daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 2nd, 2016, 07:52 PM   #501
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12418

Project News : YOUNGDONGDAERO street will be world Best LED Show district.
Official HYUNDAI agreement with Gangnamgu. This LED Free advertisement called
"The Brilliant Countdown!"

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Seoul_Korea, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; February 2nd, 2016 at 07:58 PM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2016, 06:18 PM   #502
inno4321

Project news updates

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
Old February 13th, 2016, 04:02 PM   #503
inno4321

According to my information
In this week Mr kim joung sung 김종성 who Master designer of project flight to NYC for the purposed meeting with SOM+NBBJ

Main tower design by SOM
Hyundai Motor's exhibition/convention center/public theater and lower tower building design by NBBJ

More news in my private page

Munwon, sgollis, SH16 liked this post
Old February 16th, 2016, 02:48 PM   #504
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4626

From around March/April everyone will start moving out of the old KEPCO building.
The demolition of the building will happen in the second half of this year, but there is no exact schedule yet.

The article also confirms that the construction start of the tower is planned for next year (2017).
So we might see the building completed in 2020/21

Korean article: http://www.edaily.co.kr/news/NewsRea...01&OutLnkChk=Y

AlexDemens, kimahrikku1, Seoul_Korea liked this post
humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2016, 03:43 PM   #505
kimahrikku1

Likes (Received): 6959

Quote:
Originally Posted by humptydumpty7 View Post
From around March/April everyone will start moving out of the old KEPCO building.
The demolition of the building will happen in the second half of this year, but there is no exact schedule yet.

The article also confirms that the construction start of the tower is planned for next year (2017).
So we might see the building completed in 2020/21

Korean article: http://www.edaily.co.kr/news/NewsRea...01&OutLnkChk=Y
Great! That being said, all the articles I've seen so far have had 2021 (at the earliest) as the target for completion. And even if this project is moving fairly quickly for now this might be more realistic to target 2022 (if not 2023). Delays in skyscraper construction... I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's been known to happen. And with the tug of war between Seoul and Gangnam, a new litigation from the Bungeunsa temple, as well as dealing with the Yeongdong-daero underground station/transfer center project, this project has its fair share of hurdles to clear as well.

So, best case scenario, 2021.

Remember, the Lotte World Tower was first envisioned in the late 1980s and initially got approved in 1998, with construction of the tower starting in 2010. So it can take a while
kimahrikku1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2016, 04:28 PM   #506
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4626

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimahrikku1 View Post
And even if this project is moving fairly quickly for now this might be more realistic to target 2022 (if not 2023).
Yes, for the official opening maybe. But I am optimistic that from around 2019 the tower will start to have an major impact on the skyline and might reach structural completion around '20. Anyway, this is just speculation

The LWT project is a special case because there were lots of enemies of the project from the absolute beginning. That's not the case with Hyundai, most parties involved want a construction start asap.

Lotte did also a lot of mistakes during the first few years of construction, and I am sure that Hyundai and their contractors have learned from Lotte's mistakes and how important PR and safety management is.
The Hyundai project seems already much better organized and "world-class" compared to Lotte's procedure back then.

Alone the fact, that lotte used it's own construction company to build their tower as pali-pali as possible, was a quite shady approach which totally backfired on them. Hyundai has 4 companies involved, all coordinated by an indepentend and renowned architect, making the risk of shady things happening much lower.

kimahrikku1, Seoul_Korea, SH16 liked this post
humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2016, 11:50 PM   #507
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1024

I'm just glad to see that the Yeongdong-daero transit station (can we call it the Gangnam Transit Center?) is being integrated with this project. Having such a major source of people for Samseong-dong and Gangnam--not just the district, but the Gangnam side of Seoul--located more-or-less on the grounds of this tower is certain to do wonders for demand in the area. Even if it wasn't going to be a corporate-driven project, the location is so fantastic I doubt they'd have trouble filling something even this big.

Now we're all just waiting to see the design...very anxiously, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2016, 02:08 AM   #508
The seventh shape
Master of his domain

Likes (Received): 819

What about this LED show? Do they mean just a temporary show or something permanent? Any renders of it?
The seventh shape no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2016, 03:07 AM   #509
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by The seventh shape View Post
What about this LED show? Do they mean just a temporary show or something permanent? Any renders of it?
permanent. They gonna made trade tower and HYUNDAI TOWER around are will be first LED advertisement district in korea. especially when new years celebrate party. It seems like a big scale of TIME SQUARE OF NYC or Shibuya of TOKYO

The seventh shape liked this post
Old February 17th, 2016, 03:08 AM   #510
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
Now we're all just waiting to see the design...very anxiously, but I'm cautiously optimistic.
Now Kim joung sung meeting with SOM in NYC for tower's design conversation.

