daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 22nd, 2009, 05:33 AM   #141
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Likes (Received): 113

Noticias

Inaugura Aeroméxico punto de venta en aeropuerto de Tijuana

Sandra Cervantes [email protected] Aumentar Reducir Enviar Nota Imprimir
TIJUANA, Baja California(PH)

Un nuevo punto de venta de Aeroméxico se inauguró este jueves en el aeropuerto de Tijuana, con una inversión de 100 mil dólares.

Francisco Cuevas, director ejecutivo comercial de Aeroméxico, indicó que la intención era contar con una ubicación estratégica dentro de las instalaciones del aeropuerto, por lo que este nuevo módulo se encuentra a la entrada del recinto portuario.

A la inauguración también asistieron el secretario de Turismo del Estado, Oscar Escobedo, el alcalde de Tijuana, Jorge Ramos, el presidente de la Coparmex Tijuanal, Roberto Quijano, entre otros empresarios.

Nota Publicada: 21/05/2009 14:37

http://www.frontera.info/EdicionEnLi...09/377183.aspx

Aeromexico inaugurates new sales headquarter at Tijuana airport

A new salespoint of airline Aeromexico was inaugurated this thursday at Tijuana airport, with an investment of USD $100,000.

Francisco Cuevas, Aeromexico's CMO, pointed that it was intended to have a key location at the airport facilities, and therefore, the new sales offices were installed at the entrance of Main Terminal.

The opening was also attended by Baja California's State Tourism Secretary Oscar Escobedo, Tijuana's Mayor, Jorge Ramos, and Coparmex Chairman in Tijuana, Roberto Quijano, among others.
PlayasCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2009, 05:43 AM   #142
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Likes (Received): 489

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayasCity View Post
Noticias

Aeromexico inaugurates new sales headquarter at Tijuana airport

A new salespoint of airline Aeromexico was inaugurated this thursday at Tijuana airport, with an investment of USD $100,000.

Francisco Cuevas, Aeromexico's CMO, pointed that it was intended to have a key location at the airport facilities, and therefore, the new sales offices were installed at the entrance of Main Terminal.

The opening was also attended by Baja California's State Tourism Secretary Oscar Escobedo, Tijuana's Mayor, Jorge Ramos, and Coparmex Chairman in Tijuana, Roberto Quijano, among others.
Good to know and thanks for sharing Playa. So I guess AM is focusing on making TIjuana an important International Hub for more Asian destinations. So if their investing 100K then it's definitely more than jusk a kiosk or stand, right?

This is also confirms that AeroMexico is not supposely mergin with MX no time soon. Also that PVG and FCO are not closed down permanent as in other forums you read. AM is most likely adjusting to the scenario it lives now and it will hopefully soon have great news...

On a side note, viewing all the false information being spread without any official notification makes me belief that the rumors falsely information is coming from it's main competitiors. Who are most likely down in the gutter and need the spotlight away from them so they throw it on someone else... soooooo typical and let's say HELL NO TO A MERGER!!!!!!!

My two cents*
Old May 22nd, 2009, 07:57 PM   #143
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

AM already has two offices inside the terminal, including one on Concourse A, served by AM & AM Connect...

In 2 weeks ill take flight, so ill try to take pictures... hopefully it wont be just a kiosk...
Old May 23rd, 2009, 09:20 AM   #144
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Aeromexico charges pilots economic damages due to the crisis

Aeroméxico

The staff of pilots of AeroMexico is conformed by 876 pilots and that of Mexican of Aviation for 842. FILE
The spokesman of the agency Leonardo Sánchez Blacksmith said to know not the Pilot measure of the Union Association of Pilot Aviators they affirm that AeroMexico will discount them 10 percent of its salary until December
of this year
Mexico City.- in spite of the fact that pilot of the Union Association of Pilot Aviators (REEL) they affirm that AeroMexico will discount her 10 percent of her salary until December of this year, the spokesman of the agency Leonardo Sánchez Blacksmith said to know not the measure.
"We have a relation with the airlines, where not in a unilateral way to carry out actions without to have consulted by means of negotiating tables to arrive at an agreement since we have been a key piece to give him viability to the companies", he maintained.
He aimed that said action would be a violation to the contract, "but up to now we do not have anything placed on the table", nevertheless to have the proposal with you said points the union will defend the sources of employment of the guild.
Pilots affected commented to have been reported the night of this Thursday with the argument that "by-product of the financial crisis by the one that cross these companies, is necessary to carry I finish a reduction of incomes in you said concepts".
For which, him unionized to REEL they are found in the analysis of said petitions "since the pilots are concientes of the situation by the one that crosses the Mexican aviation", and above all to know about that way the agreements can be reached "imminently" knowing that will be carried I finish the reduction in the labor staff.
The staff of pilots of AeroMexico is conformed by 876 pilots and that of Mexican of Aviation for 842, this difference does that the cost of the payroll of pilots of AeroMéxico be superior in is a superior at 12,8 percent in comparison to that of Mexican of Aviation, as well as the operating costs.

