daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 28th, 2004, 08:30 PM   #41
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Likes (Received): 4

Valuair eyes destinations further than 5 hours away

By Asha Popatlal, Channel NewsAsia

Valuair's flight attendants greet Channel NewsAsia's crew in the plane

SINGAPORE : Singapore's first low-cost carrier Valuair has fired the latest salvo in the battle of budget airlines - it is eyeing destinations further than 5 hours away like Melbourne and Sydney. But that will only be in a year or two. Channel NewsAsia found out about this as it took to the skies on a flight to nowhere with Valuair.

It is not the catwalks of Paris or Milan, but the aisle of Singapore's first budget airline. Valuair unveiled its cabin crew look on its maiden passenger flight for guests on Wednesday.

And the models were Valuair's all-local cabin crew in their new uniform - blue polo shirts, khaki pants or skirts and running shoes. Although some are newcomers, the cabin crew performed the safety checks and demonstration like veterans - and soon it was time for take-off.

But how did the budget carrier score in terms of comfort? Unlike usual budget carriers, Valuair comes with assigned seats, leather chairs so new you can still smell the freshness, about 10 per cent more leg-room space and simple snacks.

And the carrier has other tricks up its sleeve, like in-flight birthday surprises and tie-ups with companies like Maybelline which will offer make-up touch-ups on some flights.

Said Valuair Executive Director Jimmy Lau: "We got together to serve the kind of audience that we are going after - which is a very important group of women travellers these days - high disposable income, very influential, make decisions."

After just an hour, Valuair's maiden flight to nowhere was back at Changi, but the crew was still on cloud nine. "The flight was simply great - fun filled," said pilot Captain K.C. Leong. But for flight attendant Awyong Lynn, the experience was "nerve-wracking". "(It was) nerve wracking because I was the operating crew but I still had fun," she said.

And for now, Valuair is going it on its own - despite earlier reports of a possible tie-up with Virgin Blue. Mr Lau revealed: "I think there's no planned time-plan for this, we meet very often in conferences around the region. I think it's important first to get our operations right and get ourselves into the market and pick up a share of the market first and then we'll be happy to talk."

Valuair takes off on its first commercial flight to Bangkok next Wednesday. On its wish list of destinations are coastal cities in China, parts of India, Vietnam and Manila. - CNA

"My Settlement of Singapore continues to thrive most wonderfully - it is all and everything I could wish and, if no untimely fate awaits it, promises to become the Emporium and the pride of the East" - Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles, 10th September 1820
huaiwei no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2004, 06:59 PM   #42
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Likes (Received): 2

Business Times - 29 Apr 2004

Valuair confirms talks with Qantas, Virgin Blue

Discussions centred more on market info sharing: CEO

By VEN SREENIVASAN

EMERGING low-cost carrier Valuair confirmed yesterday that it held exploratory talks with Australia's Qantas and Virgin Blue, but said nothing has resulted from the discussions yet.

'We can't say that we talked specifically about any tie-ups,' Valuair's executive director Jimmy Lau said in response to media queries. 'But we welcome any strategic partnership that will add value to what we have and are doing.'

Speaking at a ceremony to mark an alliance with international cosmetics company Maybelline as the official make-up brand for Valuair's cabin crew, Mr Lau described the discussions with the Australian carriers as centring more on 'market information sharing'.

'Let's put it this way, they came calling,' he said, when asked if Valuair is seeking a tie up with Qantas or Virgin Blue.

Qantas has just announced a partnership with Temasek Holdings and other parties to set up a Singapore-based budget airline, while Virgin Blue has indicated it is looking for a partner to do something similar.

Valuair and Maybelline sealed their make-up deal at Changi airport yesterday by signing an oversized Valuair boarding pass with lipstick from Maybelline's new 'Forever Metallics' line.

To celebrate the partnership, Valuair cabin crew made their debut appearance, dressed in their signature blue and khaki outfits and sporting the latest colours from Maybelline's make-up collection. The event also featured the official launch of Maybelline's new mascara line 'Sky-High Curves'.

In preparation for Valuair's first commercial flights next month - to Bangkok, Hong Kong and Jakarta - Maybelline staff have conducted training sessions for all cabin crew.

The Maybelline deal comes just days after Valuair signed an agreement with Visa International to offer discounts on its flights.

