daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 20th, 2009, 02:45 PM   #181
Tucancillo
Catalán y tico

Likes (Received): 303

Pics of AeroMéxico at Barcelona airport. It's always a pleasure to see their planes, wether in silver or white livery.

Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2009, 11:01 PM   #182
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucancillo View Post
definitivamente la mejor imagen Tucan... gracias... saludos hasta mi querida BCN...
PlayasCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 11:04 PM   #183
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Here are the old jewels I told i had found... credits to authors...

From 1949...

From 1951...
Old June 20th, 2009, 11:05 PM   #184
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Promo about Acapulco...
Old June 20th, 2009, 11:09 PM   #185
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Old June 20th, 2009, 11:10 PM   #186
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Notice the Eagle Warrior had yet not appeared as logo...

Later coming some more...

*credits to author
Old June 20th, 2009, 11:29 PM   #187
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Likes (Received): 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucancillo View Post
Pics of AeroMéxico at Barcelona airport. It's always a pleasure to see their planes, wether in silver or white livery.

Thanks for sharing Tucancillo, good to know service to Barcelona has not been affected by the Crisis/Flu like other flights... One thing I do notice is that on the 787 it shows white engines as opposed to now blue. I honestly prefer the white engines and it makes the livery less busy. I also wish they would cut the red calligraphy swoosh paint brush permanently, but what we can we do, right?

Below is a pix of the 787 to compare livery/engines...
Old June 20th, 2009, 11:35 PM   #188
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayasCity View Post
Promo about Acapulco...
Hey Playa what a great find... kudos!!!!!

These old skool AeroMexico brochures are amazing. After checking them out I do see the Eagle Warrior was not been utilize but I do see that other symbol. I cannot seem to put my finger on what exactly is it for some reason. Is there a way we can find out or figure out what it is?
Old June 20th, 2009, 11:54 PM   #189
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

AeroMéxico returns to Cozumel*

* The airline will resume their flights from the capital of the country from July 9, with three frequencies to the week * Also they analyze the possibility of the conectividad among Mexico City, Cozumel and Miami, Florida By Víctor Oakwood

COZUMEL, 18 of June.- a business meeting was carried out with Francisco Caves, commercial director of AeroMexico, where present representatives been Of the hotel, business sector, as well as the mayor Juan Carlos González and the secretary of Tourism in the state, Sara Latife Ruiz Chávez. The morning of yesterday, in acquaintance hotel of the city a business meeting was carried out, where they brought to light details of the return of AeroMexico to the island of the swallows and their conectividad with Mexico City three times to the week from the next one nine of July.
On the matter Francisco Caves Feliú, commercial executive director of AeroMexico, reported that will be the days Thursday, Friday and Sundays, when the cozumeleños and national tourists utilize the service of the airline, nevertheless, did not rule out the possibility that the routes be expanded to every day of the week if is necessary to expand the programming of flights, with the objective to offer a better service to the users, thus As to offer greater alternatives that maintain in force this air route.
It mentioned that the possibility exists that through this same flight I was expanded the route of Mexico City to Cozumel and of Cozumel to Miami, reiterating its commitment of working coordinadamente with the government of Cozumel, and assured that AeroMexico comes to be remained to the island to expand its market.
Of equal forms brought to light the executive of the air business that will begin with a daily flight the days indicated, from July nine, of Mexico City to Cozumel, to the 13:30 hours to return to the center of the country at 16 o'clock in a model, Brazilian airship Embraer ERJ 145, with capacity of 50 plazas.
During the event the mandatory one cozumeleño Juan Carlos González, indicated that the return of AeroMéxico represents at present a great opportunity so that the state government and policeman they continue working in the tourist promotion of Cozumel to national level, every time that in these times is very important to seek alternatives that permit to attract more people to this destiny.
Likewise the local executive said that the return of AeroMéxico to lands cozumeleñas, he is owed thanks to the managements that in a joint way they were carried out among the government of the state that heads Félix Arturo González I Sing, the City Hall of Cozumel and the private initiative.
He fits to emphasize that in the meeting the presence of the commercial executive director of marketing he included himself of AeroMéxico, Francisco Caves Feliú; the national holder of sales of AeroMéxico, Alejandro Pérez Zubiria; the state secretary of Tourism, Sara Latife Ruiz Chávez; the holder of tourist promotion of Cozumel, Raúl Marrufo González, as well as business leaders and of the tourist sector of the island.

