daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 15th, 2014, 09:26 AM   #1
dfllyf

Likes (Received): 60

Discuss:Should height of permanently installed suspended access equipment be included in the total hight of supertall?

There is an interesting debate in China's skyscraper forum — Should height of permanently installed suspended access equipment be included in the total hight of supertall?

The debate starts from a profile chart of a tall building published by the local government in Guangzhou, which is the third biggest city in China

Profile Chart

Partial enlarged detail of the top

As can be seem from the chart , number of 199.850 is marked on the top of the elevator shaft,and there are two permanently installed suspended access equipment on the edge of the top with higeher altitude height than elevator shaft.

Some people insist that the hight of this building is beyond 200 meters “as a matter of fact”,because these two equipments are fixed on the buiding roof, and they are permanent parts of this tall building just like lightning rod or glass walls.

But others argue that the height of these two equipments should not be included in the total height for the reason that "never do that before" and "no one care about the height of permanently installed suspended access equipment".

So, What U guys think about this argument?

*Permanently installed suspended access equipment — used to suspend sth or sb to wash the glass wall of the building or to replace the broken glass wall.

Aceventura liked this post

Last edited by dfllyf; September 15th, 2014 at 09:42 AM.
dfllyf no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2014, 10:40 PM   #2
QuantumX
One Brickell CityCentre

Likes (Received): 19048

No. Not part of the original design. It's an add on.
"I'm going to bet you that when we're done --- I don't know when that will be --- historians will identify this as the most significant and rapid transformation of an American city.'' Former Miami City Commissioner Johnny Winton 05/22/2005

My photo threads:

QuantumX no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2014, 06:28 AM   #3
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22515

no. it's functional, not architectural. Much like an antenna or other communications equipment.

QuantumX liked this post
Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2014, 10:38 PM   #4
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8231

it's not really permanent, it could technically switched out to a newer version for example changing the height of the building then. so i wouldn't count it.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2014, 12:24 PM   #5
eshall

Likes (Received): 0

I am new to the side by side world too. I would like a to find a diesel one as well. The problem that I am finding is that nobody makes one that will keep up with the gas ones. I have been looking at the Intimidator web site, and I think one of these and a turbo retrofitted on would make a snappy*