daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 16th, 2015, 03:15 AM   #681
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Likes (Received): 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
You mean the B737-700 will be replaced with the B737-800? The B737-700 can fly a bit longer than the -800 variant... perhaps it should consider getting the B737-900ER so that it can operate to even more routes.

And by the way, has Aeromexico considered getting any Airbus aircraft, or is it staunchly loyal with Boeing?
Yes, the 37 is being replaced with more 38's. As far as the 39, nope can't do with a hot and high airport most of the time. The aircraft will be penalized and they have to choose on either the cargo or passengers for most routes. Which is not doable with for AeroMexico's planning dept.

Now you asked about an Airbus fleet with AeroMexico...not likely due to loyalty to Boeing. Don't want to confirm that for future orders but the way things are utilize simply no.

Airbus has never really approach AeroMexico with a kick butt deal. maybe now that Mexicana Airlines went belly up Airbus customers we shall see.

Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2015, 04:35 AM   #682
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11258

Ah I see... so it seems that less choices can be made for Aeromexico to operate other aircraft other than what Boeing offers... However, its partner airline Aeromexico Connect operates Embraer ERJ aircraft quite successfully.

By the way, have you heard of a special service by AM called Aeromexico Contigo?

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
fieldsofdreams está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2015, 04:53 AM   #683
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
Ah I see... so it seems that less choices can be made for Aeromexico to operate other aircraft other than what Boeing offers... However, its partner airline Aeromexico Connect operates Embraer ERJ aircraft quite successfully.

By the way, have you heard of a special service by AM called Aeromexico Contigo?

Per discussions about Airbus fleet doable for AM are very limited. For example, A330-300 would not work in Mexico's altitude but the 200 model yes. Another example A320 yes, A321 not really and penalized. A350, not too sure yet of it's capabilities in a hot and high airport.

AeroMexico Contigo is mainly non-business high density O&D ethnic traffic in North America (Mexico/USA) routes.
Old January 16th, 2015, 05:42 AM   #684
ddes

Likes (Received): 935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern~Fern* View Post
Per discussions about Airbus fleet doable for AM are very limited. For example, A330-300 would not work in Mexico's altitude but the 200 model yes. Another example A320 yes, A321 not really and penalized. A350, not too sure yet of it's capabilities in a hot and high airport.
*coughIberiacough*

Bottom line, Aeromexico is pro-Boeing. Always have been, I believe, primarily politically motivated. It's really not down to whether Airbus products are good or not. AM will not buy Airbus, period.

Fern~Fern* liked this post
ddes no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2015, 06:44 AM   #685
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddes View Post
*coughIberiacough*

Bottom line, Aeromexico is pro-Boeing. Always have been, I believe, primarily politically motivated. It's really not down to whether Airbus products are good or not. AM will not buy Airbus, period.
Pro-Boeing, possibly but not written in stone.

Well to be honest Iberia flies A340-600 a soon to be an obsolete bird. I'm not too sure what the future bird will be for IB in Mexico. Most likely to be an A330-200 high density seating to continue offering same seat coverage of their daily double between Mexico/Madrid.

An Airbus frame with AeroMexico livery would look insanely magnificent to be honest...

Last edited by Fern~Fern*; January 16th, 2015 at 06:52 AM. Reason: Difficult typing with cell phone...
Fern~Fern* no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2015, 07:06 AM   #686
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

What about an Airbus A350XWB for Aeromexico, if it ever considers to get one?

Rohnert Park • Rio Vista • Richmond • Redwood City • Portola Valley • Pleasanton • Pleasant Hill
Old January 16th, 2015, 07:15 AM   #687
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:

Airbus totally skipped Mexico in their flight tour.
Old January 16th, 2015, 07:43 AM   #688
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Well, I think Airbus should visit Mexico City to see if the A350XWB can work in high and dry conditions. Perhaps, the aircraft manufacturer should also convince other Mexican carriers to acquire more long-haul aircraft to broaden their horizons...

Old January 16th, 2015, 09:02 AM   #689
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
Well, I think Airbus should visit Mexico City to see if the A350XWB can work in high and dry conditions. Perhaps, the aircraft manufacturer should also convince other Mexican carriers to acquire more long-haul aircraft to broaden their horizons...
Exactly!!!

Maybe even use it on the new upcoming Asian route this year. So far no aircraft can do non-stop Mexico City to Tokyo/Shanghai and possibly Seoul, Beijing or Hong Kong later this year. But like mentioned before not sure of the capabilities with this type of airport. Maybe an Airbus expert can answer that question about the new A350?
Old January 16th, 2015, 09:19 AM   #690
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

You can hop over to this thread for more information and ask that question. Yet, I wonder: do you think it would be a good idea to fly via Honolulu instead of Tijuana so that its long-haul aircraft can be better utilized?

