daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 27th, 2009, 01:20 AM   #221
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Likes (Received): 489

New flight could stimulate oil and gas ties between Louisiana, Mexico

by Allison Good / The Times-Picayune Friday June 26, 2009, 2:20 PM

The AeroMexico nonstop flight between New Orleans and Mexico City will encourage business ties between Louisiana and Mexico, particularly in the oil and gas industry, experts said at a Friday morning forum sponsored by the World Trade Center.
Sal Figueroa, director of international relations for the economic development group GNO, Inc., said the two hour and 20 minute flight is short enough that business people can fly to and from Mexico City on the same day. The direct flight begins service from New Orleans on July 7.
Jay van Heuven, a New Orleans native and executive director of Endicott College Mexico, said Louisiana ports do not have as strong a relationship with Mexican ports as other ports in the southern United States do. He said the launch of the flight would create opportunity for Louisiana companies, particularly those working in the oil and gas industry.
Pemex, Mexico's state-run oil and gas company, is looking to sign contracts this year with a number of foreign oil companies, van Heuven said.
"There are tremendous opportunities with oil and gas because that industry is in the expansion process right now in Mexico, and they can't do it alone," said Luis Garza, a senior vice president at Whitney National Bank.
Garza agreed the possibilities are enormous. He said Whitney hopes to get authorization for an office in Mexico City soon.
Figeuroa, of GNO, Inc., argued that Louisiana must do more to strengthen ties with Mexico, which is currently the state's No. 1 export market. He said his group is organizing a trade mission for Mexican executives interested in doing business with Louisiana companies.
"There is a vision here that we need to re-internationalize New Orleans, and the level of interest here is very high," he said.
Another lucrative sector for economic activity between Louisiana and Mexico could be medical tourism.
"Our prices are outrageous in this country, so medical tourism is becoming the thing of the day," van Heuven said. "Right now people are going to India and Singapore, but Mexico has top-rate doctors, and the operations cost 50 to 70 percent less than they do in the United States."
Larry Johnson, manager of commercial development at Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport, said travel should increase between New Orleans and Mexico City once the direct flight is launched.
"Right now 36 people travel between New Orleans and Mexico daily, but our consultant says we should see a 15 to 20 percent stimulated growth in the market with this flight," he said.
"AeroMexico is starting with a 50-seat plane. The swine flu may slow things down, but we do feel we will get to the point where they would need a larger aircraft," he added.
Allison Good can be reached at [email protected] or 504.826.3399.

Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2009, 06:45 AM   #222
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

The last 763ER in AM's fleet with the old Chrome Livery...

Old June 27th, 2009, 12:32 PM   #223
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Aeromexico to Get $37.5 Million Cash Infusion Amid Crisis

MEXICO CITY – AeroMexico’s owners have pledged to invest 500 million pesos ($37.5 million) in the Mexican airline over the next few days to help it weather the global financial crisis and the local outbreak of the AH1N1 flu virus, the press reported Friday.

Andres Conesa, the CEO of AeroMexico, which is owned by Citigroup subsidiary Banamex and a group of Mexican business leaders, said the airline has a total of $240 million in debt, the dailies Reforma and El Universal reported.

AeroMexico, which recently fired 172 employees, also is considering the possibility of taking on additional debt and, as a last resort, selling off some of its assets, which consist of five planes with a value of $200 million (the company operates another 100 airplanes under leases), its corporate headquarters and its facilities at the Mexico City airport.

The executive said the airline has “real guarantees” to offer the financial markets and will therefore seek financing alternatives other than government assistance.

“When you don’t have this type of real guarantees the only alternative left to you is to go to the government,” Conesa said.

Mexicana de Aviacion, AeroMexico’s chief competitor, announced Tuesday it will ask the government for a loan of 1.5 billion pesos ($113 million) to deal with a financial squeeze stemming from the country’s recent swine-flu outbreak.

The outbreak of the AH1N1 virus, blamed for more than 100 deaths in Mexico, prompted authorities to impose a five-day shutdown in early May. Tourism revenues are down 43 percent compared with last year.

According to Conesa, the crisis affecting Mexico’s airline sector, exacerbated by the swine-flu epidemic, “is the result of mistaken policies in the sector.”

