daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 24th, 2013, 05:15 PM   #2601
XWB
Too low - terrain

Likes (Received): 441

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiotrG View Post
LN30 ZA234 VT-ANE is back inside EMC, looks like final touches and engines replacement (maybe new GEnx-1B PIP arrived?)
Well that's an interesting development, here is LN30 in May with engines attached:

image hosted on flickr

Air India (Original) VT-ANE Boeing 787 by moonm, on Flickr
XWB no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 24th, 2013, 08:07 PM   #2602
PiotrG
庶民サンプル

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWB View Post
I believe LN104 has yet to be painted, it will be tight for a delivery within 1 month.
Yep, but after paint (this could happen in 2 weeks from now) they only need C flight(s).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo1435 View Post
AirRwanda has always been mentioned as one of the airlines that take a couple of the rejected early 787s. This means that when they firm up the 2 787 options they acquired together with the 737 order it most likely won't result in a new production slots.

For a new production slot this or next year they would have already have done a big down payment to Boeing several years ago. I just don't see how RwandAir would have done that without firming up the order straight away.

The down payments for the rejected early 787s should be much lower and could be done later after they were rejected by the original costumers. I wouldn't be surprised if RwandAir will only firm up the order when they take delivery, that happens more often in this kind of situations. Most recently with the 777-200LR for Iraqi, that was a rejected plane by Air Austral who couldn't pay for it.
Rumor says RwandAir will take LN17&LN19, frames NTU by RAM. They want GEnX engines, so with these frames pylons won't have to be changed.

kgl liked this post
PiotrG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #2603
kgl

Likes (Received): 143

Thanks again guys for your infos
kgl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2013, 04:31 AM   #2604
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 998

Any ideas when LN123 might have it's first flight?
Wezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2013, 09:06 AM   #2605
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 63121

It's a 1st delivery that will happen late next month, therefor it should have it's 1st flight any day in the next two weeks probably this week.

Wezza, Highcliff, Zaz965 liked this post
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2013, 10:01 AM   #2606
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 998

Cheers Momo.

Meanwhile Boeing has officially rolled out the 787-9:

Source: http://www.airlinesanddestinations.c...e-first-787-9/

Beautiful!

Equario, Godius, kgl, patel2897, Qtya and 4 others liked this post
Wezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2013, 03:25 AM   #2607
jarkti
World's Happiest Person

Likes (Received): 752

Is there a similar picture of the 788?
I want to see how much of a difference there is

That wing looks incredible though!
Old August 26th, 2013, 03:18 PM   #2608
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18220

Source : http://pic.feeyo.com/posts/592/5923551.html

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

Equario, Highcliff liked this post
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #2609
XWB
Too low - terrain

Boeing confirms the Xiamen Airlines order for six 787 aircraft.

image hosted on flickr

Xiamen Airlines Finalizes Order for Six 787 Dreamliners by The Boeing Company, on Flickr

Highcliff liked this post
Old August 26th, 2013, 07:02 PM   #2610
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11258

Xiamen Airlines buying the 787? Hmmm the long-haul market in China seems to become more mature with this development... I recall the airline originally operating B737s and B757s to destinations within China and Southeast Asia, and this will be the airline's first time venturing into flights to the US and the EU. I then wonder what seating configuration will the airline do for its first--and maybe their only or primary--long-haul aircraft... I would like to see this story progress, and I'd love to see it in San Francisco to complement CZ's A380 service between CAN and LAX.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill

Highcliff liked this post
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2013, 07:09 PM   #2611
GTR66
GTR66

Likes (Received): 312

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Xiamen Airlines buying the 787? Hmmm the long-haul market in China seems to become more mature with this development... I recall the airline originally operating B737s and B757s to destinations within China and Southeast Asia, and this will be the airline's first time venturing into flights to the US and the EU. I then wonder what seating configuration will the airline do for its first--and maybe their only or primary--long-haul aircraft... I would like to see this story progress, and I'd love to see it in San Francisco to complement CZ's A380 service between CAN and LAX.
The rumors I have herd have been Xiamen airlines might fly them between skyteam hubs on different continents. LAX, FCO, AMS for example. Who knows where they will fly.
GTR66 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2013, 07:34 PM   #2612
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR66 View Post