Old January 16th, 2015, 10:28 AM   #691
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
You can hop over to this thread for more information and ask that question. Yet, I wonder: do you think it would be a good idea to fly via Honolulu instead of Tijuana so that its long-haul aircraft can be better utilized?
Thanks for the thread info...

Unfortunately to travel to Asia via Honolulu is the visa issue. So AM makes a tech stop either in Tijuana for Shanghai and Monterrey for Tokio.
Old January 16th, 2015, 10:31 AM   #692
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Ah I see. Makes a lot of sense. But I think both Mexican cities should be served nonstop from either Asian city so that trade and tourism can grow. I was thinking: can the B787 perform Tijuana-Manila well, if not the B777? I ask for Manila because it has deep ties with Mexico, especially that it was colonized by Spain for hundreds of years, and I think it can provide an alternative to flying to and from San Diego...

Old January 16th, 2015, 10:45 AM   #693
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
Ah I see. Makes a lot of sense. But I think both Mexican cities should be served nonstop from either Asian city so that trade and tourism can grow. I was thinking: can the B787 perform Tijuana-Manila well, if not the B777? I ask for Manila because it has deep ties with Mexico, especially that it was colonized by Spain for hundreds of years, and I think it can provide an alternative to flying to and from San Diego...

Even with the newer lighter 787 its not feasible to do Asia at all. Now lets also keep in mind that in 5yrs or less the new airport will have longer runways. Hopefully it makes a significant difference for future long hauls out of Mex.

You Mexico City-Manila via Tijuana and/or Monterrey would be a successful flight. True about historical thighs and all but then theres the visa issue...
Old January 18th, 2015, 11:12 AM   #694
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Yes, that's the main issue. However, if another airline will continue on to Brazil or several other countries in South America, Filipinos will not need a visa for a certain period of time. I really hope that the government of Mexico can ease visa restrictions for Filipinos so that they can travel to that nation... wherein we share a lot of common themes, one of the most important ones being Our Lady of Guadalupe.

Aeromexico B767-300ER (WL), revised livery (reg. XA-UTC)

Fern~Fern*, patel2897 liked this post
Old January 19th, 2015, 03:59 AM   #695
Tatanmr
Avionics ...

Likes (Received): 618

Quote:
I think is easier that Interjet order A350 or A330 than Aeromexico.

Last edited by Tatanmr; January 19th, 2015 at 05:59 AM.
Tatanmr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2015, 05:46 AM   #696
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
Yes, that's the main issue. However, if another airline will continue on to Brazil or several other countries in South America, Filipinos will not need a visa for a certain period of time. I really hope that the government of Mexico can ease visa restrictions for Filipinos so that they can travel to that nation... wherein we share a lot of common themes, one of the most important ones being Our Lady of Guadalupe.

Aeromexico B767-300ER (WL), revised livery (reg. XA-UTC)

Hey I'm with you on the visa issue and whatnot. I figure the easing-up on the visa would come after some bi-lateral agreement within both countries. Like you mentioned about the historical ties you would had expected more communication and easier flow of traffic. Only thing that comes to mind is that Mexico is expanding agreements to become a major player on tourism. So with that said, I would not be surprise of any changes for Pinoy travelers to Mexico.

I do recall a few weeks ago Presidente Pena Nieto had a stop over in the Filipinas from his trip to Australia and meet with some important key people. So that definitely tells you the mutual friendship of both countries.

Btw, he meet with a Lady name Kris Aquino due to the Presidente Benigno's absence. The meet took place at Villamor Airbase last November.

fieldsofdreams liked this post
Old February 4th, 2015, 08:36 AM   #697
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Soon it shall be coming home...

Old February 21st, 2015, 06:26 AM   #698
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Looks like AeroMexico is getting ready to serve Honolulu, Hawaii from it's Hub in Mexico City.

Article is in Spanish, but waiting for official notification from AM. So we can add this to all the upcoming new International routes for 2015:

Medellin, Colombia (March 2)

Panama City, Panama (May 14)

Toronto, Canada (May 4)

Boston, Mass (June 1)

Honolulu, Hawaii (Pending)*

Read more @ http://www.reportur.com/mexico/2015/...-con-honolulu/

fieldsofdreams liked this post
Old February 21st, 2015, 06:39 AM   #699
diablo234
Oh No He Didn't

I find it hard to believe that there is enough demand from Hawaii to Mexico to necessitate nonstop flights.
diablo234 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 21st, 2015, 06:45 AM   #700
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo234 View Post
I find it hard to believe that there is enough demand from Hawaii to Mexico to necessitate nonstop flights.

Yes sir, Mexican tourism to the Island in growing rapidly.

Tags
aeromexico, aviaciσn, latin american airlines, mιxico, north american airlines, skyteam