daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 25th, 2014, 07:37 PM   #1
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 16998

GREATER NEW HAVEN | Projects & Construction

In recent years New Haven has been undergoing a Urban Revitalization boom...with dozens of Infill and large scale redevelopment projects. There are also numerous transportation and city service projects underway in New Haven and in surrounding communities.

Greater New Haven includes , East Haven , West Haven , North Haven , Hamden & Milford..

Quote:
New Haven

New Haven Gets Critical State Funding For Coliseum Redevelopment

Construction at the site of the former New Haven Coliseum — envisioned since the venue was demolished in 2007 — could get underway next summer now that critical state funding has been earmarked for road and other improvements.

Gov. Dannel P. Malloy announced Thursday that the $400 million project is slated to receive $21.5 million in state bond money — a boost for a project that will complement other economic development in the city and create new jobs.

New Haven Coliseum Site Redevelopment
Plans for the Coliseum property are part of a larger vision to stitch back together New Haven's downtown, divided in the 1960s by the Route 34 connector, which was never finished.

The Coliseum development — a piece of the larger Downtown Crossing — is expected to include hundreds of apartments, a hotel, shops, restaurants and office space.
http://www.courant.com/business/hc-n...030-story.html
Visit the New Jersey Section

mrsmartman liked this post

Last edited by Nexis; March 28th, 2015 at 02:28 AM.
Nexis está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 25th, 2014, 07:38 PM   #2
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Quote:
New Haven

Wooster Square Apartments Get Green Light

Construction can now begin on luxury apartments at the site of Wooster Square’s former Comcast buliding.

The City Plan Commission Wednesday night unanimously approved site plans for the mixed-use development on Chapel Street by the corner of Olive. Construction is expected to be completed in 12 to 18 months.

Frank Caico of developer Spinnaker Residential LLC presented renderings of the facades of both buildings. The development plans to create a “pedestrian-friendly and utilized environment,” in the “underutilized” gap between downtown and Wooster Square, he said.

Two existing Comcast buildings at the address will be demolished and redeveloped. A six-floor building on 630 Chapel St. will contain 166 residential apartments with 7,200 square feet of retail space on the ground floor. A five-floor building across the street at 673 Chapel will contain 66 residential apartments with 2,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space on the ground floor.
http://www.newhavenindependent.org/i...t_green_light/
Old December 25th, 2014, 07:38 PM   #3
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Quote:
New Haven

Alders Greenlight 87 Union

n a unanimous roll call vote, Board of Alders granted zoning relief to Wooster Square’s latest proposal for new apartments at its regular meeting Thursday night.

87 Union developer Noel Petra asked the city for a zoning change from a warehouse-oriented district to a central business/residential, or BD-1, zone to allow for denser, mixed-use development.

This is the final approval Petra needed.
http://www.newhavenindependent.org/i...zoning_change/

Last edited by Nexis; March 28th, 2015 at 02:29 AM.
Old December 25th, 2014, 07:39 PM   #4
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Quote:
New Haven

Hotel Builder Woos Wooster Square & Downtown

The latest stop on the Marriott Residence Inn’s neighborhood appeasement tour: downtown and Wooster Square.

Developer Douglas Cohen spoke to the neighborhoods’ community management team at City Hall Wednesday night to provide updates on the planning process and solicit feedback on how to proceed with the proposed six-story 115-room extended-stay inn he hopes to build on Elm and Howe streets. Two weeks earlier, he had made a similar stop at the Dwight Management Team, the first since formally withdrawing plans in the face of neighborhood opposition.
http://www.newhavenindependent.org/i...tt_developers/
Old December 25th, 2014, 07:40 PM   #5
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Quote:
New Haven

Ground Broken For State Street Lofts
A groundbreaking in East Rock’s Goatville section Tuesday was a celebration of not just new lofts, but of what can happen when a community and a developer actually agree on a project.

City officials and developers tossed a little dirt from a makeshift pile just across the street from what will eventually become the “State Street Lofts”—4,000 square feet of ground floor retail space with three residential units on the second floor. Just behind that will be another 232 market-rate apartments. The development is expected to have 273 parking spots—more than zoning requires—and 235 bike-parking spots.

For more than five years, plans for the abandoned for Star Supply Property, a complex of five brick structures at the corner of State, Lawrence and Mechanic streets, had come and gone. Neighbors and developers were at odds.
But almost a year ago, after meetings with community members, developers were able to come up with a plan that satisfied most of neighbors’ concerns about parking and gentrification.
http://www.newhavenindependent.org/i..._street_lofts/
Old December 25th, 2014, 07:49 PM   #6
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Quote:
New Haven

Metro 280 aka 280 Crown Street
Broke Ground in Early December

Contributing to the ongoing renaissance of Downtown New Haven, Metro Star Properties is proud to introduce Metro 280! This exciting project is the restoration and adaptive re-use of the Crown Street Garage, located on the corner of Crown and High Street, just steps to Yale University. The neighborhood is truly unique to the City – a fabulous destination for fine restaurants, shops and all the cultural amenities New Haven has to offer.
http://metrostarproperties.com/metro-280-new-haven/
Old December 25th, 2014, 07:52 PM   #7
Nexis
Dark Wolf

New Apartments going up on Howe & Chapel Streets...

Last edited by Nexis; December 25th, 2014 at 09:07 PM.
Old January 30th, 2015, 09:14 PM   #8
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Quote:
Hill-to-Downtown Transit-Oriented Development Community Plan

City of New Haven, Connecticut, New Haven, CT
New Haven’s gateway district: a new front door for the city

The City of New Haven initiated the Hill-to-Downtown Community Plan to unlock the potential of this transit served location as a walkable, mixed-use medical, research, residential, and retail district between downtown New Haven and the Hill neighborhood. Located directly adjacent to historic Union Station, the area has languished since urban-renewal-era planning resulted in widespread land clearance and left a disjointed and dysfunctional street network.

Developed through a robust public process that engaged all community and institutional stakeholders, the Community Plan includes the following initiatives:

Reconnects Downtown, the Hill, and the Medical District (Yale New Haven Hospital, Yale School of Medicine, and related research enterprises) with each other
Promotes redevelopment of the 300-unit Church Street South section 8 residential complex as a 750-unit mixed-income, mixed-use community
Links Union Station to the district and downtown through creation of a Union Square, a gateway public space and destination
Revises zoning that incorporate height transitions between higher density research and residential areas and the modest scale of surrounding neighborhoods

http://www.goodyclancy.com/projects/...munity-plan-2/

mrsmartman, Android2000 liked this post
Old April 27th, 2015, 02:26 PM   #9
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Quote:
Metro-North opening temporary rail station in Milford
Frank Juliano
Updated 5:34 pm, Saturday, April 25, 2015

In preparation for work to begin on the Devon Bridge, Metro North workers construct a temporary train platform for passenger transfers between the Waterbury and New Haven lines in the Devon section of Milford, Conn. on Thursday, April 23, 2015. Photo: Brian A. Pounds

MILFORD -- Metro-North Railroad's temporary Devon station, which will be in use from May 4 into early October, is exactly that: temporary.

The open-air platform sits at the Y-shaped junction of tracks where the Waterbury Branch meets the main New Haven Line. There's no canopy, no restrooms, no ticket machines and no parking.

The state's Rail Transportation Plan, covering 2012-16, mentions a permanent Metro-North station in Devon, but this is not it.

But the two, four-car-length platforms -- one on the branch and one on Track 3 with a walkway connecting them -- are a key piece of a major upgrade to the Waterbury Branch.
http://www.ctpost.com/news/article/W...#photo-7867657

Note that the Proposed Permanent Station which is part of the Waterbury Branch upgrade will not be located on the Wye but few hundred feet east of it.

Devon Permanent Plans
Old May 3rd, 2015, 03:18 PM   #10
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Quote:
Studios Planned Above Crown Street Garage

by Aliyya Swaby | Apr 16, 2015 12:58 pm

Aliyya Swaby Photo

The empty space above the parking garage next to BAR restaurant will soon become studio and loft apartments for lease.

The City Plan Commission Wednesday night reviewed and approved Metro 260 LLC’s site plans for the 12-unit, 9,325 square-foot, second-story space, which was originally designed for parking. The apartment complex does not yet have a name and lawyers said they did not know the estimated price range of the apartments.
Read More Here : http://www.newhavenindependent.org/i...street_garage/
Old May 21st, 2015, 11:44 AM   #11
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Quote:
Plan to convert Harold’s site in New Haven into apartments unveiled

Members of the Downtown-Wooster Square Management Team were shown a proposal on Tuesday from a development group looking to transform the old Harold’s Bridal Shop location on Elm Street into a five-story apartment building featuring ground-level retail space. Evan Lips - New Haven Register

By Evan Lips, New Haven Register

Posted: 05/19/15, 10:21 PM EDT | Updated: 23 hrs ago

NEW HAVEN >> Members of the Downtown-Wooster Square Management Team were shown a proposal on Tuesday from a development group looking to transform the old Harold’s Bridal Shop location on Elm Street into a five-story apartment building featuring ground-level retail space.

The site plan for 19 Elm St., unveiled by representatives from MOD Equities, calls for the creation of a mix of 46 one bedroom, two bedroom and duplex units.

Attorney Gregory P. Muccilli of Shipman & Goodwin LLP, counsel for MOD, said the building is envisioned to cater to the “kind of people who desire to walk, bike or use the train station to commute to work.”

The preliminary plan features 21 on-site parking spaces along with 40 secure bike storage spaces.

“We envision balconies with borrowed light, a rooftop deck and a common space where residents can congregate,” Muccilli said. “Our proposal for 19 Elm St. creates a desirable residential development in keeping with the neighborhood feel.
Read the rest here : http://www.nhregister.com/general-ne...#disqus_thread
Old May 24th, 2015, 09:59 AM   #12
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Small Update from New Haven on Friday

Downtown New Haven,Connecticut
by Corey Best, on Flickr

Gateway Community College

by Corey Best, on Flickr

Alexion Corporate HQ

by Corey Best, on Flickr

by Corey Best, on Flickr

College Street Apartment complex

by Corey Best, on Flickr

by Corey Best, on Flickr

by Corey Best, on Flickr

Some misc Downtown shots..

by Corey Best, on Flickr

by Corey Best, on Flickr

by Corey Best, on Flickr

by Corey Best, on Flickr

by Corey Best, on Flickr

by Corey Best, on Flickr

Android2000 liked this post
Old July 10th, 2015, 12:20 AM   #13
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Quote:
Developer plans $57M mixed-use project in Bridgeport

Early plans have surfaced that would see a Westport developer build a $57 million project of 1,200 apartments, restaurants, a waterfront promenade and a 205-slip marina in Bridgeport’s South End.

A rendering of the proposed mixed-use development at 60 Main St. in Bridgeport.
Read More Here : http://westfaironline.com/72742/deve...in-bridgeport/
Old August 7th, 2015, 04:57 AM   #14
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Locals Picked To Build By The River

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/i..._on_370_james/
Old August 7th, 2015, 06:48 AM   #15