daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old December 23rd, 2014, 02:01 AM   #4561
PiotrG
庶民サンプル
 
PiotrG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 第2PRL
Posts: 10,256

LN12 and LN13 sold to LOT Polish Airlines:
http://www.b787register.com/airframe...rame.php?ln=12
http://www.b787register.com/airframe...rame.php?ln=13

Will become SP-LRG and SP-LRH.
Quote:
N507BJ Korean Air Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner - C/N 41987 / LN 11 - At EMC and from what I was told, should be delivered and gone by year end.
It's hard to believe. They need to perform at least B1 and C1 flights during christmas period. It should be moved immediately to the flightline.
__________________

patel2897 liked this post

Last edited by PiotrG; December 23rd, 2014 at 04:31 AM.
PiotrG no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 23rd, 2014, 04:44 AM   #4562
Woodys Aeroimages
Registered User
 
Woodys Aeroimages's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mukilteo
Posts: 1,967
Likes (Received): 6568

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiotrG View Post
LN12 and LN13 sold to LOT Polish Airlines:
http://www.b787register.com/airframe...rame.php?ln=12
http://www.b787register.com/airframe...rame.php?ln=13

Will become SP-LRG and SP-LRH.

It's hard to believe. They need to perform at least B1 and C1 flights during christmas period. It should be moved immediately to the flightline.
I agree it's hard to believe regarding LN11. I will believe it when I see it also. A source told me they are trying, but it could slip.
Woodys Aeroimages no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 04:56 AM   #4563
Woodys Aeroimages
Registered User
 
Woodys Aeroimages's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mukilteo
Posts: 1,967
Likes (Received): 6568

XA-AMR Aeroméxico Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner - C/N 36844 / LN 264 is now out of the factory and on the flight line.

XA-AMR Aeroméxico Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner - C/N 36844 / LN 264 by Woodys Aeroimages, on Flickr

American's 3rd 787-8 is back on the flight line after work at EMC.

N802AN American Airlines Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner - C/N 40620 / LN 255 by Woodys Aeroimages, on Flickr

VP-BBR AZAL Azerbaijan Airlines 787-8 is undergoing functional testing on the flight line. Should be delivered any day now.

VP-BBR AZAL Azerbaijan Airlines Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner - C/N 37920 / LN 211 by Woodys Aeroimages, on Flickr

N26952 United Airlines Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner - C/N 36403 / LN 263 is in the paint hanger

Japan Airlines first 787-9 (N789ZB Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner - C/N 35422 / LN 139) has been placed into short term storage on runway 11/29 with the terrible teens.

Also heard from a source that Royal Air Maroc and Virgin's 2nd 787-9 should be delivered later this month also.

A6-BLA Etihad delivery will most likely not happen this year. The airline keeps pushing their customer flight back.
__________________

PiotrG, patel2897, Battuta liked this post
Woodys Aeroimages no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 05:16 AM   #4564
PiotrG
庶民サンプル
 
PiotrG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 第2PRL
Posts: 10,256

Quote:
Japan Airlines first 787-9 (N789ZB Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner - C/N 35422 / LN 139) has been placed into short term storage on runway 11/29 with the terrible teens.
They shifting frames around the EMC a lot.
LN11 and Etihad's 2nd 789 should be moved back to flightline and then LN139 and LN126 should be moved to the EMC for re-work.
LN12 will be moved to the EMC again. It is sure that it won't be delivered in 2015, but in early 2016. KC46A will probably delay 787 re-work by 3-4 months.
LN14 will be probably finished outside for delivery in April/May, and LN22 will be back inside the EMC building when re-work of KC46A test frames will be completed.
PiotrG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 07:33 AM   #4565
Woodys Aeroimages
Registered User
 
Woodys Aeroimages's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mukilteo
Posts: 1,967
Likes (Received): 6568

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiotrG View Post
They shifting frames around the EMC a lot.
LN11 and Etihad's 2nd 789 should be moved back to flightline and then LN139 and LN126 should be moved to the EMC for re-work.
LN12 will be moved to the EMC again. It is sure that it won't be delivered in 2015, but in early 2016. KC46A will probably delay 787 re-work by 3-4 months.
LN14 will be probably finished outside for delivery in April/May, and LN22 will be back inside the EMC building when re-work of KC46A test frames will be completed.
They have been shifting them around a lot. From what I've heard from some employee's is that they are trying to shuffle things around to hide the Korean VIP plane from us photographers and the KC46 also. There are a lot of Boeing security stalking us photog's in unmarked vehicles to see what we are doing. Had one come to me and ask what I was taking pictures of last night. Was real nice, but there are starting to make their presence known with the KC-46A test flights looming soon.
Woodys Aeroimages no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 08:40 AM   #4566
EK413
Registered User
 
EK413's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 3,891
Likes (Received): 1895

I didnt realise taking general photos of aircraft was so sensitive to point where Boeing need to hide aircraft ???
__________________
EK413
Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. We are tonight’s entertainment!
EK413 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 08:46 AM   #4567
PiotrG
庶民サンプル
 
