SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Planet Cappadocia! Turkey

12K views 56 replies 15 participants last post by  openlyJane 
#1 · (Edited)
C a p p a d o c i a is one of the wonders of the world!
It is the result of the natural forces during the intense volcanic activity around 30 million years ago! All these volcanic earthquakes gives amazing layers in the mountain landscape with crazy forms and natural colors!

Another name I give Cappadocia is The Flintstones :) Today Cappadocia (750km from Istanbul and 300km from Ankara) is (also in the UNESCO World Heritage Centre list) and it is one of the most popular, beautiful and adventurous travel destination of the world! :love:

! With amazing and unique 5* cave-resorts, quad/cycle action toursports, museums, valley/safari tours, underground cities and Hot air balloons (each morning more than 60 balloons) what makes Cappadocia (Kapadokya) (popular cities: Göreme, Uçhisar and Ürgüp) in Central Turkey a must-see/and explore destination! :shocked:

Are you ready to follow a miraculous and wonderful Cappadocia-tour by land and air through my lens?

___Let's start! Flying +/- 1 km above ground!

Photo: www.facebook.com/semixphotography
___For me it was/is like a dream...

___There rise every morning around 60-70 balloons... I had nice air-neighbors from all over the world :)

___Flying over others hot air balloons and Cappadocia. This part was unbelievable crazy!!

___How do you feel now? This is just a little part of the adventure... Moreee photos will follow!

See less See more
#6 ·
I'm glad you like it! Thanks for your interest!

Indeed fantastic, very nice photos :cheers:
Thank you!

A place I've always wanted to visit. Great shots!
A place you will always visit after you come for the first time... Thanks!

Hehe I stayed here for about one week and I was too lazy to go up early for a balloon ride :p
Really interesting :) I hope you can taste one day this amazing spectacle you never forget...

___Between 04:30-05:00 AM. Let the journey begin! Are you coming Erhan? :)

#12 ·
___Uçhisar town with it's Castle is the tallest point in Cappadocia. A great location for an amazing panoramic view over the wonderful and unique Cappadocia area. The layers of the mountains... The valleys inside... The beautiful nature... And in the early morning the hot air balloons everywhere! :nuts: :)
In the evening you can see big (laser)lights in the air of difference cave resorts/hotels and entertainment/disco's.

#13 ·
#17 ·
In bad weather conditions and also in the night when it is (enormously) dark it is dangerous to fly with a hot-air-balloon (specially in the Cappadocia area). These balloons (can) reach a meter of 1500/2000 meter here and it is irresponsible to practice than! So in many gusts or darkness it is risk full specially when you land or fly between these unique and amazing mountains...
And by the way... How you want to enjoy this beautiful view like a bird in the night? :)

#21 ·
#35 ·
Be ready for your unforgatteble moments than!

Each morning you can see more than 60-70 hot air balloons in the air. It is like ufo's everywhere! Don't come back without a hot air balloon trip! These trips are not like in other countries. The original Cappadocia area have a amazing and unique landscape what you only can find here! Like my first post here:

It is the result of the natural forces during the intense volcanic activity around 30 million years ago! All these volcanic earthquakes gives amazing layers in the mountain landscape with crazy forms and natural colors!
Another name I give Cappadocia is The Flintstones Today Cappadocia (750km from Istanbul and 300km from Ankara) is (also in the UNESCO World Heritage Centre list) and it is one of the most popular, beautiful and adventurous travel destination of the world! With amazing and unique 5* cave-resorts, quad/cycle action toursports, museums, valley/safari tours, underground cities and Hot air balloons (each morning more than 60 balloons) what makes Cappadocia (Kapadokya) (popular cities: Göreme, Uçhisar and Ürgüp) in Central Turkey a must-see/and explore destination!

The next thing I advice you is to stay in a cave resort! Goreme city (and also in Uçhisar and Ürgüp) you can find much of these resorts! (Also popular worldhotels).

... Than we have the wonderful and adventerous valleys that you need to visit/walk (or with a sportive cycle of Motor/Quad in the normal valleys) and the underground citys... + historical churches and mosques... http://www.goreme.com/places-to-see-in-cappadocia.php

All with all, In Cappadocia you need to be ready for the beautiful and amazing thing/moments you will experience. Don't forget extra accu's/batterys for your camera...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.