daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 27th, 2006, 02:14 AM   #501
Citystyle
Watch my Chops

Likes (Received): 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee2
Great pictures of Palm Jumeirah. It is a majestic development, simple as that. Dubai is a poster child for anti-sprawl, and a few mansions can't hurt.

^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
I think that would be a hard claim to make. LA and Houston have a lot of tall buildings as well but one would be hard pressed to say they are less "sprawl" then European cities. Tall buildings don't necessarly equate with anti-sprawl.
I am not saying it is likely to be the most sprawled city on earth but sure as heck doesn't look anywhere near one of the more pedestrian friendly ones.
True.
Sec. 31 But how far has he given it us? To enjoy. As much as anyone can make use of to any advantage of life before it spoils, whatever is beyond this, is more than his share, and belongs to others. Nothing was made by God for man to spoil or destroy. And thus considering the plenty of natural provisions there was a long time in the world, and the few spenders, and to how small a part provision the industry of one man could extend itself, and ingross itself to the prejudice of others.
- John Locke
Citystyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2006, 02:28 AM   #502
drmadham

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258
Awesome but how is the night club scene in Dubai? Is approaching women on the street or at StarBucks acceptable? Here in Texas I once saw a girl with her head covered but she had a tight shirt and tight ass jeans. Good Lord she look good and it made me wonder why she covered her head. You could see the ass, tits....damn all the shapes. Not bad at all.
im also in texas, and see that now and then LOL - it defeats the purpose of the headscarf.
Old March 27th, 2006, 07:23 AM   #503
Jue
Perception

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomarandlee2
Great pictures of Palm Jumeirah. It is a majestic development, simple as that. Dubai is a poster child for anti-sprawl, and a few mansions can't hurt.

^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
^
I think that would be a hard claim to make. LA and Houston have a lot of tall buildings as well but one would be hard pressed to say they are less "sprawl" then European cities. Tall buildings don't necessarly equate with anti-sprawl.
I am not saying it is likely to be the most sprawled city on earth but sure as heck doesn't look anywhere near one of the more pedestrian friendly ones.
LA and Houston do not have many people living in high-rises. Sprawl in my book is synonymous with endless expanses of single-family houses. Dubai is not pedestrian friendly regardless of how you build the city: the climate prevents that. However, clustered high-rise developments are much more conducive to public transit than many American cities could ever hope to be.
Jue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2006, 07:33 AM   #504
Towers
BANNED

yeah indeed the houses are very simlar that of las vegas
Towers no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 02:47 AM   #505
Krazy
Kool Kat

Likes (Received): 35

Design for $600 million Trump Intl. Hotel & Tower unveiled

[IMG]http://i3.************/wrcrw3.jpg[/IMG]

Nakheel, developer of more than US$30 billion in real estate in Dubai, and The Trump Organization have unveiled a new design for the Trump International Hotel & Tower, the centerpiece of The Palm Jumeirah.

Donald J. Trump, Jr., son of Donald J. Trump, and Executive Vice President of Development and Acquisitions, The Trump Organization, is in Dubai to reveal details about the new design and discuss The Trump Organization’s increased involvement in the UAE. Speaking at the Arabian Hotel and Investment Conference (29th April to 1st May), he will discuss mixed use developments & condo hotels and feature in a round table discussion on private equity in the Middle East. On the 2nd May, he will be present on the Nakheel stand at the Arabian Travel Market.

Trump International Hotel & Tower, The Palm Jumeirah is the initial development in Nakheel and The Trump Organization’s joint-venture in the Middle East, which includes exclusive rights for 19 countries in the Middle East region and 17 major brands. It is also the first UAE property in the portfolio of Nakheel Hotels & Resorts, Nakheel’s hotel and resort investment company, which was launched in February this year. On announcing the partnership in October 2005, Donald J. Trump, Chairman and President of The Trump Organization, who is known throughout the world for his luxurious real estate developments, stated that the organization’s architects and designers would engage closely with Nakheel Hotels & Resorts on the design. The results of the partnership have now been released.

The US$600 million Trump International Hotel & Tower, The Palm Jumeirah is a stunning 48 storey mixed-use hotel and residential building, anchoring the trunk of the 5 by 5km man made palm tree shaped island which lies off the coast of Dubai. The first of three such islands to be built in Dubai, The Palm Jumeirah will be one of the world’s premier resorts, offering a wealth of beachfront hotels, residences, retail and leisure.

The new ultra-modern design, features a split linked tower – an innovative open core design that minimizes shadows – constructed with stainless steel, glass and stone.