www.informador.com
Old May 24th, 2009, 07:28 AM   #145
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

AeroMexico promoting fresh air in the cabin...

Old May 27th, 2009, 03:30 AM   #146
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Aeromexico seeks to broaden transborder offerings

By Megan Kuhn

Mexican operator AeroMexico has asked for regulatory approval to launch three US transborder offerings on 1 July.
AeroMexico plans to operate narrowbody aircraft on new routes from Guadalajara-San Jose, California; Puerto Vallarta-San Francisco; and San Jose del Cabo-San Francisco.
Requests for the latest city pairs come as AeroMexico continues to bolster its North American presence with more US service this year. The carrier has launched at least three new US gateways since February, and has increased competition with rival Mexicana in to the Canadian destinations of Toronto and Montreal.
SkyTeam member AeroMexico will also face competition on its newly proposed routes if it receives regulatory approval to launch the city pairs.
Mexicana flies between Guadalajara and San Jose six times per week, according to schedules published in Innovata.
US carriers Alaska Airlines and United Airlines currently connect San Jose del Cabo and San Francisco, while United, Mexicana and Alaska also offer Puerto Vallarta-San Francisco flights.

www.flightglobal.com
Old May 27th, 2009, 04:27 AM   #147
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

really interesting... as you mention, MX has had the GDL-SJC route almost exclusively exploitable for them... Perhaps one of their most famous & traditional routes...

Hopefully, with the aftermath recovery, AM shall consolidate this new routes...
Old May 28th, 2009, 06:02 AM   #148
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Fern, remember Aerolitoral´s former Saabs...??

Well, i got a couple of pics from one at Queretaro Intl. Airpt., back from 2005 i belive...

Old May 28th, 2009, 08:18 AM   #149
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
Fern, remember Aerolitoral´s former Saabs...??

Well, i got a couple of pics from one at Queretaro Intl. Airpt., back from 2005 i belive...

Dude, how can I ever forget those Saab's they were one of a kind. Yet it seems they did not last long in the fleet, or am I incorrect?

For some appearant reason I always assume that AM would actually adopt the livery from these Saab's. Just enhance it and make it look cleaner and classier vs the horrible calligraphy stripe. Which I cannot seem to understand the meaning or simply it's purpose. Especially on the Connect and Travel Division it makes it looks extremely busy for the eye. There's just too much going on if you ask me....

Lastly, I am still hopeful that AM will someday adopt the previous original livery from back in the days. I'm referring to the Orange/Black with a modern twist definitely. So I will continue crossing my fingers and hopefully someday it will be used again.
Old May 28th, 2009, 09:28 PM   #150
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

im not quite in to the liveries thing...

But i can tell you something. Those Saabs, which i infer you boarded, were sort of nightmares... why?, well, they lacked TOILETS...!!!

Picture it, after drinkin whatever from the previous flight (saabs served as feeders, so the likeliest was that one was about to take or came from other flight), u needed to get a toilet immediately... though most flights were 40 mins. as max., even if u were only 20, up there, when you need to do "it", it seems endless... Once i was through, on the MZT-LMM route, of about 25 mins... I flew only one more time, on the MXL-SAN route...

On the other hand, they did last for a big while... they were incorporated in the early 90´s and removed about 3 years ago...
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:21 PM   #151
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

^ So how'd you manage without a service room. Let me guess you did the unthinkable, you pee'd in a cup like any normal human guy, right? I guess it's not a big deal if your not wearing tight jeans and briefs...
Old May 28th, 2009, 11:25 PM   #152
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

AeroMexico offers new details about New Orleans flights

by The Times-Picayune Wednesday May 27, 2009, 2:17 PM

AeroMexico has released new details about the service it plans to begin this summer between New Orleans and Mexico City.

Flights will leave New Orleans for Mexico city at 6:30 a.m. each day except Saturday, arriving at 9:10 a.m. in Mexico City. The flight will then connect through to San Pedro Sula, arriving in that city at 11:55 a.m.

