daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 10th, 2009, 04:23 AM   #261
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Likes (Received): 489

Mayor Ray Nagin in Mexico City this week

by The Times-Picayune Thursday July 09, 2009, 6:59 PM

New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin has spent the past several days in Mexico City on a trip designed to dovetail with the inaugural direct flight Tuesday by AeroMexico from New Orleans to the Mexican capital, his press office announced.
Courtesy of City HallMayor Ray Nagin meets this week with American Chamber of Commerce board members in Mexico City over a traditional lunch.

The Nagin administration did not mention the mayor's latest international travels until Thursday evening, when the press office issued an electronic dispatch titled, "Community News for July 9, 2009." The junket follows Nagin's 10-day economic development excursion last month to China and Australia.
It was not immediately clear who paid for the trip, when exactly Nagin left or when he would return. Communications Director Ceeon Quiett did not immediately respond to questions.
Photos provided with the news release show Regional Transit Authority Chairman Cesar Burgos, and state Reps. Karen Carter Peterson and Juan Lafonta, both New Orleans Democrats, attending at least one event with the mayor. A complete list of who accompanied Nagin was not provided.
According to the news release, Nagin delivered the keynote address at a Wednesday breakfast for more than 200 travel agents and travel writers hosted by the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau.
"Mayor Nagin talked about New Orleans as a one-of-a-kind travel destination, highlighting the city's offerings, including quality restaurants, hotels, entertainment and sports and family events," according to the release.
The "New Orleans delegation" also visited with Mexico Ambassador Carlos Rico, whose focus is U.S.-Mexico affairs, "to discuss potential partnerships between the two countries," the release states. Also on the agenda was a meeting with officials from the American Chamber of Commerce and the Mexican Embassy, and visit to the American Embassy.

Source: www.nola.com

Last edited by Fern~Fern*; July 10th, 2009 at 04:38 AM.
Fern~Fern* no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2009, 04:48 AM   #262
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

What the evil virus did to AeroMexico

AeroMéxico postpones the purchase of six airplanes that had predicted from here to 2010, for thus cushion the red numbers that the influenza left him. This, in spite of the fact that achieved a capitalization for 500 mdp, and agreements of savings with pilots, sobrecargos and personnel of land. And the fact is that the traffic of passengers of the airline fell 23 and 26% in May and June, and they expect that in July be 15% underneath. Not does not do only think to grow. The business that heads José Luis Barraza anticipates to reduce its fleet in 10 and even 14 airplanes, from here in order to the year -depending on as itself behavior the clientele of trips. In this manner, its fleet would patrol the 70 airships. AeroMéxico besides arranged the dismissal of 150 pilots and 290 sobrecargos unionized and canceled its plan of expansion in six national destinies and five international as Chetumal, Huatulco, Lazarus Purple and San José California, Medellín, San Francisco-The Tips. Besides that closed its stations of China, Rome, Albuquerque and Toluca.

Source: www.CNNExpansión.com
Old July 10th, 2009, 10:40 AM   #263
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

FYI Translated to English!

New air route

* In a first phase on Thursday will arrive, saturdays and Sundays, with the possibility that be newspaper, depending on the demand * Besides, Cozumel will have the opportunity of forming part of a bank of connections for different parts of Europe, Asia and America

By Antonio Defendant
COZUMEL, 9 of July.- the flight Arrives of AeroMéxico that will be connecting to the island with the capital of the Republic; the airplane arrived at the 95 percent of its capacity and an event was performed to receive it in the airport.
In a first phase, the flight will arrive the Thursday, Saturdays and Sundays of Mexico City toward Cozumel and vice versa, with the possibility that be newspaper, depending on the demand that be registered.
The first flight of this new route, that from Mexico City arrives, arrived around three o'clock and average in the afternoon to the airport of Cozumel, where the cars bomb of the service of emergency of the air terminal were formed to form an arch of water through which passed the airplane, like a form to welcome.
To its arrival, Alejandro Pérez Zubiría, commercial director of AeroMéxico, who was one of the personages that arrived at the island in this inaugural flight, said that the air company trusts in the island of Cozumel as tourist destiny and therefore agreed to supply the new route.
It explained that the chosen ship for this service, the to Tar Erj-145, is an airplane of Brazilian production that has capacity for 50 passengers and that in this opportunity arrived with 45 busy seats.
Besides, the executive detailed that AeroMéxico will communicate to the island with all the country and with the entire world, since Cozumel will have the opportunity to form part of a bank of connections since different parts of Europe, Asia and America, and besides announced that the island will be promoted in the different magazines in which the airline is promoted.
Besides, AeroMéxico has from now on a "code shared" with Mayair, the business that offers the air bridge between Cozumel and Cancun, with what a ticket for the island since any city can be bought that be united by air with Cancun through AeroMéxico, that as is known, is one of the two large airlines of our country, as indicated Jaime Valenzuela Tamarisk, director of Mayair.
In the inaugural event of this flight present the secretary of the City Hall been Lilia Mendoza, as well as the administrator of the airport Simón Salazar and the representative of the governor in the island, Germán Garcia Padilla; as well as the president of the business coordinating meeting of Cozumel, Demita of Lille Bad-tempered, who they cut the inaugural ribbon

