daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 1st, 2006, 12:48 AM   #241
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Likes (Received): 48

http://www.jutarnji.hr/clanak/art-20...riatic,5064.jl

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion
mic of Orion no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2006, 02:39 PM   #242
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Passenger figures for Croatian Airports,

This where my original estimates for 2006,

Zagreb, - 1.712 million passengers
Dubrovnik - 1.251 million passengers
Split, - 1.076 million passengers
Pula - 456 000 passengers (had no data to go on so I used my own estimate)
Rijeka - 165 000 passengers (had no data to go on so I used my own estimate)
Zadar, - 256 000 passengers (had no data to go on so I used my own estimate)

Actual data for Air Traffic at Croatian Airports in 2005 looked like this,

Zagreb, - 1.551 million passengers
Dubrovnik - 1.083 million passengers
Split, - 937 000 passengers
Pula - 208 000 passengers
Rijeka - 125 000 passengers ( estimate)
Zadar - 100 000 passengers ( estimate)

My New estimate based on preliminary trend for 2006:

Zagreb, - 1.82 million passengers
Dubrovnik - 1.287 million passengers
Split, - 1.15 million passengers
Pula - 327 000 passengers
Rijeka - 200 000 passengers
Zadar, - 156 000 passengers

Although Dubrovnik, Split and Zagreb might do much better,

Best possible passenger numbers for Croatian Airports in 2006 could look something like this...

Zagreb - 1.92 million passengers
Dubrovnik - 1.42 million passengers
Split - 1.25 million passengers
Pula - 357 000 passengers
Rijeka - 250 000 passengers
Zadar - 186 000 passengers

Any comments on my assessments..

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion

Last edited by mic of Orion; February 13th, 2006 at 04:39 PM.
Old February 8th, 2006, 02:38 PM   #243
Ballota
Powered by Jet-A1

Likes (Received): 23685

O low-cost kompanijama:

__|__
\_______O(-)O_______/
" " "

Ballota no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 13th, 2006, 04:15 PM   #244
Ballota
Powered by Jet-A1

Are there any indications of Pleso s second runway to be 60m (200ft) wide?

I think this should be an option, beacuse of the widebody jets that will start to fly to Zagreb more and more often, as years go by!

__|__
\_______O(-)O_______/
" " "

Old February 13th, 2006, 04:36 PM   #245
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

^Don't know mate, all new runways are 55m wide it is sort of international standard for airports, in 70's standard was 45m and in 50's only 30m...

A 55m wide runway is more than adequate for even largest jumbo jets, 45m would do fine as well, but 55m can accommodate even A380's... Don't forget on monthly basis An-124 freighter lands at Zagreb Airport, this are huge aircraft, larger than B747 400's...

if current 45m runways is good for them than it is good for most other aircrafts, 4000x55m will most likely be next runway at Zagreb Airport, it would allow for A380 landing, but I strongly doubt Zagreb will witness A380 any time soon, few cities in the World, will; London, Paris, Frankfurt, Rome, Amsterdam, New York, Los Angeles, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Dubai, Chicago and Osaka are only cities that might see A380 aircraft before the end of this decade...

2nd Runway for Zagreb is not imperative and immediate need, but after 2008, this will change, 2nd runway might get built sometimes in 2012, not before, despite what I said or some other source...

55x4000m runway costs un region of 30 million U$, something to think over, another 12 million U$ should be set a side for 20x4000m taxiway... So costs involved are high, Croatian MOD might actually be one who might finance second runways if they stay at Pleso as suspected, in this case runway might get built much sooner, perhaps even this decade...

Old February 15th, 2006, 09:09 PM   #246
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Ryan Air plans to start flights to Croatia,

Bernard Berger a director of routes at Ryan Air has confirmed he is talking to Croatian CAA and various airports in hope to start flights to Croatia this August or September.

Ryan Air is set to start flights to Pula, Split, Dubrovnik and eventually to Zagreb if agreement can be reached, frequency of flights to Croatia hasn't been discussed as this plans are right now in planning stages...

As of December 31.st 2005 number of low cost operators fly to Croatia; German Wings, Sky Europe, Wizz Air, Central Wings and announcement by Ryan Air start of flights to Croatia would only increase already tough competition over Croatian skies...

Reason for somewhat late arrival to Croatian Air Market, Mr.Bergar says, it is due to low number of passengers who fly to Croatia, in 2005 only 4 million passengers went thought Croatian Airports whilst in equally sized Ireland this figure was 25 million passengers.

