daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 22nd, 2009, 02:10 AM   #81
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkodemo View Post
Competition is hard!!!!

I'd like to see more flights between my city (Villahermosa) and Monterrey!!!
Ya hay uno de VivaAerobus q no... jajaja
PlayasCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 22nd, 2009, 02:26 AM   #82
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern~Fern* View Post
Competition is hard between AeroMexico and who??? Since AM is Mexico's Flag Carrier it should not have any difficulties on these domestic routes with loads. They've seemed to cover the entire continent to make easier international connections for it's clientele...

So how many daily flights are currently operation between Monterey and Villahermosa as we speak. Hopefully when Terminal B is finally innagurated AeroMexico should extend it's network out of this important Hub. Who knows maybe they will offer more connections to your beloved Villahermosa, right?
Well my friend, I previously read you've never flown with Mexicana... am I right...??

Let me say that both Aeromexico and Mexicana are Mexico's flag carriers, as it happens in many other countries which have more than one national carrier...

I believe Nikkodemo was referring to the recent aggressive expansion of Mexicana, which according to some business magazines is now Mexico's largest carrier, while other mention AM as the largest one still...

Mexicana recently began an aggresive renovation plan, including the expansion of its international network with new long-haul routes, introduction of new A330, new frequent-flyer program & improvements of its VIP lounges at MEX T1, the extension of the coverage of the domestic market with the launching of new MexicanaLink (competitor of AM Travel) and rebranding of MexicanaClick (competitor of AM Connect), and according to AvionRevue, a fleet renewal plan is in process for MX Click...

On the other side, Aeromexico has recently, as you have recorded here, launched a network expansion within the continent, mainly due to lack of long-haul fleet... As I was reading, AM expects to consolidate its services this year, and no new aircraft for mainline AM will be introduced, says AvionRevue. However, AM Connect has been greatly expanded with new domestic routes, such as those of Nuevo Laredo, San Luis Potosi and Tepic, thanks to the introduction of 7 new EMB-145...

As for me personally, AM & MX are very good at service... I feel them each as an extension of the other
Old April 22nd, 2009, 07:13 AM   #83
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Likes (Received): 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayasCity View Post
Well my friend, I previously read you've never flown with Mexicana... am I right...??
Let's definitely analize the situation in part according to your well informative post... No I've never flown with MX, my dad has and he hates it. He calls los pollores airline, why, per him this is a second class Mexican airline. On the other hand he explains AeroMexico is a bit more expensive but very well worth it. Once again per my dad... On board service is excellent and the times I flown with them I never had any negative feedback to share.

Quote:
Let me say that both Aeromexico and Mexicana are Mexico's flag carriers, as it happens in many other countries which have more than one national carrier...
I myself do not live in Mexico nor I've ever lived in Mexico, so to my eyes and the majority on none Mexican Residents, AeroMexico is known as Mexico's flag carrier since they offer more International flights out of the America's...

Quote:
I believe Nikkodemo was referring to the recent aggressive expansion of Mexicana, which according to some business magazines is now Mexico's largest carrier, while other mention AM as the largest one still...
That's actually great that MX is expanding and whatnot but here the important matter is AeroMexico's success on the domestic market... Which I'm hopimg they have a kick ass planning department and/or individual to make AM aggressive expansion a success...

Quote:
Mexicana recently began an aggresive renovation plan, including the expansion of its international network with new long-haul routes, introduction of new A330, new frequent-flyer program & improvements of its VIP lounges at MEX T1, the extension of the coverage of the domestic market with the launching of new MexicanaLink (competitor of AM Travel) and rebranding of MexicanaClick (competitor of AM Connect), and according to AvionRevue, a fleet renewal plan is in process for MX Click...
Good to know that MX is attempting an aggressive renovation plan. To be honest this is the first I hear about such a major change....Hey so competition is good and most importantly for the traveler, right?