Old February 17th, 2016, 05:04 AM   #511
cydevil
Faith of the Heart

Likes (Received): 450

Hyundai revealed design of the building.

From Chosun Ilbo.

http://news.chosun.com/site/data/htm...021701453.html
Old February 17th, 2016, 06:35 AM   #512
Victoria123

Likes (Received): 1765

Some more eye candy.

http://blog.hyundai.co.kr/Group-Stor...qhdkscjfwj.blg

Last edited by Victoria123; February 17th, 2016 at 07:31 AM.
Victoria123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2016, 06:59 AM   #513
kimahrikku1

So I think that some people will dislike it because it's boxy.

I'm actually interested by the design. It's fairly classy, and timeless. Of course, until we see the cladding first hand (if everything goes well, I guess cladding would start in 2019). It will be hard to judge.

The only disappointing thing is that the 2nd tower (the hotel) has been scaled back to 40 floors. The view from the observatory should be amazing. Since the building has no crown or spire, I guess the observatory will be about as tall (500m) as the LWT one. But location wise, it's so much greater. Not only can you see Gangnam area, but you'll be able to see Namsan and Seoul Forest very well. Ddukseom will also be in plain sight, and so might be Yeouido (although from far away). And assuming the Jamsil Sports Complex gets rebuilt, the whole area should be really great.

EDIT :
Also, I'm reading articles from today and they're mentioning that the height of the building was pushed back up to 553 meters ? Is this confirmed ? If so, I'm actually surprised they're settling just 2 meters short of the Lotte World Tower. Just for bragging rights, I thought they would build a 3-meter d*ldo on top of the tower just to send a signal to Lotte.

Last edited by kimahrikku1; February 17th, 2016 at 07:24 AM.
Old February 17th, 2016, 07:24 AM   #514
Victoria123

Quote:
So I think that some people will dislike it because it's boxy.

I'm actually interested by the design. It's fairly classy, and timeless. Of course, until we see the cladding first hand (if everything goes well, I guess cladding would start in 2019). It will be hard to judge.

The only disappointing thing is that the 2nd tower (the hotel) has been scaled back to 40 floors. The view from the observatory should be amazing. Since the building has no crown or spire, I guess the observatory will be about as tall (500m) as the LWT one. But location wise, it's so much greater. Not only can you see Gangnam area, but you'll be able to see Namsan and Seoul Forest very well. Ddukseom will also be in plain sight, and so might be Yeouido (although from far away). And assuming the Jamsil Sports Complex gets rebuilt, the whole area should be really great.

EDIT :
Also, I'm reading articles from today and they're mentioning that the height of the building was pushed back up to 553 meters ? Is this confirmed ? If so, I'm actually surprised they're settling just 2 meters short of the Lotte World Tower. Just for bragging rights, I thought they would build a 3-meter ***** on top of the tower just to send a signal to Lotte.
It does look classy indeed. I love the exoskeleton, and all the buildings seem so professional and sophisticated in that they have so much substance. In the end, I guess it is another glass box, but considering how low my expectations were for this building (mainly cause of the placeholder design), this came in as a pleasant surprise for me. Damn, I'm imagining the Seoul skyline in 2020, seeing from above Han river to the east; LWT, and this beauty standing side to side, all lit up and all. That would definitely be one for the books.

kimahrikku1 liked this post
Old February 17th, 2016, 07:34 AM   #515
kimahrikku1

Korea Herald has an English-language recap about today's news :

Quote:
Hyundai Motor Group, the world's fifth-largest automotive conglomerate, will start building a 105-story structure early next year on the land it bought from Korea Electric Power Corp. (KEPCO) last year, Seoul city officials said Wednesday.

The massive building plan was finally agreed upon between the Seoul metropolitan government and Hyundai Motor after preliminary negotiations for the past six months on the urban development plan.

The two sides had a series of meetings to review Hyundai's construction proposal and to see what impacts the building plan will have on traffic and the nearby environment.

Officials said construction will start early next year after completing all necessary permit and documentation procedures by the city administration.

Hyundai aims to finish construction by 2021.

According to the city administration, the building planned by the group will be 553 meters tall and have a floor area ratio of 799 percent. It will be made up of offices, a convention center, hotel and shopping area.

The conglomerate bought the 79,345-square-meter plot of land in southern Seoul for a staggering 10.55 trillion won (US$9.63 billion) in September last year.

Hyundai said the convention center alone will cover 15,000 square meters of floor space.

The Seoul metropolitan government has so far called for developing the KEPCO land, along with the adjacent Convention and Exhibition Center (COEX) complex, into a new hub for the country's meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions (MICE) industry.

City officials also said such a move is expected to create new jobs and open a business area that has not been properly exploited by the country.