He believes Ryan Air can double the number of passengers arriving to Croatia,

Number of passengers at Croatian Airports is expected to hit 5.2 million mark in 2006

http://www.jutarnji.hr/novac/clanak/...lazak,11913.jl

Last edited by mic of Orion; February 16th, 2006 at 12:34 AM.
Old February 15th, 2006, 09:50 PM   #247
Ballota
Powered by Jet-A1

This is werry nice!

-------------------------------------------------------

What s up with EasyJet?

They fly to Slovenia!

Are there any plans for them entering the Croatian market?

__|__
\_______O(-)O_______/
" " "

Old February 15th, 2006, 10:35 PM   #248
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

they are talking mate, I don't know, lately they are not doing so good, I mean they where good once Stelios was in charge very dynamic airline, now, don't know, it is not doing so great, at one point they where considering stopping there flights to Ljubljana, it is weird, why haven't they started to fly to Zagreb or Dubrovnik is anyone guess..

Old February 15th, 2006, 11:04 PM   #249
edolen1
Monkey business

Likes (Received): 6

Actually, they're cancelling the Ljubljana - Berlin route due to low passenger numbers coming from Berlin (surprisingly more Slovenians were going there than Germans coming). The Ljubljana - London line is within expectations and performing very well indeed. Wizz Air is starting the same route in May and will be the third airline to serve on that route (although each of them serve their own airport, Easyjet serves Stansted, Adria Gatwick and Wizzair Luton).

The director of Aerodrom Ljubljana also said that the cancelling of the Berlin - Ljubljana line means that the airport can start negotiating with Easyjet for another line, possibly to Scandinavia, Italy or Spain, markets still not served from Ljubljana.

Also, Aerodrom Maribor is negotiating with Ryanair for a route to London, however the deal will not be signed until the airport signs a new contract with the government about the usage of the facilities at the airport, which are owned by the state (old news, but the Minister of Transport said that one of the primary goals of the Ministry in 2006 is to get into good terms with Luka Koper and the three international airports).
edolen1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2006, 12:36 AM   #250
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

thanx edolen, I knew easy jet had some issues with Ljubljana

Old February 25th, 2006, 05:01 AM   #251
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Ryan Air announces flights to Pula

Ryan Air set to start its flights from Pula Airport, in discussions Ryan Air recently had with major Croatian Airports in Zagreb, Ryan Air has shown particular interest for Pula Airport, Robert Berger a Route Director for Ryan Air has expressed very high interest for Pula Airport and promised if Ryan AIr comes it will offer flights for Stockholm, Milan and number of cities in Germany.

AN estimate of 80-100 000 passengers could be be brought to Pula by Ryan Air alone, last year Pula handled less than 250 000 passengers, this year this number is set to hit 320 000, and in 2007 500-520 000 passengers...

http://www.vecernji-list.hr/newsroom...89966/index.do

Old February 27th, 2006, 03:58 AM   #252
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Quote:
Dubrovnik Airlines kupuje nove avione i udvostručuje promet

DUBROVNIK - Zrakoplov Bokar, novi u floti tvrtke Dubrovnik Airlines, nakon puta iz Bahreina sletio je jučer u dubrovačku zračnu luku. Bokar je jedan od dva nova zrakoplova te tvrtke, čiji je vlasnik dubrovački brodar Atlantska plovidba. Drugi zrakoplov, Sv. Ivan, također nazvan prema dubrovačkoj utvrdi, trebao bi na Čilipe doći tek za mjesec dana.

Oba zrakoplova su tipa MD-82 i kupljeni su od indonezijske leasing tvrtke Aero Nusantara Indonesia, kao i dosadašnja tri. Tako Dubrovnik Airlines ima pet istih aviona s po 166 sjedala. Prema najavama, tijekom pet godina flota kompanije Dubrovnik Airlines bi se trebala povećati za sedam zrakoplova.

Direktor Dubrovnik Airlinesa Zeno Singer ustvrdio je pri preuzimanju Bokara u Indoneziji da tvrtka koju vodi očekuje promet od 180.000 putnika u ovoj godini. S obzirom na promet u 2005., prvoj godini poslovanja Dubrovnik Airlinesa, to bi bilo povećanje veće od sto posto.

Inače, Dubrovnik Airlines najviše obavlja čarter letove iz sjeverne i zapadne Europe prema Dubrovniku. Najviše letova, njih 18, odnosi se na francuske gradove, a letovima su "pokriveni" i Egipat te Izrael. Iz tvrtke najavljuju letove do Ujedinjenih Arapskih Emirata i Saudijske Arabije.

http://www.jutarnji.hr/dogadjaji_dan...lines,13869.jl

OK, great news for Croatian Aviation

Dubrovnik Airlines has just procured 2 additional aircraft from Indonesian Leasing Company Aero Nusantara, the Aircraft MD82 have already been re-named, Bokar and Sv Ivan (Bokar and Saint John) and are to join 3 other aircrafts in Dubrovnik Airlines fleet...