Quote:
On the other side, Aeromexico has recently, as you have recorded here, launched a network expansion within the continent, mainly due to lack of long-haul fleet... As I was reading, AM expects to consolidate its services this year, and no new aircraft for mainline AM will be introduced, says AvionRevue. However, AM Connect has been greatly expanded with new domestic routes, such as those of Nuevo Laredo, San Luis Potosi and Tepic, thanks to the introduction of 7 new EMB-145...
Excellent news about AM's domestic network expansion to make AICM T2 a real connection hub for incoming internatinal travel. Sadly enough no new long haul fleet in the horizon but who knows maybe AM will have a major surprise before we know it. Like the 7 new E-145 out of the blues same can happen with wide bodies (fingers crossed) only time will tell...

Quote:
As for me personally, AM & MX are very good at service... I feel them each as an extension of the other
I would have to disagree with you on this one, an extension of each other, what!!!??? Oh come now Playascity!!!!
Old April 24th, 2009, 09:43 AM   #84
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern~Fern* View Post
Let's definitely analize the situation in part according to your well informative post... No I've never flown with MX, my dad has and he hates it. He calls los pollores airline, why, per him this is a second class Mexican airline. On the other hand he explains AeroMexico is a bit more expensive but very well worth it. Once again per my dad... On board service is excellent and the times I flown with them I never had any negative feedback to share.

Good to know that MX is attempting an aggressive renovation plan. To be honest this is the first I hear about such a major change....Hey so competition is good and most importantly for the traveler, right?

I would have to disagree with you on this one, an extension of each other, what!!!??? Oh come now Playascity!!!!
My colleague, I respect your father's opinion towards MX, and so I believe you should try it too either to prove or reprove his critics...

I couldn't figure out how exactly your dad calls MX...

AM & MX manage almost the same fares... Let me clear this, AM is not a bit more expensive than MX (I mean, that isn't a rule), as MX is sometimes more than AM; this happens inversely for both... The fares thing is entirely upon routes, travel times, when u buy the ticket, the tariff u buy, etc...

As you did with AM, as of today I've never had a negative feedback on MX... Even, I mention, AM has gone a step down regarding catering (except Clase Premier), since they now had to cut costs and they now offer the "Aeromexico Box Lunch", somewhat similar to that SWA small lunchbox... MX, on the other hand, keeps its catering the same...

Its hard to say they actually compete... For example, AM's frequent flyer miles can be redeemed at MX, and u can earn miles flying with them too... They have codeshared flights, endosable tickets among each other, access to both MX & AM premium lounges for either MexicanaGo or Club Premier members... and so on... Not to mention they actually remain Mexico's traditional & largest carriers (and are regarded as such by passengers), which I belive, ensures them passengers for ever...

So that may explain why I consider them as an extension of each other...
Old April 27th, 2009, 07:31 AM   #85
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
My colleague, I respect your father's opinion towards MX, and so I believe you should try it too either to prove or reprove his critics...

I couldn't figure out how exactly your dad calls MX...

AM & MX manage almost the same fares... Let me clear this, AM is not a bit more expensive than MX (I mean, that isn't a rule), as MX is sometimes more than AM; this happens inversely for both... The fares thing is entirely upon routes, travel times, when u buy the ticket, the tariff u buy, etc...

As you did with AM, as of today I've never had a negative feedback on MX... Even, I mention, AM has gone a step down regarding catering (except Clase Premier), since they now had to cut costs and they now offer the "Aeromexico Box Lunch", somewhat similar to that SWA small lunchbox... MX, on the other hand, keeps its catering the same...

Its hard to say they actually compete... For example, AM's frequent flyer miles can be redeemed at MX, and u can earn miles flying with them too... They have codeshared flights, endosable tickets among each other, access to both MX & AM premium lounges for either MexicanaGo or Club Premier members... and so on... Not to mention they actually remain Mexico's traditional & largest carriers (and are regarded as such by passengers), which I belive, ensures them passengers for ever...

So that may explain why I consider them as an extension of each other...

I somewhat agree with you...

On the other hand you're problaly a frequent flyer on both Airlines and would have more indight information and whanot, although I really do not agree with you 100%. I myself choose to fly AeroMexico when heading down south of the border and most likely will continue. Hey next time you get a 2X1 with mx you might want to invite me to experience flying with another Mexican Airline, so keep me posted and whanot...
Old April 27th, 2009, 07:34 AM   #86
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Anxious Travelers Worry Over Flu Outbreak

LOS ANGELES (AP) ―

Travelers bound for Mexico from Los Angeles said they are nervous about the reports of swine flu sweeping the country, but not enough to cancel their trips.

It appeared to be business as usual at check-in counters for AeroMexico at Los Angeles International Airport, where agents said they were given no special instructions regarding the flu outbreak that has killed 86 and sickened about 1,400 in Mexico.

But it was a different story with edgy passengers heading south of the border. Martin Vertiz, 58, a Mexico City teacher, arrived at LAX with several dozen students after a two-week exchange program at a Redondo Beach high school. He'd purchased paper face masks for everyone in the group but hadn't distributed them yet for fear of alarming the teenagers. He said the kids were nervous.

In a statement, airport officials said custodians are sanitizing door knobs, handrails and faucets on a regular basis.

(© 2009 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Old April 27th, 2009, 10:57 AM   #87
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Swine flu outbreak at worst possible time for AeroMexico

April 26, 10:54 PM · 1 comment

ShareThis Feed

Back in February, in my first weekly aviation news roundup, one of the headlines read: AeroMexico Launches Denver-Mexico City Flights. In the article, Frank Galan, the Vice President if AeroMexico’s U.S. division said at the time the coming months include several heavy travel periods to Mexico, including spring break in March.
Just a few days before word of this swine flu outbreak broke, I saw a map displaying all of the active flights heading towards Cancun from all around the world. It was staggering and surprised those of us who were looking at it. This is probably because as of about a month ago when I was looking at airfares to resorts in Mexico, it was shockingly cheap.
Of course, the other issue tourists have to consider when traveling south of the border is the outbreak of violence and kidnappings. This flu outbreak hopefully won’t be the straw that breaks the camels back and throw that country into total chaos and anarchy. But the signs are not good.
The Archdiocese in Mexico City cancelled all masses. This is a big deal in a city of nearly 9 million people. Markets and restaurants have been closed. The people who are venturing out are wearing surgical masks. The government stopped public events and shut museums, bars and stadiums. Hopefully, martial law isn’t right around the corner.
This couldn’t have come at a worse time for Mexico’s tourist industry, which normally would be kicking into high gear right about now. Another quote by AeroMexico’s VP in February could prove prophetic: "The next few months are going to be the months that makes or breaks us."
Old April 27th, 2009, 08:30 PM   #88
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Last updated April 27, 2009 9:21 a.m. PT
No special swine flu screening at Sea-Tac

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
SEATAC, Wash. -- Sea-Tac Airport spokesman Perry Cooper says there's no special alert or screening of passengers for swine flu at the airport.
He says the airport Sea-Tac is prepared with a quarantine area at the south satellite that can hold several hundred people. It's only been used once to hold a few people while they were screened for avian flu.
Perry says Alaska Airlines has three flight daily from the west coast of Mexico. The next AeroMexico plane from Mexico City is due to arrive Wednesday.
Old April 28th, 2009, 12:04 AM   #89
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Mexico flights to Narita face flu scrutiny

By MINORU MATSUTANI
Staff writer
The government issued orders Monday for doctors and nurses to board aircraft from Mexico at Narita airport starting Wednesday to check passengers and crew for infection of a deadly new virus that combines swine, avian and human influenza.
All arrivals will be required to fill out health questionnaires, and doctors will check people who complain of flulike symptoms while they are still on board, Akimori Mizoguchi of the health ministry said. Those without symptoms will not be tested as a check would be unlikely to detect the flu in an early stage of infection, he added.