A return flight will leave San Pedro at 12:45 p.m. each day except Saturday, arriving in Mexico City at 4:10 p.m. That flight will connect through to New Orleans with a 10:30 p.m. arrival in the Crescent City.

The new flights debut July 7.

www.nola.com
Old May 29th, 2009, 07:53 PM   #153
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern~Fern* View Post
^ So how'd you manage without a service room. Let me guess you did the unthinkable, you pee'd in a cup like any normal human guy, right? I guess it's not a big deal if your not wearing tight jeans and briefs...
the flight was 25 mins... i had my legs like a single one... just landed, i left the plane for the first toilet i found... i had to rush over some passengers... i later, after getting rid of my need, i did apologize to a woman i hit while getting out of the Saab... quite a story, but no, i didnt do the unthinkable...
if so, i believe i´d have been banned from AM... who knows...
Old May 30th, 2009, 11:40 PM   #154
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

^ That had to of been an eternal flight when nature calls...

Anyhow, do you know where the name Aeroliteral came from and why was it not keep? Connect is great and all but why not something in Spanish instead?
Old June 3rd, 2009, 09:05 PM   #155
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Now I present you AM's Connect Embraer ERJ-145ER

Old June 4th, 2009, 10:08 PM   #156
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

There's been some un-confirm rumors that AeroMexico and Mexicana might be merging. This due to the crisis and Flu that has hit the Mexican Aviation Sector in the past few weeks/months. I certainly have no clue as to who will merge with who or if this is even a going to happen. So I will try to see what I can find in the news...

Stay Tune, if anyone has any valid information go ahead and share!
Old June 5th, 2009, 06:50 AM   #157
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

well, talkin about AM & MX, i´ll take tomorrow an AM flight, and sunday, 2 of MX...

later i´ll tell u how was it...
Old June 6th, 2009, 03:07 AM   #158
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Quote:
well, talkin about AM & MX, i´ll take tomorrow an AM flight, and sunday, 2 of MX...

later i´ll tell u how was it...
Definitely looking forward to it...
Old June 6th, 2009, 03:10 AM   #159
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Finally some good news for travelers to Mexico!!!

CDC Travel Health Warning for Novel H1N1 Flu in Mexico Removed

Travel Health Precaution

This information is current as of today, June 05, 2009 at 20:07 EDT

Updated: May 15, 2009

En español
CDC’s Travel Health Warning recommending against non-essential travel to Mexico, in effect since April 27, 2009, has now been downgraded to a Travel Health Precaution for Mexico.
Current Situation

CDC has been monitoring the ongoing outbreak of novel H1N1 flu in Mexico and, with the assistance of the Mexican authorities, has obtained a more complete picture of the outbreak. There is evidence that the Mexican outbreak is slowing down in many cities though not all. In addition, the United States and other countries are now seeing increasing numbers of cases not associated with travel to Mexico. Finally, the risk of severe disease from novel H1N1 virus infection now appears to be less than originally thought.
CDC Recommendations

At this time, CDC has removed its recommendation that U.S. travelers avoid travel to Mexico.
CDC continues to recommend that travelers visiting Mexico take steps to protect themselves from getting novel H1N1 flu.
CDC recommends that travelers at high risk for complications from any form of influenza discuss with their physicians the risks and benefits of travel in the context of their planned itinerary to Mexico, and may want to consider postponing travel. Travelers at high risk for complications include:
  • Children less than 5 years old
  • Persons aged 65 years or older
  • Children and adolescents (less than 18 years) who are receiving long-term aspirin therapy and who might be at risk for experiencing Reye syndrome after influenza virus infection
  • Pregnant women
  • Adults and children who have chronic pulmonary, cardiovascular, hepatic, hematological, neurologic, neuromuscular, or metabolic disorders
  • Adults and children who have immunosuppression (including immunosuppression caused by medications or by HIV)
  • Residents of nursing homes and other chronic-care facilities
If you travel to an area that has reported cases of novel H1N1 flu:
Stay Informed
Prepare for your trip

