daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 11th, 2014, 07:06 PM   #161
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Likes (Received): 2901

I'll try to design a tower of a ~600m with a garden sphere on top (also if I'm not that good at drawing )

PROUD TO BE GAY.

7 AUG 2007 - 30 SEP 2014
SNSD without Jessica won't be the same anymore.
Seoul_Korea no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 12th, 2014, 05:06 PM   #162
Daehanminguk
대한민국 사랑해

Likes (Received): 67

Don't need to be precise, just to make an idea
South Korea
South Korea

Shaddorry liked this post
Daehanminguk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 03:52 AM   #163
inno4321

Likes (Received): 12436

22 december 2014
HYUNDAI begin "geologic survey" in GANGNAM KEPCO SITE.

This survey 10 month early than expect. So this hyundai action means they'll finish all plan before get KEPCO building's property.

Therefore most journal surprised that how hyundai have a strong will this supertall project.!!!
and this survey mean hyudai try to "advance schedule date this project's construction.

last month hyundai get approved from gangnam district office for geologic survey.

With this survey result hyundai suggestion detail project's design to seoul government.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321
inno4321 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 10:23 AM   #164
Astraios

Likes (Received): 96

Lets hope they find solid bedrock, to assure the Seoul population. Even though piles can be driven into the ground for stability, I don't think Koreans will like the idea of buildings on soft material

inno4321, Shaddorry, sweet-d liked this post
Astraios no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2014, 10:33 AM   #165
parknamwon
SNSD

Likes (Received): 22

agree

Shaddorry liked this post
parknamwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2014, 02:44 AM   #166
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3590

The geological survey has me wondering, if someone from Korea would be so kind as to answer: does Korea experience much seismic activity?

In California, on the other side of the "ring of fire," earthquakes are common enough (and strong enough) to limit the size of skyscrapers and really complicate developments. San Francisco, where I'm from, has the issue of liquify-able soil, and Los Angeles, where I live now, is covered in fault lines. It's technically possible to build very tall, but because of the additional expense of protecting against earthquakes, we usually don't see anything even close to a supertall.

Is this not a problem in Korea? Or are Korean developers just willing to spend the extra money to build supertalls that can withstand an earthquake?

inno4321 liked this post
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2014, 03:18 AM   #167
castermaild55

Likes (Received): 3048

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallKnight View Post
The geological survey has me wondering, if someone from Korea would be so kind as to answer: does Korea experience much seismic activity?

In California, on the other side of the "ring of fire," earthquakes are common enough (and strong enough) to limit the size of skyscrapers and really complicate developments. San Francisco, where I'm from, has the issue of liquify-able soil, and Los Angeles, where I live now, is covered in fault lines. It's technically possible to build very tall, but because of the additional expense of protecting against earthquakes, we usually don't see anything even close to a supertall.

Is this not a problem in Korea? Or are Korean developers just willing to spend the extra money to build supertalls that can withstand an earthquake?
there is few earthquake there
castermaild55 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2014, 03:48 PM   #168
Seoul_Korea
Europa

Likes (Received): 2901

Quoted by inno4321

SAM_3959
by inno4321, on Flickr

This building is gonna be demolished soon

SAM_3964 by inno4321, on Flickr
SAM_3965 by inno4321, on Flickr

LWT seen from Hyundai & KIA New Headquarters & Global Business Center (GBC) in the actual KEPCO site in Gangnam-gu, Seoul. They actually are 1km far each other.

So this new supertall tower is going to be the world's tallest car manufacturing company HQ.
Two months ago circa, Hyundai bought the land of the actual KEPCO site in Gangnam-gu at the price of 10 billions USD

Just waiting for the design

PROUD TO BE GAY.

7 AUG 2007 - 30 SEP 2014
SNSD without Jessica won't be the same anymore.

Daehanminguk, parknamwon, inno4321, Zaz965 liked this post
Seoul_Korea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2014, 08:01 AM   #169
inno4321

SAM_3954 by inno4321, on Flickr
SAM_3955 by inno4321, on Flickr
SAM_3956 by inno4321, on Flickr
SAM_3961 by inno4321, on Flickr
SAM_3962 by inno4321, on Flickr
SAM_3963 by inno4321, on Flickr
SAM_3964 by inno4321, on Flickr
SAM_3965 by inno4321, on Flickr
SAM_3966 by inno4321, on Flickr
SAM_3967 by inno4321, on Flickr
SAM_3969 by inno4321, on Flickr
SAM_3970 by inno4321, on Flickr
SAM_3974 by inno4321, on Flickr

I find ONLY THIS ONE among whole site. GUESS THIS EQUIPMENT "GEOLOGIC SURVEY"? little bit disappointed for me

round trip HYUNDAI HQ site.
though this project site little bit smaller than LWT.
But I feel very very larger site for me when i walking around by myself.
I find some people moving some stuff with truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallKnight View Post

Good explanation about USA(especially califonia)
I heard that east of USA is located on "RING OF FIRE"
Like a Japan TOKYO.