The rumors I have herd have been Xiamen airlines might fly them between skyteam hubs on different continents. LAX, FCO, AMS for example. Who knows where they will fly.
I sense a logical destination for Xiamen Airlines would be LAX, as it is a hub for Delta and it has a large immigrant population from Mainland China. Bit I think it should serve at least three cities in the US.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill

Last edited by fieldsofdreams; August 26th, 2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old August 26th, 2013, 07:35 PM   #2613
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTR66 View Post

I don't think it will do SFO then (despite a large immigrant population from Mainland China reside here) since it doesn't have a Skyteam hub... only Star Alliance with United and United Express. I only wish American can open at least a focus city here, as well as Delta, since the airport is being renovated and expanded.

Back to topic though: I wonder how different the cabin product will be for Xiamen Airlines' B787 versus its existing products on the B737.

Old August 27th, 2013, 05:23 PM   #2614
PiotrG
庶民サンプル

LN90 ZA242 VT-ANN finally delivered...
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A...800Z/KPAE/VIDP
Old August 27th, 2013, 05:34 PM   #2615
XWB
Too low - terrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiotrG View Post
LN90 ZA242 VT-ANN finally delivered...
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A...800Z/KPAE/VIDP
Canceled already.
Old August 27th, 2013, 05:50 PM   #2616
PiotrG
庶民サンプル

Scheduled again. Probably some mistake with flight plan and they rewrite it.
Old August 27th, 2013, 08:03 PM   #2617
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

That's the 8th delivery this month.

With 1 for Hainan and 1 for JAL ready to go it's still possible to deliver 10 this month.

There are just 15 787s on the flightline in Everett, down from about 30 at the time the grounding ended last April.

Next month will bring this total down even further with the 1st deliveries to Jetstar and Royal Brunei. Plus new deliveries to ANA, BA, Aeromexico & LAN.

Charleston now has 10 787s on the flightline (including the ones being painted in Forth Worth right now.) Hopefully the Chinese deliveries will pick up steam so Boeing can reduced the number of this flightline as well. It should be able to deliver to Qatar and LAN, plus maybe to United and JAL at the end of the month.

Right now the next 787 is on it's way to be painted.

LN104 ZA386 B-2737 China Southern Airlines
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/BOE386

September could become another exiting month when it comes to deliveries, that's on top of the 1st flight of the 787-9 of course.

Highcliff, Zaz965 liked this post
Old August 27th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #2618
patel2897
INDIA

Likes (Received): 3613

Quote:
Originally Posted by XWB View Post
Canceled already.
Its Not Canceled But Delayed By 2 Hours
Peace Begins With Smile - Mother Teresa. He Who Has The Knowledge has the Responsibility To Impart It To The Students.-Rabindranath Tagore. Live As If You Were To Die Tomorrow. Learn As If You Were To Live Forever. - Mahatma Gandhi. My YouTube Channel Subscribe : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHt...sCBbDKXmkN4YFw

Zaz965 liked this post
patel2897 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2013, 08:27 PM   #2619
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Air India has actually secured a financing deal with Deutsche Bank for 2 new deliveries, this one is the first. It was just delayed because the airline needed the approval of the Reserve Bank of India for this deal.
http://www.livemint.com/Companies/X0...n-funding.html

This could mean that the next one should also be delivered soon. And that should be the LN91 VT-ANO that will be delivered from Charleston.

If only they will get more long term sale and leaseback deals for the 787s they already have. That should give them some cashflow to pay for more deliveries. If that money is not used for something else, like reducing debts of course.

Zaz965 liked this post
Old August 28th, 2013, 12:15 PM   #2620
ramakrishna1984

Likes (Received): 788

The first Boeing 787-9 is out in the sun! Boeing 787-9 which is 20ft longer than 787-8 has been rolled out at Boeing's manufacturing facility at Everett.(source) The aircraft will fly an additional 300 nautical miles and accommodate 40 additional passengers.

Tags
airplane, boeing