The CEO of AeroMexico, a company that in the first quarter experienced a drop of 8 percent in the number of passengers transported, said the government must institute policies to ensure the survival of Mexico’s two flagship airlines, both of which have had their margins squeezed due to a proliferation of low-cost carriers. EFE

Source www.laht.com
Old June 27th, 2009, 12:38 PM   #224
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Aeroméxico Initiates process of internal restructuring

El Universal- Friday, June 26, 2009 10:15
MEXICO, D.F., June 26.- The business AeroMéxico entered an internal in order to survive alone process of restructuring, although does not rule out an eventual fusion with Mexican or some another company, even foreign. Andrés Conesa, general director of the airline, indicated that among the measures assumed for the optimization of costs the reduction of the capacity in the fleet of airships is found, the cut of personnel unionized (32 pilots and 140 sobrecargos) and the discount of a month of work to employees of confidence to save 12,5% of the payroll. In press conference, yesterday Thursday, aimed that of equal form expects an "additional effort" of the shareholders to inject 500 million pesos of fresh capital, besides that the contracting of greater debt is evaluated and, as last exit, the sale of assets (airplanes or real estate).
It offers Bancomex credits to air sector

www.eluniversal.com.mx
Old June 27th, 2009, 08:38 PM   #225
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Aeroméxico trims expenses and capital search

Humberto Niño de Haro
El Universal
Viernes 26 de junio de 2009
[email protected]

AeroMéxico entered an internal in order to survive alone process of restructuring, although does not rule out an eventual fusion with Mexicana or some another company, even foreign.
Andrés Conesa, general director of the airline, indicated that among the measures assumed for the optimization of costs the reduction of the capacity in the fleet of airships is found, the cut of personnel unionized (32 pilots and 140 sobrecargos) and the discount of a month of work to employees of confidence to save 12,5% of the payroll.
In press conference, aimed that of equal form expects an "additional effort" of the shareholders to inject 500 million pesos of fresh capital, besides that the contracting of greater debt is evaluated and, as last exit, the sale of assets (airplanes or real estate).
The group of businessmen that heads José Luis Barraza, president of the Counsel of AeroMéxico, accumulates an investment of 490 million dollars in the airline, of which 250 million they were destined for their acquisition in October of 2007.
The room to maneuver is very high for the company, according to Conesa, who assured that the total debt of the business elevates to 240 million dollars, around 12% of its incomes, every time that the firm bills 2 thousand million dollars to the year.
For the director of the airline, the crisis of the sanitary contingency added to the problems that already dragged the industry in the past.
"(The affectation) comes from a wrong politics in the sector, that right now there is a very important opportunity to rectify the road and reordenar the market", indicated.
The market will be adjusted alone
The director of AeroMéxico established that the domestic market itself reordenará in and of itself as has come occurring with the natural exit of competitors; nevertheless, considered necessary to apply a new politics for the international market.
It indicated that there will be to define if specific markets to each airline are assigned or are opened the long-range routes to the free competition so that can subsist the two companies flag of the country.
Despite all, included the fall of 8% in the number of passengers during the first quarter of the year, AeroMéxico foresees the incursion in new destinies this summer: Cozumel and Zacatecas from Mexico City.
Nevertheless, the resumption of operations to Shangai does not yet have date and Rome is already ruled out, said Conesa, who indicated that trusts in the support of the governments of Mexico and China to resume the flight to the Asian continent toward the end of year.
In the meantime, negotiates its debt of 390 million pesos before the International Airport of Mexico City (AICM) by concept of TUA with the recognition of the investment carried out in the Terminal 2 of the airport that elevated to 330 million pesos.
Old June 28th, 2009, 04:01 AM   #226
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Likes (Received): 113

As I partially read your posted notes on AM's speculated merge, I noticed this has had a wider foreign cover rather national one... I noticed Reuters, for ex., being quite acute on the point...

Anyway, I am certainly not an expertise, but as far as I can see in Mexican media, i can tell you this had had little or no spreading...
I can rather say, for ex., that the agreement for mileage earning between AM & MX is DAMN OVER...!! (i should have noticed this)

There has been no official statements on the issue... Neither has the Ministry of Communications...