Contact information and test results for those without symptoms or who test negative will be sent to local health centers, which will keep in touch with the recent arrivals, he said. If no symptoms occur within 10 days of leaving Mexico, there is little risk of infection, he added.
Although the ministry sometimes takes similar steps when passengers complain of nausea and other ailments, it is rare to dispatch doctors to perform onboard checks on airliners before any complaints are reported, he said.
The decision emerged from a crisis meeting of Cabinet members convened Monday to study the seriousness of the disease, which has killed more than 100 in Mexico and infected people in the United States, Canada, New Zealand and Spain. There are also suspected cases in other parts of Europe, South America and Israel.
"It is necessary to take steps to limit damage to public health and maintain social and economic functions," Chief Cabinet Secretary Takeo Kawamura said. "The government will take all possible measures by closely cooperating with other countries, based on the recognition that countermeasures are important for crisis management."
No cases of the new swine flu strain have been reported in Japan, he said.
Doctors will meet direct flights from Mexico operated twice a week by Mexican airline AeroMexico, and Japan Airlines' twice-a-week flights from Mexico via Vancouver, British Columbia, Mizoguchi said. Kansai and Chubu international airports do not handle Mexico flights.
Passengers arriving from Mexico will receive announcements in Japanese and English asking them to report to quarantine officers if they are experiencing flulike symptoms, Mizoguchi said, adding that announcements in Spanish and other languages will be arranged as soon as possible.
On Saturday, quarantine offices at Narita and two other international airports began using more temperature-measuring devices to detect passengers with a fever. So far no passengers at the three airports have been intercepted by quarantine officers.
Japan's international airports began using the devices in 2003 after the SARS outbreak in China the previous year.
After the Cabinet meeting, Health, Labor and Welfare Minister Yoichi Masuzoe told reporters he will place priority on pursuing a vaccine to counter swine flu instead of producing vaccines against seasonal influenza.
Finance Minister Kaoru Yosano suggested at a press conference that he is ready to take budgetary steps, if necessary, to counter swine flu. "It is important to freely use money and manpower in order to address an issue affecting public health," he said.
Meanwhile, farm minister Shigeru Ishiba said Japan has no plans to ban imports of pork from Mexico or the United States, emphasizing the strict sanitary steps maintained by those countries for their foreign-bound pork products.
At the crisis meeting, the government said it will gather information on swine flu in Mexico and other countries and monitor the reaction of the World Health Organization.
It will also boost support for Japanese living overseas, including Mexico, while providing medical care to those who enter Japan from affected countries and are infected or feared to be infected with swine flu.
"We want people to be cautious, check announcements by the government and act calmly," Kawamura said.
On Saturday, the WHO advised all nations to be alert for unusual flu outbreaks following reports of swine flu infections in humans in Mexico, the U.S. and Canada.
Japan had 24,104 Mexican visitors in 2008, according to the Japan National Tourism Organization, while 69,946 Japanese went to Mexico in the same year, the Japan Association of Travel Agents said.
Information from Kyodo added
Old April 28th, 2009, 07:08 AM   #90
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Airport Keeps Close Eye On Mexico Travel

Albuquerque International Sunport Officials Protect Against Swine Flu

POSTED: 7:06 pm MDT April 27, 2009
UPDATED: 8:04 pm MDT April 27, 2009

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- The Albuquerque International Sunport is on high alert with the threat of the swine flu.
Officials at the Sunport are keeping a close eye on flights coming in from Mexico.
"We don't want to cause any sort of panic, but people should be aware of things." said Dan Jiron with the Sunport.
Workers have been briefed on what to do if they suspect a passenger is infected. If workers in customs suspect a passenger has the swine flu they're supposed to isolate the traveler then call the CDC. So far, they haven't had to do this.
AeroMexico is the only airline flying back and forth from Albuquerque to Chihuahua, Mexico. They offer a few flights a week.
Most of the passengers on Monday's flight said they weren't concerned about getting the disease.
"I didn't have any contact with sick people or anything." said Maria Petroff who just returned from visiting her father in Mexico.
Petroff said she notice some changes at the airport in Mexico. She said workers were wearing mask and asking more questions of travelers.
Others KOAT talked to said they weren't as calm about the potential threat of swine flu.
"It's frightening, absolutely frightening, I cant believe I was going to go." said Gena Coldwell.
Coldwell was at the Sunport Monday canceling her flight to Mexico.
Old April 28th, 2009, 07:14 AM   #91
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

AeroMexico Addresses the Recent Influenza Outbreak to Help Protect Health of the Public, Passengers & Employees

