daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 6th, 2006, 05:10 PM   #481
Krattle

Likes (Received): 12

Why are you posting here, NoChaos? This isn't a forum about how evil humans are "destroying" the fragile, little Earth.
Krattle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2006, 06:23 PM   #482
Dr. Dubai
BANNED

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Open Road
Besides, who the hell cares how close you are to your neighbor when you've got the sea at your doorstep.
I agree. Half a year it's almost to hot to enjoy sitting in your garden, the other half it mostly the time people come to Dubai. If I owned such a house, I wouldn't care if my neighbour is "to close" or not. The most important thing, is that I can parc my 3 cars in the frontyard, I can barbecue in my backyard, I can swim in my swimmingpool, I can play a litlle game tabletennis before my terrace and all the other activities like playing badminton or whatever, can be done at my own private beach

I think I could amuse myself: becasuse if I were that rich I would've my own boats too, and ofcourse an underwaterscooter
Dr. Dubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2006, 09:51 PM   #483
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Likes (Received): 35

it makes me feel so happy somehow that you all love palm jumeirah.

i also think it will look truly amazing.

and imagine the whole crescent built up with the Atlantis hotel, the monorail, the golden mile and the trump tower...
dubaiflo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2006, 10:37 PM   #484
Dr. Dubai
BANNED

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaiflo
and imagine the whole crescent built up with the Atlantis hotel, the monorail, the golden mile and the trump tower...
That's why some people call Dubai the 8th wonder of the world (surely validly).

I hope those pics docc posted convinced the biggest part of the last opponents there were, otherwise it isn't a big deal though. As long as 95% off all the potential buyers adore the palm projects, I'm happy. Nobody gives a shit if mister U. Nurban living in a f*cking hole in the ground, doen't like the projects

Last edited by Dr. Dubai; March 6th, 2006 at 10:44 PM.
Dr. Dubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006, 04:44 AM   #485
swerveut
quit wasting my time !!

Likes (Received): 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krattle
Why are you posting here, NoChaos? This isn't a forum about how evil humans are "destroying" the fragile, little Earth.

Comeon, lets forget about that one post already. Live and let live! If we like the project, we have a right to like it. If he doesnt like it, let him do whatever he likes to do!
swerveut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 7th, 2006, 06:54 AM   #486
spicytimothy
...::HK.:.:.:.LA::...

Likes (Received): 7

these super expensive villas are way to close to each other for my taste

o wellz at least everyone gets a beach
Old March 7th, 2006, 01:42 PM   #487
minime

Likes (Received): 1

way too close, compare it too the renders with all the green.... :-) Still think it is a nice buy for those that bought when this project was lounched... I fear that some might have paid too much for their property in re-sale...
minime no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 06:26 AM   #488
Open Road

Likes (Received): 0

They are close. I have no idea what people are paying for these places in $US, but I'm sure you could get somewhere in Chicago twice the size with a few acres of land for the same price... but you wouldn't be in Dubai. What are the yard sizes in New York for the same price? I'm going to go out on a limb and say 0. Possibly less than zero if that is even possible.

I'm bored, drunk, and unhappy with my job. Sorry for this meaningless post.

- Life is what happens when you’re making other plans
Open Road no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2006, 11:55 AM   #489
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Anymore pictures?
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2006, 05:39 PM   #490
FM 2258

Can someone tell me who owns this spectacular peice of property? (circled in red)

Old March 26th, 2006, 05:41 PM   #491
ARMANI
BANNED

ummm me
ARMANI no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2006, 07:04 PM   #492
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 533

no idea but it is for sure a rich or royal family, this is one of the richest neighbourhoods in Dubai.
smussuw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2006, 07:17 PM   #493
FM 2258

Quote:
Originally Posted by smussuw
no idea but it is for sure a rich or royal family, this is one of the richest neighbourhoods in Dubai.

I like how they are able to get such nice green grass to grow on top of sand. If I'm not mistaken, isn't the desert sand in the area pretty firtile if you just add some seeds and water? It makes me wonder how they get all that greenery to appear when it did not exist before.

I would love to live in a place like that. Cheers to who ever lives there. They know how to work things right.
Old March 26th, 2006, 07:27 PM   #494
Towers
BANNED

yeah this is indeed a very rich neighbourhood, if the picture had zoomed more south, you would see tons of properties like these and even bigger. lol he even has his own little private island
Towers no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2006, 07:46 PM   #495
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 533

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258
I like how they are able to get such nice green grass to grow on top of sand. If I'm not mistaken, isn't the desert sand in the area pretty firtile if you just add some seeds and water? It makes me wonder how they get all that greenery to appear when it did not exist before.

