daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old March 12th, 2015, 04:42 AM   #21
Atmosphere
Live from the sky!

Likes (Received): 798

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindustani View Post
With more and more sophisticated missiles Hamas and Hezbollah are making, this will be a sitting target from 30 miles away. I doubt it will ever be built.

nonetheless, good effort. should be commended. I like it.
I'm always wondering. Does that actually matter? You're assuming the building is easy to hit because it's high, but if a rocket could hit the top floors, it could also hit the buildings behind it, if the tower wasn't there. The amount of damage would be the same no? Unless you talk about possibilities of collapsing.

Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2015, 05:02 AM   #22
Dr. Rabbit
G-d is still with us

Likes (Received): 208

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmosphere View Post
I'm always wondering. Does that actually matter? You're assuming the building is easy to hit because it's high, but if a rocket could hit the top floors, it could also hit the buildings behind it, if the tower wasn't there. The amount of damage would be the same no? Unless you talk about possibilities of collapsing.
It's not just a matter of getting approved, but what I know, there probably are height regulations in Israel, but in the former IDF HQ in tel aviv, there are approved plans for a 340 M 80 floor tower (right now it is a car park, but it could start later). There is also the factor of incentives for the government to approve it, such as the high prices of land in Israel, having technology for defense on the roof ( or bribing a politician )

There's also the factor of being money-wise, with the design of the tower and the curves, it could be really expensive so if the tower ever gets U/C, it might be a different design, it also hasn't had much progress.
Dr. Rabbit no está en línea  

Closed Thread