daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 21st, 2014, 01:12 AM   #121
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12418

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquaticko View Post
Well, even if they get around that restriction, there's no reason to assume that they'll actually use all of the allowable area. It only gets more expensive the taller you go,

give me a break man dear

I respect your personal opinion it is your free
but plz check the fact
Whoever land owner will not used beside ALL allowable area. HYUNDAI is a work of mercy?

Did you know hyundai pay $10billions to buying this land on the terms of Increased gross area up to 800%
gross area is equal money. Lotte world tower 555m used only 640%.
HYUNDAI land is little bit smaller than LWT.

This project's most BIG OBSTACLE step Is to negociation with seoul government for get more GROSS AREA.
And they finished prepare for donation 40% land with CASH donation rather than physical land. This is only purposed get approved from seoul government for get 800% gross area.

But suddenlly Base on 입지규제법(promotion law) KOREA government allow up to 1000% to this project.
Then HYUNDAI refused to used that allowable area?

is this joke or what?

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; November 21st, 2014 at 01:32 AM.
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 21st, 2014, 10:04 AM   #122
Daehanminguk
대한민국 사랑해

Likes (Received): 67

Maybe something like 2-3 towers of 500m-250m are better, so to make a great skyline in Gangnam.. I think...
South Korea
South Korea

Zaz965 liked this post
Daehanminguk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2014, 08:22 PM   #123
parknamwon
SNSD

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daehanminguk View Post
Maybe something like 2-3 towers of 500m-250m are better, so to make a great skyline in Gangnam.. I think...
I think you're right
With Seocho Lotte Town of 250m and this complex, Trade Tower of 228m, ASEM Tower of 178m, Parnas Tower of 183m, Samsung Headquarters of 200m-150m-150m, Lotte World Tower of 555m, the skyline of Seoul (Gangnam-Seocho-Songpa) will be amazing.

aquaticko liked this post
parknamwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2014, 08:54 PM   #124
kimahrikku1

Likes (Received): 6959

Quote:
Originally Posted by parknamwon View Post
I think you're right
With Seocho Lotte Town of 250m and this complex, Trade Tower of 228m, ASEM Tower of 178m, Parnas Tower of 183m, Samsung Headquarters of 200m-150m-150m, Lotte World Tower of 555m, the skyline of Seoul (Gangnam-Seocho-Songpa) will be amazing.
These are all great projects that will make the area truly amazing to drive through, but I don't think they'll constitute one unified Skyline (they're almost 8km apart). You'd have a smaller skyline in Seocho around Gangnam-station (with Samsung HQ and Lotte Town), the "main" skyline around Samseong Station and the COEX, with the newly built Hyundai HQ as well the Parnas tower and the existing buildings), and a third one consisting of Lotte World (as well as smaller buildings across the street: Jamsil Garden, Lotte Castle...) in Songpa
kimahrikku1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2014, 09:40 PM   #125
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1024

Quote:
Originally Posted by inno4321 View Post

give me a break man dear

I respect your personal opinion it is your free
but plz check the fact
Whoever land owner will not used beside ALL allowable area. HYUNDAI is a work of mercy?

Did you know hyundai pay $10billions to buying this land on the terms of Increased gross area up to 800%
gross area is equal money. Lotte world tower 555m used only 640%.
HYUNDAI land is little bit smaller than LWT.

This project's most BIG OBSTACLE step Is to negociation with seoul government for get more GROSS AREA.
And they finished prepare for donation 40% land with CASH donation rather than physical land. This is only purposed get approved from seoul government for get 800% gross area.

But suddenlly Base on 입지규제법(promotion law) KOREA government allow up to 1000% to this project.
Then HYUNDAI refused to used that allowable area?

is this joke or what?
Inno, it only becomes more and more expensive the higher you go. Hyundai didn't just spend 10 billion USD on buying the land; they also lost about 8 billion in stock value in the day after the bid was made. Hyundai's shareholders did not appreciate their money being spent like that, and I don't think that they'd appreciate another 10 billion being spent building more tower than is needed, even given the purpose of brand building.