Dubrovnik Airlines plans to acquire 7 more aircrafts over next 2-3 years bringing total to 12.
Dubrovnik Airlines hopes to carry 180 000 passengers this year, primary market for Dubrovnik Airlines is EU and charter...

Airlines had transported 100 000 passengers last year and hopes to increase this noumber by 100% this year...

Old February 27th, 2006, 09:33 PM   #253
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

OK, some news from the sky

Number of Airlines have added Croatia to there destination starting this summer, TAP Portugal,. National airline of Portugal is for the first time introducing Zagreb and Dubrovnik to its destinations, it will fly to Zagreb 3 times weekly with its A319 via Bologna.
http://www.flytap.com/World/en/Compa...sReleases/4185

Estonian Air has decided to follow same principle and starting from May Estonian National Carrier will land at Dubrovnik Airport at least 3 times weekly.. http://www.estonian-air.ee/

Czech National Airline will increase all its flights to Croatia by 100% starting from early May. Currently CSA flies to Split, Dubrovnik 3 times weekly and Zagreb 5 times a week. http://www.csa.cz/cs/czechia/cz_home.htm

Hapag Lloyd Of Germany, has also introduced new routes in Croatia other than Rijeka HSLX will land at Dubrovnik 3 times weekly starting from Match, Dubrovnik will be connected with Hanover, Munich and Stuttgart on 3tiesma week basis at first..
http://www.hlx.com/de/

BA is increasing its frequency of flights on Gatwick Split route to 7 times a week, starting from April..
http://www.britishairways.com/travel...bal/public/en_

Norwegian AS will inaugurate additional flights to Croatia from spring 2006. Dubrovnik will be served with Stavanger as additional destination once a week every Sunday. New and third destionation in Croatia of Norwegian AS will be Rijeka with Oslo weekly service on Saturdays. All flights operated with B737-300s. http://www.norwegian.no/

SN Brussels Airline will inaugurate its first regular operations to Croatia from spring 2006. They will operate twice weekly service from Dubrovnik to Brussels every Monday and Friday with Avro ARJ-100. http://www.flysn.com/com/splash.aspx

Helvetic will inaugurate weekly charter flights to Split for 2006 summer timetable. Flights from Split to Zurich and Geneva will be operated on Tuesdays with Fokker F-100. http://www.helvetic.com/

Flydba will inaugurate 8 new charter weekly flights between Germany and Croatia: from Berlin Tegel, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt and Leipzig Halle to both Dubrovnik and Split. All flights will be operated on Saturdays from March 2006.
http://www.flydba.com/

Flynordic will add Zadar as a new charter destination in Croatia with weekly charter flights from Göteborg and Oslo Gardermoen on Sundays. They will also inaugurate additional weekly charter flights from Göteborg, Oslo Gardermoen and Stockholm Arlanda to Pula on Sundays. All flights will be operated on behalf of Scandjet with MD-80s.
http://www.intersky.biz/

Old February 28th, 2006, 04:43 PM   #254
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

k, few more news from Croatian skies, lol,

Several more airlines have announced there intention of starting flights to Croatia from this April/June... Croatian CAA since January first has registered over 30 foreign airlines that have intentions of flying to Croatia on top of existing ones.

Dubrovnik being most popular destination for most of the smaller airlines and charters, Zagreb being most popular for Scheduled service and National Airlines...

Flyglobespan is inaugurating is first low-cost flights to Croatia in May 2006. Weekly flights Edinburgh - Pula will be operated on Sundays while Glasgow - Pula will be operated on Tuesdays. Dubrovnik is expected to be added to its network at the later stage too. http://www.flyglobespan.com/

Flynordic will add Zadar as a new charter destination in Croatia with weekly charter flights from Göteborg and Oslo Gardermoen on Sundays. They will also inaugurate additional weekly charter flights from Göteborg, Oslo Gardermoen and Stockholm Arlanda to Pula on Sundays. All flights will be operated on behalf of Scandjet with MD-80s. http://www.flynordic.com/

Intersky will inaugurate weekly flights from Friedrichshafen to Rijeka and Zadar from April 2006. Flights will be operated on Saturdays with Dash 8-300. http://www.intersky.biz/

Air Adriatic will inaugurate new weekly charter routes for 2006 summer timetable. Tuesdays: Split to Berlin, Dortmund and Hanover, Sundays: Split to Basel, Frankfurt, Munich, Stuttgart and Dubrovnik to Basel. http://www.airadriatic.com/

Last edited by mic of Orion; February 28th, 2006 at 04:54 PM.
Old March 2nd, 2006, 05:23 AM   #255
SinCity
Streetwalker

Likes (Received): 102

EasyJet to commence new flights to Croatia, flying from London to the coastal city of Rijeka (Croatia's 3rd largest city). Flights will be 4 times a week.

