daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 11th, 2014, 09:43 AM   #81
XA-DUG

Likes (Received): 9527

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
I noticed in the renderings that they had a section marked for specifically for "transborder" flights. Are officials planning to open US immigration and customs preclearance facilities at the airport similar to Canadian airports in the near future?
Well, they need to leave the doors open for that case... Anyway, transborder flights must have a different treatment as they have to follow very strict guidelines issued by the TSA, and the facilities should facilitate it.
XA-DUG no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2014, 10:55 PM   #82
roballan
Me want food

Likes (Received): 6185

Another not-winer proposal. This one by PASCALL+WATSON & SORDO MADALENO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bon Vivant View Post

PASCALL+WATSON + SORDO MADALENO

Mexico City International Airport, New Terminal
Mexico City is a key point in the network of global economics and one of the most important economic centres in the Americas. The New Mexico City International Airport (Nuevo Aeropuerto Internacional de la Ciudad de México or NAICM) development is a statement of Mexico’s confidence in a bright future, a voicing of its faith in both its own progress and its place as a leading economic power in the 21st century. The proposed new Mexico City Airport at Texcoco was considered a symbol of a contemporary world with which Mexicans can identify and in which international visitors can see a modern Mexico.

The adopted solution poses a response to the aeronautical concerns stated in the government’s masterplan, seeking to reduce reliance on automated people mover systems whilst drastically improving the passenger’s conditions and operational efficiency. This is achieved with a large capacity terminal (until 2028) which can be walked in its entirety.

Pascall+Watson’s design for the airport would allow optimal functionality, operational efficiency and future flexibility. In an innovative move, the team have used the building’s central spine to create a double-level retail experience with generous spaces showered with natural light, lush vegetation and dramatic views. The integrated gardens provide a sense of warmth, softness and tranquillity – sensations not commonly associated with past airport terminals.

Rather than a centralised lounge beyond security with a generic piers configuration beyond, a quality experience has instead been extended along the passenger’s journey, facilitating both fast-moving passengers and those who wish to browse or dwell. Not only are passengers exposed to constant natural light and gardens, but also the maximum number tenant frontages, each zone having been specifically designed for the likely type and nature of passengers flowing through it.

The design facilitates enhanced passenger flow and intuitive wayfinding throughout the terminal. It is devised to include minimum level changes, offers short connection times and wide flows, the least number of directional decisions and comfort for passengers with reduced mobility. A key feature of the scheme is that arriving passengers do not change level from the time that they leave the aircraft door up to the time they enter the taxi door, having natural light and views or gardens along the entire arriving journey. Rather than treating the arriving journey as secondary, this proposal seeks quality for all of the various passenger journeys.

Designing a terminal to be a world leader in sustainability was an integral part of the concept for NAICM. The central focus is low carbon emissions and the basic principles of passive design such as optimal orientation, a high-efficiency building shell, natural lighting, water saving technology, displacement ventilation and use of alternative energy generation. NAICM is designed to be one of the world’s prime energy-effective airports, setting a new standard for sustainability and environmental performance for future world-class airports.

Personally, one of my favorites.

roballan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2014, 10:59 PM   #83
diablo234
Oh No He Didn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by XA-DUG View Post
Well, they need to leave the doors open for that case... Anyway, transborder flights must have a different treatment as they have to follow very strict guidelines issued by the TSA, and the facilities should facilitate it.
Well if they incorporate those necessary features into the design of the new airport it would be relatively cheap to implement a US Pre-Clearance facility in the near future if officials choose to allow it. Actually that would probably be beneficial to Aeromexico and other US/Mexican airlines as they could then service smaller US airports that don't have US Customs facilities like DAL, LGA, or DCA.
diablo234 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2014, 12:56 AM   #84
Tikal

Likes (Received): 55

http://www.archdaily.com/547468/sord...-city-airport/
Tikal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2014, 05:47 AM   #85
SoHype!
T O N I G H T

Likes (Received): 8180

Mexican non-winner proposal by Teodoro González de León and TAX - Alberto Kalach.