Chung Mong-ku can't just spend all his companies' money like it's his own. I'm as excited for this project as anyone else, but what he did reflects badly on both Hyundai and South Korea, and you'd be wise to realize that.

kimahrikku1, inno4321 liked this post
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2014, 10:30 PM   #126
kimahrikku1

Quote:
Inno, it only becomes more and more expensive the higher you go. Hyundai didn't just spend 10 billion USD on buying the land; they also lost about 8 billion in stock value in the day after the bid was made. Hyundai's shareholders did not appreciate their money being spent like that, and I don't think that they'd appreciate another 10 billion being spent building more tower than is needed, even given the purpose of brand building.

Chung Mong-ku can't just spend all his companies' money like it's his own. I'm as excited for this project as anyone else, but what he did reflects badly on both Hyundai and South Korea, and you'd be wise to realize that.
You're perfectly right, I too would love to see a kilometer-high tower there, and the increased gross area will obviously not hurt the chances of Hyundai doing something major.

But skyscraper projects are not decided by skyline enthusiasts, money is the name of the game.
Each additional floor has a fixed marginal return, and each additional floor has an increasing marginal cost in the long run, so the height is (in the grand scheme of things) determined by the intersection of the 2 curbs.

Of course, there are other parameters, but this comes down to these economics principle. One of the parameter, obvious in this project, is the "ego factor", as M. Jeong probably sees each additional floor as a testimony to his legacy, so the perceived marginal return might actually be slightly positive, although it is necessarily due to interesect with the marginal cost curve eventually
Old November 21st, 2014, 11:58 PM   #127
humptydumpty7

Likes (Received): 4626

Quote:
it only becomes more and more expensive the higher you go. Hyundai didn't just spend 10 billion USD on buying the land; they also lost about 8 billion in stock value in the day after the bid was made. Hyundai's shareholders did not appreciate their money being spent like that, and I don't think that they'd appreciate another 10 billion being spent building more tower than is needed, even given the purpose of brand building.
That's usually absolutely true, BUT this case here with Hyundai is very special and i think economic reasonability does not apply here. They paid triple the value of the land like its nothing. Now they said to invest 5 billion into the HQ and amusement park complex, which is again an insane amount of money! (The whole Lotte complex costed 'just' 3.3 billion).

Also Hyundai said they want to not only build a simple HQ, they want a monument for Hyundai that will shape the company's image for the whole century. They have huge plans.

I guess they hope to convince and attract the shareholders again with an absolutely fantastic design of the whole complex.

And with 5 billion dollars and such huge plans, i think anything can happen here. rational thinking and economic reasoning doesn't seem to have the main priority here. its emotions and image.

inno4321 liked this post
humptydumpty7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2014, 12:28 AM   #128
inno4321

Quote:

Would you read again above my comment?
I said it can built to NOT ONLY VERTICAL promotion BUT ALSO HORIZONTA promotion by 입지규제법 Free from restriction law.

Why you stick on vertical problem(to built higher n higher)? That is not my real utter but your view point.

And I wonder why they need another $ 10 billions for built HQ?
even kingdom tower(1km) pure construction cost around $3 billions enough!

FURTHERMORE they actually have a plan to built this HQ in GERMANY.(Not in korea)
They finished primary plan Project name Frankfurt!!
But Mr chung's patriotic mind changed plan and to built in korea. This was CEO's decision
Is this bad influence in KOREA economy?
And did you know? what he say? "I'm not spare no cost $10 billion. cause this money go to korea government!"
This land's owner is korea public company(KEPCO), Now they suffer with $106 billions debts!! But as by hyundai's invest they cut the huge debts!!

Also annually HYUNDAI spent $0.3 billions for spent rental fee. Because they have no Central HQ. 2~30 group's affiliates scatter all around Seoul.
but with this project they spare not only huge rental fee but also invisible mange efficiency!

Furthermore ANNUALLY Hyundai held "World Hyundai 5000 Dealer party" but so far this big conference used to held out side korea because they have no enough HQ in korea!
They held used to in LAS VEGAS or Monaco or Hongkong! but with this project game changed!

In result I know your opinions but would you remeber in the case of Lotte world tower?

tons of thousand politician and people hate 555m but at last Lotte bring huge economical booming in Seoul.