PiotrG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 第2PRL
Posts: 10,256

KC46A is military aircraft. And - they screwed electrical installation again, so they need to re-work test frames as 787s

With terrible teens history is different - most of people even don't know about them, only enthusiasts care about them. But runway filled with 10 engineless mothballed 787s isn't something proud for Boeing. If they want to hide them, then they need to re-work them and deliver, then problem will be solved
PiotrG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 09:06 AM   #4568
Woodys Aeroimages
Registered User
 
Woodys Aeroimages's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mukilteo
Posts: 1,967
Likes (Received): 6568

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiotrG View Post
KC46A is military aircraft. And - they screwed electrical installation again, so they need to re-work test frames as 787s

With terrible teens history is different - most of people even don't know about them, only enthusiasts care about them. But runway filled with 10 engineless mothballed 787s isn't something proud for Boeing. If they want to hide them, then they need to re-work them and deliver, then problem will be solved
Quote:
Originally Posted by EK413 View Post
I didnt realise taking general photos of aircraft was so sensitive to point where Boeing need to hide aircraft ???
Taking photos of planes taxing, landing, and taking off they are cool with. It's us spotters that stalk the airport looking for the specials, the KC-46A, and other aircraft they are trying to keep quiet about. Hence why Etihad's 787-9 stayed in the paint hanger for 2 extra weeks until they had the unveiling. They also had to cover the first 747-8i in paper so that the livery wasn't leaked.
__________________

PiotrG liked this post
Woodys Aeroimages no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 11:31 AM   #4569
PiotrG
庶民サンプル
 
PiotrG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 第2PRL
Posts: 10,256

Finally!
Quote:
EVERETT, Wash., Dec. 23, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing and Azerbaijan Airlines today announced the delivery of the airline's first 787 Dreamliner. With this delivery, Azerbaijan Airlines becomes the first airline in the Commonwealth of Independent States to operate the 787.

The airplane will play a key role in the Baku-based airline's strategic plan to expand its long-haul fleet.

"We are delighted to receive this revolutionary airplane, which will help Azerbaijan Airlines increase its competitiveness both regionally and internationally," said Azerbaijan Airlines President Jahangir Askerov. "The airplane, with its unique onboard features, will provide an unrivaled passenger experience with an unmatched level of comfort."

The 787 is a family of technologically advanced, super-efficient airplanes with new passenger-pleasing features. In addition to bringing big-jet ranges to midsize airplanes, the 787 will provide Azerbaijan Airlines with unrivaled fuel efficiency and environmental performance, using 20 percent less fuel and with 20 percent fewer emissions than the airplanes it replaces.

"We are very excited that Azerbaijan Airlines has selected the 787 Dreamliner to lead its route expansion plans and help their business grow," said Marty Bentrott, vice president, Middle East, Russia and Central Asia Sales, Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "We are very proud of our partnership with Azerbaijan Airlines and congratulate them on being the first 787 operator in this region. We look forward to continuing to expand our business relationship for many years to come."
http://boeing.mediaroom.com/2014-12-...ner#assets_117
__________________

patel2897 liked this post
PiotrG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 11:58 AM   #4570
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----
 
Momo1435's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: アルフェナンデンライン
Posts: 35,256
Likes (Received): 63050

That should be a relieve for Boeing. Now they could easily get the 110 deliveries, especially if both are delivered before the end of the year.
__________________
Support your Idols
キタ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ฅ(๑⊙д⊙๑)ฅ!! ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━!!!
Japan Projects & Construction

patel2897, Zaz965 liked this post
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2014, 02:22 AM   #4571
PiotrG
庶民サンプル
 
PiotrG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 第2PRL
Posts: 10,256

LN11 delivery delayed to March/April 2015
And looks like that LN12 and LN13 won't go to LOT Polish Airlines.
PiotrG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2014, 05:37 AM   #4572
Woodys Aeroimages
Registered User
 
Woodys Aeroimages's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mukilteo
Posts: 1,967
Likes (Received): 6568

Boeing Everett Activity today.

A6-BLA Etihad 787-9 wearing it's perm Registration headed out for a Customer Flight.

A6-BLA Etihad Airways Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner - C/N 39646 / LN 229 by Woodys Aeroimages, on Flickr

A6-BLA Etihad Airways Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner - C/N 39646 / LN 229 by Woodys Aeroimages, on Flickr

G-VAHH Virgin Atlantic "Dream Girl" headed out for a B2/C1 flight today

G-VAHH Virgin Atlantic Airways Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner - C/N 37967 / LN 246 "Dream Girl" by Woodys Aeroimages, on Flickr

G-VAHH Virgin Atlantic Airways Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner - C/N 37967 / LN 246 "Dream Girl" by Woodys Aeroimages, on Flickr


CN-RGB Royal Air Maroc 787-8 headed out for a Customer Flight.