April 27, 2009 07:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time

HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--AeroMexico has announced preventive measures the airline has put in place, as well as instructions it is following from the Ministry of Health in Mexico, in connection with the recent swine flu influenza outbreak to help protect the health of the general public, its passengers and employees. Airline procedures include the following:
1. AeroMexico flight and ground crews must follow airline regulations and be in good health to be on duty.
2. The processing of food served on board is being done under strict sanitary controls by the food production staff.
3. The air conditioning systems continually change the interior air on its planes by drawing in clean air, which enters the cabin and exits under the fuselage, using a compression motor with a control valve.
Additionally, any passengers who show influenza-like symptoms will not be allowed to board the plane. These passengers will be allowed to change the date of their ticket at no additional cost (in the same class of service).
AeroMexico said that other passengers traveling to, from or through Mexico with concerns due to the swine flu outbreak may also rebook their flight without being charged a penalty fee (in the same class of service).
Changes to flight reservations for these passengers must be made by May 15, 2009. Passengers should call 1- 800-237-6639 to rebook their flight and should consult the airline’s flexible flight change policy on AeroMexico’s Web site at www.aeromexico.com for additional details.
Currently, AeroMexico operations are completely normal and there has been no detection of cases that have required intervention by the authorities.
To support these measures, AeroMexico is working with Mexico City International Airport officials and officials at other airports in areas of Mexico that have been affected by the influenza outbreak to get passengers to fill out forms at the ticket counters to help determine that they do not have influenza symptoms before they are allowed through security to board aircraft. The airline is working with medical specialists in the airports who are providing authorizations for boarding as needed.
AeroMexico is committed to providing responsible service to the general public, passengers and airline and airport personnel, and the airline is initiating these preventive measures to help ensure their well being.
AeroMexico and its subsidiary, AeroMexico Connect, currently operate more than 600 daily flights through the airline’s new Terminal 2 at its Mexico City International Airport hub to 40 destinations in Mexico, 16 U.S. locations in 11 states, two cities in two Canadian provinces, as well as 12 major cities that include Tokyo, Paris and Buenos Aires in 11 other countries in Latin America, Europe and Asia. U.S. cities served are Los Angeles, Ontario (Ca.), San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle-Tacoma, Las Vegas, Phoenix, Albuquerque, Denver, San Antonio, Houston, Atlanta, Chicago, New York City, Orlando and Miami. The airline serves Toronto and Montreal in Canada. AeroMexico Vacations provides customized vacation travel packages throughout this network. The airline also offers connecting service to other international destinations through its SkyTeam global airline alliance with 11 full member carriers and three associate carriers. AeroMexico has been recognized for its award-winning style of personalized in-flight service, one of the world’s best on-time flight records, the highest safety and quality standards ratings, outstanding reliability and baggage handling performance, and exceptional value based on its competitive fares and superior service. Additional information is available at www.aeromexico.com or 1-800-237-6639.

Contacts

For AeroMexico
Nancy Del Regno, 214-932-6102
214-206-5629 (c)
[email protected]
or
Hank Tatum, 214-932-6078
214-289-6899 (c)
[email protected]

Permalink: http://www.businesswire.com/news/goo...90427006477/en
Old April 29th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #92
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

AeroMexico's New Orleans flight could be hit by flu scare|

NEW ORLEANS (AP) — The swine flu outbreak comes at a bad time for New Orleans and its newest airline.
AeroMexico announced earlier this month that the airline plans to launch the first international flight from New Orleans since Hurricane Katrina to Mexico City. That city has emerged as the epicenter of the swine flu scare. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has recommended that travelers postpone "nonessential" trips to Mexico.
Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport aviation director Sean Hunter said the airline may see an impact on their booking. Hunter said it won't have a positive effect.
AeroMexico does not begin flying from New Orleans until July, but if travelers continue avoiding the country through the summer months, local taxpayers could be on the hook for thousands of dollars.
To lure AeroMexico back to New Orleans, the city guaranteed the company would not lose money on its New Orleans flights during its first six months of service.