Although a budget carrier, Valuair is differentiating itself from no-frills carriers like AirAsia and Tiger Airways by offering some in-flight services and allocated seats. By keeping costs down, it plans to sell its tickets at a significant discount to those of mainline network carriers.

Copyright © 2004 Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. All rights reserved.
babystan03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2004, 08:23 AM   #43
heirloom

does that imply virgin blue might be entering market?
heirloom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2004, 02:10 PM   #44
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by huaiwei
It seems like the airport tax is SGD47. I am not sure if this means the airport tax for both, because when I do a similar search from Cathay's site, I get the same SGD47 figure added to the Cathay flight's cost?
I've tried the same thing on the Valuair website and the airport tax and stuff cost S$54....So it will be S$354 for a return ticket to Hongkong.....
Old May 1st, 2004, 02:12 PM   #45
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heirloom
does that imply virgin blue might be entering market?
There is a possibility of alliance with Valuair.....but it still too early too say anything now...Let's see how things go....
Old May 2nd, 2004, 03:10 PM   #46
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

惠旅航空启航前奏曲

联合早报新闻:新加坡 2004-05-02

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

● 王辉雯

本地首家成立的廉价航空公司“惠旅航空”(Valuair)还未启航,就已经引发一轮航空削价战。

惠旅航空自从上个月宣布进军香港和曼谷后,航空市场就立即产生强烈反应。惠航来势汹汹,启航之初特别以300新元优待价,售卖新加坡与香港的来回机票。在这条航线上经营多年的传统大型航空公司,为了留住客源,纷纷展开削价行动。

由廉价航空惠航激起的削价行动,在香港方面尤其明显,国泰和新加坡航空公司甚至在上个月16日,即惠旅航空宣布获得营业准证后的第二天,就齐齐在香港宣布,香港--新加坡航线经济舱机票价剧降至港币990元(约新币215元)。虽然逗留时间只限两天至五天,但是还是吸引不少旅客到新加坡旅游。

港币990元,可说是这两家航空公司在这条航线经营多年来所给予的最大优待。据了解,新航的香港--新加坡航线的经济舱机票,原本卖港币2050元(约新币448元),现在减了一半。

根据网络机票订购网站“足迹”(http://www.zuji.com.hk)&#251...#21491;。

香港这几家航空公司的削价行动,也压低了香港到新加坡旅游团费。新加坡四天游的价格,从原本的港币1999元(约新币437元)降低至港币1499元(约新币327元)。香港旅游业者因而认为,这将掀起港人到新加坡旅游的热潮。

从新加坡起飞航班

削价幅度比较小

各航空公司除了在香港极力削价争取搭客之外,在新加坡也开始有降价的动作。只是减幅比在香港的促销要小许多。国泰航空是第一个反应,自上周起,国泰航空就在新加坡展开促销行动,一张从新加坡出发到香港的往返机票只售388元。昨天开始,国泰航空又再与香港旅游促进局合作,推出从389元起的三天两夜香港游特价配套:一张经济舱来回机票、两晚住宿,还附送购物券。

值得留意的是,国泰虽然每天提供四趟从新加坡飞往香港的航班,但是这次的促销特惠票只限于早班机(上午7时55分起飞)。这个航班的起飞时间与惠旅航空飞往香港的航班时间(上午7时25分)非常接近,国泰的促销无疑是冲着惠航而来。

除了国泰之外,新航也在不久前推出450元(四人成行)的香港机票,降价幅度虽不如它在香港所降价幅度那么大,但是也比之前的一般票价便宜100余元。

惠航把促销期延长

惠旅航空虽然一直表示,不会打价格战,但是面对竞争却也有相应的动作。惠航从昨天起刊登广告,宣布要把香港的300元启航优待票价,从原本的5月31日前使用,延长到6月30日。如此一来,在六月学校假期旅游旺季惠航搭客也能以300元促销价格买到新加坡飞至香港的往返机票。

惠旅航空网站资料显示,启航促销期之后,往返香港的机票分为两种,低廉票价(Saver Fare)售350新元,灵活票价(Flexi Fare)则定价为420新元。

当然,也有些航空公司决定静观其变,不贸贸然加入战局。华航新加坡办事处总经理毕稀年接受早报访问时指出,华航目前飞往香港的票价约是360元左右,华航目前在新加坡还没有决定会有任何大幅度的削价行动。

他说,华航准备等惠航起飞后一段时间才看是否要在价格上与对方竞争。“毕竟惠航提供的是早班机,华航飞往香港的则是午班机,对象不太一样。”

