daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 8th, 2005, 04:18 PM   #61
an architect
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipperBill
Thanks for the picture! It's old but the clowning bad taste of the Chinese that it illustrates is still valid.

Look at those stupid flags. Actually they are not even flags, merely giant colored "diapers". And the colors suck!

Obviously the Chinese think that they are "nice" "decorations". They put up these stupid flags on almost every construction site - be it a building, a railroad section, a highway section, a square, ... even old or ancient buildings!!

By the way, it seems that the Chinese only know 6 colors - red, blue, green, yellow, orange and pink! And they always use the most garish hues.

Did you know that the Chinese routinely use girlish pink for the exterior of their residential towers?

LOL

Last edited by an architect; May 8th, 2005 at 04:31 PM.
an architect no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2005, 04:23 PM   #62
an architect
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neon
if you a China basher,start a thread of your own~

dont ruin my thread!
neon, get a clue. There are no "China bashers" here.

The subject has always been architecture.

If you are so intolerant of opposite opinions or are suffering from a mean case of inferiority complex, I recommend you stop coming here.
Old May 8th, 2005, 04:25 PM   #63
skipperBill
Hood Legend

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by an architect
Thanks for the picture! It's old but the clowning bad taste of the Chinese that it illustrates is still valid.

Look at those stupid flags. Actually they are not even flags, merely colored "diapers". And the colors suck!

Obviously the Chinese think that they are "nice" "decorations". They put up these stupid flags on almost every construction site - bet it a building, a railroad section, a highway section, a square, ... even old or ancient buildings!!

By the way, it seems that the Chinese only know 6 colors - red, blue, green, yellow, orange and pink! And they always use the most garish hues.

Did you know that the Chinese routinely use girlish pink for the exterior of their residential towers?

LOL

Interesting........How old are you, buddy?
Maybe you should let your parents know before you get on the internet. There are alot of harmful things on here that are not ment for the eyes of children. Not meaning to be intruding, just worried. It is for your own good, know what I mean.
skipperBill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2005, 04:28 PM   #64
an architect
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipperBill
Interesting........How old are you, buddy?
Maybe you should let your parents know before you get on the internet. There are alot of harmful things on here that are not ment for the eyes of children. Not meaning to be intruding, just worried. It is for your own good, know what I mean.
too lame, kid! LOL. try again.
Old May 8th, 2005, 05:20 PM   #65
loureed

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:

Look at those stupid flags. Actually they are not even flags, merely giant colored "diapers". And the colors suck!

Obviously the Chinese think that they are "nice" "decorations". They put up these stupid flags on almost every construction site - be it a building, a railroad section, a highway section, a square, ... even old or ancient buildings!!

LOL
The US did the same thing with flags of every color during the 80s in places and it got phased out.

The same will happen to China, as the general population gets wealthier and more educated, you will have more refined sensibilities, more Chinese architects than Western designs, less rainbow flags, etc.

Chinese culture has always been colorful. I dunno what's wrong with that. Europe in the past paid buckets of gold for silk, porcelien, carvings. You can find alot of Chinese art and interior decor inside of homes of many high-class Americans and European royalty.
loureed no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2005, 05:25 PM   #66
loureed

Quote:
You mainland Chinese seem to have an obsession with this "relative"/"absolute" rubbish argument.

I don't like Chinese architecture, traditional or contemporary. But I believe I'm free to express my opinion in this forum. This is not China. I suggest you return to China if you don't believe in Western values. Why did you study English in the first place? LOL.
relativism is a Western value and school of thought.

That all cultures and people are precious and valuable.
Old May 8th, 2005, 05:39 PM   #67
pookgai

Quote:
Hahahahahahahahaah! Another idiot obsessed with "relative" BS is here. LOL!!!!!! As I've told the other idiot, I don't waste my time on idiots like you.

Suffice to say that you are clueless and your post is worthless.

Why don't you moron grow some IQ, common decency and respect before you critique others! LOL!
Wow, who thought an innocent thread like this would turn so sour so soon. Just shows how immature some people can be on the Internet. an_architect (or should we say wannabe_Freshman_doesn't_even_have_a_degree_in_architecture_architect) where abouts are you from? I'm sure that alot of the forumers here would like to know.