www.poresto.net
Old July 10th, 2009, 09:23 PM   #264
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

More Morning Buzz News

www.bayoubuzz.com

Mayor C. Ray Nagin, who is in Mexico City following Tuesday's inaugural direct flight from New Orleans to Mexico City on AeroMexico, was the keynote speaker Wednesday at a breakfast event for travel agents and travel writers.

Mayor Nagin talked about New Orleans as a one-of-a-kind travel destination, highlighting the city's offerings, including quality restaurants, hotels, entertainment and sports and family events. More than 200 travel writers and travel agents attended the breakfast.

The AeroMexico flight is the first direct international flight from New Orleans since Hurricane Katrina. Travel time from New Orleans to Mexico is just over two hours. The flight also provides connecting service to San Pedro Sula, Honduras.

Thursday's breakfast was hosted by the New Orleans Convention and Visitors Bureau.

Old July 10th, 2009, 10:23 PM   #265
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

The Eagle Knight

www.aeromexico.com
For the ancient cultures of Mexico wings, or the human ability to fly, have three truly significant forms of expression: the Man-God Quetzalcóatl has feathers and appears impetuous and startled, as if he had just landed; there is also the ritual ceremony of the Voladores de Papantla (Fliers of Papantla) which is equally fascinating for those who perform the ritual and those who watch it since it offers a practical and obvious solution to the human desire to ride the wind; and finally the Aztecs had a military organization that privileged the Eagle Knights (Caballeros Águilas), warriors who were chosen because they had proved their courage, fearlessness and heroism in battle. For major public events, as well as for ritual sacrifices, the Aztecs organized spectacular ceremonies that included a form of military parade that featured the dance of the Eagle Knights who leapt as if they were birds ready to take flight. These were young men, dressed in coats of feathers, that carried spears, shields and covered their faces with masks made in the shape of an eagle’s head. Since the Eagle Knight is deeply rooted in our cultural heritage it was proudly chosen to be the emblem of AeroMéxico. With the same strength as the warrior we fight everyday to be a leading and socially responsible company that offers the kind of service our customers deserve.

Current Eagle Warrior on AeroMexico's Fleet...

Last edited by Fern~Fern*; July 10th, 2009 at 11:59 PM.
Fern~Fern* no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 11:33 PM   #266
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Likes (Received): 113

* Fern, here are some of the promised pictures of my property... More coming soon...

From my seat, inside EMB-145... view of planes at left wing of T2 South Pier... Two MD-88 can be seen...
image hosted on flickr
PlayasCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2009, 11:39 PM   #267
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Another seat view... Three EMB's and the airport bus that took us to board... Slightly, the tail of a 737...

image hosted on flickr
Old July 12th, 2009, 03:32 PM   #268
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayasCity View Post
Another seat view... Three EMB's and the airport bus that took us to board... Slightly, the tail of a 737...

image hosted on flickr
^ Hey thanks for sharing Playa, but why would you a bus take you. My understanding was that AM flights operate from T2.
Old July 12th, 2009, 09:11 PM   #269
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern~Fern* View Post
^ Hey thanks for sharing Playa, but why would you a bus take you. My understanding was that AM flights operate from T2.
Its because EMB's 145 seldomly get a contact position, they almost always are parked at remote ones... So, in the previous pic, if you follow closely, you'll see a bunch o buses parked under the terminal... Well, that's Gate 75F, where boarding for remote positions is reached, therefore the buses that take you to the planes...
Old July 13th, 2009, 02:54 AM   #270
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
Its because EMB's 145 seldomly get a contact position, they almost always are parked at remote ones... So, in the previous pic, if you follow closely, you'll see a bunch o buses parked under the terminal... Well, that's Gate 75F, where boarding for remote positions is reached, therefore the buses that take you to the planes...

Oh good you actually understood my 1st grade grammar... I tend to do that when I type quickly and don't follow up on what I wrote. Anyhow, so about the remote positions are designed strickly for E145's, right? So everything else from an E190 and above gets a gate regartdless of the destination. Which I think it would be just horrific to pay for premier to an International destination on a 777 and have to be taken to a remote site. For crying outloud hopefully not, this is definetely not MX...

So do you happened to have pix of the interior of these E145. One more thing these do have toilets, eh?
Old July 13th, 2009, 05:28 AM   #271
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Quote:
Anyhow, so about the remote positions are designed strickly for E145's, right? So everything else from an E190 and above gets a gate regartdless of the destination. Which I think it would be just horrific to pay for premier to an International destination on a 777 and have to be taken to a remote site. For crying outloud hopefully not, this is definetely not MX...
No, that's not the rule... Mostly, the EMB-145's are confined to remote, but sometimes, very seldom, they get a jetway... If you've flown on those, you'll know how inconvenient is to reach the jetway given the size of the plane...

However, also EMB-190's are sometimes parked at remotes... But they're more likely to be on contact ones...

Quote:
So do you happened to have pix of the interior of these E145. One more thing these do have toilets, eh?
No, I've never pictured the inside... But they're quite simple... One single-seat row at the left, and one double-seat row at the right...

145's usually fly routes of 1 hr or less, but sometimes, they are sent for longer routes, which can turn out to be quite boring, due to the lack of TV or any music other than your iPod...

And yes, these do have toilets...
Old July 13th, 2009, 08:14 AM   #272
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

More of AM... These belong to a friend, we were both at the airport, he was the one who took the pix...

On the jetway... one 777 may be seen, also a 737 Continental landing...
Old July 13th, 2009, 08:15 AM   #273
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Inside the plane... An EMB-190...

Old July 13th, 2009, 08:26 AM   #274
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Nice pix, so is that what Am offers from Tij to Mex T2 a E145. I could have swear they offered 737 on that route, am I missing something?

Also do these E145 have Clase Premiere in them if so there most likely to be 1+1. Since you've mentioned above that the configuration was set up as 2+1.
Old July 15th, 2009, 11:18 PM   #275
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Quote:
Nice pix, so is that what Am offers from Tij to Mex T2 a E145. I could have swear they offered 737 on that route, am I missing something?
NO WAY...

It's a 3, 30 hrs flight...

The TIJ-MEX route is one of the busiest in Mexico... All routes are operated with 737 and above... Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Saturdays & Sundays, some of the flights are operated under 777 or 767's...

When AM still had the 757, they used it also...

Quote:

Also do these E145 have Clase Premiere in them if so there most likely to be 1+1. Since you've mentioned above that the configuration was set up as 2+1.
No, they do not... They are single-cabin...

* And maybe yeah, you're missing something... In any of the previous px i was to/from TIJ... I was doing other flights...
Old July 16th, 2009, 09:46 PM   #276
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Speaking if 757's I wonder if by any chance they will be re-intriduce into the fleetbsomeday.... Most likely not but sure would be good if they did
Old July 17th, 2009, 10:32 PM   #277
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Those 757's were nice... I flew on one in 2007 for the last time prior to AM retiring them from the fleet...

But AM's 757 fleet was aging... From the 80's i believe...

I dont think they will re-insert them... 737-800's are almost the same & more efficient... Those replaced the 757 fleet...
Old July 19th, 2009, 12:23 AM   #278
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
Those 757's were nice... I flew on one in 2007 for the last time prior to AM retiring them from the fleet...

But AM's 757 fleet was aging... From the 80's i believe...

I dont think they will re-insert them... 737-800's are almost the same & more efficient... Those replaced the 757 fleet...
^ Dude, how can you compare a 57 with a 38, no way... Too bad Boeing never did anything to replace the 57 at all!!!!

So when are we getting some more of your traveling pix?
Old July 19th, 2009, 12:41 AM   #279
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Quote:
^ Dude, how can you compare a 57 with a 38, no way... Too bad Boeing never did anything to replace the 57 at all!!!!

So when are we getting some more of your traveling pix?
Oh come on, 757's are really cool... But 738's, they are the future...

About the pix, well, I haven't uploaded them... I'll get my self some time...
Old July 19th, 2009, 12:49 AM   #280
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
Oh come on, 757's are really cool... But 738's, they are the future...

About the pix, well, I haven't uploaded them... I'll get my self some time...
^ 38 are the future 87 are the future!!!!!!!!!!

Tags
aeromexico, aviación, latin american airlines, méxico, north american airlines, skyteam