daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 27th, 2005, 02:59 PM   #181
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Likes (Received): 48

^Nice stuff Mate, few things though, 3rd runway can not be so close to the city of Velika Gorica, if there is going to be third runway it would be parallel to the 2nd runway, again 1.5km away mirroring 2nd runway (it all has to do air safety regulations), also if HRZ stays at Pleso, I strongly doubt this, Lucko would probably be best option, they'll need to compromise on space they are given and future eviction when Airport is expanded again...

You seem to forget one thing Mate, runway consist of Approach and descending lights and take off lights as well as landing strip, example Zagreb current Runway is about 5km long, only 3.25 km is landing strip...

But nice renderings never the less.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion

Last edited by mic of Orion; November 27th, 2005 at 03:14 PM.
mic of Orion no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 27th, 2005, 09:37 PM   #182
Ballota
Powered by Jet-A1

Likes (Received): 23662

Approach lights would be only on the north! South would only have a green threshold lights! This is fearlly common at manny runways! Anyway,at Hong-Kong they had approach lights on rooftops!

I realise the rwy is too close to the houses,but this is it s current location. I only extended it to 2.500m!
The thing is that the south treshold is displaced about 300m,so it doesn t enterfeare with the houses.
The runway itselfe is connected to the V. Gorica road! Now it s been used for street racing turnaments (402 street race)!

So,you say Lucko is the best option,ha?
Can a sport airport and a AFB coexist,or the sport airfeald needs to be moved to another location?
If so,the most possible location is Zapresic.
There is a sports airport in planing allready!

Here:

What do you think?

__|__
\_______O(-)O_______/
" " "

Last edited by Ballota; November 27th, 2005 at 11:47 PM.
Ballota no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2005, 12:36 AM   #183
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

^nice work, is that Lucko?

Lucko was always meant to be Air force Base way back in 1989, but due to you know what it never happend. Lucko would have been than best option and it is very likely they going to move it there one day, other options are to the east I think east of Sesvete, but the land need to be re-appropriated and whole shebang, but this is to much hustle I think they going to go with Lucko... Best option, if you ask me I'd do that, move it to Lucko.. They can stay at Pleso as well, but move it slightly further south from present location (some 2-3 km) this would seem to best option if money is in short supply..

Croatia needs to have one AF in its capitol city question is where, and how..

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion
Old November 28th, 2005, 01:12 AM   #184
Ballota
Powered by Jet-A1

Quote:
They can stay at Pleso as well, but move it slightly further south from present location (some 2-3 km) this would seem to best option if money is in short supply..
What do you mean by this? 2-3km south is V. Gorica!

P.S. Check this out!

http://pookieweb.dyndns.org:61127/croatia.htm

94th Air Brigade is allready at Lucko. There is "28 Transportna Helikopterska Eskadrila" using 7 Mi-8s

__|__
\_______O(-)O_______/
" " "

Old November 28th, 2005, 01:42 AM   #185
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

OK, this is my attempt at rendering, lol, you get the idea where is everything...

Main runway will be extended to 4200m , and new runway will be 3500x55m, Air force gets there new location and plenty of space.

Location (most likely) of new terminal...

Blue line defines the Airport Land (owned by the State) and this is land open to city of Zagreb for needs of re-development any house inside these lines are for demolishing...

BTW, this is what I think might happened, but we won't know until new Master plan is available for us to see,

Last edited by mic of Orion; November 28th, 2005 at 05:20 AM.
Old November 28th, 2005, 02:20 AM   #186
Ballota
Powered by Jet-A1

I think that the terminal will have to be on the north side of the apron beacuse of the Domovinski most!
There will be a totaly new connection to the airport beacuse the existing one is too slow!

Anyway,the third runway is interesting!

I guess we ll have to wait and see where will the AFB be!

Let s open a thread:ZTZ vs. Lucko

__|__
\_______O(-)O_______/
" " "

Old November 28th, 2005, 03:38 AM   #187
Coffee Stain

Likes (Received): 2

Does anybody know about medium to long term plans for the new Dubrovnik Airline? I know they have recently recieved their 3rd MD-80 plane. So far i have not found any website or anything really on the new company....
Coffee Stain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2005, 03:48 AM   #188
Coffee Stain

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Stain
Defenitley very well organised plan here, you have included a lot more aviation economics, which i have to brush up on a little ,my ideas were more rough, altho there are a few points that i have thought about... i have read about this in other forums and on other news...about cro aviation in general.

mic of Orion:
Cool, what other forums? Nice to know there're more forums where Croatian Airports are discussed, lol...

..ah wat i meant was i have read the whole cro airport forum so far, and other general aviation forums, along with any new aviation news i find, now i wont just be always asking questions

mic of Orion
Sorry, nothing, I never bothered to check this up, I know Qantas has very few flights to Europe, London, Rome, Paris and Amsterdam are only destinations they fly to. Air Canada might re-start there Zagreb Route but I'm not cretin of this would be cool if you check this out, call them and bug them until they get back to you, and if you are not happy, come to me and I'll try my Mr, James Bond, lol...

...as for the air canada question, i have sent them an email asking about the posibility of re-starting the zagreb route, if i do not get an answer in the next few days i will call them...and i will post back with their reply...
Coffee Stain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2005, 05:38 AM   #189
OettingerCroat
Disenfranchised

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mate_Balota
Here are some of my Flight simulator 2004. adventures! CA A320-214 around LDZA Zagreb,Pleso. Hope you enjoy these pics!

hey hey hey i have flight sim 2004 century edition, how come I dont have any Airbuses or any cool plane livery? just boeings and stupid made up livery. TELL ME HOW!!! I LOVE FLIGHT SIM 04!!!!!!!!

Last edited by OettingerCroat; November 28th, 2005 at 05:46 AM.
OettingerCroat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2005, 12:32 PM   #190
Ballota