Do you know what is big problem in HYUNDAI's future?
that is STIFFNESS labor unions! They earn $140 thousands for a years salary.
Korea normal labor get monthly below $ 2000(this is 60~70% ratio among total korean labor!)
even If those worker dying then his children succession his father job in HYUNDAI! forever
!
As concern this issue Korean called them as like nick name 귀족(labors novel class)!
they annually STRIKE with political reason. Those greedy unions bring Countless damage to HYUNDA&KIA's future

If you really worry about HYUNDA and korea economy, you should critic HYUNDAI's labor unions rather than this project.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; November 22nd, 2014 at 12:40 AM.
Old November 22nd, 2014, 01:38 AM   #129
inno4321

http://news.newsway.co.kr/view.php?t...41121164934_AO
KEPCO building become empty
KEPCO employee move to naju

Last edited by inno4321; November 22nd, 2014 at 02:04 AM.
Old November 22nd, 2014, 01:45 AM   #130
kimahrikku1

Quote:

http://news.newsway.co.kr/view.php?t...41121164934_AO
KEPCO building become empty
KEPCO employee begin remove to naju
Great news!

Do you know if Hyundai plans to start demolition right after the building is emptied? Or will they wait for the project to move further along before taking down the building?
Old November 22nd, 2014, 01:50 AM   #131
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimahrikku1 View Post
Great news!

Do you know if Hyundai plans to start demolition right after the building is emptied? Or will they wait for the project to move further along before taking down the building?
this building not yet official hyunda's own
furthermore design/pre/get approved etc many step take until demolish.
their are many scenario that how TEMPORARY used this empty building(such like a temporary hyundai affiliates's HQ used)

Removed periods 23 days spent
Removed cost about $ 10,000 thousands
834 5ton truck
450 worker for removed task
1531 KEPCO employee move to naju suburban

but onething is sure Huge money invest on this project and this project very importat for HYUNDAI so they try to shorten project time lost as possible as

kimahrikku1, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; November 22nd, 2014 at 02:01 AM.
Old November 22nd, 2014, 03:17 AM   #132
aquaticko

Likes (Received): 1024

Quote:

Would you read again above my comment?
I said it can built to NOT ONLY VERTICAL promotion BUT ALSO HORIZONTA promotion by 입지규제법 Free from restriction law.

Why you stick on vertical problem(to built higher n higher)? That is not my real utter but your view point.

And I wonder why they need another $ 10 billions for built HQ?
even kingdom tower(1km) pure construction cost around $3 billions enough!

FURTHERMORE they actually have a plan to built this HQ in GERMANY.(Not in korea)
They finished primary plan Project name Frankfurt!!
But Mr chung's patriotic mind changed plan and to built in korea. This was CEO's decision
Is this bad influence in KOREA economy?
And did you know? what he say? "I'm not spare no cost $10 billion. cause this money go to korea government!"
This land's owner is korea public company(KEPCO), Now they suffer with $106 billions debts!! But as by hyundai's invest they cut the huge debts!!

Also annually HYUNDAI spent $0.3 billions for spent rental fee. Because they have no Central HQ. 2~30 group's affiliates scatter all around Seoul.
but with this project they spare not only huge rental fee but also invisible mange efficiency!

Furthermore ANNUALLY Hyundai held "World Hyundai 5000 Dealer party" but so far this big conference used to held out side korea because they have no enough HQ in korea!
They held used to in LAS VEGAS or Monaco or Hongkong! but with this project game changed!

In result I know your opinions but would you remeber in the case of Lotte world tower?

tons of thousand politician and people hate 555m but at last Lotte bring huge economical booming in Seoul.