CN-RGB Royal Air Maroc Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner - C/N 43817 / LN 248 by Woodys Aeroimages, on Flickr

CN-RGB Royal Air Maroc Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner - C/N 43817 / LN 248 by Woodys Aeroimages, on Flickr
__________________
Woodys Aeroimages no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2014, 05:45 AM   #4573
Woodys Aeroimages
Registered User
 
Woodys Aeroimages's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mukilteo
Posts: 1,967
Likes (Received): 6568

G-VOOH Virgin Atlantic Airways Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner - C/N 37968 / LN 256 is out of paint and on the flight line.

G-VOOH Virgin Atlantic Airways Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner - C/N 37968 / LN 256 by Woodys Aeroimages, on Flickr
__________________

PiotrG, patel2897 liked this post
Woodys Aeroimages no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2014, 06:07 AM   #4574
ardial
Registered User
 
ardial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Jakarta
Posts: 2,620
Likes (Received): 168

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiotrG View Post
LN11 delivery delayed to March/April 2015
And looks like that LN12 and LN13 won't go to LOT Polish Airlines.
I think garuda must pick delayed ANA Line number that if count is 5.
FYI ANA and lion air cancel the Dreamliner delivery because they have a problem with batterry
so if ga leasing The Dreamliner for 8 years the Dreamliner must been ok and fit after repair.
ardial está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2014, 06:16 AM   #4575
PiotrG
庶民サンプル
 
PiotrG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 第2PRL
Posts: 10,256


ANA doesn't take up terrible teens because they get slots for new (and lighter) 788s for the same cash. The same history is with the RAM - they delayed delivery but get better frames.
Boeing have to delay delivery of these teens because they had 50 more frames to re-work. If they started re-work of terrible teens back in 2011, then till the end of 2013 they could be able to deliver only 10 frames instead of 50.

3rd Avianca 788 delivered. LN239 ZA667 N782AV from Charleston:
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A...730Z/KCHS/SKRG

Woodys Aeroimages, did Azerbaijan Airlines' VP-BBR departed on delivery flight? I can't find any tracker.
PiotrG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2014, 06:23 AM   #4576
Woodys Aeroimages
Registered User
 
Woodys Aeroimages's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Mukilteo
Posts: 1,967
Likes (Received): 6568

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiotrG View Post

ANA doesn't take up terrible teens because they get slots for new (and lighter) 788s for the same cash. The same history is with the RAM - they delayed delivery but get better frames.
Boeing have to delay delivery of these teens because they had 50 more frames to re-work. If they started re-work of terrible teens back in 2011, then till the end of 2013 they could be able to deliver only 10 frames instead of 50.

3rd Avianca 788 delivered. LN239 ZA667 N782AV from Charleston:
http://flightaware.com/live/flight/A...730Z/KCHS/SKRG

Woodys Aeroimages, did Azerbaijan Airlines' VP-BBR departed on delivery flight? I can't find any tracker.
Azerbaijan VP-BBR is still here. Not sure when it will leave.
Woodys Aeroimages no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2014, 06:29 AM   #4577
PiotrG
庶民サンプル
 
PiotrG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 第2PRL
Posts: 10,256

Maybe they delayed delivery flight for tomorrow as they took up delivery of their 2nd 788 from Charleston.
PiotrG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2014, 10:08 AM   #4578
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----
 
Momo1435's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: アルフェナンデンライン
Posts: 35,256
Likes (Received): 63050

It's not like it's the 1st time that the delivery flight of a 1st delivery only took place a couple of days after the contractual handover. Nothing strange happening here.

Maybe the pilots need some more specific 787 training before they leave, maybe the pilots have not even arrived in Everett with the financing being approved at the last minute.
__________________
Support your Idols
キタ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ฅ(๑⊙д⊙๑)ฅ!! ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━!!!
Japan Projects & Construction

Zaz965 liked this post
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2014, 11:45 AM   #4579
stephendavion
Registered User
 
stephendavion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 252
Likes (Received): 172

Colombian airline Avianca has taken the delivery of its first mid-size, wide-body 787 Dreamliner. The carrier's 787-8 is designed to accommodate 28 passengers in business class and 222 in economy class. The 787 is said to feature cabin environment improvements, including dynamic LED lighting, larger windows, bigger overhead bins, lower cabin altitude, humid environment, low interior noise, cleaner air and a smoother ride.


__________________

patel2897 liked this post
stephendavion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2014, 04:04 PM   #4580
Fly9714
Registered User
 
Fly9714's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 521
Likes (Received): 532

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephendavion View Post
Colombian airline Avianca has taken the delivery of its first mid-size, wide-body 787 Dreamliner. The carrier's 787-8 is designed to accommodate 28 passengers in business class and 222 in economy class. The 787 is said to feature cabin environment improvements, including dynamic LED lighting, larger windows, bigger overhead bins, lower cabin altitude, humid environment, low interior noise, cleaner air and a smoother ride.


That's an old new, Avianca has taken delivery of its 3rd B787. Boeing and Avianca plans to deliver the 4th one before the year end.

Last edited by Fly9714; December 24th, 2014 at 04:29 PM.
Fly9714 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
airplane, boeing

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium