daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 8th, 2011, 12:26 AM   #321
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 998

The raked wingtips are more efficient than the winglets. You will noticed that the 77W, 77L & 748 all have raked wingtips.
Wezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2011, 08:34 AM   #322
mgk920
Nonhyphenated-American

Likes (Received): 68

First public display/'open house' tour set

A Boeing 787 Dreamliner will be open for its first ever public display and tours on Friday, 2011-07-29 at the EAA Airventure show in Oshkosh, WI USA.

See:
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...124277059.html

Enjoy!

Mike
mgk920 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 10:11 PM   #323
[email protected]

Likes (Received): 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooskito View Post
787 Dreamliner will come to Warsaw
Source: LOT
07/06/2011

The world’s most innovative aircraft, the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, which will be delivered next year to the LOT Polish Airlines, will visit Warsaw on 24th of June.

The aircraft will fly to Poland. After its landing in Warsaw, 787 Dreamliner will be towed from the runway to the hangars into the area of LOT AMS. The date of this event is related to the fact that the aircraft will fly directly from the Le Bourget air show, during which the Dreamliner will be presented in accordance with the timetable prepared by The Boeing Company.

The presentation of Dreamliner in Warsaw is an unforgettable event both for our company and for the entire Polish aviation industry. The airport in Warsaw is the first passengers’ airport in Europe, where it will be possible to see this airplane “from our dreams” after its presentation at Le Bourget. An even more beautiful sight for us will be to see the 787 Dreamliner in the colors of LOT next year – says Marcin Piróg, the CEO of LOT. We are proud that we can show this modern aircraft to our guests, media and staff. We are looking forward for the next year when our Passenger will be able to experience the uniqueness and the new quality of service of the 787 Dreamliner – adds Marcin Piróg.

The Dreamliner is the most innovative long-haul passenger plane, and the only one until now whose structure is produced primarily from composite materials. The newest product of The Boeing Company consumes less fuel than other airplanes, which results in the reduction of the environmental pollution. The aircraft also has the noise reduction system in the passenger cabin, and offers improved passenger comfort with bigger windows and bins, lower cabin altitude, increased humidity and cleaner air. What is important is the fact that the journey in the Dreamliner on a particular long-haul route will take less time than if this journey was made onboard another type of airplane in the Dreamliner’s segment, thanks to the airplane’s fast cruise speed.

LOT will be the first carrier in Europe to receive the Dreamliner. LOT expects the delivery of the first Dreamliner in the second quarter of 2012. The next four planes are to be delivered to LOT until the end of the next year.

In total, the fleet of the Polish carrier will grow by eight 787 Dreamliners.

Source: http://www.airtransportnews.aero/art...ateg=&id=30388
Arrival tomorrow at 1000
LOT ordered 7 787 + 6 Options if I'm not mistaken.
J@nek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 24th, 2011, 02:33 PM   #324
mooskito

Likes (Received): 36

And here we are...

Fot. PAP/Grzegorz Jakubowski

Fot. PAP/Grzegorz Jakubowski

More (movies+photos) -> http://www.tvn24.pl/-1,1708059,0,1,d...wiadomosc.html

And by the way...

New LOT livery on 787

More -> https://www.lot.com/web/lot/b787

Highcliff liked this post
mooskito no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 01:15 PM   #325
Space Invader
Registered Alien

Likes (Received): 193

Inside the ANA's 787

Space Invader no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 05:47 PM   #326
GammaHamster

Likes (Received): 539

There are rumours that Aeroflot is considering changing some of the ordered 787-8's to 787-10's
GammaHamster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 11:56 PM   #327
poshbakerloo
***Alexxx***

Likes (Received): 292

I really like the look of the 787s! I know some people didn't like the updated more modern shape, but I think it really looks great! Although it is still very similar to the 1950s 707!

I <3 London
poshbakerloo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 03:30 AM   #328
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 998

I really don't like ANA's interior choice. Business class looks far too busy/cluttered & economy just looks boring.
Wezza no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 11:44 AM   #329
dreamery
Girl of exhilaration

Likes (Received): 13

The Dreamliner landing in Berlin (TXL) yesterday morning. The Boeing test aircraft ZA001 was welcomed at Berlin-Tegel airport by airberlin (the first airline in Germany to receive the B787) , representatives of the manufacturer Boeing and of Berlin Airports with an official ceremony.

Source: Berlin Airports

Some more images are visible at: Berlinspotter.de website, you just have to scroll down a bit. Thanks!

dreamery no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 01:25 PM   #330
Berlin.

Likes (Received): 5

787 in airberlin livery will look gorgeous. thx
Berlin. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 04:24 PM   #331
dreamery
Girl of exhilaration

Here is another image-gallery of the B787 visit in Berlin.
Old June 26th, 2011, 04:58 PM   #332
Deadeye Reloaded
Cold Ass Honkey

Likes (Received): 8965

How many planes did they order?
What Is Love?
Deadeye Reloaded no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 07:22 PM   #333
Леонид
Espartano

Likes (Received): 878

Paris Air Show: Dreamliner arrives at Le Bourget

he first Boeing 787 Dreamliner - ZA001 - has joined the line up of Boeing airplanes on display at the Paris Air Show. The all-new jetliner will be on display for the next two days.