Belinda Little-Wood, a city economic development official, said she is not overly concerned about the swine flu's impact on flights because the service does not begin until July 6. If the scare becomes a full-blown crisis, the city and airport would consider delaying the inaugural flight, she said.
AeroMexico spokeswoman Susan Del Regno said it is too early to offer "anything specific" about the New Orleans service.
"We're looking at this as a temporary situation," Little-Wood said.
The city would be responsible for a maximum payment of $500,000 to the airline under the current agreement, which will be renegotiated after the airline's first six months in service, Little-Wood said.

http://www.usatoday.com
Old April 29th, 2009, 08:22 PM   #93
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Mexico-Japan flight passengers cleared of swine flu

Wed Apr 29,2009
AFP
TOKYO, April 29, 2009 (AFP) - Health officials said they found no cases of swine flu Wednesday when they inspected around 200 people who arrived here aboard a flight from Mexico City via the tourist resort of Tijuana.
It was the first direct flight to Japan from Mexico, the centre of the global swine flu outbreak, since the World Health Organisation (WHO) Tuesday raised its alert to signal a "significant increase in risk of a pandemic."
One man in his 40s tested negative for swine flu after complaining of a fever and a sore throat, airport officials said.
No outbreak of the new flu in humans has been confirmed in Japan.
Seven inspectors, wearing protective clothing, masks, goggles and gloves, checked 185 passengers and 13 crew members aboard the AeroMexico Boeing 777 for about an hour at Tokyo's Narita airport, the officials said.
Among the passengers was Japanese boxer Tomoki Kameda, 17, who had undergone training in Mexico for about two months.
"Everybody was wearing a mask in Mexico," said Kameda, the youngest of three boxing brothers including former World Boxing Association light flyweight champion Koki Kameda.
"I was told by my family to come back ahead of schedule," he told reporters.
"I didn't expect myself to come back this way. But I want to go back to Mexico because I love the country."
-AFP

www.travel.asiaone.com
Old May 1st, 2009, 02:40 AM   #94
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

China examines passengers on flight from swine flu-hit Mexico
www.chinaview.cn 2009-04-30 11:07:10

Special Report: World Tackles Swine Flu

SHANGHAI, April 30 (Xinhua) -- No flu-like infections were found among passengers and crew members on flight AM098, which was the first direct flight from swine flu-hit Mexico to China's mainland, after the epidemic broke out last week, according to the quarantine staff at an airport in Shanghai Thursday.
Passengers of AeroMexico flight AM098 receive quarantine checks up on their arrival at the Shanghai Pudong International Airport in east China's Shanghai municipality, April 30, 2009. It's the first flight from Mexico to China since the spread of swine flu, and serious quarantine measures were taken at the airport. (Xinhua/Pei Xin)
Photo Gallery>>>

The Mexico Airlines flight was ordered to park away from the parking apron, after it landed at the Shanghai Pudong International Airport at 6 a.m. Thursday.
Chinese medical workers boarded the plane to take the temperature of every one on board. The 202 passengers were then allowed to get off and enter the airport through a private channel.
No flu symptoms were found, according the medical staff, who explained that anyone whose temperature exceeds 37.5 degree Celsius will be sent to the Shanghai Public Health Center for further examination.
"All of us had our passports and identification cards registered after we entered the airport," said Wang Zhongying, one of the fight passengers.
She said most of the passengers on board were Chinese.
"Mexico airport also made strict disease control measures. Every one was wearing a mask," said a woman who made a short stay in the swine flu-ravaged country, where 159 people have died of the disease.
She said she did not have contact with flu patients in Mexico.
The Pudong airport quarantine staff disinfected the plane after passengers disembarked.
Shanghai is the only city in China's mainland that has a direct air route to and from Mexico. The Pudong airport has taken strict quarantine measures on all flights from North America Region. The Shanghai tourist department said on Wednesday that there were 440 Shanghai tourists still in Mexico and America. They have been urged to wear masks and contact Chinese embassies if they develop flu symptoms. China on Wednesday urged local governments to be on full alert, warning that the country will be more vulnerable to swine flu during the upcoming May holiday travel boom.
Passengers of AeroMexico flight AM098 receive quarantine checks up on their arrival at the Shanghai Pudong International Airport in east China's Shanghai municipality, April 30, 2009. It's the first flight from Mexico to China since the spread of swine flu, and serious quarantine measures were taken at the airport. (Xinhua/Pei Xin)
Photo Gallery>>>
Old May 1st, 2009, 07:09 AM   #95
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

AeroMexico @Shanghai Airport...

