daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 14th, 2010, 08:19 PM   #1701
GlasgowMan
AirGlasgow.com

Likes (Received): 88

Ryanair set to announce new Malta route from Glasgow Prestwick
14 February 2010

FlyGlasgow can exclusively reveal that budget airline Ryanair, are set to announce a brand new flight from Glasgow Prestwick Airport to the holiday island of Malta.

Ryanair plan to operate the new service two times per week, with flights available every Monday and Thursday. The new route will commence flying on 29 April 2010 and will be the airlines fourth new route from Glasgow in 2010.

An official announcement has not yet been made however FlyGlasgow expect the route to be on sale within the next week.

2010 is set to be a record breaking year for Glasgow Prestwick Airport, with Ryanair basing a sixth aircraft at the airport, with four new routes an increased frequencies on six existing routes.

Earlier this week Ryanair announced that they will invest £8 million in a new maintenance hangar at the Glasgow Airport, while FlyGlasgow also revealed that Ryanair are in talks with airport management with the view of basing a seventh aircraft at the airport by summer 2010.

For the latest on this and all other news regarding Glasgow’s Airlines Industry, keep up-to-date with FlyGlasgow.net.

http://www.flyglasgow.net/news.html

As your Scottish airport to the world, you can fly direct from Glasgow to 120 worldwide destinations, more than any other Scottish Airport. As well as listing all flights and destinations on offer from Glasgow's Airports, you can also view all the latest news and see a full list of all new routes on offer from Glasgow. You can also view our tourist guide to Glasgow, Scotland's largest city.
GlasgowMan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 14th, 2010, 10:09 PM   #1702
Brum X
Brum X

Likes (Received): 5107

Just as a matter of interest Mr Glasgow man, when did Glasgow airport GLA handle 11.5 million passengers as you have stated on the British Airways forum???? Just interested?????

Edingburgh now handles more passengers than GLA???

Going off topic i know
Brum X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 14th, 2010, 10:37 PM   #1703
GlasgowMan
AirGlasgow.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brum X View Post
Just as a matter of interest Mr Glasgow man, when did Glasgow airport GLA handle 11.5 million passengers as you have stated on the British Airways forum???? Just interested?????

Edingburgh now handles more passengers than GLA???

Going off topic i know
I didnt say "Glasgow Airport (GLA)" I said, Glasgow as in GLA+PIK (Both Glasgow Airports) and dont get me started on BAA's preferential treatment to EDI!!

As your Scottish airport to the world, you can fly direct from Glasgow to 120 worldwide destinations, more than any other Scottish Airport. As well as listing all flights and destinations on offer from Glasgow's Airports, you can also view all the latest news and see a full list of all new routes on offer from Glasgow. You can also view our tourist guide to Glasgow, Scotland's largest city.
Old February 16th, 2010, 09:27 PM   #1704
Brum X
Brum X

Likes (Received): 5107

Brum X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 18th, 2010, 01:42 PM   #1705
Wover

Likes (Received): 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdock View Post
What is the longest flight by ryanair and easy jet ?
For Ryanair I think it must be the Tampere (Finland) - Malaga (Spain). That route will operate from this summer on.

FR 2561 Malaga - Tampere
06:00 - 11:30 (local times)
Flight time: 4h30min

FR 2562 Tampere - Malaga
11:55 - 15:30 (local times)
Flight time: 4h35min
Wover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 06:25 PM   #1706
GlasgowMan
AirGlasgow.com

Barr Construction to build new Ryanair hangar
24 February 2010

Barr Construction has won the contract to build a second maintenance hangar for Ryanair at Glasgow Prestwick Airport.

The £8m three-bay facility will help service the budget airline's fleet of more than 200 aircraft.

Work on the 6600 sq m building has already started and it is due to open in September 2010.

Ryanair said the project to build the maintenance hangar would "allow up to 200 high-tech well paid jobs to be created from September this year".

