daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Megatalls

Megatalls Discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 10th, 2017, 08:28 PM   #301
ChiCityAtty11

Likes (Received): 463

Cocory is the just threatened.... don't pay any attention to him. Understand something about human nature -- people who are "content" don't try to tear down other people. Simple. If he is so "content" that New York is superior, why is he on a Chicago thread trying to tear Chicago down?

He feels threatened by Chicago - period. That's what this is all about. Either he is from New York and feels that we are a threat to steal whatever thunder they think that they may have -- or he is from Houston, Dallas or Atlanta and hopes to be a city like Chicago one day -- again, threatened by us.

I get the feeling that Cocory is from Houston, Dallas or Atlanta. He is not sophisticated enough to be from a place like Chicago or New York.

roballan, Alex The Chicagoan liked this post
ChiCityAtty11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 10th, 2017, 09:22 PM   #302
Cocory

Likes (Received): 140

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCityAtty11 View Post
Cocory is the just threatened.... don't pay any attention to him. Understand something about human nature -- people who are "content" don't try to tear down other people. Simple. If he is so "content" that New York is superior, why is he on a Chicago thread trying to tear Chicago down?

He feels threatened by Chicago - period. That's what this is all about. Either he is from New York and feels that we are a threat to steal whatever thunder they think that they may have -- or he is from Houston, Dallas or Atlanta and hopes to be a city like Chicago one day -- again, threatened by us.

I get the feeling that Cocory is from Houston, Dallas or Atlanta. He is not sophisticated enough to be from a place like Chicago or New York.

Nice assumption but from none of those cities yeah so threaten by a crime wridden city lmao try again though.!
Cocory no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 10th, 2017, 11:58 PM   #303
t94

Likes (Received): 844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabricio JF View Post
The coincidence is that the proposed location of the megatall is exactly the area where the Chicago Spire would be erected. But the 1WTC in New York also went through the visionary phase before being erected, such as Freedom Tower also in the same area with another design. (And it gained a thread here in that time almost 11 years ago).

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...=419362&page=3
There was a organization formed for rebuilding the WTC complex by 2002 and negotiations with Larry Silverstein, the sites developer, were taking place shortly after.

The real estate firm Related has gone on record that they have a separate and distinct two tower proposal for this plot of land, so as far as I know this remains a vision. Would like to see Related take this up though of course!

http://chicago.curbed.com/2016/9/7/1...elated-midwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocory View Post
Someone doesn't understand what trolling is. Sharing my opinion isn't what you call a troll but purposely aggravating people is a troll. So show me what I Troll about please.!
I said it "seems" like you're trolling. Trolling is posting, but not limited to, inflammatory remarks in hopes of inciting an emotional response. Most of the time sharing an opinion isn't trolling, but just lambasting any city by resorting to a stream of consciousness dialogue that is halfway incoherent on a grammatical level speaks contextual measures on how seriously you take your own post and your intentions regarding discussion.

I welcome and support constructive discussion about the positive and negatives of particular cities in an appropriate thread. However, I'm well aware of the fruitless effort of responding to posts like these, so I'm not going to add anymore to this discussion. You're more than welcome to PM me if you care enough to respond.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshallKnight View Post
Isn't that what the Visions category is for? Sure this isn't going to rise here, but it's a fun prompt to discuss what could and should rise at the former Spire site.
I agree. I only thought that discussion was limited to projects under construction and serious proposals. The category is described as, "discussions of projects under construction at least 600m/2,000 ft tall." This whole thread would be filled to the brim eventually if every non-serious vision was posted here. A quick scan of the website didn't show a particular category for visions, so I suppose this is the best spot, then.

Alex The Chicagoan liked this post
t94 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2017, 12:09 AM   #304
chjbolton
chjbolton

Likes (Received): 75

You people are exhausting

How about this instead:
- This tower is pretty awesome.
- It would be good for Chicago and even for the country.
- Chicago is unique and New York is unique in a different way.
- Your tastes and feelings aren't 'arguments'; they are only your preferences.
- Stop being jerks and cross your fingers that this thing gets built.

You're welcome children
Old April 12th, 2017, 12:49 AM   #305
ChiCityAtty11

Likes (Received): 463

You are sooo right. I broke with a cardinal rule I have of never engaging a troll. It was comical but indeed pointless I believe all have moved on.

chjbolton liked this post
ChiCityAtty11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2017, 01:08 AM   #306
JuanPaulo
Guayaquil Vive Por Ti!

Likes (Received): 31680

I hadn't realized that the base of the tower also leans in the north south direction

Old April 12th, 2017, 10:57 AM   #307
Aryaved

Likes (Received): 1511

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiCityAtty11 View Post
Agreed. Summers are the best. Something about the "energy" of the place, the down to earth, fun, yet cultured nature of the people, all the fests and happenings that just make for a special experience. Chicago is particularly ALIVE in summer.

