daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 15th, 2015, 03:59 AM   #1
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Likes (Received): 16998

NEW JERSEY GOLD COAST | Projects & Construction

I guess I never started a thread about the various Gold Coast Cities Projects.

Overview

Quote:
The Hudson Waterfront, sometimes called the Gold Coast, is an urban area of northeastern New Jersey along the lower reaches of the Hudson River, the Upper New York Bay and the Kill van Kull. Though the term can specifically mean the shoreline, it often used to mean the contiguous urban area between the Bayonne Bridge and the George Washington Bridge that is approximately 19 miles (31 km) long. The municipalities comprising the Hudson Waterfront are Bayonne, Jersey City, Hoboken, Union City, Weehawken, West New York, Guttenberg and North Bergen in Hudson County and Fairview, Cliffside Park, Edgewater and Fort Lee in Bergen County. To the east, lies the New York City boroughs of Manhattan and Brooklyn, to the south Staten Island, to the west Newark Bay and the New Jersey Meadowlands, and to the north Palisades Interstate Park. Historically, the region has been known as Bergen Neck, the lower peninsula, and Bergen Hill, lower Hudson Palisades.
Population

Quote:
With a combined population of approximately 625,000, the Hudson Waterfront, if incorporated into a single city, would be the twenty-first most populous in the country with one of the smallest land areas of 35.7 square miles (92 km2). Its communities have some of the highest residential densities in the United States. Of municipalities in the United States over 50,000 people, Union City is the most densely populated. Guttenberg, although one of the smallest municipalities, stretching from 68th Street to 71st Street at 128 acres (0.52 km2), is the most densely populated "town" in the country. Many others are on the list of most densely populated places in the United States.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hudson_Waterfront
Visit the New Jersey Section

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Nexis no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2015, 04:00 AM   #2
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Jersey City

Quote:
Property for possible Journal Square luxury tower up for sale

By Terrence T. McDonald | The Jersey Journal
Email the author | Follow on Twitter
on March 10, 2015 at 7:59 AM, updated March 10, 2015 at 8:38 AM

A proposed rendering of how a 42-story tower would look in Jersey City's Hilltop neighborhood. Rendering courtesy of Cushman & Wakefield.

Commercial real-estate firm Cushman & Wakefield is seeking buyers for a Summit Avenue property that could one day be the location a 42-story tower opposed by local residents.

The New York-based firm is brokering a deal to sell the property, now owned by Ayner Netter, to developers seeking to build in the newly lucrative Journal Square area. And the firm is using the possibility of a residential tower on the location to lure buyers.

http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/inde...l#incart_river

Last edited by Nexis; March 25th, 2015 at 11:15 PM.
Old March 15th, 2015, 04:01 AM   #3
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Jersey City

Quote:
Jersey City council approves $36M plan to build City Hall annex

A rendering of the proposed City Hall annex on Martin Luther King Drive in Jersey City. Courtesy of Brandywine.

on March 11, 2015 at 9:43 PM, updated March 12, 2015 at 1:40 PM

JERSEY CITY - The City Council tonight approved a $35 million plan to build a City Hall annex on Martin Luther King Drive, one the Fulop administration touts as the largest investment in the city's black community in decades.

The 7-2 vote came after a roughly two-hour public hearing that saw supporters express hope that the annex will rejuvenate the economy of the commercial strip near the Hub shopping center, and opponents slam the deal as a giveaway to the developer, Brandywine.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2..._city_hal.html

Last edited by Nexis; March 25th, 2015 at 11:15 PM.
Old March 15th, 2015, 04:02 AM   #4
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Jersey City

Quote:
Jersey City officials break ground on final phase of Gloria Robinson town home complex

By Patrick Villanova | The Jersey Journal
on March 05, 2015 at 9:39 AM

A rendering of the Gloria Robinson Court Homes on Routes 1&9 and Duncan Avenue in Jersey City. Courtesy of Jersey City
Patrick Villanova | The Jersey Journal

The fourth and final phase of the Jersey City Housing Authority's mixed-income complex near Duncan Avenue and Routes 1&9 is officially underway.

The JCHA and Pennrose Properties, LLC held a groundbreaking ceremony yesterday for the final portion of the Gloria Robinson Court Homes, a vibrant mixed-income apartment community that has replaced the former A. Harry Moore public housing complex.

