daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 7th, 2007, 01:48 AM   #321
bobablob

Likes (Received): 0

I've never seen forumers pay such close attention to details of highrises in our great city. There's something special about this project. It exudes quality.
bobablob no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 7th, 2007, 06:17 AM   #322
Lucky Lefty

What brand of flat panel televisions are they putting in the lobby? Please tell me its Pioneer, Sony, or Bang Olufsen.

Last edited by Lucky Lefty; November 7th, 2007 at 07:57 AM.
Lucky Lefty no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 03:14 PM   #323
fairbanks

TV's

Hello Lucky,

They have four Pioneer televisions in the lobby...the installation looks great.
I closed yesterday and moved in a few groceries! The closing was very smooth. I will try to take pictures of other layouts when I get settled. If anyone has other questions please let me know!
fairbanks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 05:23 PM   #324
monil

sprinklers

Do the units have fire sprinklers? I did not see them in any of the pictures.

For the one br units do u find there is room for a couch and small dining table w. 4 chairs?
monil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2007, 11:13 PM   #325
fairbanks

sprinklers

Hello Monil,

The units have many sprinklers as dicatated by fire code. I think the dining table question depends on the size of the one bedroom. The larger ones should not have a problem, especially with a round table. I did not see the smallest floorplan as they are the last to be finished as a result of the construction elevator placement. The one bedrooms had a very cool frosty greenish glass door (which slides on rollers) to separate the water closet...it looks nice.
Old November 8th, 2007, 03:06 AM   #326
Lucky Lefty

Thanks Fairbanks with your prompt response. You made my day with that answer. I wonder if they're the plasmas from pioneer's new Kuro line. Regardless, pioneer makes the best televisions on the market. Also, regarding the washer/dryer storage area. I opted out of the offered unit and for those who did the same, what are you planning to use? I would like to use a Miele washer/dryer but was told that would not be possible due to an incompatibility issue with the wattage. Can anyone delve further into this and is there anyway around it. Thanks in advance!
Old November 8th, 2007, 03:15 AM   #327
Lucky Lefty

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobablob View Post
I've never seen forumers pay such close attention to details of highrises in our great city. There's something special about this project. It exudes quality.

Thanks for the compliments Bobablob. Interesting name by the way. Have you ever heard the song "Lucifer" by Jay-Z? He references that name.
Old November 8th, 2007, 03:39 PM   #328
streetervillerealtor

washer/dryer

My clients are investigating the Bosch Axxis stackable and the LG Tromm (a bit pricier but much larger and still fits in the closet space).
streetervillerealtor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 04:36 PM   #329
The Urban Politician
The City

Likes (Received): 21

Not to get picky, guys, but it seems like the shift of this thread has been towards sundry little details about interiors, appliances, etc.

Perhaps you guys can PM eachother some of these things? I'm really much more interested in the actual building, its design & construction, etc etc
The Urban Politician no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 05:42 PM   #330
MWR

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Urban Politician View Post
Not to get picky, guys, but it seems like the shift of this thread has been towards sundry little details about interiors, appliances, etc.

Perhaps you guys can PM eachother some of these things? I'm really much more interested in the actual building, its design & construction, etc etc
I enjoy seeing the interior pictures. Afterall the interior is part of the design of the building too! The interior pictures are an opportunity that we do not always get to see.

Last edited by MWR; November 8th, 2007 at 05:52 PM.
MWR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 07:31 PM   #331
newtochicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetervillerealtor View Post
My clients are investigating the Bosch Axxis stackable and the LG Tromm (a bit pricier but much larger and still fits in the closet space).
the lg is more expensive that the bosch? please let us know what they find out and what fits. thanks.
newtochicago no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 08:27 PM   #332
fairbanks

Washer/Dryer

Hello Newtochicago and LuckyLefty,

The units are set up to have an electric washer and a GAS dryer. Bosch does NOT do a gas dryer to match the Axxis Washer so you would have to call in an electrician. In addition, they are SMALL capacity.

I JUST purchased the LG TROMM in Cherry Red (Steamwasher, Gas Dryer) from ABT...They are only 29 3/4 inches deep and 27 inches wide. They are pricier than the Bosch but they get great reviews and have a MUCH larger capacity.

My movers come today. The front desk and manager (Zorica) have been helpful thus far. It is SO great to have the Dominick's, Trader Joes and FOX/OBEL so close!
Old November 9th, 2007, 02:11 AM   #333
monil

Owner's forum

I was thinking it may be a good idea to create a new owner's forum. I know 340 on the park has one but can't find it right now.
Old November 9th, 2007, 05:29 AM   #334
Chiman

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Urban Politician View Post

Got to agree with this -- the color of your Maytag isn't really a part of the building's architecture.
Chiman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2007, 02:58 PM   #335
Chiman

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by monil View Post
I was thinking it may be a good idea to create a new owner's forum. I know 340 on the park has one but can't find it right now.
Here's the address to a 340 On the Park forum -- don't know if it's the one you saw.

http://www.340otp.com/

It's really very interesting and a good way to exchange the kind of practical info that owners would want to share about the nuts and bolts of the building.

Anyone know who hosts it? Seems like something like this for 600 North Fairbanks would be useful.
Chiman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2007, 09:09 PM   #336
Flubnut
4th Level of Hades

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiman View Post
Anyone know who hosts it?
It looks like it was started by a real estate agent: Victoria Carton of @Properties. They also own the (very similar) site www.340owners.com. I'm guessing she is hoping the sites will generate new business for her, but it looks like the forums themselves are actually used quite a bit. (Found another site of hers, with links to other LSE forums: www.lsesales.com)
Flubnut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 9th, 2007, 09:45 PM   #337
monil

owners forum

Perhaps our new building management could help set it up.
Old November 14th, 2007, 05:19 AM   #338
DeaconBlue

Fairbanks, how long before move in time did you get your closing notice?
D
DeaconBlue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2007, 02:09 AM   #339
Retrograde
Chicago

Likes (Received): 4

November 14, 2007

Retrograde no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2007, 02:45 PM   #340
monil

New owners forum