testing the 13000 series on the Hibiya Line. The revenue service is expected by timetable revision in march 2017. But next 23, 24 and 25 of December, new EMU will make an special service as a "Christmas Present".

Photos: http://tararan.blog.jp/archives/2017266.html

Train interior will be wrapped by special posters with Doraemon announcing the new train sets:

Also the special schedule:

Source: http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2016/12/09/299/

Test drive:

dimlys1994, pudgym29, fieldsofdreams liked this post
Sr.Horn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2016, 05:07 PM   #909
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

Yokohama Municipal Subway 3000V series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr.Horn View Post
http://tetsudo-shimbun.com/headline/entry-872.html

The Yokohama City Transportation Bureau announced recently the acquisition of new train sets for the Blue Line. New series will be the 3000V.

First six-car unit will enter in service in spring 2017.

First trainset left Nippon Sharyo plant in Toyokawa (Aichi) this sunday:

dimlys1994, Munwon liked this post
Old December 25th, 2016, 01:33 PM   #910
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

13000 series special operation "Christmas Present"

New 13000 Series special service on 23, 24 and 25 of December.

Lovely details on the baggage space.

Source: http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2016/12/23/192/

Video:

dimlys1994, LtBk, pudgym29, fieldsofdreams liked this post
Old December 30th, 2016, 06:24 AM   #911
Short

Likes (Received): 171

Here is an interesting new promotional video for the Toei Oedo line in the form of a music video from a rapper from Hokkaido, SALU. Called Tokyo Roller Coaster, the music may not be to everyone's taste but it does have some interesting footage of the line.

dimlys1994, starrwulfe, Sr.Horn, zntfdr liked this post
Short no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2017, 09:07 PM   #912
sacto7654

Likes (Received): 283

I've been reading that JR East wants to transfer the E231-500 EMU's now running on the Yamanote Line to the Chūō-Sōbu Line service. I'm not sure if this is a good idea, given that the E231-500's operates 29 starts and stops per hour, and that puts a HUGE amount of physical stress on the entire trainset. As such, the trainsets may be too physically worn out to transfer to Chūō-Sōbu Line service between 2017 and 2020.
sacto7654 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 02:16 AM   #913
luacstjh98

Likes (Received): 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by sacto7654 View Post
I've been reading that JR East wants to transfer the E231-500 EMU's now running on the Yamanote Line to the Chūō-Sōbu Line service. I'm not sure if this is a good idea, given that the E231-500's operates 29 starts and stops per hour, and that puts a HUGE amount of physical stress on the entire trainset. As such, the trainsets may be too physically worn out to transfer to Chūō-Sōbu Line service between 2017 and 2020.
I'm not sure about that - trainsets in New York and Paris may make more stops per hour than the Yamanote, and they run even older trainsets.

But I suppose then again it depends on whether the Yamanote -500s are built to last. I'm personally in favour of giving the Chuo-Sobu E235s though, and using the spare E231s to replace older trainsets on the suburban lines...

I have a bad habit of retroactively editing my posts without prior warning.
luacstjh98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 03:22 AM   #914
orulz

Likes (Received): 47

Tokyo rail operators are accustomed to, and in fact dependent on, equipment with MDBF an order of magnitude (like 10x) longer than the NYC subway. Part of this has to do with maintenance practices but this is also why equipment is moved on from the most demanding assignments after perhaps 15 or 20 years as opposed to 40 or 50 years like in the NYC subway.

fieldsofdreams liked this post
orulz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 03:31 AM   #915
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

Likes (Received): 469

Also you do know that E231 trailer cars can be made into E235s fairly easy because the chassis is pretty interchangeable. The prototype E235F has 2 ex-E231 rebuilt cars in its consist.

If a set gets transferred to another division, it usually gets a mild retrofit to ensure it lasts longer.
starrwulfe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 08:36 AM   #916
luacstjh98

Likes (Received): 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrwulfe View Post
Also you do know that E231 trailer cars can be made into E235s fairly easy because the chassis is pretty interchangeable. The prototype E235F has 2 ex-E231 rebuilt cars in its consist.

If a set gets transferred to another division, it usually gets a mild retrofit to ensure it lasts longer.
Weren't those rebuilt cars built to E233 standard, as part of replacing the old E231 6-door cars? And Wikipedia seems to say that only one E231 car was rebuilt for the E235 prototype, but you might be better informed than me on this.

Also, will the full-production E235s also take a car from an E231 set, or will all 11 cars in an E235 consist be built new?

And now that I think about it, weren't two Yamanote sets already transferred to the Chuo-Sobu Line?

I have a bad habit of retroactively editing my posts without prior warning.
luacstjh98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2017, 09:26 AM   #917
starrwulfe
ご乗車頂いてありがとうございます。

Likes (Received): 469

Maybe it's only one. There's a ton of old E231 six doors probably waiting to be retrofitted sitting in a yard outside the Niitsu plant I'll bet. AFAIK 10 cars would be new, 1 would be ex E231. This practice is standard; Tokyu is doing this with their old Den-en-toshi stock. Don't know what any major changes would've been made between E233s and E235s in their basic chassis; all that would be needed is bogie, power and train/wayside communications and control upgrades along with the interior bits and pieces.

Yes there are some ex-yamanote E231 sets with yellow stripes plying the Chuo local.
starrwulfe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2017, 05:16 PM   #918
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26186

From Metro Report

http://www.metro-report.com/news/new...o-service.html

Tokyo Metro puts ‘translation megaphones’ into service
09 Jan 2017

JAPAN: Tokyo Metro staff at Meiji Jingumae station have started using megaphones that play messages in English, Chinese and Korean. The station on the Chiyoda and Fukutoshin lines is close to several tourist attractions.

The Megaphone Translator, developed by Panasonic, plays back pre-recorded phrases automatically following a phrase in Japanese being spoken into it. Tokyo Metro is using the technology to assist foreign passengers in a city where other languages are not as widely spoken as elsewhere.

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages

fieldsofdreams, pudgym29 liked this post
dimlys1994 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2017, 06:23 AM   #919
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11258

I hope that also includes important reminders like "Please stand back from the yellow line" (or platform screen doors) or "Doors closing! Please stand clear!"

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2017, 06:40 AM   #920
towerpower123
Let's Revive our Cities

Likes (Received): 4190

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiBlue View Post
Ok here is the layout of the subterranean floors.

I am not sure about the under ground lifelines that is buried around there but the Denentoshi/Hanzomon Shibuya station is underneath the main road heading up Miyamasuzaka so I believe there is enough room to expand for two possibly three platforms. This way it can relieve some congestion we see today. The people transferring from the Toyoko/Fukutoshin line to Ginza line will surely benefit and the people transferring from the Inogashira line to Ginza line/Fukutoshin line will also see the benefit as well as the ones commuting on the Dentoshi line.
Now that is a work of art!!!

186 Newark, NJ Development projects MAPPED
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1874870
http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....l?view=sidebar

See my DeviantArt account at http://towerpower123.deviantart.com/
towerpower123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
chiba monorail, jr east, keio, keisei, metro, odakyu, seibu, tama monorail, tobu, toei subway, tokyo, tokyo metro, tokyu, yamanote