Old May 3rd, 2009, 08:41 PM   #96
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quarantined passengers from Mexico flight show no flu symptoms
www.chinaview.cn 2009-05-03 20:53:04 Print

By Xinhua writer Lv Chuanzhong
BEIJING/SHANGHAI, May 3 (Xinhua) -- None of the passengers quarantined in China who took the same flight with a Mexican national later diagnosed with influenza A/H1N1 in Hong Kong had shown flu symptoms as of Sunday noon, China's health ministry said.
All the passengers aboard Thursday's Mexican flight AeroMexico 098 from Mexico City to Shanghai have been located and those who remained in China were quarantined, the ministry said.
The Mexican, a 25-year-old male, arrived in Shanghai Thursday aboard the flight, which carried 176 passengers and 13 crew. Hourslater, he and some other passengers left for Hong Kong on China Eastern Airlines flight MU505.
He was confirmed on Friday in Hong Kong to be infected with influenza A/H1N1. It was also the first such case in Asia.
Mao Qun'an, an official with the ministry, said China had "redoubled its prevention and control efforts" following the notification from Hong Kong, including tracing the passengers and putting them under medical observation, suspending flights from Mexico starting Saturday, and stepping up communication with Hong Kong and the World Health Organization.
STRICT QUARANTINE
The week-long quarantine in Shanghai affects 68 people, including 48 passengers whose destination was Shanghai, seven who intended to go on to other destinations, and 13 crew members.
They were divided into two groups in two hotels, one in Nanhui district, the other in Pudong district.
Fifty-nine relatives of the 48 Shanghai passengers were asked to stay at home for observation.
Another 28 people who had close contacts with the Mexican at the airport were also under observation at home. They include two customs staff, eight border police, six China Eastern staff and 12safety inspectors.
Among the 176 passengers on AM098, excluding the 55 in Shanghai,111 went to 18 Chinese provinces and municipalities, which have taken similar measures against the epidemic, while 10 others left the Chinese mainland, going to Japan, Thailand and Hong Kong.
LEARNING FROM SARS IN 2003
Fifteen passengers aboard the Mexican flight were admitted to Beijing Ditan Hospital, including five Mexican nationals.
"After admitting these 15 passengers, our professionals took samples to check for the presence of A/H1N1. All of their temperatures were normal and none showed any flu symptoms. According to the requirement of the government, we will observe them for another seven days." said Chen Jun, deputy head of Beijing Ditan Hospital.
Beijing Ditan Hospital was designated as the primary hospital for flu cases by the Beijing Health Bureau on April 28. The hospital has made contingency plans by training doctors, preparing medicines and stocking up on protective clothes and masks.
"Learning from the 2003 SARS outbreak, Beijing Ditan Hospital is ready to deal with any infection. We have confidence that we can control A/H1N1 and protect Beijing and our country," Chen said.
The hospital has an emergency working group, with another on standby. If there is a serious outbreak, the hospital will bring in 22 doctors from overseas to help, Chen said.
PIG IMPORT SUSPENSION
In another virus prevention efforts, China on Sunday announced moves to suspend imports of pigs or relevant products from Alberta of Canada.
The General Administration of Quality Supervision, Inspection and Quarantine and the Ministry of Agriculture made the decision after some pigs in the province of Alberta had been found to be infected with the A/H1N1 flu Saturday.
The pigs or relevant products sent to China after the declaration would be destroyed and those sent to China before Saturday would have to pass A/H1N1 tests, the announcement said.
Passengers are not allowed to take pigs or relevant products into China and no pigs or relevant products would be allowed to be mailed to the country, the announcement said.
Transport vehicles from the affected areas would be quarantined, the announcement said.
ENHANCED SURVEILLANCE, COMMUNICATION
While strengthening body temperature monitoring and health condition registration at customs and airports, the country has also beefed up surveillance at medical facilities and would immediately report and treat suspected cases, he said in an interview with Xinhua on Sunday.
Due to the high risk of a pandemic caused by the A/H1N1 virus, the WHO has raised the alert level to Phase 5 and said there was still the possibility to adjust it to the highest level -- Phase 6.
Mao promised China would enhance communication with the WHO and relevant countries, closely follow the latest development of the epidemic and its control work, and take effective measures to ensure public health security in the country.
China has developed its own method of making quick tests for the A/H1N1 virus by analyzing nucleic acid, which takes just 12 hours.
The China CDC is training staff from epidemic monitoring stations across the country to do the nucleic acid test, and the reagent will be distributed to all 84 stations, said Mao.
The China CDC obtained the sequence of the A/H1N1 virus from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control on April 27 and the primer for making nucleic acid tests from WHO on April 28.
CHARTERED FLIGHT TO MEXICO CANCELLED
The government has promised to send a chartered flight to pick up 120 or so stranded Chinese citizens in Mexico, but the flight operator China Southern Airlines (CSA) said Sunday night that it was cancelled. "Normal flight CZ327 has left for Los Angeles Sunday night, but it would not fly to lift the Chinese nationals in Mexico as earlier planned," the center of the influenza A/H1N1 outbreak, the CSA said. The Guangzhou-based airline added that it was fully prepared for the charter mission, but it was up to the government as to if and when to implement it.
Old May 3rd, 2009, 08:52 PM   #97
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Missing 15-year-old, infant flew to Mexico