Personally, as I've been to a number of cities on the Mainland, I have seen some examples of poor architecture and some absolute stunners. The reason why some people tend to bash Chinese architecture may be that there just is such a large pool of tall/large buidings to choose from. No city in the western world can possibly challenge the number of buildings completed, under construction, and proposed in cities across China.

I also feel that as Chinese cities develop further, so will the quality of the buildings. The funny thing about forums such as this one (which is basically an exchange of ideas and opinions) is that it only takes one moron to ruin a perfectly good discussion. Now, why don't we all just ignore an_architect as he/she/it seems to have social issues and continue discussing Shanghai's imminent rise.
pookgai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2005, 05:48 PM   #68
skipperBill
Hood Legend

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by pookgai
Wow, who thought an innocent thread like this would turn so sour so soon. Just shows how immature some people can be on the Internet. an_architect (or should we say wannabe_Freshman_doesn't_even_have_a_degree_in_architecture_architect) where abouts are you from? I'm sure that alot of the forumers here would like to know.

Personally, as I've been to a number of cities on the Mainland, I have seen some examples of poor architecture and some absolute stunners. The reason why some people tend to bash Chinese architecture may be that there just is such a large pool of tall/large buidings to choose from. No city in the western world can possibly challenge the number of buildings completed, under construction, and proposed in cities across China.

I also feel that as Chinese cities develop further, so will the quality of the buildings. The funny thing about forums such as this one (which is basically an exchange of ideas and opinions) is that it only takes one moron to ruin a perfectly good discussion. Now, why don't we all just ignore an_architect as he/she/it seems to have social issues and continue discussing Shanghai's imminent rise.

AMEN to that.......!!!!!
skipperBill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2005, 05:55 PM   #69
an architect
BANNED

Pookgai,

Are you a Cantonese Pookgai or a Shanghaiese Pookgai?

LOL.

This is not a place for Pookgai's. I recommend that you grow some IQ, common decency and respect before you critique others.
Old May 8th, 2005, 06:02 PM   #70
loureed

You will utterly fail as an architect if you cannot grasp other aesethics besides your own.
Old May 8th, 2005, 07:08 PM   #71
Evil Bert

Likes (Received): 0

an architect, yes you have made valid points but you take things a little too far with your condecending attitude.

relax dude, have some respect cos its ok to be on the other side of a computer screen but i dont think you would say the stuff to these chinese guys faces?

where u from anyway, could you give us an example of fine urban and architectial planning from your side of the world
Evil Bert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2005, 07:50 PM   #72
some_stupid_nut

Likes (Received): 3

Forum arguements are stupid. Stop now and save everyone from the horror.

Yeah a lot of Chinese have bad taste though. I am Chinese, I know.
Old May 8th, 2005, 08:14 PM   #73
IJKT123

Quote:
IJKT123,

I suggest you go back to China and repeat secondary school a few more times. Pay special attention in Math classes so that you can pick up some REAL sense of Logic. You also need to pick up some basic English reading comprehension skills and basic English writing skills.
Bla..bla..bla..bla..bla.....

I realize u are shamed due to inability to defend your fatal idiotic & blind opinions.... every body in this forum can see that!

Until now we are still waiting your argument to defend your fatal opinions regarding building design taste - as a matter fact till now you are speechless.....except throwing childish statement like the above.

Dont u realize with your error logic - poor knowledge and - mannerless behaviour - u yourself are humiliating western civilization in this forum...

Quote:
Right now your English is bad that it's almost unintelligible.
I know I wrote with bad english like you did... but i dont need to bother to correct the writing as I realized I only deal with stupid guy.

Quote:
I suspect I can train monkeys to argue better than you do. LOL!
Even your manner and attitude is not better than monkey's
That explain why u behave like a monkey in this forum...

And I am afraid (hopefully not) - "u yourself is a trained monkey?"....

Quote:
Pookgai,

LOL.

This is not a place for Pookgai's. I recommend that you grow some IQ, common decency and respect before you critique others.
Maybe you have highest IQ - common decendy and respect - among monkeys.... hihihihihihih.....

Last edited by IJKT123; May 8th, 2005 at 08:41 PM.
IJKT123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2005, 08:31 PM   #74
IJKT123

Quote:
I think he is a mainland Chinese who doesn't want to admit that he is Chinese. He might be in Australia, Britain, Canada for "study". But I believe he's Chinese.
Ha ha ha ha ha..... like I said: u always judge other ppls as chinese just because their opinion is contradictive to yours about anything related to china... - what a narrowminded person -

Now see .... your opinion is always groundless...
IJKT123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2005, 09:57 PM   #75
pookgai

Quote:
Pookgai,

LOL.

