daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 10th, 2005, 02:13 PM   #201
Ballota
Powered by Jet-A1

Likes (Received): 23638

Quote:
Originally Posted by OettingerCroat
interesting stuff with the 4 different satellite images
Silly,silly man!

I just painted the original (fall) in Photoshop!

__|__
\_______O(-)O_______/
" " "

Ballota no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2005, 04:11 AM   #202
SinCity
Streetwalker

Likes (Received): 102

Beginning in May next year, Zagreb will have direct flights to and from New Yorks' JFK Airport. This will be a permanent twice weekly service offered by North American Airlines. There are plans to also establish direct flights between Dubrovnik and New York, but for now it will be direct to Zagreb.

Krajem svibnja prvi let New York - Zagreb
SinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2005, 02:54 AM   #203
Coffee Stain

Likes (Received): 2

good stuff, were seeing some better direct flights....ive tried contacting Air Canada about a possible Toronto-Zagreb flights.....no REAL answer here, figures wat more can ya expect.....il try again sometime in the future...
Coffee Stain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2005, 05:10 AM   #204
SinCity
Streetwalker

Likes (Received): 102

Coffee Stain, this might be more of interest regarding the above ....

I heard a big rumour .......

Talk has it that there is another new airlines being started up in Croatia which plans to compete against Croatia Airlines. The biggest part of the rumour is that it will do long haul flights direct to the USA/Canada, Australia, etc. Also it will do European flights. The Australian leg will have a stop over in Singapore.

Now my source is from an well know aviation website to which I extracted the below. Does anyone know anything? (finger pointed at Mic LOL ) ....

Quote:
Dalmatian Holidays is looking for a Director of Flight Operations & Safety for a new airline project in Croatia. The position involves preparing and implementing flight operations manuals, procedures, and being responsible for Safety and the entire flight operations department within the airline.
JAA ATPL (unfrozen), minimum of 5000 hrs in Command of A320 and/or B737 and/or B767 and/or A330/A340 aircraft types, experience in developing flight operations manuals and procedures through to implementation according to aircraft manufacturer and JAA-OPS procedures and regulations.

Candidates must have extensive experience and JAA approvals on A320 and/or B737/767 aircraft. Similar experience with wide body aircraft would be advantagous but not required. The position would suit candidates looking to further their careers within a management role in an airline. Initially the position will be based in Zagreb although the HQ will eventually be based in Šibenik.

www.dalmatianholidays.com
Here is the link from Luchtzak Aviation

Talk also has it that the short haul flights (Europe) will commence next year and that this new airlines in now close to finalising the financial aspects of the project.

Any further info would be great
SinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2005, 05:45 AM   #205
lakerdar123
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

zagreb airport seems to be going realy nice. if there's going to be direct fights to croatia i would stop there as i go to albanian but sadly there's no flights from croatia to albania i think.

@mate_balota, i've been wondering how do you make or get all the scenery for fs2004. like how do you make terminals and runways and buildings.
lakerdar123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2005, 12:38 PM   #206
Ballota
Powered by Jet-A1

Likes (Received): 23638

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerdar123
zagreb airport seems to be going realy nice. if there's going to be direct fights to croatia i would stop there as i go to albanian but sadly there's no flights from croatia to albania i think.

@mate_balota, i've been wondering how do you make or get all the scenery for fs2004. like how do you make terminals and runways and buildings.
I downloaded most of it in www.avsim.com

------------------------------------------

LDDU,Dubrovnik Intl. news:

Part of the old terminal will be knocked down,and the extension will be built! Terminal will have 20.000sqm,and a capacity of 3 mil. passengers. Furder expansion will commence in 2012.

A new 4* hotel is also planed near the terminal. It will have about 150 rooms. A new Commercial Zone is planed. It will have 50-55.000sqm and will employ 1500 people!

A new 10.000sqm cargo terminal is allso planed,as well as the apron expantion,ading space for 10 more medium size airliners! All of this in 2009.

Also there will be a new multi story car park for 1500-2500 cars!

__|__
\_______O(-)O_______/
" " "

Last edited by Ballota; December 14th, 2005 at 12:56 PM.
Ballota no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2005, 12:38 PM   #207
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Likes (Received): 48

lakerdar123 CA flies directly to Tirana during winter schedule, I think during spring or summer this is not the case..

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion
mic of Orion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2005, 06:07 PM   #208
Coffee Stain

Re: Dubrovnik Airport

Some great expansion news for Cillipi Dubrovnik, but are there any plans to add skybridges?? ive read that they intend to have at least 5-6 in Cro Economics forum..http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...3&page=5&pp=20....or would skybridges even be worth the investment into the airport?? For example, Geneva airport doesnt have airbridges and has 8 mil passengers a year....
Quote:
Originally Posted by mic of Orion
I am of the same opinion just yesterday France stalled Macedonian EU candidacy status, it is unlikely Macedonia is going to get status before March 2006. I think they are not considering membership or even start of membership talks with any of the ex-Yu countries atm other than Croatia which is progressing very rapidly, 2 chapters have already been completed, which is incredibly fast I might add, Agriculture and Science and Technology..