Barclay Chalmers, managing director of Barr Construction, said: "This contract will enable us to continue our involvement in the on-going upgrade of Glasgow Prestwick Airport, having completed late last year the expansion and refurbishment of the departure lounge."

Last edited by GlasgowMan; February 24th, 2010 at 06:35 PM.
Old February 26th, 2010, 08:40 PM   #1707
GlasgowMan
AirGlasgow.com

Winner of €10,000 Ryanair scratch card eats winning ticket
Passengers asked to vote for which charity should receive this €10,000 prize

Ryanair, the world’s favourite airline, today (26th Feb) confirmed that the winner of a €10,000 Ryanair scratch card, on Thursday’s FR1724 flight from Krakow to East Midlands, ate the €10,000 winning ticket after crew confirmed he had won the €10,000 prize.

When the delighted crew congratulated the winner and advised him how to claim his prize he apparently became upset that Ryanair’s cabin crew could not pay him the €10,000 there and then on the flight. When the crew explained to him that these very large €10,000 prizes needed to be verified with, and collected directly from, the scratch card company the prize winner became angry and decided to digest his win – literally!

Since this €10,000 prize will now go unclaimed Ryanair and Brand Force, the scratch card company, have decided to offer the cash to charity and have asked Ryanair passengers to vote on www.ryanair.com (until Fri 5th Mar) for which type of charity Ryanair should donate the €10,000 prize to, from the following list:

1. An Anger Management Charity
2. An Eating Disorder Charity
3. A Gamblers Charity
4. A Disruptive Children’s Charity
5. A Mental Health Charity

Full results of this ‘angry’ poll will be announced on Friday 5th March.

Ryanair’s Stephen McNamara said,

“In the last two year’s Ryanair’s scratch cards have given away 10 cars, over €300,000 in cash prizes and over 100,000 flight vouchers. Passengers have always been delighted to claim their large cash prizes after returning home. Unfortunately our latest winner felt that we should have his €10,000 prize kicking around on the aircraft.

Yesterday’s events prove that while Ryanair’s scratch cards offer large cash prizes they clearly taste great too! Crew tried to stop the air Gourmet Scratch Card eater by offering him one of our great tasting sandwiches, pizzas or snacks instead, but clearly he had much more expensive tastes!

Ryanair is now asking passengers to vote on which type of charity Ryanair should donate the €10,000 prize money to with one charity from anger management, eating and digestive disorders to disruptive children’s and mental health charities now set to benefit from a real meal ticket!”

VOTE HERE
http://mail.ryanairmail.com/subscribe/survey?f=19

I went for the Anger Management Charity.

Old March 3rd, 2010, 04:48 PM   #1708
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 18195

Ryanair Carried 4.37M M Passengers In Feb Vs 4.13M
3 March 2010

LONDON (Dow Jones)--Ryanair PLC (RYAAY), the budget airline, said Wednesday it carried 4.37 million passengers in February compared with 4.13 million in February 2009 a rise of 6%.

MAIN FACTS:

-For the 12 months ended Feb. 28, the airline carried 65.9 million passengers.

-February load factor, the number of passengers as a proportion of the number of seats available for passengers, was

75% compared with 78%, and 82% for the rolling 12 months.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

Highcliff liked this post
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 13th, 2010, 06:03 AM   #1709
hkskyline
Hong Kong

EasyJet and Ryanair top complaints league
Cancellations and missing bags dominate mailbox
Lib Dems say standards are falling with prices: Ups and downs

13 March 2010
The Guardian

The aviation watchdog has revealed that easyJet and Ryanair were the subject of the most complaints from British airline passengers last year.

Cancellations, missing bags and denied boarding were among the gripes that saw Europe's largest budget airlines dominate the mailbox at the Air Transport Users' Council (AUC).

EasyJet had the most complaints of any major airline, with 719; Ryanair, which revels in its penny-pinching notoriety, was not far behind with 673.