That said, there are many great cities in the world -- I never said Chicago is the best (people are entitled to have different opinions) but it is truly a special place. As someone who has traveled the world extensively, I always find myself appreciating what Chicago has to offer every time I return home from a trip away. It is a great mix of EVERYTHING -- from beaches, to museums, to sports, to high tech, to nightlife, the great food, etc -- everything. It puts it all together.

By the way, good luck with your Ohio teams this year -- Ohio is always a hotbed of sports of all kinds.

I can never forgive Chicago for what they did to us in the World Series. Absolutely horrific for us. I was at the Clevelander bar in Downtown Cleveland when that happened and the mood there in the final innings...I have to tell you, I haven't see people more distraught over a baseball game than that. It also sucks that the Reds haven't been doing so hot. For a city like Cleveland, which I can has nothing besides the Cleveland Clinic and the Cavs going for it, any positive development is a big deal. Good luck your sports teams as well! We're going to take world series this year and not take a 100+ years to that

Anyways man, just ignore the trolls. Chicago is a magnificent city and can hold its own among the great "skyscraper cities" of the world let alone NYC. NYC just has density more so than truly unique architecture. I agree with you, Chicago is one of those American cities that fulfills all your expectations and then some and has you coming back for more. Beyond NYC, San Diego, and Miami, I simply cannot hold other American cities than the aforementioned 4 in the same regard! I have been to most of the top 15-20 major cities of the and can safely say Chicago is one the great American cities. It's reputation precedes itself.

राजा के लिए प्रजा-प्रजा में कोई भेद नहीं हो सकता- Former Indian PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee
Aryaved no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2017, 05:23 PM   #308
Cocory

Likes (Received): 140

Trolls now adays on here you can't say anything negative then they want to say you're the troll lmao um ok
Cocory no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 12th, 2017, 05:35 PM   #309
AndrzGln

Likes (Received): 487

This tower needs to happen, would look soo good in chicago┤s skyline
AndrzGln no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2017, 02:17 AM   #310
lezgotolondon
Pescara ▄ber Alles

Likes (Received): 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuanPaulo View Post
I hadn't realized that the base of the tower also leans in the north south direction

Never heard of this tower before

> It's good to see Chicago building a new megatall! Chicago rocks!
> Scrolling down
> Well it's simple but it looks good
> Scrolling down more
> What the ****!

This isn't its final design right?

lezgotolondon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2017, 06:10 AM   #311
Oatmeal

Likes (Received): 476

Quote:
Originally Posted by lezgotolondon View Post
Never heard of this tower before

> It's good to see Chicago building a new megatall! Chicago rocks!
> Scrolling down
> Well it's simple but it looks good
> Scrolling down more
> What the ****!

This isn't its final design right?
This isn't a set in stone deal. It's in fact not even really a proposal. It's just a vision.

But if it were a proposal, I'm sure this wouldn't be its final design because it's been like this the whole time any of us have known about it.
Oatmeal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2017, 03:24 PM   #312
TheIllinoisan

Likes (Received): 538

Quote:
Trolls now adays on here you can't say anything negative then they want to say you're the troll lmao um ok
Youre an asshat.
Old April 13th, 2017, 10:59 PM   #313
JuanPaulo
Guayaquil Vive Por Ti!

Likes (Received): 31680

Here is the view in the other direction:

Old April 14th, 2017, 12:02 AM   #314
Miguel Portela

Likes (Received): 15

Gosh i would like to see this live
Ice Spray
Kinesio Tapes

Miguel Portela no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2017, 09:36 AM   #315
TheIllinoisan

Likes (Received): 538

Thanks for your contributions, JuanPaulo. As always.

JuanPaulo liked this post
TheIllinoisan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2017, 02:52 PM   #316
CTMW17

Likes (Received): 6

Yeah that sounds expensive. A different design would do nice is all I'm saying. Give some perspective.
CTMW17 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2017, 03:38 PM   #317
prp002

Likes (Received): 2028

Quote:
Old April 16th, 2017, 07:15 AM   #318
roballan
Me want food

Likes (Received): 6052

This project is beautiful! So in touch with what you'd expect from a city like Chicago. I'd love to see it built.

roballan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2017, 10:11 PM   #319
Buffaboy
Buffalo's Idealist💡

Likes (Received): 2102

It has a 1% chance of coming to fruition. Haven't heard concrete news about it in ages, that's why.
Buffaboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2017, 10:53 PM   #320
AnOldBlackMarble
read lightship chronicles

Likes (Received): 5755

The tower looks great but that weird pegleg is just weird. Maybe they should call it tower Blackbeard and make a parrot shaped crown on top.

Last edited by AnOldBlackMarble; April 16th, 2017 at 10:59 PM.
AnOldBlackMarble no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
400 n. lakeshore dr., chicago, related midwest, spire site, streeterville