SC, none of the airports in Croatia use Sky bridges atm, Zagreb is to get 15-16 of them but this is in few years time, as to Dubrovnik Airport, I don't know about Sky Bridges I just spoke to one of the Dubrovnik Airport Directors and put him this exact question he said perhaps in future after 2009... I'll not say to much on Dubrovnik Airport as mate going to do updates on Dubrovnik Airport in Croatian Airports Section, Zagreb Airports I'll have news hopefully by the end of this week with some drawings (unless I am told not to by my contacts)...

PS, what I really hate, in Croatia they take long, very long time to make decision on something which could only benefit there country, example Zagreb and Dubrovnik Master Plans, booth Airports are revising wait a moment, .................................. 5th Master Plan for there respective Airports.. lol,

Other then Zurich Airport in Switzerland no other airport uses Sky Bridges, just to tell you Geneva Airport had about 8 million passengers last year..

Last edited by Coffee Stain; December 14th, 2005 at 06:16 PM.
Old December 14th, 2005, 06:37 PM   #209
Coffee Stain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity
Coffee Stain, this might be more of interest regarding the above ....

I heard a big rumour .......

Talk has it that there is another new airlines being started up in Croatia which plans to compete against Croatia Airlines. The biggest part of the rumour is that it will do long haul flights direct to the USA/Canada, Australia, etc. Also it will do European flights. The Australian leg will have a stop over in Singapore.

Now my source is from an well know aviation website to which I extracted the below. Does anyone know anything? (finger pointed at Mic LOL ) ....

Here is the link from Luchtzak Aviation

Talk also has it that the short haul flights (Europe) will commence next year and that this new airlines in now close to finalising the financial aspects of the project.

Any further info would be great

hmmm, looks great, we seem to be getting a new airline every year , some extra competition for Croatia Airlines wouldnt hurt either, 2 strong competing airlines will only force each other to keep service good, and prices lower....and i have stated before just how much profit can be made on introducing a direct Zagreb-Torono/New York/Sydney route...would you guys have any idea wat this new airline might be called??
Old December 14th, 2005, 07:49 PM   #210
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Stain
hmmm, looks great, we seem to be getting a new airline every year , some extra competition for Croatia Airlines wouldnt hurt either, 2 strong competing airlines will only force each other to keep service good, and prices lower....and i have stated before just how much profit can be made on introducing a direct Zagreb-Torono/New York/Sydney route...would you guys have any idea wat this new airline might be called??
I am strongly doubtful of this, there are so many so called start-ups and all start with impressive plans, flights to NA, Australia and all over...
Croatia currently has 4 airlines,

CA with 12 Aircrafts
Air Adriatic with 6 Aircrafts
Sun Adria with 5 Aircrafts
Dubrovnik Airlines with 3 Aircrafts...

OK, most are primarily charter operators as they can't afford scheduled service (quality and standards of aircrafts in Scheduled traffic must be kept at highest standard, this also includes noise pollution and Age of aircrafts),,, I am afraid new start-up would need at least 20-30 million U$... U if you know anyone in Croatia with that much cash , what's the use...

Suffice to say most such businesses are con-artist incorporated... (BTW I didn't mean Mel Gibson's Film Production company the Con Artists Co)...

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion
Old December 14th, 2005, 09:45 PM   #211
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity
Beginning in May next year, Zagreb will have direct flights to and from New Yorks' JFK Airport. This will be a permanent twice weekly service offered by North American Airlines. There are plans to also establish direct flights between Dubrovnik and New York, but for now it will be direct to Zagreb.

Krajem svibnja prvi let New York - Zagreb
Just had a look at this airline, lol : it is tiny, they fly only to 2 destinations from JFK, Zagreb might be 3rd destination in the fleet, lmao sorry it is ridicules, but hey it is a start, lol...

http://www.northamericanair.com/abou...ection=6&sub=1

Old December 14th, 2005, 10:50 PM   #212
lakerdar123
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mate_Balota
I downloaded most of it in www.avsim.com
i tried that but do you know a program which will allow me to make the stuff and where to get this program.
lakerdar123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 12:58 AM   #213
Alien x

Likes (Received): 3467

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic of Orion
Just had a look at this airline, lol : it is tiny, they fly only to 2 destinations from JFK, Zagreb might be 3rd destination in the fleet, lmao sorry it is ridicules, but hey it is a start, lol...

http://www.northamericanair.com/abou...ection=6&sub=1
Actually they are little larger then that because they are a part of World Air which specializes in charter service (especially troop transport ) But they are not new to the area because they had a charter flight this summer to Mostar with Medugorije worshipers from the US. Let’s hope for the best.

By the way they are certifed to conduct International scheduled flights .

http://www.worldair.com/news/20050427.html
Alien x no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 15th, 2005, 09:52 PM   #214
Ballota