Regarding clnense question, MX is on the way of joining Oneworld...

So I'd rather take a seat & watch the development of the issue...

Nice pics of the 767's... Long time I haven't flown on those...
PlayasCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2009, 07:34 AM   #227
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

I try to stay as informed as possible as to what the future brings for AM. I doubt it will go belly up and like I mentioned about past rumors that AM was in bad shape and had no money. I knew it was rumors from it's competitor to take the spot light off them and how their crumbling internally. Especially when you go to A.net 90% always claimed that AM was in worst shape than MX. Especially that MX was going to over power AM in the long run, well as we can see that's not the case. Who is asking for the loans to stay alive because their broke and would not think twicwe about selling the airline to it's main competition. If the price is right, these words are not mine they come directly from the horses mouth...

AM is and will continue to be Mexico's flagship carrier, believe it or not!!!!
Old June 29th, 2009, 08:44 PM   #228
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

FYI article was translated...

AreoMexico inaugurate fly Durango-Chicago

28 JUNE 2009
www.yancuic.com
We generate a new competitive profile and a conectividad of highly impact for the development of our company: Ismael

Our commitment is to continue building alliances that permit us to attract more productive investments to ours been and its regions, affirmed the Governing one Ismael Hernández Gave, upon inaugurating the flight of AeroMéxico Durango-Chicago.
It is a matter of an effective answer to a need of interconnection with the city of Chicago Illinois, with whom the duranguenses they maintain strong family ties and of friendship the Proxy in the International Airport said Guadalupe Victory where added that this flight will become a variable more than the conectividad of ours been, expanding its competitive profile of our markets.
The ceremony of inauguration included the presence of Alejandro Pérez Zubiria, national director of sales of AeroMéxico who expressed that to be in Durango he is "to go to the sure one, and this flight does not have expiration date".
With the assistance of the Municipal President, Carlos Matuk López of Nava, Apolonio Betancourt Ruiz, Judge president of the Supreme Court of Justice, Susana Elósegui cross-country Race, Secretary of Tourism in the State, White Vázquez Alvarado, local manager of AeroMéxico, as well as of the leader of the Association of Hotels and Motels of Durango, Francisco Martínez Díaz of Lion, the Governor of the State expressed a recognition to the business AeroMéxico by his Company.
Hernández Gave declared that with the effort of all the sectors and of the three levels of government, Durango advances in a determined way in a positive transformation. The construction and modernization of the main axes cartdrivers, they are generating a new competitive profile and a conectividad of highly impact for the development of our company.
During their intervention, the Municipal President, Carlos Matuk López of Nava said that Durango has the look well put in the future, with opportunities of development for all, and today, they sit down the bases for it.
"Our commitment as Municipal Government is to continue working of the hand with the other orders of government. Similarly we are open to generate agreements with the private initiative that be translated in greater benefits for the citizens", indicated. Matuk López of Nava did a recognition to the business AeroMéxico who along various years has wagered to Durango.
This flight will have a frequency of every Saturday, leaving Durango at 12 o'clock to arrive at Chicago to the 15:40. While of the city of Chicago will leave to the 16:40 hours to arrive at the capital one duranguense to the 20:40 hours.
Is a matter of an airplane Embraer 190 jet of new generation with capacity for 99 passengers.
Old June 30th, 2009, 01:32 AM   #229
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

I booked an AeroMexico flight from San Antonio, TX to Monterrey, NL with a layover in Mexico City for the end of July and I'm excited.

I'm disappointed though that they canceled my 8:30pm flight to Monterrey and pushed me on to the 9:30pm flight to Monterrey. Flight 940 does not exist anymore and now I have to arrive at 11:00pm when the party I plan to attend starts at 10:30pm.

Does AeroMexico have a history of canceling flights out of the blue? At least I will have 4.5 hours instead of just 2.5 hours in order to watch planes at MEX. I wonder if that will be enough time to leave the airport and explore Mexico City for a bit.

Sadly I do not know Espanol much at all.
FM 2258 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 02:47 AM   #230
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Damn dude it seems you're pretty much ****ed, eh?