Federal, state and city officials participated in the event celebrating the final phase that will include 70 apartments and a 10-classroom Head Start early childhood education center, being administered by Greater Bergen Community Action. Once completed, the community will encompass 274 units of workforce housing on a 7.6-acre site.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...nal_phase.html

Last edited by Nexis; March 25th, 2015 at 11:16 PM.
Old March 15th, 2015, 04:03 AM   #5
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Jersey City

Quote:
Developers reveal plans for 35-story tower at Jersey City Pep Boys site

on March 03, 2015 at 4:33 PM, updated March 03, 2015 at 5:44 PM

New renderings show developers' plans for a 35-story residential tower on the site of the Downtown Pep Boys, part of a large-scale development called Hudson Exchange West proposed for that area.

If approved by city planning officials, the tower would house 421 units and include over 12,000 square feet of retail space on a four-acre site just north of the Harsimus Cove light rail station.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...ey_city_p.html

Old March 15th, 2015, 04:04 AM   #6
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Jersey City Update from February 11

Old March 15th, 2015, 04:05 AM   #7
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Jersey City

Quote:
4,100 get employment assistance in Jersey City

By The Jersey Journal
on February 13, 2015 at 7:55 AM

More than 4,100 people received access to employment assistance and job training in 2014 through Jersey City's One Stop Career Center, the city announced.
http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/inde...l#incart_river

Old March 15th, 2015, 04:06 AM   #8
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Jersey City

Quote:
NJCU business school plans to turn 'Wall Street West' into learning environment

By Matthew Speiser | The Jersey Journal
Follow on Twitter
on February 10, 2015 at 5:46 PM, updated February 10, 2015 at 7:30 PM

Rendering of plans for the new New Jersey City University School of Business on the Jersey City waterfront. (Image courtesy NJCU)
The Jersey Journal

JERSEY CITY
-- Downtown Jersey City, also known as "Wall Street West," will now serve as more then just a financial hub for New Jersey.

It will be a classroom.

New Jersey City University has announced plans to open a new school of business at 2 Harborside Plaza next to the Exchange Place PATH station in time for the fall 2015 semester.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...l#incart_river

Old March 15th, 2015, 04:07 AM   #9
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Jersey City

Quote:
Hudson County Community College opens cutting edge library in Journal Square

Follow on Twitter
on September 29, 2014 at 6:20 PM, updated September 29, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Hudson County Community College hosted a grand opening for its newest facility, a six-story, 112,000 square-foot library on Journal Square in Jersey City, Monday, Sept. 29, 2014. Reena Rose Sibayan | The Jersey Journal

Before a crowd of faculty, trustees, alumni and students, Hudson County Community College hosted the grand opening of its newest facility this morning: a six-story, 112,000 square foot library with plenty of bells and whistles.

"This new library is a game changer for Journal Square," said HCCC President Glen Gabert. "It's a symbol that we are a first-choice institution. HCCC is becoming a premier urban community college."

The $35,000,000 library, which broke ground in November 2012, is the product of collaborative funding between the county, state, and HCCC board of trustees. It is also a harbinger for further development of Journal Square by HCCC, which hopes to add a bookstore, a STEM (science, technology, engineering, mathematics) facility, and parking garage in the coming years, according to William Netchert, chairman of the HCCC board of trustees.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...al_square.html

Last edited by Nexis; March 25th, 2015 at 11:17 PM.
Old March 15th, 2015, 04:08 AM   #10
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Jersey City

Quote:
Ground broken for makeover of Boyd-McGuiness Park in Jersey City

Follow on Twitter
on September 29, 2014 at 7:26 AM

Boyd-McGuiness Park at the corner of Kennedy Boulevard and Duncan Avenue is getting reconstructed. The project is scheduled to be completed by mid-April, 2015. The Jersey Journal

The contracts have been awarded, the funds are secure, the design has been created and ground has already been broken on the makeover of Boyd-McGuiness Park at the corner of Duncan Avenue and Kennedy Boulevard in Jersey City.

"I think it will be a great asset for the neighborhood and a much needed play area for kids," said Kara Hrabosky of the Duncan Avenue Neighborhood Association. "It's been promised for years and now everybody is really excited to see that patch of land being put to good use."
http://www.nj.com/jjournal-news/inde...keover_of.html

Last edited by Nexis; March 25th, 2015 at 11:18 PM.
Old March 15th, 2015, 04:09 AM   #11
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Jersey City

Quote:
Historic Downtown Jersey City among nation's most expensive neighborhoods for renters: report

By Patrick Villanova | The Jersey Journal
on November 21, 2014 at 9:53 AM

Historic Downtown Jersey City has been named one of the most expensive neighborhoods in the country for renters by Apartments.com (Google Maps image)

Historic Downtown Jersey City is among the nation's most expensive neighborhoods for renters, according to a recent online study.