I sorry that USA cities are amazing and STANDARD of global city but hard to built supertall due to earthquake.
I thinks that los angels and most USA cities deserved to have supertall building.

Exactly Not only Seoul but also korea peninsula safety from earth quake.
Especially SEOUL very safety. and most Seoulites don't worry about earthquake(compare with Tokyo citizens)

But recently korea government more strictly guideline for built tall building about seismic design and fire escape design(but not really strict than Tokyo)

for example Lotte world tower seismic design for endure 7richter

in short korean developer just willing to spend the extra money to build supertall that can withstand an earthquake.

"Theory of Quantum Mechanics, theory of Inflation, M-theory imply Multiverses. Probably We're a part of Infinity&Nothing" inno4321

MarshallKnight, Munwon, Zaz965 liked this post
Old December 28th, 2014, 08:04 PM   #170
inno4321

Yesterday hyundai bring some promotion for change in personnel

among them especially mr kim in su who team head manager of gangnam head office project task force team's division, promotion to VICE PRESIDENT OF HYUNDAI

Which mean Hyundai conglomerate express their will for concentrated on supertall project

about this change in personnel "this years we did "big betting" on gangnam land with $10billions. because we want to built head office deserved with group's global status" say hyundai concern

KillerZavatar, Zaz965 liked this post
Old December 29th, 2014, 07:38 PM   #171
inno4321

Yesterday HYUNDAI(VICE CEO MR JUNG U SUN) AND LOTTE (VICE CEO SHIN DONG BI) MET AND NEGOTIATION&DEAL ABOUT HYUNDA&KIA HEAD OFFICIE PROJECT.(Because Hyundai have no experience for Hotel and shopping mall. they just want to concentrated on MOTORS convention)

Especially hyundai selling or give a right to control part of HOTEL AND SHOPPINGMALL IN GANGNAM PROJECT SITE to LOTTE company.

But dramatically hyundai decision to manage ALL FACILITIES BY THEMSELVES.
(Therefore HYUNDAI HQ's all building will be manged by hyunda&kia conglomerate)

Seoul_Korea, Zaz965 liked this post
Old December 29th, 2014, 10:44 PM   #172
inno4321

BREAKING NEWS

HYUNDAI OFFICIAL DECISION TO BUILT OVER 100FL HEAD OFFICE IN GANGNAM

HYUDAI ANNOUNCED TO BUILT OVER 100FL LANDMARK at HYUNDAI CONSTRUCTION HEAD OFFICE OF JONGRO DISTIRCT HAVE A CONFERENCE TO BUILT GLOBAL BUSINESS CENTER, last 18 DECEMBER

At that conference 15 major global architecture firms participated on(among them SOM OF USA AND KPF OF USA)

This supertall announced's meaning is RELFECTION OF mr jung mong gu who CEO of HYUNDAI, WANT TO BUILT SEOUL'S LANDMARK AND to BUILT HEAD OFFICE DESERVED AS GLOBAL BIG 5 CAR MANUFACTURING COMPANY.

HYUNDAI is going to selected ONE design company after received proposal design from these global architectures company. until JANUARY 2015

But according to the report only obstacle is seoul mayor's approved because there is risk that seoul mayor disallow over 100fl landmark in gangnam

Seoul_Korea, Munwon, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; December 29th, 2014 at 11:20 PM.
Old December 29th, 2014, 11:11 PM   #173
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

I'm excited to see the final design!

inno4321 liked this post
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2014, 01:12 AM   #174
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3590

I hope they make all of the architecture firms' proposals available to the public. Even though we don't get a say, I enjoy debating which ones are the best.

inno4321 liked this post
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2014, 11:52 AM   #175
Daehanminguk
대한민국 사랑해

