daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 31st, 2014, 10:45 AM   #1
antiguogrumete

Likes (Received): 123

Boeing 787 vs Airbus A350

Two different paths followed by the most important companies to manufacture the commercial aircraft of the future, which ultimately are very similar:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixeYhI-33mQ
antiguogrumete no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2014, 11:09 AM   #2
nossiano

Likes (Received): 114

I think the B787 and the A350 are two different airplanes with two different markets... the B787 is a big middle-size wide body, the A350 is a small big-size widebody. Both aircrafts are great, innovative and both are cleaner than the old aircrafts... If they had been on the same market, they wouldn't have so many orders.
nossiano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2014, 04:53 PM   #3
PiotrG
庶民サンプル

Oh my God. War is coming,

GEwinnen, Porteρo Mediterraneo liked this post
PiotrG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2014, 07:30 PM   #4
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11258

I think those two already have their own threads here... why create a new one comparing those two when you've got two dedicated threads on each of those aircraft types?

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill

nossiano, EK413 liked this post
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 31st, 2014, 09:13 PM   #5
PiotrG
庶民サンプル

For flame.

aleksandar_s liked this post
PiotrG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2014, 12:34 PM   #6
BoomBoomPoow
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Airbus A350
BoomBoomPoow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2015, 01:41 PM   #7
audi2111

Been on both with Qatar airways, and the A350XWB is more comfortable (In Economy).
audi2111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2015, 12:07 AM   #8
Manazir

Likes (Received): 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi2111 View Post
Been on both with Qatar airways, and the A350XWB is more comfortable (In Economy).
Well, please do share your experience on both and what makes them different and so on

My recently started Travel Blog
Manazir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2015, 02:52 AM   #9
nonotz
Antek Changi

Likes (Received): 75

Airbus is the best !

*grabbing popcorn*
nonotz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2015, 03:41 AM   #10
spirals
BANNED

Likes (Received): 207

spirals no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2015, 10:32 AM   #11
Dam

Likes (Received): 129

Seat width is kinda important, lately, when I flew an a380 to Dubai and a 777 onwards, this was quite obvious, the A380 was much more comfortable than the the narrower 777 with 3-4-3 aswell. This was also obvious to me when I flew a 787 a while later. Not having flown a a350, but just based on this knowledge alone, the a350 must be more comfortable!
Dam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2015, 10:53 AM   #12
Severiano

Likes (Received): 756

I have been on a Boeing 787, but not an Airbus A350. It will probably be a while before I get on the A350. That being said the 787 was one of the best planes I have ever flown on. I also like the A380 too.
Severiano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 11:53 PM   #13
Manazir

Likes (Received): 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonotz View Post
Airbus is the best !

*grabbing popcorn*
NOPE! Boeing!

Anyways, this kind of argument is pointless, both made and makes awesome aircraft. But design-wise, Boeing looks much nicer

My recently started Travel Blog
Manazir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2015, 12:22 AM   #14
Shenkey

Likes (Received): 2101

The shades make A350 cooler.
Shenkey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2015, 10:45 AM   #15
audi2111

Well my priorities in economy class are entertainment and seat. The entertainment I felt was slightly more responsive on the A350, although they are the same system I believe. The main thing was the seat. I traveled with my 5 year old daughter on both flights, and was lucky to have the 3rd seat free between us, but I felt the 787 would be more cramped in terms of legroom, and width. Everything else I felt was quite similar, and nothing to write home about. They are both incredible, and Qatar Airways deserves their 5 star rating.
audi2111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2015, 07:59 PM   #16
BBMW

Likes (Received): 35

You shouldn't be comparing the A350 to just the 787. You have to compare the A350, and now the A330NEO to both the 787 and the 777X. Boeing's strategy is to have two aircraft to cover the widebody twinjet market. This gives the airlines a lot of flexibility in what they can get.

Originally Airbus wanted to use one plane to cover the entire market going forward. But this didn't work. The 787 covered the smaller end better, and the 777X covered the larger end better. To try and quickly patch up some of the holes in their line, AB quickly threw together the concept of the A330NEO. This give them an offering at the smaller end. But compared to the 787, it's a weak, old tech offering. Some A330 operators will like it, especially since they can get it quickly compared to when they can get new delivery on new 787 orders. But it will likely get far less orders fade away long before the 787. And t still have the hole at the large end. The A380 is too large and, with four engines, too inefficient. It's rapidly becoming a white elephant. EK loves it, but they alone can't keep it going much longer.

Boeing has the better product line in the widebody market.
BBMW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2015, 09:19 PM   #17
SounderUW

Likes (Received): 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by audi2111 View Post
Well my priorities in economy class are entertainment and seat. The entertainment I felt was slightly more responsive on the A350, although they are the same system I believe. The main thing was the seat. I traveled with my 5 year old daughter on both flights, and was lucky to have the 3rd seat free between us, but I felt the 787 would be more cramped in terms of legroom, and width. Everything else I felt was quite similar, and nothing to write home about. They are both incredible, and Qatar Airways deserves their 5 star rating.
Worth noting that most differences in the seat and such are going to vary airline by airline, as they're the one's ultimately making seat decisions, not Boeing and Airbus.
SounderUW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2015, 10:07 PM   #18
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11258

All right... let's keep this discussion safe, sane, and civil. I understand there will always be differences between aircraft, especially on the cabin interiors, but, I want to make sure that we need to discipline ourselves to avoid degrading this thread into an argumentative, fighting discussion.

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2015, 11:23 PM   #19
PIA777

Likes (Received): 4184

787 is more pleasing to the eyes (Etihad 789 is just gorgeous).
Old February 13th, 2015, 10:58 AM   #20
Dam

Likes (Received): 129

Quote:
Originally Posted by SounderUW View Post
Worth noting that most differences in the seat and such are going to vary airline by airline, as they're the one's ultimately making seat decisions, not Boeing and Airbus.
Well, yes and no, they can only do so within restrictions, most important, the cabin width: 3-3-3 in a 787 results in narrower seats than on an a350. 3-4-3 on a 777, same story, but with the 777x Boeing did widen the cabin, so then 3-4-3 also gives 18", like 3-3-3 on an a350. Of course width is not the only factor in seat comfort, but I did notice how important a little change in width had on comfort.

ScuderiaVincero liked this post
Dam no está en línea   Reply With Quote