Both sides also agreed that the auto group will pay 1.74 trillion won in public contribution to the city government for the business group to change the use of the land site from "residential" to "commercial," a major process needed to get the construction project off the ground.

Builders here are required to contribute a certain amount of funds to a municipal government to carry out construction in return for requesting cooperation and deregulation, a practice partly aimed at sharing development profits with the public.

Seoul Mayor Park Won-soon said the construction project will be a new model for public development participated in by Seoul citizens and experts as well as Hyundai and municipal authorities.

"The Hyundai Motor complex will become a landmark of Seoul and mecca for the MICE industry when its international exchange districts are completed," the mayor said. (Yonhap)
http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20160217000767

As well as Yonhap news

Quote:
SEOUL, Feb. 17 (Yonhap) -- Hyundai Motor Group, the world's fifth-largest automotive conglomerate, will start building a 105-story structure early next year on the land it bought from Korea Electric Power Corp. (KEPCO) last year, Seoul city officials said Wednesday.

The massive building plan was finally agreed upon between the Seoul metropolitan government and Hyundai Motor after preliminary negotiations for the past six months on the urban development plan.

The two sides had a series of meetings to review Hyundai's construction proposal and to see what impacts the building plan will have on traffic and the nearby environment.

Officials said construction will start early next year after completing all necessary permit and documentation procedures by the city administration.

Hyundai aims to finish construction by 2021.

According to the city administration, the building planned by the group will be 553 meters tall and have a floor area ratio of 799 percent. It will be made up of offices, a convention center, hotel and shopping area.

The conglomerate bought the 79,345-square-meter plot of land in southern Seoul for a staggering 10.55 trillion won (US$9.63 billion) in September last year.

Hyundai said the convention center alone will cover 15,000 square meters of floor space.

The Seoul metropolitan government has so far called for developing the KEPCO land, along with the adjacent Convention and Exhibition Center (COEX) complex, into a new hub for the country's meetings, incentives, conferences and exhibitions (MICE) industry.

City officials also said such a move is expected to create new jobs and open a business area that has not been properly exploited by the country.

Both sides also agreed that the auto group will pay 1.74 trillion won in public contribution to the city government for the business group to change the use of the land site from "residential" to "commercial," a major process needed to get the construction project off the ground.

Builders here are required to contribute a certain amount of funds to a municipal government to carry out construction in return for requesting cooperation and deregulation, a practice partly aimed at sharing development profits with the public.

Seoul Mayor Park Won-soon said the construction project will be a new model for public development participated in by Seoul citizens and experts as well as Hyundai and municipal authorities.

"The Hyundai Motor complex will become a landmark of Seoul and mecca for the MICE industry when its international exchange districts are completed," the mayor said.
http://english.yonhapnews.co.kr/news...007000315.html

As with all the Korean articles I've seen today, the height is confirmed to be 553 meters.
Old February 17th, 2016, 07:36 AM   #516
Victoria123

Inno, do you think this is the LED show you were talking about?
This will add so much vibrancy into Yongdong Ave.

Old February 17th, 2016, 07:39 AM   #517
Victoria123

Quote:

As with all the Korean articles I've seen today, the height is confirmed to be 553 meters.
And that's some AWESOME news.
Old February 17th, 2016, 07:48 AM   #518
kimahrikku1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria123 View Post

No this is the view of the Sunken garden, inside the Hyundai GBC, looking East.

The LED Show (ā la Times Square) is supposed to be on the avenue itself and i guess includes the facades of the major buildings along Yeongdong avenue : Hyundai GBC, but also World Trade Center, Parnas tower, ASEM Tower, the Hyundai Development Company (HDC) building. But I don't think there are any final plans at this point.
Old February 17th, 2016, 08:12 AM   #519
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Likes (Received): 2901

This is such a great tower! It looks like 1 Undershaft (London, UK), that will start construction in a while, but this is more classy and moderate. I really love boxy towers, and this, for now, is one of my favourite ever! I hope it will have an awesome cladding!

PROUD TO BE GAY.

7 AUG 2007 - 30 SEP 2014
SNSD without Jessica won't be the same anymore.

Victoria123, humptydumpty7 liked this post
Seoul_Korea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 17th, 2016, 08:57 AM   #520
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria123 View Post

Right
YONGDONG daero AVENUE will be make as BRILLIANT AVENUES.(TRADE TOWER+HYUNDAI TOWER etc WILL BE MADE AS advertisement facade)
Korea government and Hyundai+gangnam district is going to made this area such like a Time square of NYC+Shibuya of TOKYO.
Especially every new years begin celebrate show in there with crowed.

BTW HYUNDAI Tower great design(i don;t like boxy though)
I satisfied

I gonna take a photo when project begin(demolition)

Victoria123 liked this post