其实,不少受访的旅游业者都认为,传统的航空公司如国泰和新航其实没有必要打价格战来拉客。因为这两家航空公司每天提供的航班很多,所吸引的搭客与只提供一趟航班的惠航很不一样。

一名业者认为,像国泰这次进行促销削价的早班机,原来就是很受搭客欢迎的航班,很多商务搭客都喜欢乘搭这个航班到香港去。而这类搭客最在意就是时间的伸缩性,所以国泰不必过于担心,惠航的出现会让国泰流失这批商务搭客。
Old May 2nd, 2004, 03:11 PM   #47
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

联合早报新闻:新加坡 2004-05-02

青菜萝卜各有所好选亚航还是惠旅?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

● 王辉雯

惠旅航空启航在即,第一个选择飞往的目的地是泰国曼谷。这么一来,新加坡飞往曼谷的这条航线,成为了惠旅航空与亚洲航空正面交锋的首个战场。

不断有人问我,哪家公司比较好?谁的票价比较便宜?这两家标榜“廉价”的航空公司又可以比其他“非廉价”的航空公司便宜多少?

票价和订票方式

为了吸引搭客,亚航经常会推出令人咋舌的超值特惠价。目前,亚航就以大约新币38元起的价格出售部分座位,不过五六月份的38元机位几乎都已经被预订一空。要订到这么低廉的机票,就必须把行程安排在至少两三个月之后,而且最好是星期一到星期五的航班,机会就比较大。如果是很迟才订亚航机位,搭客很可能会买到最昂贵(约148新元)的票价。另外,要记得亚航的票价全是以单程计算的。

惠航曼谷启航促销票订为新币138元。促销票必须在5月31日前使用,促销期一过,曼谷的往返票价就分为199元和250元两种。前者在订票后必须在24小时内发票,一旦发了票,要改行程就必须另外付费。后者则较有灵活性,可以等到出发前的三天才发票,比较适合那些无法提早确定行程的搭客。

多数亚航和惠航的搭客都会选择直接在互联网上订票。亚航的票可以在指定的新加坡邮政公司买到,惠航的机票则能在惠航大巴窑中心的惠航总部买到。惠航也与本地一些旅行社合作,授权它们卖票和旅游配套。相信多数求便利的搭客会选择向旅行社购买加入了酒店住宿的配套。

机舱内的感受

惠航与亚航最大的差别便是,惠航坚持给搭客指定座位,省去搭客早早就挤在候机室等着排队登机的麻烦。

亚航向来不指定座位,谁先登机,谁就先选座位坐下。不指定座位,其实并不会造成混乱,只是对首次乘搭亚航的搭客而言,会有一点压力,多搭一两次就会习惯的。另外,亚航的载客量平均为六成,就算没有早早去排队登机,上机后还是可以找到称心的座位。

惠航和亚航都选择皮质座位,非常舒服。惠航的伸腿空间较大,比亚航多出三英寸。新加坡至曼谷航程约2小时20分钟,你就要自己问,在不到三小时的航程内,这多出的三英寸空间,到底有多重要了。

两家航空公司都强调要给予搭客不一般的飞行感受,整体来说,服务员较传统航空公司年轻有活力,服务也比较亲切。

惠航派出清一色的空姐,公司挑选的多是性格活泼的女子来为搭客服务,希望提供一种随意、自然又清新的感受。亚航的空中服务员男女皆有,男生多高大英俊,女生则笑容可掬,亚航空姐和空少多是泰国籍,英语都很流利。

另一差别就是免费机舱食物,惠航在这条航线上为搭客提供橙汁、面包和饼干。其他的汽水和啤酒则一律卖2元。亚航并不提供免费餐饮,搭客想吃东西,就得自己掏腰包来买咖啡或三文治,售价从一两新元起。

惠航的另一号召是公司选用崭新的飞机,而亚航的飞机都已经有了一定的机龄,不过亚航在买了旧飞机之后都是经过“翻新”才使用。

新机和旧机,搭客在机舱内基本上感觉不出太大差别,但是飞机起飞后,大家还是会觉得亚航的引擎声会稍微比惠航的引擎声大声一点。别担心,这些廉价航空都说,它们什么都可以减,唯有安全不敢减。