The Liberal Democrats, who secured the figures in a freedom of information request, said the numbers proved that service standards were a casualty of lower fares.

Ryanair complaints have risen by 70% since 2005 and easyJet's by a third over the same period.

"This huge across-the-board rise in complaints shows that at some airlines customer service is going out of the window," said Norman Baker, the Lib Dem transport spokesman. "They think they have a captive market and can treat their passengers badly and get away with it."

Cancellations and flight delays accounted for more than four out of 10 complaints to Ryanair and easyJet last year. The usual budget airline whinges - baggage limits and extra charges - accounted for only about 6% of the two airlines' complaints.

One industry analyst said the apparent surge in passenger anger at the budget airlines was comparatively small considering their growth over the past 10 years.

In 2000 Ryanair and easyJet combined carried 13 million customers, compared with more than 100 million now. "It is a consequence of their size and scale in the market," said John Strickland, an aviation consultant. "Wherever they introduce capacity they fill it. They could not do that and sustain their passenger numbers if they were delivering a service that was unsatisfactory. If anything, it shows that, proportionately, their customers are pretty happy."

The two airlines' no-frills approach was derided by rivals more than a decade ago but it has transformed short-haul air travel, forcing conventional carriers to cut fares and in some cases drop their business-class cabins or abandon free food.

EasyJet, which carried more than 29 million passengers in and out of the UK last year, said the figures showed that it received one complaint per 40,000 passengers. "We take every complaint seriously, but passengers are voting with their feet," said an easyJet spokesman.

Ryanair, now the largest short-haul airline in Europe with more than 60 million passengers per year, said the AUC statistics showed that Ryanair received fewer complaints per passenger than easyJet and British Airways. BA came third in the AUC list with 528 complaints.

EasyJet 719 complaints. Rise since 2005: 33%
Ryanair 673. Rise since 2005: 70%
British Airways 528. Decline since 2005: 24.8%
Air France 97. Decline since 2005: 33%
KLM 78. Decline since 2005: 40%
Lufthansa 75.
Rise since 2005: 114%

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!

Old March 13th, 2010, 06:37 AM   #1710
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店

Likes (Received): 4966

I find that surprising. On internet boards, ryanair customers normally sound the most satisfied.
Old March 13th, 2010, 03:12 PM   #1711
Kubajzo

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by siamu maharaj View Post
I find that surprising. On internet boards, ryanair customers normally sound the most satisfied.
I have flown with them only once and it might as well be the last time. Never again.
Kubajzo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2010, 10:25 AM   #1712
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubajzo View Post
I have flown with them only once and it might as well be the last time. Never again.
I heard you have to leave your dignity home when you fly ryanair.
Old March 14th, 2010, 06:19 PM   #1713
GlasgowMan
AirGlasgow.com

I tend to find that 99% of people who complain about easyJet and/or Ryanair have never actually flown with either airline.

Quote:
Quote:
I heard you have to leave your dignity home when you fly ryanair.
Firstly; your last two posts completely contradict each other.

Secondly; how on earth do you lose your dignity because you fly Ryanair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubajzo View Post
What happend to put you off? Also if you dont mind, how much did you pay for your flight?

Old March 14th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #1714
Kubajzo

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasgowMan View Post

What happend to put you off? Also if you dont mind, how much did you pay for your flight?
I can overlook flying to such distant airports and delays, but I will not accept a dirty plane and when I mean dirty I really mean it, they asked me to put my belongings (jacket) on the floor where I found 2 empty juice boxes and their content spilled all over the floor. As I was flying from Frankfurt the crew was mostly german speaking. I do speak german but I prefer english. I had to speak german after all since the flight attendant was not able to make a simple sentence in proper english without mistakes and silly accent. I could overlook that as well but they were not attentive at all. I was glad to get of that flight.