By Anika Myers Palm and Susan Jacobson | Sentinel Staff Writers 7:37 PM EDT, May 2, 2009

Chawntel Smith, 15, and her 4-week-old daughter went missing on Friday. (May 2, 2009)

A Bartow 15-year-old and her 4-week-old baby flew to Mexico City on Friday without her family's knowledge and are missing in that country, the Polk County Sheriff's Office said today.

Chawntel Smith, 15, and her daughter, Asariela Garcia-Smith, disappeared from a Wood Avenue home in Haines City on Friday. Investigators learned this evening that the girl had boarded a 5 p.m. AeroMexico flight.

Detectives are trying to find anyone who may have helped her with travel arrangements. Chawntel left the home between 1 and 2 p.m. with a woman driving a red vehicle, possibly and SUV.

Chawntel's mother told authorities the girl had recently talked about going to Guatemala to visit someone who may be the baby's father.

• Detectives are working the Mexican officials to find the girl and her baby. Chawntel ha brown eyes and brown hair with lighter ends that is longer than her shoulders. She is about 5-foot-4 and weighs about 140 pounds.

Anyone with information can call the Polk County Sheriff's Office at 863-534-6200 or 1-800-226-0344
    www.orlandosentinel.com

Old May 3rd, 2009, 09:18 PM   #98
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

The case, at my perspective, has almost none to deal with AM, except that the girl, as many other passegers, boarded an AM plane...

On the other hand, this looks like Jodie Foster's movie, Flight Plan...
Old May 3rd, 2009, 09:26 PM   #99
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

The note over China's cancelation of AM flight MEX-TIJ-PVG
in Spanish... sorry for that...

Noticias

Suspenden vuelo Tijuana-Shangai por pasajero con influenza

Sandra Cervantes [email protected]Aumentar Reducir Enviar Nota Imprimir

TIJUANA, Baja California(PH)

A partir de este sábado el vuelo de Shangai a Tijuana ya no llegó debido a que Aeroméxico suspendió temporalmente este vuelo directo al detectarse un pasajero con el virus de la influenza.

Al parecer un pasajero que viajó de Guadalajara a Tijuana para tomar el vuelo a Shangai ya traía el virus de la influenza pero, al no presentar los síntomas, no fue detectado, por lo que éste viajó todavía de Shangai a Hong Kong, donde ya tuvo los síntomas.

“Aeroméxico envió un comunicado donde informó sobre la suspensión temporal del vuelo a Shangai, ya hoy no llegó, pero es temporalmente; el vuelo a Japón opera regularmente”, indicó Enrique Valle Álvarez, administrador del aeropuerto de Tijuana.

De momento, el vuelo directo Tijuana-Shangai ha sido el único suspendido, aseguró el administrador, mismo que tenía dos vuelos a la semana con un 65% de ocupación.

Nota Publicada: 02/05/2009 13:39

http://www.frontera.info/EdicionEnLi...09/372963.aspx
Old May 3rd, 2009, 10:12 PM   #100
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
The case, at my perspective, has almost none to deal with AM, except that the girl, as many other passegers, boarded an AM plane......
^Clarify?

Quote:
On the other hand, this looks like Jodie Foster's movie, Flight Plan...
^ You've got to be kidding me dude...

Tags
aeromexico, aviación, latin american airlines, méxico, north american airlines, skyteam