亚航的行李托运重量比惠航少五公斤。如果你到曼谷去的原因是购物,选搭亚航时就要注意托运行李的重量。

其实,真的是青菜萝卜,各有所爱。两家廉价航空产品模式并不相同,重点是哪一家提供的产品更符合你的需求。身为一个明智的消费者,就必须先了解产品,清楚自己购买的是什么样的服务。
Old May 3rd, 2004, 05:41 AM   #48
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Full-service airlines flex muscles

May 3, 2004

Cathay Pacific joins other traditional players in fight against budget airlines

By Chua Kong Ho

HONG Kong-based carrier Cathay Pacific showed over the weekend that it can defend its turf against would-be budget competitors by unveiling a $389 free-and-easy travel package that includes two nights accommodation in Hong Kong.

The Cathay package requires travellers to fly by May 27. The package’s introduction coincided with Valuair’s launch of sales of its Hong Kong flights.

But good luck with trying to get those seats, says Valuair executive director Jimmy Lau.

“Those are lead-in fares. But whether there are enough seats and you can get those seats is another matter,” he told Streats yesterday, adding that major carriers typically set aside a portion of their seat inventories to sell at low prices.

“All the major carriers practice this to grab attention.”

The Singapore-based budget carrier, which is scheduled to launch its first flights to Hong Kong this Friday, charges $300 for a return fare during its three-month promotion period.

Valuair’s shareholder and travel agency partner Asiatravel.com sells an equivalent three-day, two-night free-and-easy package for at least $420.

Cathay’s pre-emptive move mirrors that of Singapore Airlines, which advertised return fares of $198 on Singapore-Bangkok route, a day after Malaysia’s no-frills airline AirAsia started its flights on the same route. The SIA fares compared well with AirAsia’s average $90 one-way fares.

The move by major carriers such as Cathay and SIA to lower prices in the face of competition underscores a point often missed by analysts and commentators when talking about the threat of budget airlines to the major carriers: The big boys know how to cut prices and can sustain a price war for far longer than the independent start-ups.

It’s not just the home carrier that is advertising eye-catching fares.

Garuda Indonesia’s Singapore-Hong Kong economy fares can be had at $284, lower than Valuair’s promotional fares of $300, a check with online travel portal Zuji showed.

On the Jakarta route, Valuair is promoting its return fares to Jakarta for $138.

But travellers can pay $24 more and fly on Emirates Airways, ranked No 2 behind SIA in the annual Skytrax passenger poll.

But Valuair’s Bangkok fares, also at $138, remain for now the lowest fixed fares in the market. All prices quoted are excluding fees and taxes.

Valuair said its fares will be 40 per cent below the restricted fare charged by full-service airlines.0 per cent below the restricted fare charged by full-service airlines.

Copyright © 2003 Singapore Press Holdings Ltd. All rights reserved.
Old May 3rd, 2004, 09:35 PM   #49
huaiwei
The Monkey King

The most important consideration has to be the "fixed price" rather then the promotional price. Makes me wonder what happens should valueair decides to hold a promotion??

"My Settlement of Singapore continues to thrive most wonderfully - it is all and everything I could wish and, if no untimely fate awaits it, promises to become the Emporium and the pride of the East" - Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles, 10th September 1820
Old May 4th, 2004, 11:14 PM   #50
huaiwei
The Monkey King

April 29, 2004
Valuair’s ample legroom gets my vote

By CHUA KONG HO

THE cabin crew was, as expected, the centre of attraction during Valuair’s media preview flight yesterday. Not even a singing Captain K C Leong, who did a few lines of a Sinatra song, could divert attention from the young, lively, women for long. They were the centre of attention, with journalists busy photographing them or furiously scribbling notes about them during the hour-long flight to nowhere.

But another feature which quietly stole the show, for me at least, was the legroom of each seat – all 32 inches of it. Now, you may wonder what’s the big deal about a few inches. Trust me, if you’ve travelled enough times in cattle class, an inch is a big deal on flights longer than two hours. In Valuair’s case, it has three inches more stretching room than other budget airlines. Economy-class seats on Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific also have 32-inch seat pitches.

But back to the cabin crew. They were young and their makeup colours – sponsored by Maybelline, one of Valuair’s co-marketing partners – were bright. They were also sensibly dressed in dark blue polo tees and khaki pants or skirts and sneakers. I am one of those oddballs who just can’t figure out how stewardesses can work dressed like geishas. So kudos to Valuair for daring to break with tradition. I also noted that the Valuair crew members don’t speak with an “international” accent. Neither do they break into Singlish.