For all travelers, CDC recommends the following steps to help you stay healthy:
  • Be sure you are up to date with all your routine vaccinations, including a seasonal influenza vaccine. The seasonal vaccine is not expected to offer protection against novel H1N1 flu, but it can protect against seasonal flu which may still be circulating in Mexico, the tropics and the Southern Hemisphere.
  • Pack a travel health kit that contains basic first aid and medical supplies. See Pack Smart in Your Survival Guide to Safe and Healthy Travel for a list of what to include in your travel health kit.
  • Identify the health-care resources in the area(s) you will be visiting.
  • Check if your health insurance plan will cover you abroad. CDC recommends purchasing additional insurance that covers medical evacuation in case you become sick. For more information, see Medical Information for Americans Traveling Abroad from the U.S. Department of State.
  • Remember that U.S. embassies, consulates and military facilities do not have the legal authority, capability, and resources to evacuate or to give medications, vaccines or medical care to private U.S. citizens overseas.
During your visit

Monitor the local situation
  • Pay attention to announcements from the local government.
  • Follow local public health guidelines, including any movement restrictions and prevention recommendations.
Practice healthy habits to help stop the spread of novel H1N1 flu.
  • Wash your hands often with soap and water. This removes germs from your skin and helps prevent diseases from spreading.
    • Use waterless alcohol-based hand gels when soap is not available and hands are not visibly dirty.
  • Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and put your used tissue in a wastebasket.
  • Wash your hands after coughing or sneezing, using soap and water or an alcohol-based hand cleaner when soap and water are not available.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth. Germs spread that way.
  • Avoid close contact with sick people (> 6 feet). Influenza is thought to spread mainly person-to-person through coughing or sneezing of infected people.
  • It is important to follow the advice of local health and government authorities. You may be asked to restrict your movement and stay in your home or hotel to contain the spread of novel H1N1 flu.
What to do if you feel sick during travel
  • If you have severe illness or you are at high risk for flu complications, contact a health-care provider or seek medical care. A health-care provider will determine whether flu testing or treatment is needed.
  • If you need to find local medical care, a U.S. consular officer can help you locate medical services and will inform your family or friends in the United States of your illness. To contact the U.S. embassy or consulate in the country where you are visiting, call the Overseas Citizens Services at:
  • Persons with influenza-like illness (such as fever with either cough or sore throat) should be advised to avoid further travel for 7 days after the onset of illness or at least 24 hours after symptoms have resolved, whichever is longer. This is to keep from infecting others and spreading the virus further.
  • Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. Throw the tissue in the trash after you use it.
  • Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after you cough or sneeze. Alcohol-based hand cleaners are also effective.
  • Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Germs spread this way.
  • For more information about what to do if you become sick while you are traveling outside the United States, visit Your Survival Guide for Safe and Healthy Travel.
For information on CDC’s recommendations for antiviral use during the novel H1N1 flu outbreak, please visit CDC’s Interim Guidance on Antiviral Recommendations for Patients with Novel Influenza A (H1N1) Virus Infection and Their Close Contacts.
After your trip
  • Closely monitor your health for 7 days.
  • If you become ill with fever and other symptoms of novel H1N1 flu such as a cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue and possibly vomiting and diarrhea, see the information under in the section above titled “What to do if you feel sick during travel” and the What to Do If You Get Flu-Like Symptoms page on the CDC H1N1 Flu website.
Status of Entry and Exit Screening in the United States and Mexico

Mexico Exit Screening

Novel H1N1 flu screening has been instituted at airports and land borders for travelers departing Mexico, according to Mexican health authorities. Passengers showing symptoms of novel H1N1 flu will be asked to submit voluntarily to physical examination and further evaluation, if needed.
United States

At this time, the United States is not conducting enhanced entry screening of passengers arriving from Mexico, nor is the United States conducting exit screening of passengers departing the United States.
CDC staff at airports will provide all ill passengers and their contacts arriving from Mexico with Travel Health Alert Notices. These notices provide information regarding seeking health advice from a physician and how to prevent illness in persons who have been exposed but who are not ill.
Additional Information

If you have specific questions about novel H1N1 flu cases, see the Contact CDC webpage or call 1-800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636).
To learn more about travel health, visit the CDC Travelers' Health website.
For novel H1N1 flu situation updates in the following areas visit:
Mexico
United States
Global
Novel H1N1 flu travel health updates will be posted on the CDC Travelers' Health website as information becomes available.
Old June 6th, 2009, 03:22 AM   #160
Fern~Fern*
Non-Registered User

Gotta Love those 777's

Up...up...up...and away leaving Tokyo (NRT) back to Mex City T2 Hub

Just arriving @ MEX SkyTeam Hub...

Check this guy out, front row seat and that's what I call spotting...

Last edited by Fern~Fern*; June 6th, 2009 at 03:28 AM.
Fern~Fern* no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
aeromexico, aviación, latin american airlines, méxico, north american airlines, skyteam