daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 12th, 2007, 02:39 AM   #141
danthediscoman

Likes (Received): 1

Sales center is suppose to be opening in March according to a Canyon Ranch person (finally).
danthediscoman no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2007, 03:38 AM   #142
megatower
BANNED

Likes (Received): 34

i love this building
megatower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2007, 12:34 AM   #143
danthediscoman

Good News! its now UNDER CONSTRUCTION...the sales center that is. Where? who knows, she didn't say when she emailed me back, and opening is expected in April now instead of March.
Old March 9th, 2007, 01:25 AM   #144
Chi649

Likes (Received): 12

Did they drill the caissons for the sales center yet?
Chi649 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2007, 11:38 PM   #145
i_am_hydrogen
muted

Likes (Received): 203

Canyon Ranch to treat River North
NewcitySkyline
Thursday, May 10, 2007

Chicago, IL, US - As one of about 20 for-sale residential developments in River North, the planned hotel and condo tower at 680 North Rush is now taking reservations for what will soon be Canyon Ranch Living Chicago, an extension of the award-winning health resort and living community chain first started in Tucson, Arizona.

Related Midwest, formerly LR Development Company, is developing the building as an addition to its Chicago portfolio, including Park Tower at 800 North Michigan Avenue, The Mayfair on East Lake Shore Drive, 840 North Lake Shore Drive and 340 on the Park.

Read more at NewcitySkyline
i_am_hydrogen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 06:12 AM   #146
ricardo

Prices start at $800.000 . I rather go to the chicago spire and have a great view. I do like the building, but the condos are very expensive . There are
alot of new construction around that area with lower prices.
ricardo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2007, 07:41 PM   #147
trvlr70

Likes (Received): 0

This is a quite glam project for Chicago. There was a similar development in the D.C. area, but apparently it's been cancelled.
trvlr70 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 05:28 AM   #148
stylusx

Righto, ricardo....
At this price point there are way WAY better deals with better views. RM has made a big mistake here. To go this far upscale during a condo glut is foolish. C'mon, $800 per sq. ft. and $500 per month to use the pool?
stylusx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 07:30 AM   #149
Chi_Coruscant

Quote:
Originally Posted by danthediscoman View Post
Good News! its now UNDER CONSTRUCTION...the sales center that is. Where? who knows, she didn't say when she emailed me back, and opening is expected in April now instead of March.
Has the sales office opened? This is May. How many units have been sold? Inquiring mind wants to know.
Chi_Coruscant no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 18th, 2007, 07:41 AM   #150
danthediscoman

^YES it is open but who knows what those pompous sales idiots are doing, if they won't even let someone photograph their model in the sales room I wouldn't trust anything they say regarding sales percentage, with those idiots at the helm of the sales this is surely doomed.
Old May 18th, 2007, 03:04 PM   #151
stylusx

Quote:
^YES it is open but who knows what those pompous sales idiots are doing, if they won't even let someone photograph their model in the sales room I wouldn't trust anything they say regarding sales percentage, with those idiots at the helm of the sales this is surely doomed.
I wonder if the reluctance from the sales office has anything to do with the current market conditions. No brochures have been sent out either. This is an interesting quote from "The Daily Morgage" blog...that explains some of the pain in this market....

"A deeper search shows that 3,131, or 21.8%, of the 14,351 LS-listed condos for sale in Chicago have been listed for at least six months as of today. Of those, 74.4% belong to developers."

"It's no wonder that developers are putting a halt to construction downtown -- rents should be cheaper over the next few years, supply outlasts demand, and hasty homeowners keep dropping the relative value of condos as they sell into an oversold market."
Old May 19th, 2007, 07:36 PM   #152
BVictor1
Chicago's #1 Fan

Likes (Received): 882

These images weren't taken by me, but I'd like to share them none the less...

BVictor1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2007, 07:51 PM   #153
danthediscoman

^WHAT!? HOW?! Whoever took em' must of snuck some photos while they weren't looking.
Old June 10th, 2007, 05:41 AM   #154
stylusx

Canyon Ranch has quit advertising......

Quote:
The 'pompous sales idiots' may be throwing in the towel on this project already. They have quit advertising...at a time where Trump and the other current buildings are pulling out all the marketing stops. Maybe their luke-warm reception to information seekers fortells their doom...

The last advertising they did forgot to mention the address of the project. No wonder. Anyone that knows the area can see that the building would look into 55 E. Erie, the Omni Hotel, the Pinnacle, and 30 E. Huron. This may be an interesting building design...but this is the wrong location and the wrong time to build it.
Old June 10th, 2007, 05:45 AM   #155
stylusx

Why did the D.C. project die?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trvlr70 View Post
This is a quite glam project for Chicago. There was a similar development in the D.C. area, but apparently it's been cancelled.
Any idea why the D.C. project bit the dust? I can't see the economics in Chicago working any better than D.C. for Canyon. Actually, according to Forbes, the zip 60611 is the second worst in the country for condo sales/investment. The market is that damaged.
Old June 10th, 2007, 09:03 AM   #156
Dale

Likes (Received): 5505

The Canyon Ranch project in Miami Beach seems to be going great guns. Related is usually good as gold. As far as I know, Vegas has been the only nut they couldn't crack.
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2007, 02:45 AM   #157
geoff_diamond
Live from the Loop

Likes (Received): 2

Well, the Miami market is where we were five years ago. If they had gotten this one off the ground (no pun intended) a little sooner, they might have survived.

It's a damn shame, I love this tower.
Old June 11th, 2007, 03:03 AM   #158
The Urban Politician
The City

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff_diamond View Post
Well, the Miami market is where we were five years ago. If they had gotten this one off the ground (no pun intended) a little sooner, they might have survived.

It's a damn shame, I love this tower.
^ Why are people pronouncing this project's death so quickly? This is ridiculous
The Urban Politician no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 03:40 AM   #159
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

The website has been updated according to SSP

^Love the night rendering, you don't see those too often sadly.
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2007, 05:27 PM   #160
danthediscoman

This is gorgous!