daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 20th, 2016, 10:19 AM   #101
quashlo

Likes (Received): 3215

Not sure, to be honest... Funny thing is, the JR airport rapid services theoretically have a worse seating layout than the Nankai trains because they are 2+1 in transverse orientation. So they should be far less suited to crowding than Nankai’s layout, which is the traditional “all-longitudinal” for commuter sets.

But for most trips between Ōsaka proper and KIX, Nankai is faster and cheaper than JR, so I wonder if Nankai is just shouldering a larger share of the passenger growth at KIX than JR is. Much of KIX’s growth has been tied to LCCs, and the same people who want to save on airfare are probably going to want to save on the train fare as well, and they probably won’t think that the extra fare for the Rapi:t is worth the ~10 minutes or so that you save between KIX and Namba.

pudgym29 liked this post
quashlo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2016, 11:42 AM   #102
k.k.jetcar

Likes (Received): 452

Nankai has a discounted ticket tie-up with Peach Aviation (whose hub is Kansai AP), where you can buy a voucher in the plane- that may be driving a portion of passengers to Nankai rather than JR. It may or may not be indicative that the shuttle bus services between the somewhat remote LCC terminal and the main terminal and railway station are contracted out to Nankai Bus.

quashlo liked this post
k.k.jetcar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2016, 02:06 PM   #103
quashlo

OK, that makes all the more sense then. I took Peach from KIX on my last trip, but I had a JR Pass, so I ended up just taking JR... Didn't know they had paired with Nankai.
Old September 20th, 2016, 02:10 PM   #104
quashlo

Groundbreaking for new Sagano Line station near Umekōji
http://www.asahi.com/articles/ASJ9J72ZXJ9JPLZB023.html
https://www.westjr.co.jp/life/region...n/20160812.pdf

A groundbreaking ceremony was held on September 19 for a new station on the JR Sagano Line (San’in Line) between Kyōto and Tanbaguchi. The station will be located adjacent to Umekōji Park (梅小路公園) in Shimogyō Ward, Kyōto City, and will open in spring 2019, improving access to nearby tourist destinations and retail districts. Construction work is scheduled to begin at the end of this month.

The station will be constructed near the Kyōto Railway Museum (京都鉄道博物館), which opened on April 29 of this year, and will be located where the San’in Main Line crosses above Shichijō-dōri (七条通). The elevated station will consist of two side platforms measuring 165 m each and varying in width between 3 and 6.7 m, capable of serving 8-car trains. The station building will measure approx. 1,000 sq m. Total construction cost is estimated at ¥4.9 billion, of which Kyōto City will be responsible for ¥1.5 billion. Estimated average daily ridership will be about 7,000.

The exterior of the station will feature soft colors reminiscent of fabrics dyed using the traditional Kyō-yūzen (京友禅) method and feature Kyōto-based themes including lattices and plums.

dimlys1994, loefet liked this post
Old September 21st, 2016, 12:47 AM   #105
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1506

Makes me wonder if they'll ever do anything about that single-track section into Kyoto station.
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2016, 04:01 AM   #106
quashlo

Ōsaka Prefecture kicks in money for platform doors at four stations
http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/local/osaka...YTNT50269.html

On 2016.09.20, Ōsaka Prefecture announced its revised general fund budget, which includes about ¥398 million in funding for platform doors at four stations: JR Takatsuki Station and Senri Chūō, Ryōkuchi Kōen, and Momoyamadai Stations on the Kita-Ōsaka Kyūkō Railway.

Basically, this means all existing stations on the Kita-Ōsaka Kyūkō Line will have platform doors, with the exception of Esaka Station, which is the connection with the Midōsuji Line and under the administration of the Ōsaka Municipal Subway.

Minō City produced this video about the two-station extension of the line, with new stations at Minō Senba and Shin-Minō (Kayano Chūō). The new stations will also have platform doors.

dimlys1994 liked this post
Old September 26th, 2016, 03:38 PM   #107
luacstjh98

Likes (Received): 285

Welp, this happened:

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2016/09/2...other-station/

EDIT: Which is why I think that Japanese PSD designs should also deter jumpers and such if possible.

