daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 30th, 2007, 04:50 AM   #281
ChicagoPete

Likes (Received): 0

Great Photos! Thanks Fairbanks.
ChicagoPete no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 30th, 2007, 05:18 AM   #282
Chiman

Likes (Received): 1

Thanks for the pics!

I was especially curious to see the balcony -- it's really a unique railing treatment and looks like it works with minimum obstruction of your view.
Chiman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 05:36 AM   #283
ChicagoPete

Fairbanks - are those lights in the floor in the living room? Are those standard or upgrade?
ChicagoPete no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 05:56 AM   #284
fairbanks

Lights

Those are actually electrical outlets. There were many outlets throughout the unit built into the flooring. The only electrical upgrades that I did were a j-box and switch in the master and second bedroom.
fairbanks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 06:35 AM   #285
DeaconBlue

Fairbanks,
Thanks for the pics! What flooring did you choose? It looked really dark! Also, are you going to paint the concrete wall or leave it as is? Is that the finished product for how the concrete will look? It's darker then I thought it would be. How much room is there for the bed in the bedroom? I am worried that the pillar juts out enough that it will be tight for the bed. How did the high ceilings seem? Thanks for all your work!
D
DeaconBlue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 03:33 PM   #286
fairbanks

Pics

Hello Deaconblue,

I chose the Dark Oak Mocha flooring...it was dark and it looked great in the unit. The concrete is darker than I thought as well but I do not think I am going to paint it right away. The ceilings felt very high in the unit and the volume of the unit makes it feel even bigger. You are correct about the master bedroom, it will be TIGHT if you put the bed against the wall with the column there...I will have to measure more exactly, but I believe the best bet is to put it on the north wall against the column...there is a cable/internet jack in the wall which would be the place to put your desk (if you have one in your bedroom). Like I said, the total finish work on the unit seemed very good and two other people who went with me agreed. I cannot wait to see the lobby furniture this week. Wolin-Levin is the management company and has experience with other buildings I have lived in, The Pearson and they also do 340 On the Park. I am hoping that they get our building off to a great start. By the way,the parking garage looked GREAT from the inside...it seemed very light and orderly. You can take the elevators straight from the garage to your unit floor which is a big deal, as in most new construction you cannot.
Old October 30th, 2007, 04:50 PM   #287
streetervillerealtor

walk throughs

Hi Everyone,

I have been through the building (into 3 units) and everything looks great! I have worked with new construction in the past and 600 N Fairbanks is in great shape for closings. You truly feel like you are floating over the city from inside the units. Excellent work! I look forward to selling some of the units!
streetervillerealtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 07:28 PM   #288
Lucky Lefty

Hi Fairbanks! First I would like to commend you on your selections. You truly have exceptional taste. From the looks of your pictures, it seems I can put my fears to rest. It appears the quality of the finishes are up to par. I too purchased an 05 tier. Was the concrete wall an upgrade? I ask because I too wanted that side of the wall to be exposed concrete but was told that would not be possible. Personally, I think you should leave it exposed and not paint it. How was the elevator(space, flooring, color)? Any pics of the lobby? About what size bed do you think would fit in the masterbedroom without it feeling cluttered? Lastly, is the second bedroom large enough for a media room? I know its only 11X11 feet, but what was the sense when you walked into the second bedroom. I ask this because I would definitely like to use that space as a media room. Could it house a 65" Flat panel television with surround sound stand-up speakers and lounge seating for 3? I know these are a boatload of questions but would really appreciate any answers. Thanks in advance!
Lucky Lefty no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 08:28 PM   #289
NSullivan
NSullivan

I purchased a unit in the 07 tier and we are doing our walkthrough this Thursday. I will try to take pictures of the lobby as well as our unit for all to see.
NSullivan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 09:33 PM   #290
WinnipegPatriot

Likes (Received): 258

Nice unit Fairbanks....I especially love the white marble...timeless!!!
WinnipegPatriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2007, 11:38 PM   #291
fairbanks

Unit questions

Thanks Lucky Lefty....

The concrete wall is NOT an upgrade..it will be standard in your 05 as well. The concrete is great...it is dark though and very rough looking...but I love it and will leave it untouched. The elevators have stainless walls and will have stainless flooring according to J. Sweas. The lobby should be ready for viewing on wed/thurs since the furniture will be in place...they are putting FOUR flat screens in the lobby for the art installation. The hallways also had the concrete wall and dark striped carpeting.
I think a 65inch plasma would be too large since your viewing distance would only be about 8/9 feet away...I would say a 37-42inch LCD would be the largest you could have in the room. The master bedroom can handle any size bed, but I would keep it to a queen size if you want a desk and do not want to block a lot of the windows. The room is long but it is a bit narrow. When I move in (Nov. 8th) I will take more pictures of the lobby and any other unit I can sneak into that is different! LOL! I cannot wait to see the pictures of the "07" tier as well...

Thanks
Old October 31st, 2007, 12:48 AM   #292
DeaconBlue

I'm jealous, I don't get to move in until March/April! I want to move in now!
D
DeaconBlue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 03:23 AM   #293
newtochicago

party!

thanks for the pics fairbanks -- your unit looks great and we're jealous that we can't see ours yet... so we're assuming you'll be having a big party on the 9th?

any other pictures will be appreciated from anyone -- especially if you're in an 08 or 09 unit.

one q -- were you able to get a high-efficiency front-loading washer/dryer into the closet?
newtochicago no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2007, 06:37 AM   #294
fairbanks

Washer/Dryer

I have been investigating washer/dryers....in the "05" tier there is room for a small side-by-side if you want to sacrifice coat closet space. I am going to opt for a stackable. I have to call ABT or Lowes and see if Bosch has an appropriate gas dryer to go with their Axxis washer...if anyone has information please let me know. I was so busy coordinating my move from one highrise to another today, I didn't have the energy to call ABT. I will post info that I get concerning the washer/dryer situation as soon as I have some. I did see ABT had 5% off their regular prices right now....

Newtochicago...I am sure that your unit will have great views! I am only on 15 and I was pleasantly surprised with my NW view at that height . I am really not a view person ( after my place at Riverbend everything else doesn't compete), but I believe that the building will afford its residents some great city and lake vistas.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 12:14 AM   #295
NSullivan
NSullivan

07 tier photos

Hi All-
I'm new to skyscraper city and I'm not sure how to post pictures. Can someone let me know how? I have pics of the lobby as well as my 07 tier unit.
Old November 2nd, 2007, 12:25 AM   #296
newtochicago

lobby

furniture is in
this is what some of the chairs are like (not these colors)

Old November 2nd, 2007, 12:27 AM   #297
newtochicago

posting pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSullivan View Post
Hi All-
I'm new to skyscraper city and I'm not sure how to post pictures. Can someone let me know how? I have pics of the lobby as well as my 07 tier unit.

Register at the site below and post and then use the link for posting pics to "forums": http://www.imageshack.us/

thanks!
Old November 2nd, 2007, 02:02 AM   #298
Chiman

Likes (Received): 1

I'm not a huge fan of this building, but I think the lobby is shaping up just fine. It is stark and honest. The furniture makes a big difference, and it's not even finished yet.

Pardon the reflection from the glass, but here are a couple of views from the sidewalk...

Chiman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2007, 02:05 AM   #299
fairbanks

Lobby

The chairs in the lobby (armless) are from Ligne Roset
They are set up in two groups of two around the curve. Each set has a wood table between them. The main area has a fabulous (but totally impractical) white leather sofa and a custom table. The lobby looks very modern and sleek. It definitely makes a statement.
Good luck with posting the pics NSullivan. What are your reactions to your unit and the lobby?
Old November 2nd, 2007, 02:42 AM   #300
NSullivan
NSullivan

Lobby