daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 17th, 2009, 02:25 AM   #161
IU
->

Congrats to Boeing. Despite many problems leading to delays they finally managed to stick to their 2009 end promise.

There's some amazing aerial footage by chase planes here -> http://blog.seattlepi.com/aerospace/...sp?source=mypi
IU no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 17th, 2009, 03:42 AM   #162
skytrax
Big boss!

Likes (Received): 14304

Angolan Forum | Luanda pictures | my World Trip

~> SkyscraperCity Angola on Facebook <~

Highcliff liked this post
skytrax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2009, 02:43 PM   #163
SCWTC4
NYC fan

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndiansUnite View Post
Congrats to Boeing. Despite many problems leading to delays they finally managed to stick to their 2009 end promise.

There's some amazing aerial footage by chase planes here -> http://blog.seattlepi.com/aerospace/...sp?source=mypi
beautiful

- ... And now no longer ! -
SCWTC4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2009, 03:40 AM   #164
Shezan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 593

yep, awesome!
Shezan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2009, 06:59 AM   #165
mwg12a

Likes (Received): 663

I can't wait to see this aircraft flying regularly up in the sky all over the world. It looks fantastic as it ascend to the sky on it's first test flight.
mwg12a no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 19th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #166
dl3000

Likes (Received): 10

That has to be the sexiest civilian aircraft, especially when it will have its gear up.
Old December 20th, 2009, 05:48 AM   #167
Shezan
BANNED

..some interiors pics?
Old December 23rd, 2009, 09:24 AM   #168
bluemeansgo

Likes (Received): 124

Anyone got a flight schedule? When is it going on tour?
bluemeansgo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 02:06 PM   #169
Henk

Likes (Received): 1298

The second Boeing 787 Dreamliner has moved to the flight line to begin fuel testing. This is the second of six 787s being used in the flight-test program.

Each of the six flight-test airplanes will be used for a specific set of tests during the flight-test program. This airplane, designated ZA002, will focus on systems performance. Like its predecessor, ZA001, this airplane has successfully completed a rigorous series of tests while still in the factory.

ZA002 features the livery of the Dreamliner’s launch customer, ANA (All Nippon Airways) of Japan.

Henk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 02:12 PM   #170
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Likes (Received): 2773

Sweet
Old December 23rd, 2009, 02:23 PM   #171
marki
Moon Transit

Likes (Received): 700

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henk View Post
The second Boeing 787 Dreamliner has moved to the flight line to begin fuel testing. This is the second of six 787s being used in the flight-test program.
Very nice Images.

I think I saw this one on the Boeing tour in Everett,
but they dont allow any photos on the tour

Any images from inside the planes?
marki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 03:13 PM   #172
SarunasLT

Likes (Received): 27

Nice to see Dreamliner in other livery, not that old Boeing's shape.
SarunasLT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2009, 06:08 PM   #173
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Found a video of the ANA 787............

Old December 24th, 2009, 09:13 AM   #174
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店

Likes (Received): 4980

Would really suck to put your livery on a test aircraft in case the aircraft has an accident.
Old February 4th, 2010, 06:58 AM   #175
nomarandlee
My Mind Has Left My Body

Quote:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100204/...e/us_boeing787

Boeing tests inside of new 787

By GEORGE TIBBITS, Associated Press Writer George Tibbits, Associated Press Writer – Wed Feb 3, 7:26 pm ET

EVERETT, Wash. – Boeing Co. designers and marketers are betting that a lot of subtle changes in the interior of their new 787 jetliner will add up to strong passenger demand to fly on the plane.

Boeing Commercial Airplanes on Wednesday showed off the first 787 with a passenger cabin installed. The plane, the third 787 to be built, is among six that Boeing is using in its flight test program this year.

While the other aircraft will test flight characteristics and aircraft strength, this plane, scheduled to fly later this month, is dedicated to cabin features and safety — the "passenger experience" as Boeing describes it. Everything on board, from the ventilation system to the coffee pots, must be certified by the Federal Aviation Administration before 787s can go into passenger service.