Source: www.poresto.net
Old June 21st, 2009, 12:01 AM   #190
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

...just had to add, love the livery!!!!!

Old June 21st, 2009, 01:35 AM   #191
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

keeping up w/ you...

AM's 767 at Tijuana Intl., at Gate 5A, I think...
image hosted on flickr
Old June 21st, 2009, 01:40 AM   #192
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

And check this... AM's Eagle Warrior finally appears as Logo...

Notice AM was still then known as Aeronaves de Mexico...

*credits to author
Old June 21st, 2009, 01:42 AM   #193
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

And this... The jet age begins for AM... a key point in its history, when an aggressive expansion is carried out by the airline...

Notice the MEX-MIA-MAD route begins... what would simply later become the MEX-MAD route, perhaps one of the most traditional of Aeromexico...

*credits to authors
Old June 21st, 2009, 01:47 AM   #194
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Keeping up with the expansion... Another historic moment in AM's history...

1960's are saying goodbye, but in 1969, AM's says bonjour to the MEX-ORY route... AM's started operations in Orly, later moved to CDG... data to be confirmed...

Together with Madrid, Paris constitutes one of AM's traditional & historical European services...

*credits to author
Old June 21st, 2009, 08:02 PM   #195
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

^ Very valid historic information you've provided. I was unaware about AM transferring from Orly to CDG at all. My understanding was that CDG was the original and one the longest Euro cities served by AM. Just like LEMD who's I believe should have a lenghtier service period, correct?

Well thanks again for those old-skool brochures and yes the Eagle Warrior does show. Although it was just a tini winnie bit different than it's current one...
Old June 21st, 2009, 11:12 PM   #196
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

I gotta check out to confirm that data...

If you followed closely, the timetable showing the MAD route, is from 1967... The one about Paris is from 1969...

I'll try to get more info about these facts...
Old June 22nd, 2009, 10:37 AM   #197
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

^ Yup, I saw the timetable with the dates and so far. It seems LEMD has been serveice longer than CDG/Orly but who knows until we can confirm that.

Ayhow, have you heard new news about the possible merger/buy out of Mexicana Airlines???
Old June 22nd, 2009, 09:04 PM   #198
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Not so good news!!!!

ABQ loses Mexico

That didn’t take long: Effective July 9, after just five months of operations, Albuquerque’s airport will lose its only non-stop flights into Mexico when AeroMexico Connect discontinues its three-days-a-week flights to Chihuahua City. New Mexico Gov. Bill Richardson had personally worked on getting the flights to the tune of $340,000 the state’s Economic Development Department and Department of Finance Administration paid to the City of Albuquerque to help with the startup costs of the flights.

AeroMexico Connect was using 50-passenger regional jets on the flights, the same kind of plane it was using to fly between Tucson and Hermosillo until those flights were dropped last October.

Contact David Hatfield at [email protected] or (520) 295-4237. Inside Business Travel appears the fourth week of each month.
Old June 22nd, 2009, 11:25 PM   #199
Tucancillo
Catalán y tico

Likes (Received): 303

Playas City: Un placer, si venís por acá, me avisás.
Do you collect all those brochures? It seems an amazing collection!

Fern: Happy to know you liked the pics. Hope to get more of the silver livery. And, who knows, the Sky Team scheme...
Actually, there's a direct service from Barcelona to Mexico, but crisis has had an impact on the number of frequencies I believe. I've got hopes it will get better next year. Towards the end of this year AeroMexico will go to the new T1 terminal with all the Sky Team companies.
Old June 23rd, 2009, 03:22 AM   #200
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

claro... d verdad me lo decis? te tomaré la palabra entonces...

d hecho quiero hacer un viaje, algo sencillo, ya sea europa o Latam...

esos timetibles son de una coleccion de de dos fotografos, por eso lo de los creditos, no son mios... los mios son mas nuevos, y no son tantos...

Tags
aeromexico, aviación, latin american airlines, méxico, north american airlines, skyteam