Apartments.com ranked the popular neighborhood near the Jersey City waterfront No. 8 on its list of the 14 most expensive neighborhoods for renters in 2014.

The website put the rankings together using a variety of financial factors, including average cost of rent, household income, percentage of paycheck spent on rent each month and inflation. Neighborhoods where a high percentage of monthly household income was spent on rent were given the most weight.
http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...elated_stories

erbse, ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post

Old March 15th, 2015, 04:09 AM   #12
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Jersey City

Quote:
Journal Square developers seek 30-year tax break from Jersey City

on October 09, 2014 at 2:58 PM, updated October 09, 2014 at 5:09 PM

Rendering of 3 Journal Square
The Jersey Journal

Developers planning a $73 million residential building set for Journal Square are seeking a 30-year tax break from Jersey City.

The developers, including Hartz Mountain and former Democratic Party bigwig Joseph Panepinto, have already received $19 million in state tax credits for 3 Journal Square, a proposed 13-story tower with 240 rental units slated for a space adjacent to what's commonly called the ADP building, across the street from the PATH transportation hub.

Developers are proposing to pay 10 percent of their gross annual revenue – or $518,507 – in lieu of taxes for the first year of the deal, with the amount growing over the course of three decades. They project $3.2 million in operating income in the first year 3 Journal Square is open.

http://www.nj.com/hudson/index.ssf/2...rsey_city.html

Old March 15th, 2015, 04:10 AM   #13
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Jersey City Update from January 2nd

Old March 18th, 2015, 03:58 AM   #14
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Quote:
Jersey City

4,200 sq. ft. Journal Square property sold for $1.2M

By Eric Strauss March 11, 2015 at 4:38 PM

A retail-and-residential property in Jersey City's Journal Square area has fetched $1.2 million, according to commercial real estate services firm CBRE.

The 4,200-square-foot, three-story building at 2866 John F. Kennedy Blvd. has a Subway restaurant in the ground-level retail space, and occupied multifamily apartments on the upper two floors, CBRE said Wednesday in a news release.

“The CBRE Investment Properties team is one of the most active in the Jersey City area, having closed three deals in the last month valuing approximately $25 million,” Charles Berger of CBRE said in a prepared statement. “Journal Square is one of the hottest markets in the Tri-State region and we just recently put three more deals into contract for record pricing, with several more on the way.”
http://www.njbiz.com/article/2015031...-sold-for-$12M

Old March 28th, 2015, 12:32 AM   #15
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Quote:
9th and Monroe

1125 Jefferson

Along the 14th Street Viaduct

14th and Park

Willow Avenue developments

Newark Street and Willow Avenue

130 Park Avenue

Adjacent 120? Park Avenue

Old March 29th, 2015, 08:33 AM   #16
Manitopiaaa
Illuminati Leader

Location: Alexandria, Nova, The Crown Commonwealth of Virginia (see sig)
Likes (Received): 10289

Nice thread!

Atlanta (6,451,262) - Boston (8,176,376) - Chicago (9,882,634) - Cleveland (3,483,311) - Dallas (7,673,305) - Denver (3,470,235) - Detroit (5,318,653) - Houston (6,972,374)
Los Angeles (18,688,022) - Miami (6,723,472) - Minneapolis (3,894,820) - New York (23,689,255) - Orlando (3,202,927) - Philadelphia (7,179,357) - Phoenix (4,661,537)
Portland (3,160,488) - San Diego (3,317,749) - San Francisco (8,751,807) - Seattle (4,684,516) - Tampa (3,032,171) - Washington (9,665,892)

Manitopiaaa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2015, 11:44 PM   #17
Hudson11
Stuck on the Cross Bronx

Likes (Received): 22566

edit - wrong place

Hudson11 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2015, 11:16 AM   #18
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Quote:
3 Journal Square

Journal Squared

Former City Center Towers, still no movement on revived project, but they keep replacing that dumpster...

Site of 500 Summit Street, the potential 42 story tower with a cliffside park

This is the street level view from the bridge. Almost every unit that actually faces Downtown and Manhattan will have priceless views.

Old April 1st, 2015, 11:36 AM   #19
Nexis
Dark Wolf

Quote:
The Jersey Avenue condos

A side project on "Maxwell Alley"

144 Newark Avenue

70-90 Columbus