Bigger windows that are dimmed electronically, mood lighting, more spacious lavatories and other features all were carefully chosen to please passengers, said Tom Galantowicz, the company's director of 787 interiors. Among the "very simple things," he said, are more convenient latches on the larger overhead baggage bins.

The bins, which swing up and away, also allow more headroom. Lavatories have imitation tile floors and toilet seats that close electronically — no need to touch should the previous occupant thoughtlessly leave it up.

The initial 787-8 model will carry 210 to 250 passengers on routes of up to 9,400 miles, such as New York to Hong Kong. Aircraft comfort becomes important on such long flights.

Airlines especially want to attract higher-paying business-class passengers for those flights, said Kent Craver, Boeing's regional director for passenger satisfaction and revenue.

"Business passengers tend to chase the aircraft equipment they like and they will actively seek out those aircraft types," he said.

Boeing undertook an unprecedented global study of airline passengers to see what they liked, said Blake Emery, Boeing's director of differentiation strategy.

"We were looking for the deep psychological needs that people have when they're inside an airplane," he said.

The research, Emery said, found that people making their first flight were fascinated, while experienced, economy-class passengers said they wanted "no one in the seat next to them, and they slept all the way."

The 787, with its higher ceilings and more space just inside the doors, presents "an architectural welcome" for passengers who have just endured a cramped, crowded jetway, Emery said.

The cabin's LED lights have a full range of colors, with airlines able to pick different lighting schemes during the flight, including a sky blue while boarding and "warm lighting" to make the food look better. Cabin pressure is lower than in earlier aircraft, which should make people feel better during and after a flight, designers said.

Boeing officials say many of these features could be adopted in their other models, including the 737.

The test plane is spartan, with only economy-class seats and its midsection filled with nine racks of electronics and workstations for engineers. Orange test wires run throughout the cabin and several windows have been replaced with test instruments.

Besides making sure all the passenger comforts work, the jet will test cabin safety systems, including oxygen masks, evacuation slides and methods of fighting onboard fires, said Derek Muncy, a flight test engineer.

In the air, engineers will fill its 135 seats with passengers to check air circulation and to see how the cabin responds to their body heat. They also will load the galleys with food and drink and cook 100 meals while airborne, Muncy said.

The 787 is the first passenger jet to be made mostly from composite materials. Boeing says it will use far less fuel, be quieter and produce lower emissions than comparable planes and should save airlines money on maintenance.

The first flight of the 787 was in December, after which Boeing began its nine-month test program. Late this year, Japan's All Nippon Airways is to receive the first plane to be put into service, more than two years overdue because of production problems and other glitches that have cost Chicago-based Boeing billions of dollars.

So far, Boeing has produced 12 787s at its Everett plant, with four more on the assembly line. Customers have ordered 851 of the jets.
Old February 4th, 2010, 08:02 AM   #176
abbypan
Work Hard, Fly Right!

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by siamu maharaj View Post
Would really suck to put your livery on a test aircraft in case the aircraft has an accident.
So, the company leaders will on the plane with us.
abbypan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2010, 12:22 PM   #177
soorox
メルボルン | 진짜야?

Likes (Received): 1140

Anyone knows when VN will start receiving their 787's? I believe that they are the 7th Airline to order!
Old February 4th, 2010, 01:09 PM   #178
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店

Likes (Received): 4980

I've been looking for lavatory shots of the 787. Can anyone direct me to them?
Old February 5th, 2010, 04:58 AM   #179
Shezan
BANNED

in ANA Livery looks stunning
Old February 5th, 2010, 11:48 AM   #180
Henk

Likes (Received): 1298

Quote:
Originally Posted by siamu maharaj View Post
I've been looking for lavatory shots of the 787. Can anyone direct me to them?

It's a old picture but the only one I know.

USATechguide
Henk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
airplane, boeing