Why do you assume that I am Cantonese or Shanghainese? lol. On the subject of idiocy........

BTW, is it just me or does this person copy and paste random insults... lol anyway, we really should try and ignore people like this.
pookgai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2005, 10:01 PM   #76
Manu84
BANNED

Likes (Received): 22

what is manhattan??

I donīt know

Viva Pudong
Manu84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 12:31 AM   #77
an architect
BANNED

IJKT123,

Too bad I don't have a monkey in my house, or I'd have let it argue with you. I'm not interested in talking with brainless boys like you. Judging by your idiotic rantings, I'm sure you are just a lonely social misfit.

You should thank me for spending time responding to your garbage posts.

Why do you have such a strong urge to deny that you are Chinese? Granted I'd be ashamed to be a Chinese if I were one; but why deny the obvious? inferiority complex? hahahahahaha
Old May 9th, 2005, 12:36 AM   #78
an architect
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by some_stupid_nut
Forum arguements are stupid. Stop now and save everyone from the horror.

Yeah a lot of Chinese have bad taste though. I am Chinese, I know.
I wish there were more Chinese like you, who have the intelligence and courage to face the embarrassing reality.
Old May 9th, 2005, 12:41 AM   #79
raymond_tung88

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
IJKT123,

Too bad I don't have a monkey in my house, or I'd have let it argue with you. I'm not interested in talking with brainless boys like you. Judging by your idiotic rantings, I'm sure you are just a lonely social misfit.

You should thank me for spending time responding to your garbage posts.

Why do you have such a strong urge to deny that you are Chinese? Granted I'd be ashamed to be a Chinese if I were one; but why deny the obvious? inferiority complex? hahahahahaha
For someone who thinks they're so smat and intellectual, you sure don't act like it. You say you're not interested in talking to "brainless" boys? Then why the hell do you bother to reply. Oh and idiotic rantings? Please!!! Look at the beginning of this thread to the end. You'll find that you're the ONLY one who does that. BTW, I think you should thank me and other people who have responded to YOUR garbage posts.

Lastly, you say you're not a China basher? Everything you've said is against China. To be honest with you, if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all. IMO, I think you're the only lonely social misfit. What's the matter with you? Have you offended everyone that you've seen and now have to talk to in people that you can't? Get some manners and leave. Some people are just so stupid that they can't even realize that they're really the ones who need to take their own advice. I think I speak on behalf of everybody when I say please never talk again.
raymond_tung88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2005, 01:20 AM   #80
an architect
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by raymond_tung88
For someone who thinks they're so smat and intellectual, you sure don't act like it. You say you're not interested in talking to "brainless" boys? Then why the hell do you bother to reply. Oh and idiotic rantings? Please!!! Look at the beginning of this thread to the end. You'll find that you're the ONLY one who does that. BTW, I think you should thank me and other people who have responded to YOUR garbage posts.

Lastly, you say you're not a China basher? Everything you've said is against China. To be honest with you, if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all. IMO, I think you're the only lonely social misfit. What's the matter with you? Have you offended everyone that you've seen and now have to talk to in people that you can't? Get some manners and leave. Some people are just so stupid that they can't even realize that they're really the ones who need to take their own advice. I think I speak on behalf of everybody when I say please never talk again.
another semi-illiterate China boy is here. and a pretty typical lame copycat as well. hahahahahahaha.

"I offended everyone"??? No, monkey boy. I might have offended some uneducated, narrow-minded, stupid, nationalistic Chinese idiots. But not everyone. I know the Chinese take up one fifth of the world's population, but fortunately that's not 100% of the population.

What are you trying to say? the rest of the world must praise the ugly crap shoots rising in Chinese cities? or that if they make a factual statement that a particular building in Shanghai is ugly, then they are "against China"?

if that's the case, you should crawl back to your rat hole in China right now. Why stay in the U.S. or Canada or any other English speaking country?? In the civilized West, freedom of speech and expression is a fundamental value of society. Not even the government has the right to censor it, much less a brainless Chinese monkey boy like you.