I paid about 60 euro for the whole trip (excluding means of getting to and from the airport) . I know I can't expect much for that but at least some level of professionalism should be expected even if I was flying for free.
Kubajzo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 14th, 2010, 07:15 PM   #1715
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Well, I see garbage on buses as well, and that's what we should expect out of these low-cost carriers ... a flying bus.

Old March 15th, 2010, 09:40 AM   #1716
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlasgowMan View Post
I tend to find that 99% of people who complain about easyJet and/or Ryanair have never actually flown with either airline.

Firstly; your last two posts completely contradict each other.

Secondly; how on earth do you lose your dignity because you fly Ryanair?

They don't really contradict. All I was saying in the first post are flyers like you. A Ryaniair fan really loves defending it. I've never seen such ardent fans of any other airlines (nothing wrong with it, btw. just mentioning it). As for me, the gaudy interior itself is a huge putoff, so there's no way I'll fly Ryanair. Secondly, even when I fly full-fare airlines, I make sure I fly those which have the newest planes. I hate planes which are either old or overused (which ALL LCC planes are). In fact, you can see my post in the THY thread that I don't fly them simply coz they fly 737s without IFE.

Lastly, I don't like sitting next to dirty filthy people. The fact that Ryaniar tickets can be bought for as low as 5 pounds or even less inevitably means there'd be people sitting next to me whom I don't want to fly with. In Pakistan, where in some cultures even rich people fly like a bunch of beggers I only take the early morning flight when only businessmen fly (and only PIA coz of their new sexy 777s which I absolutely love). And not to mention sometimes flying to small airports, some of which are far away from the cities.
Old March 15th, 2010, 09:43 AM   #1717
siamu maharaj
樂豪酒店

And I totally forgot to mention, I simply never fly 737s regardless of how new/old it is and regardless of which airline it is. The only time I fly a 737 is when going to my hometown because it's the only plane that flies there, and it's an agonizing 90 minute journey for me.
Old March 16th, 2010, 06:58 PM   #1718
Juanpisni
Juan Pablo

Likes (Received): 0

MONKEY,PLASE COME BACK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey View Post
China Southern Airlines - also nowhere near as fast as Ryanair and EasyJet:

2000 - 16,850,740
2001 - 19,120,860
2002 - 21,492,730
2003 - 20,470,230

Dear Monkey: yo created this thread about 6 years ago.
Consistently you posted statistics and very interesting material.
Unfortunately for about a yeaar you dissapeared....
Please come back!
Juanpisni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 18th, 2010, 03:38 PM   #1719
Maxx☢Power
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
They don't really contradict. All I was saying in the first post are flyers like you. A Ryaniair fan really loves defending it. I've never seen such ardent fans of any other airlines (nothing wrong with it, btw. just mentioning it). As for me, the gaudy interior itself is a huge putoff, so there's no way I'll fly Ryanair. Secondly, even when I fly full-fare airlines, I make sure I fly those which have the newest planes. I hate planes which are either old or overused (which ALL LCC planes are). In fact, you can see my post in the THY thread that I don't fly them simply coz they fly 737s without IFE.

Lastly, I don't like sitting next to dirty filthy people. The fact that Ryaniar tickets can be bought for as low as 5 pounds or even less inevitably means there'd be people sitting next to me whom I don't want to fly with. In Pakistan, where in some cultures even rich people fly like a bunch of beggers I only take the early morning flight when only businessmen fly (and only PIA coz of their new sexy 777s which I absolutely love). And not to mention sometimes flying to small airports, some of which are far away from the cities.
Quote:
And I totally forgot to mention, I simply never fly 737s regardless of how new/old it is and regardless of which airline it is. The only time I fly a 737 is when going to my hometown because it's the only plane that flies there, and it's an agonizing 90 minute journey for me.
Maxx☢Power no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 03:11 AM   #1720
Juanpisni
Juan Pablo

Likes (Received): 0

+1
Juanpisni no está en línea   Reply With Quote