I have a bad habit of retroactively editing my posts without prior warning.

Last edited by luacstjh98; September 26th, 2016 at 07:11 PM.
luacstjh98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2016, 09:32 AM   #108
quashlo

JR West announces details of new stations on Ōsaka Higashi Line extension
http://www.westjr.co.jp/press/articl...page_9289.html

The 9.2 km southern segment of the Ōsaka Higashi Line between Hanaten (放出) and Kyūhōji (久宝寺) broke ground in June 1999, opening for service in March 2008, and for the past few years JR West has been working on completion of the 11.1 km northern segment from Hanaten to Shin-Ōsaka, targeting an opening in spring 2019. The northern segment will include four all-new stations, plus an additional set of platforms at the existing Shigino (鴫野) Station on the Gakken Toshi Line (Katamachi Line).

The four all-new stations will be side-platform configuration and be capable of accommodating 8-car trains. Each platform will have one elevator and two escalators (one up and one down).

Nishi-Suita (西吹田)

Awaji (淡路)

Miyakojima (都島)

Noe (野江)

dimlys1994, ko7, Munwon liked this post
Old September 27th, 2016, 09:33 AM   #109
quashlo

Recent views of the construction along the Shigino–Hanaten section, which follows the Katamachi Line route. Video starts from Kyōbashi heading towards Hanaten, then doubles back. When complete, Shigino will have four tracks, but in an unusual configuration with a single island platform on the inside and two side platforms on the outside.

Svartmetall, dimlys1994 liked this post
Old September 30th, 2016, 02:29 AM   #110
sacto7654

Likes (Received): 283

Speaking of which, what's that status of the Hanshin Main Line grade separation project at various places between Hanshin Sannomiya and Hanshin Amagasaki Stations?
sacto7654 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2016, 02:48 PM   #111
zidar fr

Likes (Received): 625

I have updated my Osaka map with a neat orthogonal layout

http://www.inat.fr/metro/osaka/

dimlys1994, quashlo liked this post
zidar fr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2016, 05:14 PM   #112
00Zy99

Likes (Received): 1506

Perhaps a bit more coverage, and adding the tourist destinations would help-that's the big thing for English-language maps in Japan.
00Zy99 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2016, 08:55 PM   #113
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

Few days ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu View Post
The Kobe bureau of transportation has revealed three potential designs for future subway cars, and the winning design will be chosen by the public through online voting (ends on october 23rd.) The winner of the contest will be announced three days later. If you understand a bit of Japanese, even some of you on SSC could help pick the next design for Kobe's subways. Here's the link:
http://ktbsp.jp/100th/
Now, the results:

And the winner is....

「Plan-B」

「Plan-A」 2,802 votes
「Plan-B」 3,102 votes
「Plan-C」 2,097 votes

8,001 votes in total: 2,457 present votes and 5,544 online votes.

Source: http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2016/10/26/433/

dimlys1994, quashlo, pudgym29 liked this post
Sr.Horn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2016, 12:15 PM   #114
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

Semboku 12000 series

Quote:
Originally Posted by quashlo View Post

On 2011.09.01, the Nankai 12000 series Southern Premium limited express entered revenue service. Manufactured by Tōkyū Corporation, this is Nankai Electric Railway’s newest limited express train, replacing aging 10000 series trains. Two 4-car trains (8 cars total) have been produced.

[IMG][/IMG]

Based on the Nankai 12000 series design introduced in 2011, the Semboku 12000 series will be operated by third-sector operator Semboku Rapid Railway.

The 12000 series will be used on Semboku Liner limited express services operating between Namba and Izumi-Chūō (28 km distance), via the Nankai Main Line, Nankai Koya Line, Semboku Rapid Railway. Since December 2015, the 11000 series are used on that service (formerly used on the Rinkan Limited Express).