Regarding the new design, Donald J. Trump, Jr. said: “In redesigning the property, we focused on creating a magnet for tourists and residents and a landmark icon on the Dubai skyline. Trump International Hotel & Tower, The Palm Jumeirah will soar into the sky, its twin sets of glazed diamond shaped structures at the top of each tower creating a sense of infinity as the glazed elements blur building and sky”.

Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem, Executive Chairman, Nakheel stated: “The new design ensures that the property will be a striking landmark – a bold monument at the heart of the island. The property’s taller, more slender design allows for a linear view through the building to the top of the island and provides spectacular panoramas of the island, Dubai and the Arabian Gulf, with all rooms benefiting from a sea view.” “In building the vision of Dubai, Nakheel is committed to creating genuinely unique projects which are at the forefront of innovation", Sultan Ahmed bin Sulayem continued. "The new design of the Trump International Hotel and Tower lives up to this commitment and will provide a fitting landmark centerpiece for The Palm Jumeirah, our flagship development.

“As the world’s fastest growing city, it is important that Dubai forms progressive partnerships with prominent international organizations. Our alliance with The Trump Organization is a fantastic example of how such partnerships can operate successfully. The Trump International Hotel and Tower is the first example of this success”
Krazy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 02:49 AM   #506
Krazy
Kool Kat

so the design for Trump Hotel has been changed from this

to this....

Old April 30th, 2006, 03:32 AM   #507
Shahid

Likes (Received): 101

Much better
Shahid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 04:31 AM   #508
jonovision

That's amazing! Looks like something out of Star Wars!
jonovision no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 05:24 AM   #509
Marcanadian

Likes (Received): 2584

Thats insane. Trump is becoming better everyday.
Old April 30th, 2006, 05:38 AM   #510
Scruffy88
Action

Likes (Received): 4

Not bad Donald. Not too bad at all. A 100% inprovement over the 50 story beetle.
Scruffy88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 05:39 AM   #511
Marcanadian

Likes (Received): 2584

BTW this thread has passed the 500 limit.
Old April 30th, 2006, 12:15 PM   #512
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

Likes (Received): 186

Wow, that trump tower is amzing. I really disliked the original design. I have seen what happens to buildings like that...

As for the "villas" on the island. Well, they are not realy villas when you look at the amount of them. They are all the same and compacted together. The price will be high and all you are getting is a design no different to 80 other people.
Erebus555 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 01:22 PM   #513
Shahid

Likes (Received): 101

I heard Palm is owned by USA???
Shahid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 01:37 PM   #514
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

ermmm..no!

the villas are not really expensive.
dubaiflo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 03:26 AM   #515
Krazy
Kool Kat

Feast your eyes on this beauty
Old May 3rd, 2006, 03:45 AM   #516
Darth Shemp
Armani

Likes (Received): 0

Much better than the old one.
Darth Shemp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 04:04 AM   #517
Open Road

Likes (Received): 0

Oh my God. Anyone have a towel?

- Life is what happens when you’re making other plans
Open Road no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 04:08 AM   #518
Locke
Guac Bowl Merchant

Likes (Received): 5437

Like something out of Star Wars.

Dubai, always pushing the envelope!
Old May 3rd, 2006, 04:50 PM   #519
Krazy
Kool Kat

Updates from today by UAE forumers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alt-Tab
Pictures didnt come out that well, its hard to drive a speed boat, take pictures and keep the lense clean..

Panorama of palm trunk

View from the beach at the Mina Seyhai

Looking up the palm trunk still not much activity on the Golden Mile and hotel side

A close up of a canal facing shoreline apt building

Construction workers accomodation on ocean liner

View of the Marina from the Palm
AltTab
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubayyy
Just back from ATM - pics of the updated palm model. Will post a more detailed report later.

Trump Plaza on trunk of the Palm
[IMG]http://i1.************/x3aix5.jpg[/IMG]

SAS Radisson Hotel and Two Additional Shorelines
[IMG]http://i2.************/x3al1z.jpg[/IMG]

Additional Shorelines and Marina Homes Close Up
[IMG]http://i3.************/x3alfn.jpg[/IMG]

Plan View of Monorail
[IMG]http://i3.************/x3amuv.jpg[/IMG]

Close up of SAS Radisson
[IMG]http://i3.************/x3am11.jpg[/IMG]

Close up of Trump Plaza Apartments on Crown
[IMG]http://i1.************/x3ama9.jpg[/IMG]

Dubayy
Old May 3rd, 2006, 05:10 PM   #520
Dr. Dubai
BANNED

Likes (Received): 24

I am not totally satisfied, too much the same. Palm Jumeirah deserves better, look at those commie blocks on the left, is that the bronx or Dubai? C'mon, that could've been much better:
[img]http://i3.************/x3amuv.jpg[/img]
Dr. Dubai no está en línea   Reply With Quote