Do you know what is big problem in HYUNDAI's future?
that is STIFFNESS labor unions! They earn $140 thousands for a years salary.
Korea normal labor get monthly below $ 2000(this is 60~70% ratio among total korean labor!)
even If those worker dying then his children succession his father job in HYUNDAI! forever
!
As concern this issue Korean called them as like nick name 귀족(labors novel class)!
they annually STRIKE with political reason. Those greedy unions bring Countless damage to HYUNDA&KIA's future

If you really worry about HYUNDA and korea economy, you should critic HYUNDAI's labor unions rather than this project.
I was just trying to temper the hoping for a 1km tower in Seoul (it should cost a lot more to build anything in South Korea than in Saudi Arabia, by the way). This wouldn't do very much for either Hyundai or Kia because, as I've said over and over again, prestige in the automotive industry has very, very, very little to do with the size of a company's headquarters and everything to do with the cars and engineering they put out. You just can't argue that this enormous sums being spent on this development couldn't have been better used. If Chung Mong-ku was really worried about KEPCO's debt's, wouldn't it make more sense to just give them lots of money directly? Besides, that kind of private business worrying about a public company's debt just makes the problem of corruption between Korea's government and business all the more obvious. It's not a good thing.

I agree; Hyundai and Kia's labor unions push too hard, and I think they'll probably end up scaring a lot of their work right out of the country, but don't compare it with the average salary in Korea. People in Korea aren't paid enough, and so many people have irregular jobs that it's beginning to become very difficult to live a comfortable life there. The way chaebols act in Korea--buying out smaller, innovative companies, shaping labor laws and making things hard for many workers, and controlling Korea's domestic economy--is not a good thing for the country. You can't just count on them spending more and more money on Korea to make things better, and that includes projects like this tower (and Sejong City, although I know you don't like that one either, or the Four Rivers project).

Sorry, I know we're way off topic.

inno4321, Zaz965 liked this post
aquaticko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2014, 05:20 AM   #133
inno4321

Quote:
I was just trying to temper the hoping for a 1km tower in Seoul (it should cost a lot more to build anything in South Korea than in Saudi Arabia, by the way). This wouldn't do very much for either Hyundai or Kia because, as I've said over and over again, prestige in the automotive industry has very, very, very little to do with the size of a company's headquarters and everything to do with the cars and engineering they put out. You just can't argue that this enormous sums being spent on this development couldn't have been better used. If Chung Mong-ku was really worried about KEPCO's debt's, wouldn't it make more sense to just give them lots of money directly? Besides, that kind of private business worrying about a public company's debt just makes the problem of corruption between Korea's government and business all the more obvious. It's not a good thing.

I agree; Hyundai and Kia's labor unions push too hard, and I think they'll probably end up scaring a lot of their work right out of the country, but don't compare it with the average salary in Korea. People in Korea aren't paid enough, and so many people have irregular jobs that it's beginning to become very difficult to live a comfortable life there. The way chaebols act in Korea--buying out smaller, innovative companies, shaping labor laws and making things hard for many workers, and controlling Korea's domestic economy--is not a good thing for the country. You can't just count on them spending more and more money on Korea to make things better, and that includes projects like this tower (and Sejong City, although I know you don't like that one either, or the Four Rivers project).

Sorry, I know we're way off topic.

I'm not right... you are not right
we are stand each other in the end of side with fundamental stance
that is two way to looking world
we can find truth in the middle...balance n compromise are democracy
one thing is sure that u and i both of them like seoul city. that is importance

kimahrikku1, aquaticko, Zaz965 liked this post
Old November 25th, 2014, 04:34 PM   #134
Daehanminguk
대한민국 사랑해

Likes (Received): 67

WE LOVE SEOUL ANYWAY
South Korea
South Korea
Daehanminguk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2014, 07:53 PM   #135
parknamwon
SNSD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daehanminguk View Post
WE LOVE SEOUL ANYWAY
Yeah agree, but we love also this project to be a great project! A great design! A great tower! A great thing!!

Go Seoul!

inno4321 liked this post
Old November 26th, 2014, 12:56 AM   #136
inno4321

TF인력 보강하고 개발 박차

현대자동차그룹이 서울 강남구 영동대로에 있는 현 한국전력 본사 건물에 입주하지 않기로 방침을 정했다. 부지 개발 일정을 한시라도 앞당기기 위해서다.

25일 현대차 고위 관계자는 “현대·기아차를 포함한 계열사들이 한전 건물에 미리 입주하지 않는 대신 하루라도 빨리 인허가를 받아 글로벌비즈니스센터(GBC) 건립에 착수할 계획”이라며 “기존 건물에 입주하는 것은 경제성이 떨어진다”고 말했다.

이달 초 한전 직원들이 전남 나주로 이전을 시작하면서 한전 측은 현대차에 임차료를 내고 빈 건물에 입주할 의사가 있는지 타진했다. 현대차그룹은 30개 계열사들이 서울 시내에 흩어져 있지만 계열사들이 한전 건물에 입주하려면 이사 비용만 수십억 원 드는 데다, 인허가 이후 곧바로 건물을 철거할 방침이라 실효성이 떨어진다고 판단했다. 한전 건물과 부지는 내년 9월 현대차가 인수금액 10조5500억 원을 모두 납부할 때까지는 한전 소유다.

한전이 입찰 과정에서 밝힌 한전 건물 가치는 795억 원이다. 그러나 현대차 측에서는 한전 건물의 잔존가치는 거의 없다고 보고 있다.

한편 12일 현대건설이 정수현 현대건설 사장을 단장으로 해 만든 ‘강남사옥프로젝트 태스크포스팀(TFT)’ 규모는 8명에서 25일 현재 약 50명으로 크게 늘었다. 현대·기아차에서는 5명이 파견됐다.

현대차그룹이 부지 개발을 서두르는 이유는 글로벌 본사와 컨벤션 센터, 문화·숙박 시설 등을 한데 묶은 GBC 건립이 정몽구 현대차그룹 회장의 숙원 사업이기 때문이다.

업계에서는 박원순 서울시장이 서울 동남권에 마이스(MICE·기업회의, 포상관광, 컨벤션, 전시회) 지구를 조성하겠다고 밝힌 만큼 인허가 작업이 예상보다 수월하게 진행될 수도 있다는 관측이 조심스럽게 나오고 있다.
http://news.donga.com/3/all/20141125/68170578/1

breaking news
"We will not temporary move to KEPCO building. If hyundai move to this project building(KEPCO), then this project will be delay.
We don't want to waste time we will built HYUNDAI&KIA HQ as soon as possible."say hyundai concern.

According to the KEPCO They assume KEPCO building's price about 10000 thousand dollars. But we estimated as $0 dollars. (which means hyundai concentrated on TO BUILT SUPERTALL HQ)

Meanwhile at the very moment(25. november) "gangnam head office task force team(TFT)" upgrade from 8 person to 50 person now!!!(among them 5 person directly send by HYUNDAI&KIA conglomerates)!!!

Because HYUNDAI HQ supertall project is last dream of Mr chung mong gu of hyundai conglomerates.
THEREFORE group try best to do for ADVANCE the time of built this project

Beside LWT. SEOUL will be have another over 5~600m tower!!!!

Seoul_Korea, Zaz965 liked this post
Old November 26th, 2014, 01:02 AM   #137
inno4321

I believe they under design primary shape and 100% sure that master plan
maybe they contact with KFP/SOM already

Zaz965 liked this post
Old November 26th, 2014, 01:08 AM   #138
ArtZ

Likes (Received): 1076

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seoul_Korea View Post
This tower is still alive, but maybe with a different design. But the thread of this tower is in DN Archive. So I create this. The rendering is still unknown, so let's post the latest rendering, waiting for the new one.
The location is different too.

link_01

LOCATION: 512 Yeongdong-daero, 167 Samseong 1-dong, Gangnam-gu
HEIGHT: +540m
FLOORS: ~110 fl
USE: Office, Residential, Conferencing Space, Hotel
CONSTRUCTION START: ~2016
CONSTRUCTION END: 2020~2021

THE MOST RECENT RENDERING:

OTHER RENDERING:

IMO, both are absolutely stunning. Hard to choose which one looks better!

Zaz965 liked this post
ArtZ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2014, 01:50 PM   #139
parknamwon
SNSD

But designs are old unfortunately... We're expectin' something more great!

Zaz965 liked this post
Old November 26th, 2014, 02:10 PM   #140
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8231

Korean Supertalls are always about waiting and then they nearly never rise above ground . I have more faith in this one, because the plot was so damn expensive, but still I would be happy if they would just start building a 500m Tower instead of letting us guess and wait

Zaz965 liked this post
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote