daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 24th, 2007, 04:14 AM   #141
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

Nice photos and views.
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 5th, 2007, 04:59 AM   #142
fairbanks

Likes (Received): 0

Garage is being cladded!

Hello to all with interest in this building!

I walked by today and saw that they are using the same beautiful glass to encase the garage as the rest of the building. They have the lobby and two floors of the parking structure complete. I was under the assumption that they were using the metal sheeting that I saw in the sales center to enclose the garage. I did see some sheeting but only a narrow band to hide the concrete flooring from view from the side. I wonder if they are going to leave the glass as-is or are they installing the metal sheeting in back of the glass? I hope they just leave the glass alone since I think it would be great to see the cars in the garage ( like Contemporaine). There are only eleven units available in the building. A special hello to all my future neighbors who follow this site!
fairbanks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2007, 06:37 AM   #143
geoff_diamond
Live from the Loop

Likes (Received): 2

Yum. Succulent garage.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Last edited by geoff_diamond; July 8th, 2007 at 06:45 AM.
geoff_diamond no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2007, 04:51 PM   #144
Chiman

Likes (Received): 1

Interested to see how the top is finished. This photo from yesterday looks closer to the really old rendering (back when it had the awesome garage ramp) than to the recent renderings or the salesroom model.

Note the double railing effect up top.

image hosted on flickr

Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheLoop View Post
Chiman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2007, 01:53 AM   #145
Helmet Yawn

Nice pics, Chiman.
My namesake is definitely a pro. Let's just say this is definitely not an SRO on Clybourn.

You take any pics of 600 Lakeshore Dr. lately?
I did, but I'm not to sure how to upload them to be honest.
Helmet Yawn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2007, 02:48 AM   #146
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Likes (Received): 203

1) Go to www.imageshack.us
2) Upload the photos (one by one) from your hard drive (click browse, then host it!)
3) Copy and paste the info in the "Hotlink for Forums" field into the message window here at SSC
Old July 10th, 2007, 04:22 AM   #147
DeaconBlue

The top four floors will have a different balcony pattern than the old renderings. The 3 right-angle corners will all be open balconies and I think it will look really cool. As for the garage, I was told that the metallic grating would be put behind the glass but perhaps it won't go all the way up. Looking forward to seeing the final product, I just wish the interiors were not already behind schedule!
D
DeaconBlue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2007, 03:47 PM   #148
fairbanks

Interiors

Hello Deaconblue,

I just got a letter through the mail stating that they are anticipating closing on my unit in Nov/Dec. I am on a lower floor, however, I would think that the interiors are not that far behind schedule unless they are waiting on supplies and/or labor.

I am very curious to see how the top of the building looks. I am SO glad that the mechanical box is masked. Right now I stare at MOMO and cannot believe the two huge boxes that just sit at the top of the building.

The metal cladding behind the garage glass will look great. If the lighting in the garage is sufficient the effect through the mesh will be great at night.
Old July 10th, 2007, 04:32 PM   #149
DeaconBlue

I am on the 34th floor and orginally they said March, now they are saying April/May (I got the letter too). Oh well, projects like this are never on time. I'm just glad I'm not trying to flip my unit, it will be interesting to see if the market will support the prices they want...I think the mesh will look really good- I think overall the building is coming out much better than I anticipated, and I had high expectations!

I have a logistical question for you- what are you doing for shelving/storage in the bathroom? One design flaw in my unit is that the mirror doesn't open up so there is no storage and I think I'm going to have to get custom baskets build for the cabinet! Really annoying!
D
DeaconBlue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2007, 04:52 PM   #150
newtochicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairbanks View Post
Hello to all with interest in this building!

I walked by today and saw that they are using the same beautiful glass to encase the garage as the rest of the building. They have the lobby and two floors of the parking structure complete. I was under the assumption that they were using the metal sheeting that I saw in the sales center to enclose the garage. I did see some sheeting but only a narrow band to hide the concrete flooring from view from the side. I wonder if they are going to leave the glass as-is or are they installing the metal sheeting in back of the glass? I hope they just leave the glass alone since I think it would be great to see the cars in the garage ( like Contemporaine). There are only eleven units available in the building. A special hello to all my future neighbors who follow this site!
Hi. We just bought a south-facing 1 bedroom this weekend and were told that the garage will have glass with the metal cladding inside the glass. So you'll be able to see motion behind the glass.
newtochicago no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2007, 04:59 PM   #151
newtochicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconBlue View Post
I am on the 34th floor and orginally they said March, now they are saying April/May (I got the letter too). Oh well, projects like this are never on time. I'm just glad I'm not trying to flip my unit, it will be interesting to see if the market will support the prices they want...I think the mesh will look really good- I think overall the building is coming out much better than I anticipated, and I had high expectations!

I have a logistical question for you- what are you doing for shelving/storage in the bathroom? One design flaw in my unit is that the mirror doesn't open up so there is no storage and I think I'm going to have to get custom baskets build for the cabinet! Really annoying!
D
Hi Deacon -- We're on the 34th floor too.

As for the bathroom storage, i have seen some pretty high-end medicine cabinets that are long and thin and can go on the wall. The sales center also mentioned that there are drawers that can be built into the bathroom cabinet under the sink.

When we signed the contract this weekend they told us to anticipate closing +/- April 15th and that they believe they're still on schedule for that date.
Old July 10th, 2007, 10:06 PM   #152
Chiman

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmet Yawn View Post
...My namesake is definitely a pro. Let's just say this is definitely not an SRO on Clybourn....
Maybe Mr. Jahn should design an SRO project for Streeterville just to send S.O.A.R. into apoplexy. (I have to admit that I didn’t know about the building on Clybourn and Division – I’ve got to go check it out – it looks interesting.)
Chiman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 10:05 PM   #153
fairbanks

Bathroom storage

Congratulations on your new purchase "newtochicago"!

The lack of a linen closet in the two bedroom "05" tier is a small issue.
I think I am going to wait to feel the space before I decide whether to get a cabinet, organize the present cabinet or both! I am excited to actually have natural light in the bathroom with the giant window. I do not intend to "flip" my unit either...I am excited to actually LIVE in the building. We are lucky our construction is on time...535 N. St. Clair is way behind schedule (they had some issue with their windows).

Did everyone pick the limestone counters for the kitchen? They look great, but I am hearing they are a bit of work to maintain.

We also need to think about what washer/dryer will fit the space. I did NOT get the one that they offered as I was hoping to find a better brand.
Old July 12th, 2007, 12:49 AM   #154
Helmet Yawn

SOAR.....more like sore.
Helmet Yawn no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 04:03 AM   #155
ardecila
Jack-Of-All-Trades

fairbanks - Hmm, I wonder if 600 North Fairbanks is the project that bought all of our limestone?

We're in the middle of a bathroom renovation, including a French-limestone tub countertop. The stone guys we worked with told us they sold all of their limestone to a "new downtown highrise" but 2 months later they called us back and informed us that the developers had overestimated, so some stone had become available. We had it installed promptly, and it looks great.

Maintenance is really not a problem.. from my experience, all the horror stories are extremely overblown.
ardecila no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 08:23 PM   #156
newtochicago

we haven't gone through the selection process yet but we are planning on going with the limestone. have been reading about it and i'm not sure it'll be that much more maintenance than granite. we'll see...
Old July 14th, 2007, 05:00 AM   #157
fairbanks

Finishes

Hello,

Thanks for the reassuring words regarding the limestone. I think that the material looked great in the sales center so I decided to go with it up the entire backsplash as well. Has anyone seen a mock-up of the hallways or lobby? The public spaces are so important to the overall quality of the building. I am also excited about the "green roof" and heated dog run. I have not seen any flip ads for the building except for a one bedroom on Craigslist. I noticed that the only "02" tier (NE corner two bedroom) that was available (on a high floor) is now pending at 690,000 and change plus parking.

Was anyone at the event on the 32nd floor that was held recently? It seems to have been a press event more than anything else. I would have loved to have seen the glass and views up close.
Old July 17th, 2007, 02:10 AM   #158
newtochicago

Quote:
Originally Posted by fairbanks View Post
Hello,

Thanks for the reassuring words regarding the limestone. I think that the material looked great in the sales center so I decided to go with it up the entire backsplash as well. Has anyone seen a mock-up of the hallways or lobby? The public spaces are so important to the overall quality of the building. I am also excited about the "green roof" and heated dog run. I have not seen any flip ads for the building except for a one bedroom on Craigslist. I noticed that the only "02" tier (NE corner two bedroom) that was available (on a high floor) is now pending at 690,000 and change plus parking.

Was anyone at the event on the 32nd floor that was held recently? It seems to have been a press event more than anything else. I would have loved to have seen the glass and views up close.
when we signed we asked about the public spaces beyond the lobby. apparently the hallway is going to have a natural colored carpeting that will have other colors in it (does that make sense?). and the doors to the apartments will be natural wood although the inside of the door will be white. other than that nothing much.

supposed to go thru selections this week where they'll apparently have more to share about the common spaces -- will let you know what we learn, if anything.
Old July 21st, 2007, 05:44 PM   #159
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 57900

^ Any new pics? Would be interested if the cladding is finished right now

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2007, 05:16 AM   #160
ardecila
Jack-Of-All-Trades

Not quite yet. I'll give it another 2-3 weeks before cladding is finished.
ardecila no está en línea   Reply With Quote