"El futuro es lo obsoleto en reversa". Vladimir Nabokov
a r c h i t e c t u r e / r e a l _ e s t a t e
SoHype! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2014, 01:51 PM   #86
megaroad1

Likes (Received): 32

Love the Sordo Madaleno design. It's much more discreet yet elegant than the Foster/Romero one
megaroad1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2014, 06:09 PM   #87
elekto
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7048

Teodoro's looks old fashioned, well is his style of always.
elekto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2014, 06:17 PM   #88
Mr.Burn
Il cabrone

Likes (Received): 175

Nice designs....still prefer he winner

Shrimpo7 liked this post
Mr.Burn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2014, 05:26 PM   #89
roballan
Me want food

Non-winner proposal by:

GENSLER + BGP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bon Vivant View Post

Old September 15th, 2014, 06:07 PM   #90
richard fischer

Likes (Received): 1508

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafark View Post

Quite inspiring, new dimensions, for a great future in a perspective nation.
Old September 16th, 2014, 02:14 AM   #91
A_V_A_1980
A_V_A_1980

All were great proposal designs, but im my opinion the winner is just ICONIC, its an aiport that will look great and modern even 50 years from now, in this ages where airports are so generic and unfriendly, this airport will be in a league of its own with very few others and will be easily recognizible, i look forward to see it complete.
A_V_A_1980 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2014, 03:30 AM   #92
Gatech12

Likes (Received): 573

I have seen the other proposals and I think it is the best design of them all. Extraordinary and futuristic design!

roballan liked this post
Gatech12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2014, 01:26 AM   #93
RegioManio
Mod SSC México

Likes (Received): 3449

Another non-winner proposal.

By Mexican architect Legorreta and Richard Rogers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrmx View Post
La propuesta completa de LegoRogers:

Fuente: ArchDaily

Debo decir, que aun con lo loco que esta me gusta. Casi todas las propuestas involucran mucha vegetación dentro de la terminal, cosa que no se ve tanto en la propuesta de Foster, por lo menos en lo que le hemos visto.

fieldsofdreams, Rokto14 liked this post
RegioManio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2014, 08:21 AM   #94
sciarrone.eng

Likes (Received): 413

Fantastic project!!!!!

«Non invidio a Dio il Paradiso perché sono ben soddisfatto di vivere a Catania ».
(Sciarrone.eng, 2000 - ...)
sciarrone.eng no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2014, 01:13 AM   #95
Adamo Dlacroix

Likes (Received): 387

I'm still prefering winner proposal!!

elekto liked this post
Adamo Dlacroix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2014, 06:11 AM   #96
ddes

Likes (Received): 935

The winning proposal by Norman Foster is definitely the one that stands out the most, but I do wonder with the reality of Mexican aviation - being dominated by low-cost carriers and all - whether there would be a clash between style and utility.
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2014, 07:21 AM   #97
A_V_A_1980
A_V_A_1980

Mexican aviation is not dominated by low cost carriers at all. There are 4 major airlines in Mexico, Aeromexico, Volaris, Interjet and VivaAerobus, the last one been the onlythrue low cost airline in Mexico, same services as Ryanair, while Volaris started as a low coast to attract new customers, many of us have realized that they are not, their prices are sometimes as high as Aeromexico. Interjet is definately not a low cost, personally i think they have the nicest planes and service in Mexico and i love flying with them and last we have Aeromexico which is consider the flag carrier of Mexico, is the most international and the the biggest airline in Mexico, their prices are always high and the choice for many business travelers. Then you have other very small regional airlines that are very expensive like Aeromar and TAR, but overalll Mexican aviation is not low coast, its kind of expensive flying withing Mexico compared to EU or USA.
A_V_A_1980 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 03:32 AM   #98
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11257

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbidM View Post
Someone should put this on a sticky thread.
I'd keep it as a regular thread for now since it is more of a general discussion of an upcoming airport (unless circumstances arise that this thread becomes very popular and warrant frequent updates that deserves a lot of attention).

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill

roballan, AltiusCitiusFortius liked this post
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 05:18 AM   #99
roballan
Me want food

Sounds fair.

Old October 21st, 2014, 07:37 PM   #100
hombretangencial
BANNED

Likes (Received): 60

The best proposal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoHype! View Post
Mexican non-winner proposal by Teodoro González de León and TAX - Alberto Kalach.

This proposal although seemingly conservative in design, was the most advanced in sustainability. Kalach and partners have been working on a project to rescue the rivers and lakes of the city for decades and their project would have given that to the city.

http://www.kalachcom.ipower.com/mexi...page/pp09.html

It's a shame it won't become a reality but the winning proposal is indeed much more iconic which is the only thing the president really cares about. He needs his pharaonic construction to dilapidate the Country's budget. F** the lakes and rivers.
hombretangencial no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
aeromexico, aviación, méxico, mexico city