daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Highrises > Proposed Highrises

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 14th, 2014, 06:09 AM   #1
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53450

JERSEY CITY | Hudson Exchange West | 100m+ x 10 | 38 fl x ? | Prep

A very large megadevelopment is slated for the Jersey City waterfront:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Revealed: Hudson Exchange West

Quote:
The first renderings are up for a new project in Jersey City dubbed ‘Hudson Exchange West’. Images from the site’s architect, Perkins Eastman, were available online earlier in the week – but have since been removed. A Google cache of the original, publicly viewable source can be found here. Plans for the building are apparently the first aspect of a six-block development that will completely transform the surrounding neighborhood, though at this point, the developer is unknown.

Hudson Exchange West is located directly to the west of The Monaco; the third tower of that development, dubbed The San Remo, is also about to begin rising. While piecemeal action is beginning to make a real difference in the neighborhood’s urban transition, the conversion of a significant swath of parking lots will greatly accelerate the process.
Details are still sketchy (626,000 sq. ft. in 12 towers???). The renders were taken down per request of the architects and so may have little bearing on the final shape of this development. Stay tuned...

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2014, 10:43 AM   #2
citybooster

Likes (Received): 509

My understanding of the project was that Hudson Exchange West is to be the first of the Hudson Exchange development to be built... it has to be 626,000 square ft, probably wider than some of the towers going up in New York City so height isn't as great. But it's clearly as you see the scope of the development from the images that still are available to look at like this that's it's several hundred thousand square feet per building at least and not 626,000 as a total for 12 buildings.

citybooster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2014, 12:31 AM   #3
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28201

Decent designs, but it would be cool to have more variation in height. Only a few towers eem to offer views over the water.

Eric Offereins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2015, 12:08 AM   #4
towerpower123
Let's Revive our Cities

Likes (Received): 4181

The first tower is underway!

This entire site of big-box stores and parking will be replaced with towers on the scale of those all around it.

186 Newark, NJ Development projects MAPPED
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1874870
http://urbanismvsmodernism.blogspot....l?view=sidebar

See my DeviantArt account at http://towerpower123.deviantart.com/
towerpower123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2016, 08:06 PM   #5
chepm

Likes (Received): 34

There seems to be no (or very little) progress since December-January. Anyone knows what's going on?

As an aside: I find it extremely confusing and, frankly, frustrating: it looks like we now have 2 threads for each Jersey City construction. Only some of them get updated -somewhat arbitrarily, I can never guess which one of the two. Also, the ones that are updated are not necessarily the ones tagged with "Jersey City". (I am not sure how the tagging works and who can tag the threads - but could we please have them all tagged? PLEASE!)

chepm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2016, 06:56 PM   #6
chepm

Likes (Received): 34

We've got a crane! (Just a few days after I reported no progress... D'oh!)

chepm no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
hudson exchange west, jersey city