Unlike other budget carriers, Valuair serves food. On yesterday’s flight, light snacks were served. I had a chicken sausage bun, vacuum-sealed orange juice and a packet of Oreo cookies. I wolfed down the snacks as I had not had breakfast when I arrived at Changi Airport at 9am for the 11.30am flight.
Valuair serves more filling meals on longer flights. The crew, true to Valuair’s “smiles ahead” motto, were all pearly whites the entire flight. They also surprised a few passengers with inflight birthday celebrations a la Hard Rock Cafe.

Valuair is working on more themed flights as part of its marketing strategy. Executive director Jimmy Lau assured me that he would launch special Hong Kong Sevens and Singapore Sevens flights next year for rugby fans. Valuair has also sold out its all-women flight on May 21 to Hong Kong. If yesterday’s preview was anything to go by, the women who managed to get tickets for that trip could be undergoing mid-flight makeover sessions.

What’s next for Valuair? Themed flights for regional gay pride festivals? Well, don’t discount it. After all, Australia’s Qantas Airways is promoting Down Under as a holiday destination to Los Angeles’ gay and lesbian community.

Would I recommend Valuair to friends? Let’s just say I’ve been on more uncomfortable Y-class flights on so-called prestigious, “full-service” carriers. So I think the major carriers have a fight on their hands. At least in winning the hearts and wallets of the likes of me – a long-suffering member of the cattle class.

Old May 5th, 2004, 03:28 AM   #51
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Its a Blood Bath??

MAY 5, 2004

Hong Kong air ticket price war?

SIA joins in the fray with $368 offer, but hours later, Cathay slashes prices to as low as $300 to match Valuair's price

By Karamjit Kaur

SINGAPORE Airlines (SIA) yesterday joined a 'price war' between Cathay Pacific and Valuair on the Singapore-Hong Kong route. Within hours, Hong Kong carrier Cathay responded by further slashing its prices to a level not seen in at least four years.

Cathay is now offering two new fares. One is a single round-trip ticket to Hong Kong for $300 - the same promotion fare that Singapore's first budget airline, Valuair, is charging for its Hong Kong flights that start on Friday. The Cathay offer is for limited seats on its early morning flights. It also requires passengers to book by next Wednesday and travel by the end of June, which includes the school holiday season. Two, it is also matching SIA's fare of $368 for passengers travelling in pairs.

Cathay's decision to cut its ticket prices came less than 24 hours after SIA advertised in newspapers its fare for travel on or before May 25. SIA's regular fare is $500. The SIA price was $21 less than Cathay's $389 offer, which it had unveiled last Friday. This offer by the Hong Kong carrier, which is still available, also includes a two-night hotel stay based on twin-sharing for travel by May 27.

Earlier, there was no special deal for travellers who wanted to buy only the air tickets, Mr James Ginns, the airline's area manager for Singapore, told The Straits Times. 'So we have now decided to offer round-trip tickets at $368 each for passengers travelling in pairs.' Like SIA, Cathay also requires the trips to be made on or before May 25.

Is Cathay starting a price war? Mr Ginns said: 'As early as March, we were offering round-trip tickets to Hong Kong for as low as $350 if four people travel together and $380 for those who go in pairs. This was before Valuair even announced its fares.'

Valuair started selling seats for its Hong Kong flights last weekend and so far, the response has been 'very good', said its executive director, Mr Jimmy Lau. He noted that unlike the major carriers which are selling only a portion of their seats at the discounted fares, every passenger on Valuair's 162-seater aircraft will pay the same $300 fare until the promotion ends on June 30.

For reasons of competition, neither SIA nor Cathay would say how many discounted seats are up for grabs. But both Mr Ginns and Mr Wong Hong, SIA's area vice-president for Singapore, assured passengers that there will be enough seats to meet demand. Mr Wong said: 'Of course we are not looking at four or five seats.'

Analysts note that since Valuair and Malaysia's AirAsia entered the scene, fares to Bangkok and Jakarta have also fallen. Valuair starts flying to Jakarta from Monday and AirAsia flies twice a day from Singapore to Bangkok.

Yesterday, SIA also unveiled a $168 promotion return fare, $32 less than its regular fare of $200, for its night flights to Bangkok and Jakarta. A Valuair ticket to either city costs $138 and the cheapest AirAsia ticket for its Singapore-Bangkok flight is $100.

