daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers > Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 7th, 2015, 10:35 PM   #21
Eric Offereins
The only way is up

Likes (Received): 28178

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertical_Gotham View Post
I agree & If they don't, the current owner better re-clad that sucker.
Selling it would be a win win situation for both.
The site is too small for another tower and a major overhaul or reclad is expensive.

Sponsored Links
Old April 7th, 2015, 10:51 PM   #22
Vertical_Gotham

Likes (Received): 6488

Yea. Lets hope for the best for that thing to get some razing.

Hudson Yards mega development Map: June 2015
http://i.imgur.com/FVrYwpy.jpg
(click again once inside to enlarge the map)
Vertical_Gotham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2015, 09:31 PM   #23
Vertical_Gotham

Look out:

A super-tall tower could replace former Subway Inn home

World Wide Group is selling six buildings across the street from Bloomingdale's. The new owner can raze the properties and build a 1,000-foot-tall residential tower.

http://www.crainsnewyork.com/article...ubway-inn-home

Quote:
An ultra-pricey, tall residential tower could soon sprout across the street from Bloomingdale’s.

Real estate investment firm World Wide Group has put a collection of six, low-rise buildings near the corner of East 60th Street and Lexington Avenue on the market for sale. One of the properties was the longtime home of famed dive bar Subway Inn, which recently relocated. The site can accommodate a roughly 280,000-square-foot tower that could potentially rise as high as 1,000 feet.

If a developer opts to include affordable housing, the square footage and height of the building would be permitted to increase by up to 20% more.

World Wide purchased the buildings one by one during the past decade. It has hired a team from Cushman & Wakefield—led by Bob Knakal, Cushman’s chairman of New York investment sales, and brokers Clint Olsen and Helen Hwang—to handle the deal. The site could be worth $300 million or more, a price that would make it one of the city's most expensive ever sold per square foot.

Spanning six contiguous buildings from 143 E. 60th St. to 161 E. 60th St., the development site is across the street from Bloomingdale's flagship department store and near a bustling shopping corridor on Lexington Avenue. Part of the site's value is the 200 feet of frontage along East 60th Street that would allow a builder to create significant retail space.

If a tower is erected on the site, it would be one of few to reach the heavens on the far east side of midtown. Several 1,000-foot-plus developments are already underway farther west, just south of Central Park.

The site sale is one of the latest large assignments that is being handled by Mr. Knakal since he sold the brokerage firm he co-founded, Massey Knakal, to Cushman earlier this year. Mr. Knakal was tapped to handle the sale of 1 Court Square, the soaring office building in Long Island City, Queens, that is asking more than $500 million.

Old June 5th, 2015, 03:21 AM   #24
Jay

Likes (Received): 1863

Boom! Another one

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Jay no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2015, 05:18 AM   #25
(:

Likes (Received): 229

Let's take a moment to appreciate that in china a supertall is developed using an entire block, however in NYC all ya need is a small pub and some air rights.

Last edited by (:; June 5th, 2015 at 05:23 AM.
(: no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2015, 06:05 AM   #26
Vertical_Gotham

The prospect is exciting. Looking forward to a developer to maximize this puppy's potential. I think Bloomberg Tower needs to have a little company.

Last edited by Vertical_Gotham; June 5th, 2015 at 07:53 AM.
Old June 5th, 2015, 06:13 AM   #27
MarshallKnight

Likes (Received): 3589

A supertall here would be phenomenal. I mean, obviously, any supertall is great. But here specifically because 432 Park needs some company. I have no problem with it being the tallest building in its immediate vicinity, but I'd rather it was like 300 ft. taller than the next-tallest, rather than twice as tall.
MarshallKnight no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2015, 07:24 AM   #28
Juanes11

Likes (Received): 11

I had a feeling this would be a supertall. And there are additional air rights on adjacent properties that could push this higher.
Juanes11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2015, 09:56 AM   #29
McSky

Likes (Received): 1878

I worked on 57th Street and 3rd in the '90s, and a co-worker used to drag a few of us to this dive bar once in a while. Dark inside and grimy, with $2 bud bottles. Amazing to think that an elegant supertall might replace it.
McSky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2015, 02:50 PM   #30
Ghostface79

Likes (Received): 4604

Developer Acquires Assemblage At 143 East 60th Street, Plans Residential Tower With Retail, Midtown East

http://newyorkyimby.com/2015/10/deve...town-east.html
Quote:
Back in June, Kuafu Properties was in contract to purchase the assemblage spanning 143-161 East 60th Street, on the northern edge of Midtown East, and now the Chinese developer has closed on the acquisition, according to Commercial Observer. The site has a nearly 20,000 square-foot footprint, and roughly 280,000 square feet of development potential. Kuafu plans to build a luxury residential tower with a large retail base, although the existing six low-rise buildings must first be demolished.

MarshallKnight liked this post
Ghostface79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2015, 11:36 PM   #31
San Miguel

Likes (Received): 13

nice
San Miguel está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2016, 04:36 PM   #32
Torch

Likes (Received): 1014

First Look At KPF’s 151 East 60th Street, The Upper East Side’s First Possible Supertall
New York Yimby: http://newyorkyimby.com/2016/02/firs...supertall.html

Quote:
While the design is certainly flashy, the plans are far from a definite go. The entry was for a competition, and while no winner has been publicly announced, even the plans that win RFP submissions typically see major revisions in the translation from renderings to reality. The site’s developer, Kuafu Properties, closed on the assemblage for $300 million back in October.
Nevertheless, the new images give an excellent idea of what’s in store for what could easily become the most prominent high-rise on the Upper East Side.

According to the article, the tower is likely to wait for the next development cycle, like other projects still in planing phase right now. Because of the current market situation, it is likely that only projects being under construction right now will going to be finished in this cycle.

EDIT: Oh, I got a bit confused. There is another thread about this project in the supertall section. I also posted this information there. I think this thread should be closed!

Last edited by Torch; February 23rd, 2016 at 05:28 PM.
Torch no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
143 e. 60th st., midtown east, new york, nyc