The Semboku 12000 series is painted in a gold livery and have different coloured seat covers in each of the four cars. Each four-car train has a capacity of 242 seats. Passenger accommodation will consist of 2+2-abreast unidirectional seating, and each car will have different colour seats, with red, green, purple, and yellow seat covers. LED lighting will be used, and passenger information displays will provide information in four languages (Japanese, English, Chinese and Korean).

Semboku 12000 series will enter in service by February 2017.

Source: http://www.semboku.jp/wp-content/upl...2830cbbc05.pdf
Photos: http://tetsudo-shimbun.com/headline/entry-890.html

Delivery of the train from Tokyu Plant in Zushi (Kanagawa):

dimlys1994, quashlo liked this post
Old December 18th, 2016, 11:44 AM   #115
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

Osaka Loop Line 323 Series premiere in Christmas Eve

JR West held a public visit to the new 323 series for the Osaka Loop Line.

One of the first units delivered (LS01, LS02 and LS03), will make an special run on December 24th.

Source: http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2016/12/05/206/

Old December 21st, 2016, 06:04 AM   #116
sacto7654

It's going to be so strange to see the 323 Series EMU on the Osaka Loop Line instead of the rapidly aging 103 and 201 Series EMU's that now run this route.

lucas_94 liked this post
Old December 25th, 2016, 02:26 PM   #117
Sr.Horn
té con pastas member

Osaka Loop Line 323 Series

Quote:
With rail buffs waiting excitedly to crowd in, West Japan Railway Co. (JR West) introduced the first train dedicated to serving this city’s loop line on Dec. 24.

The launch of the new train is meant to standardize all trains serving the Osaka Loop Line to a three-door type. The loop line has been serviced by differing types of trains whose number of doors varied, inconveniencing commuters.

After a ceremony was held to mark the launch of the 323-series at the company’s rail yard earlier on Dec. 24, the train arrived in JR Kyobashi Station past 4 p.m., where a huge crowd of railway fans with cameras were waiting.

The 103-series and 201-series that were developed when JR West was part of Japanese National Railways before it was privatized in 1987 had four doors per car.

After privatization, JR West introduced another type of train that had three doors per car.

The new train, which comes with three doors a car, will replace those with four doors. That is expected to make it easier to install train gates that are designed to prevent commuters from falling on the tracks.

JR West said seats on the 323-series are more comfortable, and it has become the first commuter train installed with surveillance cameras and air purifiers on some cars on a trial basis.

The train, which bears lines of orange, the symbol color of the loop line, on the silver body, will display an illuminated Christmas tree with light-emitting diode bulbs on the front of the first car by the end of Dec. 25.

It will be joined by two more new trains by the year-end. A total of 21 323-series will run on the loop line by the end of March 2019.
Asahi

Source: http://tetsudo-shimbun.com/article/topic/entry-939.html

Full Osaka Loop Line cab view from 103 Series:

dimlys1994, lucas_94 liked this post
Old December 25th, 2016, 04:07 PM   #118
luacstjh98

Likes (Received): 285

They created a shoe design for the launch of the 323s?

Oh, Japan...

I have a bad habit of retroactively editing my posts without prior warning.
luacstjh98 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2016, 11:21 PM   #119
sacto7654

YouTube member ayokoi--who did that zenmen tenbō video of the Osaka Loop Line from the old 103 Series EMU shown earlier, also did a similar video, now from the new 323 Series EMU from Tennoji to Tennoji traveling clockwise:

dimlys1994, lucas_94 liked this post
Old January 4th, 2017, 03:37 AM   #120
pudgym29
Monster Raving Loony

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr.Horn View Post
Few days ago...
Now, the results:
And the winner is....
「Plan-B」
「Plan-A」 2,802 votes
「Plan-B」 3,102 votes
「Plan-C」 2,097 votes
8,001 votes in total: 2,457 present votes and 5,544 online votes.
Source: http://news.mynavi.jp/news/2016/10/26/433/
The trains appear similar in construct to Tokyo Metro's 16000 series consists for the Chiyoda Line.
Does anybody else concur?
Perhaps denizens of eastern Japan stuffed the ballot box for this choice?
pudgym29 no está en línea   Reply With Quote