Mr Wong said: 'In this business, and indeed in any business, you have to constantly watch your competitors to see what they are offering. It does not matter whether it is a budget carrier or a full-service airline. Competition comes from all sectors.'

Mr Lau is confident that budget carriers can survive even if the full-service carriers flex their muscles. He said: 'Valuair's costs are lower and we will definitely give them a run for their money.'

Old May 5th, 2004, 03:28 AM   #52
heirloom

giordano air stewardesses!
Old May 5th, 2004, 03:36 AM   #53
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Just when we tot Valuair was the cheapest and SIA the most expensive....

How they compare

ROUND-TRIP Hong Kong fare

Garuda - $283
Travel by July 31 and return within 14 days.

Cathay Pacific - $300
Booking by May 12, travel by June 30 and return within 14 days. A minimum two-day stay is required.

Valuair - $300
Travel by June 30.

Singapore Airlines - $368
For two people travelling together by May 25. Tickets must be issued within three days after booking or by May 20, whichever is earlier.*

China Airlines - $377
Travel by Oct 31 and return within one month.

Thai Airways - $418
Travel by Sept 30 and return within 30 days. A minimum two-day stay is required.

Malaysia Airlines - $492
Travel by May 31 and return within a month.

Information from Zuji travel portal and newspaper advertisements

* Also offered by Cathay Pacific

Old May 5th, 2004, 04:25 AM   #54
heirloom

hehe i told you sia isn't necessarily expensive..
Old May 5th, 2004, 06:47 AM   #55
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

You might want to compare its frequency as well....(information from Changi Airport web's flight planner)

How they compare

ROUND-TRIP Hong Kong fare

Garuda - $283 1 daily flight
Travel by July 31 and return within 14 days.

Cathay Pacific - $300 5 daily flights
Booking by May 12, travel by June 30 and return within 14 days. A minimum two-day stay is required.

Valuair - $300 1 daily flight
Travel by June 30.

Singapore Airlines - $368 5 daily flights
For two people travelling together by May 25. Tickets must be issued within three days after booking or by May 20, whichever is earlier.*

China Airlines - $377 1 daily flight
Travel by Oct 31 and return within one month.

United Airlines - $490 1 daily flight

Thai Airways - $418 (transit at Bangkok International)
Travel by Sept 30 and return within 30 days. A minimum two-day stay is required.

Malaysia Airlines - $492 (transit at KLIA)
Travel by May 31 and return within a month.

Royal Brunei Airlines - $410 (transit at Bandar Seri Begawan)

Information from Zuji travel portal and newspaper advertisements

* Also offered by Cathay Pacific

Information about United Airlines and Royal Brunei Airlines are from Chanbrothers website.

Last edited by babystan03; May 5th, 2004 at 03:19 PM.
Old May 5th, 2004, 12:37 PM   #56
huaiwei
The Monkey King

There is an error in your frequency for SIA.....they have the exact same frequency as Cathay lah.

Old May 5th, 2004, 02:52 PM   #57
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
There is an error in your frequency for SIA.....they have the exact same frequency as Cathay lah.
I'll check again....

Last edited by babystan03; May 5th, 2004 at 03:18 PM.
Old May 5th, 2004, 03:06 PM   #58
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Quote:
Originally Posted by babystan03
Frequency Corrected.
Er...sory sory..another correction...

How did u get 8 flights per day for Cathay? I coundted only 4 flights per day! SIA is 5 per day..which is correct.

Old May 5th, 2004, 03:18 PM   #59
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
Er...sory sory..another correction...

How did u get 8 flights per day for Cathay? I coundted only 4 flights per day! SIA is 5 per day..which is correct.
Go to flight planner:

Origin: Singapore Changi
Destination: HKIA
Prefered airline: Cathay

And you'll see there are 5 flights......

Confusion there as I didn't see the timing....apologise for that.
Old May 5th, 2004, 03:22 PM   #60
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Quote:
Originally Posted by babystan03
Go to flight planner:

Origin: Singapore Changi
Destination: HKIA
Prefered airline: Cathay

And you'll see there are 5 flights......

Confusion there as I didn't see the timing....apologise for that.
So now it it back to 5 flights lah? So I was correct when I said SIA and Cathay have the same number of flights! (thanks to silly air rights controls...)