Kidding aside, no ever since the crisis and H1N1 came into affect it completely disoriented some daily schedules. Although it's not very common, you simply got caught in this mess. Well like you mentioned now you have four hours to kill in that huge metropolis. So take an airport cab ride and check out the city. If not some spotting will come in handy so you can share with us here... good luck!!!
Old June 30th, 2009, 02:49 AM   #231
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Honduran Unrest Doesn't Delay Aeromexico Plans

Aeromexico Will Still Launch Flights Despite Chaos in Honduras

POSTED: 4:02 pm CDT June 29, 2009
UPDATED: 4:41 pm CDT June 29, 2009

NEW ORLEANS -- AeroMexico is set to launch flights from New Orleans to Honduras starting next month. Airline officials will still launch flights even though there is unrest in Honduras after their president was thrown out Sunday.
Its service will go on as scheduled, starting July 7. For now, domestic flights have not been impacted by the coup in Honduras, AeroMexico said.
The military ousted him because he was planning a special election this weekend, which would allow him to stay in power after his term expires in January.
Depending on the situation in Honduras in the coming weeks, AeroMexico will decide whether to continue service.
AeroMexico will have six weekly non-stop flights between Louis Armstrong International Airport and Mexico City with convenient connecting service to San Pedro Sula International Airport in Honduras.
The route represents the first new international flight service in New Orleans since Hurricane Katrina.
Flights from New Orleans are part of AeroMexico’s strategic expansion in North America.
Copyright 2009 by WDSU.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Old June 30th, 2009, 05:09 AM   #232
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
At least I will have 4.5 hours instead of just 2.5 hours in order to watch planes at MEX. I wonder if that will be enough time to leave the airport and explore Mexico City for a bit.

Sadly I do not know Espanol much at all.
My colleague, i must tell you, YOU HAVE A LOT OF TIME...!!

Look, if you really wanna get around, grab an authorized taxi right outside of the arrivals hall... Ask them that you want to go around the downtown, for how much; they shouldn't charge you more than 60 pesos...

For that price, you can reach the best & basic touristic points of MEX... The historic centre and Zocalo, which is really close to the airport, and the Reforma & Polanco corridor, also close to airport. Those are the very basics of Mexico City... It will take around 2 hours... So you'll have plenty of time...
Old June 30th, 2009, 07:05 AM   #233
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 612

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern~Fern* View Post
Damn dude it seems you're pretty much ****ed, eh?

Kidding aside, no ever since the crisis and H1N1 came into affect it completely disoriented some daily schedules. Although it's not very common, you simply got caught in this mess. Well like you mentioned now you have four hours to kill in that huge metropolis. So take an airport cab ride and check out the city. If not some spotting will come in handy so you can share with us here... good luck!!!
Haha....yeah, totally ****ed. I keep forgetting about the H1N1. I doubt I'm gonna catch it...lol. I'll look up the airport cabs and see what it's like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayasCity View Post
My colleague, i must tell you, YOU HAVE A LOT OF TIME...!!

Look, if you really wanna get around, grab an authorized taxi right outside of the arrivals hall... Ask them that you want to go around the downtown, for how much; they shouldn't charge you more than 60 pesos...

For that price, you can reach the best & basic touristic points of MEX... The historic centre and Zocalo, which is really close to the airport, and the Reforma & Polanco corridor, also close to airport. Those are the very basics of Mexico City... It will take around 2 hours... So you'll have plenty of time...

That sounds good. I'll start studying up on how to get around Mexico City. Check in and security hopefully won't take too long since I'm going on a domestic flight when getting back to the airport.
FM 2258 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 07:11 AM   #234
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

^ Last I heard there was no new cases of H1N1 in the city. So you'll do pretty much swell and won't catch anything. Hopefully this info was valid and besides you're from TX...
Old June 30th, 2009, 07:31 AM   #235
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
Haha....yeah, totally ****ed. I keep forgetting about the H1N1. I doubt I'm gonna catch it...lol. I'll look up the airport cabs and see what it's like.