“We are making great progress toward finishing certification of the 787 with Rolls-Royce Package A engines,” said Scott Fancher, vice president and general manager of the 787 program.

“It is an honour to bring the 787 to the Paris Air Show on behalf of all of the hard working men and women around the world who have designed and built this amazing airplane.”

Leaders of the international partners contributing to the 787 program will meet on board the airplane, and members from Boeing Team France, the supplier team located in France, will have dedicated time on the airplane.

The 787-8, the first member of the 787 family of jetliners, is a twin-aisle airplane that accommodates 210-250 passengers on routes between 7,650 and 8,200 miles (14,200 and 15,200 km) – making it the only mid-size airplane capable of long-range routes.

As a result of innovative technologies, the airplane offers unparalleled operating economics, fuel efficiency and passenger comfort.

More than 800 787s are on order by more than 50 airlines, a testament to the airplane’s unique capabilities.

Launch customer ANA is expected to take delivery of the first 787 in August or September – following nearly three years of delays.

http://www.breakingtravelnews.com/ne...ign=newsletter

Airports visited:
SAP - TGU - RTB - LCE - SAL - SJO - MIA - IAH - MFE - ATL - EWR - ALC - MAD - BCN - SVQ - FCO - BVA - VLC - BRQ - BTS - DOH - DXB - MXP - JFK - MEX - LHR - IAD - GUA - GDL - TPA - MCI - IND - DFW - GJT - DEN - FLL

My 10 top planes:
A340-600 / B777-300 / A330-300 / B787 / B747 / A350 / A380 / B727 / B737 / EMB190
Леонид no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 07:30 PM   #334
Леонид
Espartano

Likes (Received): 878

Paris Air Show: ANA expects Dreamliner summer delivery

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

All Nippon Airways, Japan’s largest airline and the launch customer for the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, has said it expects delivery of the revolutionary jet in August or September.

The carrier has ordered a total of 55 Dreamliners for domestic and international routes. It expected 14 of the carbon-composite planes through March and 10 the year after, Shuichi Fujimura, senior vice president of ANA for Europe and the Middle East, said at the Paris Air Show.

He said the airline would fly the plane on Japan and European routes.

ANA also unveiled its new livery for the 787 at the show. The numbers 787 are painted big in bold and blue at the front of the aircraft to signify that ANA will be the first airline in the world to fly the Dreamliner.

The blue lines at the rear of the fuselage are designed to highlight how the three core elements of the airline’s service brand - innovation, uniqueness and the inspiration of modern Japan.

Only the first two aircraft will be painted in the special livery. The remainder of the fleet will feature the standard ANA livery.

Airports visited:
SAP - TGU - RTB - LCE - SAL - SJO - MIA - IAH - MFE - ATL - EWR - ALC - MAD - BCN - SVQ - FCO - BVA - VLC - BRQ - BTS - DOH - DXB - MXP - JFK - MEX - LHR - IAD - GUA - GDL - TPA - MCI - IND - DFW - GJT - DEN - FLL

My 10 top planes:
A340-600 / B777-300 / A330-300 / B787 / B747 / A350 / A380 / B727 / B737 / EMB190

Леонид no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 08:21 PM   #335
Berlin.

Likes (Received): 5

@Deadeye Reloaded

airberlin ordered 15 787 and will lease 3 787
Berlin. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2011, 10:49 PM   #336
sidney_jec
Complex Equation

Cross posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by aksstar View Post

Boeing 787 in Air India Livery.

PS: Lord Murugan never deleted signatures. Never
sidney_jec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2011, 09:38 AM   #337
dreamery
Girl of exhilaration

The ZA001 landing in Berlin SXF with the new airport under construction in the background.

Berlin Airports, 26.06.11

Old July 1st, 2011, 07:11 AM   #338
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2773

Quote:
http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...obref=obinsite

Boeing begins last phase of 787 testing

Associated Press

5:48 p.m. CDT, June 27, 2011

Boeing says its new 787 is beginning the final phase of flight testing and repeated that it should be ready for delivery in August or September.

The final flight testing includes simulations of abnormal operations. It also tests long-range flying, including the 787's ability to divert to a far-away airport on just one engine.

Federal authorities have special rules for two-engine planes that fly more than an hour away from a suitable landing field. Generally, such flights are over water. The idea is to make sure the plane can make it to an airport if one engine shuts down.

The testing will be done on a 787 with Rolls Royce engines. Separate tests will be done later on 787s with General Electric engines.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 10:43 PM   #339
marlar

Likes (Received): 0

hi, somebody knows how many 787 were ordered by aeromexico?
marlar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 11:26 PM   #340
Space Invader
Registered Alien

Likes (Received): 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlar View Post
hi, somebody knows how many 787 were ordered by aeromexico?
2 787-8 according to Wikipedia.
Space Invader no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
airplane, boeing