daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 2nd, 2007, 12:35 AM   #221
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Likes (Received): 203

Taken today:

i_am_hydrogen no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 10th, 2007, 04:40 AM   #222
newtochicago

Likes (Received): 0

crane is down, cladding coming along

crane came down this weekend.
mesh in garage is really bright when the sunlight hits it.
and, dry wall is up in the lobby and painted.

newtochicago no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2007, 06:26 PM   #223
Applewood
SeaBell

Wondering...

Wondering if and when a apartment or floor of them, might be roughed out and made available for purchasers to visit, to get some feel for what they are acquiring?
Applewood no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 04:31 AM   #224
fairbanks

Closings

Hello,

I do not know if all of the purchasers on the thread have received a letter, but this weekend I was notified that I would be closing anywhere from Oct 15th to Nov 9th. This was earlier than I had expected and I am thrilled. I am in the "05" tier on the 15th floor. They said that the 41st floor will not be done until "spring 08" and that they are setting up a special arrangement with Holmes Place so we will not have to pay their initiation fee. The letter also stated that the inspection would occur anywhere from two weeks to two days prior to closing. This is the ONLY time that you can see your unit according to the letter, so I do not think there will be any sort of preview for buyers. However, if someone from the forum has an 05 or 02 and wants to see the layout/finishes or we have already been corresponding privately feel free to drop a line if you want to check out the unit after I close. In other news there are three flips already in the building. A one bedroom 1808 for 459,000 plus 50 for parking. #2705 for 649,000 plus 50,000 for parking. And a penthouse for 2.4million plus. I will keep folks abreast of any others that I track down.

Last edited by fairbanks; September 11th, 2007 at 04:32 AM. Reason: spelling
fairbanks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 04:53 AM   #225
DeaconBlue

Flips!

I'm curious, where did you find the flippers postings? I have been watching Craig's List and haven't found any. Thanks for the offer to show your place, I'm in 3405 and may be interested in checking it out sometime. Good luck with the move!
D
DeaconBlue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 03:27 PM   #226
streetervillerealtor

flips

Flips are listed by agents on the MLS...."SALE IS SUBJECT TO ORIGINAL CLOSING."
streetervillerealtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2007, 03:29 PM   #227
streetervillerealtor

Wondering...

I seriously doubt there will be any sort of model in the building itself. The building is virtually sold out so no need. Once closings begin, have your agent take you to see some of the resales.
streetervillerealtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2007, 05:10 AM   #228
newtochicago

pictures taken today

hi. here are some more pictures taken today. lots of metal in the garage up now. also see the "angle" portion of the north side of the bldg -- looks neat.

it's good to hear that closings will start in october -- very exciting!

what is holmes place?

deacon -- we're on 34 too so look forward to meeting you.

Old September 14th, 2007, 07:15 PM   #229
fairbanks

Holmes Place

Hello,

Holmes Place is the fitness club at RiverEast. It is a European chain that is very nice. Chicago is their first outpost in the States. The monthly fee is cheap, around $35 or so.
fairbanks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 15th, 2007, 03:40 AM   #230
ChgoLvr83

Likes (Received): 1

Nothing to add other than to say this tower is pure class.
Old September 15th, 2007, 04:51 AM   #231
The Urban Politician
The City

Likes (Received): 21

^ I'll have to agree.

Pardon the yelling, but:

this is a work of art
The Urban Politician no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2007, 05:44 AM   #232
mozartt
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Glass, concrete and steel join in an innovative structure for people who appreciate both fine design and exquisite engineering.
mozartt no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2007, 07:19 AM   #233
danthediscoman

Likes (Received): 1

^ PLEASE BAN!
danthediscoman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 21st, 2007, 10:11 PM   #234
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Likes (Received): 1070

From 09/18/07

From 09/20/07

Reflection of the structure in a puddle
BVictor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2007, 07:39 PM   #235
Applewood
SeaBell

Great reflection shot

I enjoy such great pics because I only get to the city every couple of weeks to see progress at 600. Looking at these, still hard to believe that some people expect closings in late Oct or early Nov. We're on 23, and they've indicated Jan./Feb. -- also seems like a longshot.
Old September 23rd, 2007, 06:21 AM   #236
geoff_diamond
Live from the Loop

Likes (Received): 2

Well, the perf. panels in the garage don't seem too horribly bad until the sunlight hits them. Then it's pure disaster .
Old September 23rd, 2007, 06:16 PM   #237
Applewood
SeaBell

perforated garage panels

As the garage screening panels, even if bright in the sun, will be uniform, it should be less objectionable than seeing rows of car hoods, roofs and garage lighting.
Old September 23rd, 2007, 07:38 PM   #238
Helmet Yawn

I love this project. It is a great building by one of the star architects of our generation. I say that first and foremost because I am quite certain that the next couple of paragraphs will be copied and taken out of context by several of you in the posts to follow.

It's just that sometimes I get the sense that a lot of you would say if Helmut Jahn suggested hanging raw meat behind the parking lot glass, you would immediately stamp it artistic and inspired. Critique works best when it is purely objective and not political.

Keep this in mind when ultimately judging this project. They completely blew off the City of Chicago's energy code which was adopted well before they went in for permit and because it was a Helmut Jahn building, they got away with it.

To architects, codes and rules in general are made to be pushed. But the enegry code should not be one of them. If SCB, Destefano, P/H, and even SOM can figure out a way to recognize the importance of it and respect its parameters, then so too should Helmut Jahn.
Helmet Yawn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2007, 07:58 PM   #239
newtochicago

energy code?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmet Yawn View Post
I love this project. It is a great building by one of the star architects of our generation. I say that first and foremost because I am quite certain that the next couple of paragraphs will be copied and taken out of context by several of you in the posts to follow.

It's just that sometimes I get the sense that a lot of you would say if Helmut Jahn suggested hanging raw meat behind the parking lot glass, you would immediately stamp it artistic and inspired. Critique works best when it is purely objective and not political.

Keep this in mind when ultimately judging this project. They completely blew off the City of Chicago's energy code which was adopted well before they went in for permit and because it was a Helmut Jahn building, they got away with it.

To architects, codes and rules in general are made to be pushed. But the enegry code should not be one of them. If SCB, Destefano, P/H, and even SOM can figure out a way to recognize the importance of it and respect its parameters, then so too should Helmut Jahn.
hi mr yawn - can you elaborate on the energy code and what you're referring to please? thanks.
Old September 26th, 2007, 08:25 AM   #240
Retrograde
Chicago

Likes (Received): 4

September 25, 2007

Retrograde no está en línea   Reply With Quote