That sounds good. I'll start studying up on how to get around Mexico City. Check in and security hopefully won't take too long since I'm going on a domestic flight when getting back to the airport.
Right there at the taxi stands, you can ask them for the new promo flyers named Welcome to Mexico City International Airport...

But make sure you get to enjoy that incredibly nice city...
Old June 30th, 2009, 07:36 AM   #236
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
Right there at the taxi stands, you can ask them for the new promo flyers named Welcome to Mexico City International Airport...

But make sure you get to enjoy that incredibly nice city...
Is that where your from Playa DF?
Old June 30th, 2009, 08:08 AM   #237
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

No... i do visit it often on the other hand...
Old June 30th, 2009, 06:05 PM   #238
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
No... i do visit it often on the other hand...
^ I thought you'd lived there since your very aware of the City and whatnot. So are you in the States or down South of the Border?
Old June 30th, 2009, 11:10 PM   #239
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

FYI this article was translated...

.AeroMexico, Little Interest In Mexicana Airlines

www.eluniversal.com.mxMaricarmen Cortés
Desde el piso de remates</B>
30 de junio de 2009

José Luis "El Chaco" Barraza, president of AeroMéxico, assured that already the capitalization of 500 million pesos was carried out and that is imminent the agreement with the SCT to pay the 360 million pesos that owes the airline by concept of the IETU and that yes they will be compensated with the investment of more than 300 million pesos that carried out the business in the platform of the T2, because thus Way contract with the AICM was negotiated and ROASTS.
AeroMéxico announces tomorrow its new internet way reservations system with the entry that, according to Barraza, will be the best of Latin America, because will permit to detect the better rates according to the options of the day and schedule of flight.
As for the fusion with Mexicana De Aviacion recognizes that there is not too many synergies and that all will depend on the sale price.
Mexican HAS NOT SET SALE PRICE
Certainly that the shareholders of Mexicana de Aviacion, presidended by Gastón Azcárraga assure that they maintained a united and that have not set sale price.
The figure of 250 million dollars that Angel commented us Lozada, the president of Giant, he was —they tell us— only a joke when we ask if would be or not arranged to sell the airline to AeroMéxico.
What is a fact is that they paid more than 160 million dollars by Mexicana, a price of bargain and with difficulty they would be willing to sell the control under this price.

--------------------------------------------------------

Original article

AEROMÉXICO, POCO INTERÉS EN MEXICANA
José Luis El Chacho Barraza, presidente de Aeroméxico, aseguró que ya se realizó la capitalización de 500 millones de pesos y que es inminente el acuerdo con la SCT para pagar los 360 millones de pesos que adeuda la aerolínea por concepto del IETU y que sí serán compensados con la inversión de más de 300 millones de pesos que realizó la empresa en la plataforma de la T2, porque así se pactó vía contrato con el AICM y ASA.
Aeroméxico anuncia mañana su nuevo sistema de reservaciones vía internet con el portal que, según Barraza, será el mejor de América Latina, porque permitirá detectar las mejores tarifas según las opciones del día y horario de vuelo.
En cuanto a la fusión con Mexicana de Aviación reconoce que no hay demasiadas sinergias y que todo dependerá del precio de venta.
MEXICANA NO HA FIJADO PRECIO DE VENTA
Por cierto que los accionistas de Mexicana de Aviación, presididos por Gastón Azcárraga aseguran que se mantienen muy unidos y que no han fijado precio de venta.
La cifra de 250 millones de dólares que nos comentó Ángel Lozada, el presidente de Gigante, fue —nos dicen— sólo una broma cuando le preguntamos si estaría o no dispuesto a vender la aerolínea a Aeroméxico. Lo que es un hecho es que pagaron más de 160 millones de dólares por Mexicana, un precio de ganga y difícilmente estarían dispuestos a vender el control por debajo de este precio.
Old July 1st, 2009, 03:06 AM   #240
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern~Fern* View Post
^ I thought you'd lived there since your very aware of the City and whatnot. So are you in the States or down South of the Border?
No, i dont live there. I'm in Tijuana, south of San Diego. On some seasons i go to live to Chicago.

Tags
aeromexico, aviación, latin american airlines, méxico, north american airlines, skyteam