Likes (Received): 67

So the design will be out in January?
South Korea
South Korea
Daehanminguk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2014, 12:06 PM   #176
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daehanminguk View Post
So the design will be out in January?
RIGHT BUT THAT IS BASE DESIGN
HYUNDAI IS GOING TO SELECTION ONE DESIGN AMONG THEM.
NOW 14 MAJOR GLOBAL ARCHITECTURE FIRMS WHILE WORKING FOR HYUNDAI&KIA'S SUPERTALL HEAD OFFICE . ALL OF THEM MUST DESIGN OVER 100FL BECAUSE HYUNDAI ORDER TO DESIGN OVER 100FL BUILDING(SOM/KPF TOO)

SO PROBABLY WE CAN SEE 14 DIFFERENT OVER 100FL DESIGN.(BUT I'M NOT SURE THAT HYUNDAI WHETHER DESIGN PUBLIC OPEN OR NOT)

SO WITH THAT RESULT HYUNDAI NEGOTIATION WITH SEOUL GOVERNMENT
AND CONTINUE MODIFYING AND UPDATED DETAIL DESIGN BY SEOUL'S GUIDE LINE.

NOW HYUNDAI WANT TO BUILT MUCH TALLER TOWER AS POSSIBLE AS THEY CAN.(IF SEOUL MAYOR APPROVED THEY WILL BUILT 1KM TOWER TOO) BUT SEOUL MAYOR SKEPTICAL ABOUT OVER 100FL. ACCORDING TO THE REPORT SEOUL EMPHASIS ON "THE TOWER MUST HARMONY WITH AROUND SKYLINE"(MAYBE SEOUL MAYOR THINK THAT SEOUL IS A ELEGANCE CITY LIKE A PARIS OR LONDON LOL)
WHICH MEANS THIS PROJECT'S DESTINY WILL BE TOTALLY CONTROL BY SEOUL MAYOR.

kimahrikku1, Seoul_Korea, Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by inno4321; December 30th, 2014 at 12:19 PM.
Old December 30th, 2014, 12:50 PM   #177
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8240

they want 100 floors and a twin? an uneven twin i would imagine haha
KillerZavatar está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2014, 02:37 PM   #178
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post

they want 100 floors and a twin? an uneven twin i would imagine haha

UNEVEN TWIN IS ELLIGANCE AND CREATIVE DESIGN(THOUGH I PREFERENCE MORE ONE TALL TOWER THOUGH)

IN FACT ACTUALLY SOME EXPERT EXPECTION THAT HYUNDAI WILL BE BEUIT TWIN 100FL TOWER
BUT SEOUL IS VERY CONSERVATIVE IN CONSTRUCTION DESIGN CONSIDERING.

MEANWHILE SANGAM DMC LANDMARK ANOTHER SUPERTALL PROJECT ASLO TWIN TOWER.(OPPOSITE LOCATION FROM HYUNDA SITE)

SO SAME TIME SAME TWO DIFFERENT TOWER. HYUNDAI want to distinguish from SANGAM DMC TWIN TOWER AND LOTTE WORLD TOWER

SO PROBABLY IT WILL BE TALLER THAN LOTTE WORLD TOWER(555M). PROBABLY HYUNDAI CEO DON'T WANT TO BUILT TOWER LOWER THAN LOTTE TOWER

Old December 30th, 2014, 02:56 PM   #179
kimahrikku1

Likes (Received): 6999

Thanks for the updates!

I really like Uneven Twin Towers. More so than real "symmetrical" twin towers.

I'm pretty sure that if Hyundai goes with a single Landmark tower, it will beat out Lotte in terms of height. If it's a Twin, maybe not, they could settle for 500m or so...

Can't believe how fast this project is going. They announced the project in September, KEPCO was already sent packing, geological survey already under way, designs expected as soon as January...

By the way Inno, could you try and not write in caps entire long posts. It makes reading the content harder. Thanks in advance,

kimahrikku1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2014, 03:39 PM   #180
inno4321

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimahrikku1 View Post
Thanks for the updates!

I really like Uneven Twin Towers. More so than real "symmetrical" twin towers.

I'm pretty sure that if Hyundai goes with a single Landmark tower, it will beat out Lotte in terms of height. If it's a Twin, maybe not, they could settle for 500m or so...

Can't believe how fast this project is going. They announced the project in September, KEPCO was already sent packing, geological survey already under way, designs expected as soon as January...

By the way Inno, could you try and not write in caps entire long posts. It makes reading the content harder. Thanks in advance,

I see. i'm english beginner. i want to speak and listening and write as your most SSC members.

right this is so fast track.especially they save 9 month advance schedule date than expect.

And Mr jung mong gu is very old man so he want to see real building as soon as possible.

Seoul_Korea, kimahrikku1, Zaz965 liked this post