EasyJet adds new routes to Morocco, Turkey and Croatia

03.01.2006, 07:35 AM

LONDON (AFX) - easyJet PLC, Europe's second largest no frills airline, has added three new routes outside of the EU.

From this summer the Luton-based carrier will fly to Marrakech in Morocco, Istanbul (Sabiha Gokcen International Airport) in Turkey and Rijeka, Croatia's third largest city.

A daily service from London Luton to Istanbul will start on June 29, while a daily service from London Gatwick to Marrakech will commence on July 4. easyJet said it will be the first major European low fares airline to start services from London to these cities.

A four-times-a-week service from London Luton to Rijeka will start on June 30 and a four-times-a-week service from Basel, Switzerland, to Istanbul will kick off May 24.

'This is probably our most significant expansion since the start of our new routes to central and eastern Europe in May 2004,' said chief executive Andrew Harrison.

'Croatia, Turkey and Morocco are forging an ever-closer relationship with the UK and Europe. As a consequence, the demand for low-fares to these countries is growing quickly.'
SinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2006, 05:25 AM   #256
SinCity
Streetwalker

Likes (Received): 102

New Zagreb International Terminal ....

It is now official, the plans have been released today on the all new international terminal terminal to be built in Zagreb ....

OK, to summarise in English, here is what will be happening at the new Zagreb International Airport .....

- Complete new terminal at Pleso on former airbase
- New terminal will be 65,000 sqm in size
- 11 airbridges
- Completion by 2011
- Cost: 212 million Euros

The new Zagreb International terminal has been designed by Ted Nasmith from Canadian architectural firm Scott Associates Architects.

Last year Pleso saw 1.6 million passengers, however it is expected that within 3 years Zagreb Airport will be processing 2 million passengers thereby making the old terminal obsolete as it is fast approaching its designed capacity.

The new terminal's design will include a retail component which includes stores, banks, cafes and restaurants.

Directly in front of the new terminal will be a new luxury hotel with direct skybridge links to the terminal (see image)

The old teminal built in 1962 which will be across the runway from the new structure will be closed once construction is finished.

More news in Croatian ....
http://www.vecernji-list.hr/newsroom...95413/index.do
SinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2006, 05:35 AM   #257
MIMICA

Likes (Received): 4

I'm glad to see Zagreb finally getting a new airport. The old one was just unacceptable.
MIMICA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2006, 04:38 PM   #258
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

OK, this my amateurish rendering of new proposed terminal, location and most likely how it is going to look at the end sometimes in 2011.

Terminal will have as already said 11 Passengers Boarding Bridges (PBB's) and capacity of 7.2 million passengers, number of gates will also be determined by the amount of traffic but at first it is excepted not to exceed 40.

The terminal well have plenty of space for expansion and by 2020 sections will be added to cope with greater capacity.

Projected traffic at Zagreb airport is set to hit, 2 million+ with in next 2 years, (2007) and old terminal will need to cope with even greater traffic which is set to hit 3 million by 2010,.

Zagreb new Airport Terminal has been in planning for very long time, in 1990, when new terminal was originally proposed as Zagreb Airport was hitting its maximum capacity of 2 million... New terminal was delayed many times, first by war in Croatia (1991-1995), than by corruption and Tudjman's mess (1996-1999), and finally by incompetence on all sides...

New Terminal is has now finally got go-ahead and it is very likely when construction starts next or following year it will be end of the story of this very long saga...

New Terminal has impressive dimensions, it is 65 000sqm in size about same size as Prague's airport, of which 57 000sqm are in terminal it self and arms which are 580m long will add additional 8000sqm, giving total of 65000sqm...

Zagreb terminal is set to be largest n what was former Yugoslavia and generally among largest in Central Europe, only one in Warsaw and Prague being larger...

Old terminal is set to be demolished in 2012 to allow for future expansion or other needs...

Old March 2nd, 2006, 08:43 PM   #259
Ballota