I would love to live in a place like that. Cheers to who ever lives there. They know how to work things right.
it isnt only those houses, all the places planted by the municipality look like this one or even better.

I think they import sand if am not mistaken.
smussuw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2006, 11:35 PM   #496
soup or man
Avant Garde

Likes (Received): 864

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec
These pics were originally posted by docc. The best pics ever of palm jumeirah. Some of these houses are ****** massive!!!!

It's location notwitstanding (the Palm Islands are outstanding), these houses look exactly like typical suburban houses that you would find in Vegas or Phoenix.

These are some homes from Las Vegas.

Palm Jumeriah is a marvel. The houses however, are beautiful but I've seen them before.
Old March 27th, 2006, 12:53 AM   #497
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Yup, very suburban but still they look quite nice
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2006, 01:22 AM   #498
Citystyle
Watch my Chops

Likes (Received): 501

Quote:
Originally Posted by nOchAos
What a vulgar display of wealth, unsustainability and environmental degradation. Where is the space to walk your dog in the park? Oh thats right you will have to drive to the park. Where is the local corner shop? Oh thats right you have to drive to the supermarket and buy mass produced products, full of chemical preservatives, enhancers, colourings and flavourings.

Where are the birds and animals in this man made dump? Do these people have any privacy? doesnt look like it. You do realise that this whole island and the homes on it will be underwater in about 50 years time. What goes around comes around I guess they sold the oil which created the carbon dioxide which melted the ice caps and now floods their homes.

Cheers at least I know my private little mansion with its beautiful gardens, and mature trees near the top of a mountain should be realtively OK compared to these guys who are going to lose everything.

I agree with your concern but there is plenty of room and this type of development is better than say what they have been doing for the last 200 years. Sustainablity and development go hand in hand and thought there are enviromental issues to do with the islands and fish numbers the rest is very good and getting better.

Also heaps can be done to save these islands if sea levels increase that much. Do you know how large the swan river would be with sea rises of that level!.

I agree dubai is not how i would like my city to develop in some terms but large amounts of highrise, great rail and road networks are all in the book. The suburban world has killed the corner shop and added the super market. City's creat life and alternate lifestyles further more people are healthier and eat non toxic food. City's are sustainable in comparison.

People dont know the meaning of the word.
Sec. 31 But how far has he given it us? To enjoy. As much as anyone can make use of to any advantage of life before it spoils, whatever is beyond this, is more than his share, and belongs to others. Nothing was made by God for man to spoil or destroy. And thus considering the plenty of natural provisions there was a long time in the world, and the few spenders, and to how small a part provision the industry of one man could extend itself, and ingross itself to the prejudice of others.
- John Locke
Citystyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2006, 01:52 AM   #499
Jue
Perception

Quote:
Originally Posted by nOchAos
What a vulgar display of wealth, unsustainability and environmental degradation. Where is the space to walk your dog in the park? Oh thats right you will have to drive to the park. Where is the local corner shop? Oh thats right you have to drive to the supermarket and buy mass produced products, full of chemical preservatives, enhancers, colourings and flavourings.

Where are the birds and animals in this man made dump? Do these people have any privacy? doesnt look like it. You do realise that this whole island and the homes on it will be underwater in about 50 years time. What goes around comes around I guess they sold the oil which created the carbon dioxide which melted the ice caps and now floods their homes.

Cheers at least I know my private little mansion with its beautiful gardens, and mature trees near the top of a mountain should be realtively OK compared to these guys who are going to lose everything.

OUCH!

... for the United States!

You should bash every city between San Francisco and New York then.

Great pictures of Palm Jumeirah. It is a majestic development, simple as that. Dubai is a poster child for anti-sprawl, and a few mansions can't hurt.
Jue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2006, 02:09 AM   #500
nomarandlee2

Great pictures of Palm Jumeirah. It is a majestic development, simple as that. Dubai is a poster child for anti-sprawl, and a few mansions can't hurt.

^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
I think that would be a hard claim to make. LA and Houston have a lot of tall buildings as well but one would be hard pressed to say they are less "sprawl" then European cities. Tall buildings don't necessarly equate with anti-sprawl.
I am not saying it is likely to be the most sprawled city on earth but sure as heck doesn't look anywhere near one of the more pedestrian friendly ones.
nomarandlee2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote