daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 11th, 2006, 08:18 PM   #261
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Likes (Received): 48

OK, some great news,

Delta Airlines (USA) and Emirates of UAE, are in discussion as to start of flights to Zagreb Airport, Emirates would offer Direct flights via Dubai to Australia where some 500-550 000 Croats live and twice weekly service would be lunched sometimes in late 2006, Emirates is one of the largest Airlines in ME and also one of the best airlines from ME region, it is trying to build major hub around Dubai.

Malaysian Airlines is another potential returnee in 2007, its service via Kuala Lumpur to Australia where very popular with Croatian Émigré, and when route was scraped in late 2001, many Croats from Australia had to use often difficult alternatives, either via Rome with AllItalia (no longer flies to Australia stopped in late 2004) or Virgin, BA or Qantas via London or Frankfurt...

With Emirates opting for direct flights via Dubai Croats once again would have options of Direct flights, Malaysian Airlines if it returns would offer great choice of direct flights to Zagreb via Kula Lumpur or Dubai...

Delta Airlines has also spring in to motion after seeing 2 other NA airlines have started direct flights to Zagreb, success of the routes, Toronto -Zagreb and New York Zagreb were main reason why Delta has opted to enquire about possibility of such flights, details still need to be resolved but it is very likely Delta will offer direct flights to Zagreb via New York and LA starting either late in 2006 (October or November) or early 2007.

Since the Open Skies agreement no less than 12 airlines have announced plans to start flights to Zagreb, at the beginning of 2005 only 15 Airlines flew to Zagreb, it is looking very likely number of airlines servicing Zagreb airport could double and could reach 30 by the years end...

Air Canada (Best NA Airline) in late 80's and 1990 had extremely successful Zagreb route, hope is if Delta arrives this might prompt them to re-consider of re-opening this once very successful route..

If this where to happened Zagreb would be served by no les than 4 airlines from NA continent in early 2007...
Air Canada has no plans for Zagreb and this was as of October last year...

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion

Last edited by mic of Orion; March 11th, 2006 at 08:26 PM.
mic of Orion no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2006, 04:18 AM   #262
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

OK, just got few pisc and architectural designs for Dubrovnik Airport ands what is going to look like after modernisation in 2009. You can clearly see where new terminal extension is going to be and 4 PBB's, once the capacity is reached terminal will get enlarged again to accommodate 4 more PBB's and capacity increase to 8 million passengers a year...

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion
Old March 13th, 2006, 03:37 PM   #263
Ballota
Powered by Jet-A1

Likes (Received): 23729

I see you found the site!

http://www.antekuzmanic-arhitekt.hr./present/ad0.html

Some more pics:

I love the design!

__|__
\_______O(-)O_______/
" " "

Ballota no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2006, 10:54 PM   #264
Coffee Stain

Likes (Received): 2

ahh Dubrovnik Airport looks to be doing great
Coffee Stain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2006, 10:59 PM   #265
Coffee Stain

Quote:
Delta Airlines has also spring in to motion after seeing 2 other NA airlines have started direct flights to Zagreb, success of the routes, Toronto -Zagreb and New York Zagreb were main reason why Delta has opted to enquire about possibility of such flights, details still need to be resolved but it is very likely Delta will offer direct flights to Zagreb via New York and LA starting either late in 2006 (October or November) or early 2007.

What other airlines fly to Zagreb from NA?...I kno Skyservice has cut its Zagreb-Toronto route
Old March 25th, 2006, 11:08 PM   #266
Coffee Stain

Quote:
if current 45m runways is good for them than it is good for most other aircrafts, 4000x55m will most likely be next runway at Zagreb Airport, it would allow for A380 landing, but I strongly doubt Zagreb will witness A380 any time soon, few cities in the World, will; London, Paris, Frankfurt, Rome, Amsterdam, New York, Los Angeles, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Dubai, Chicago and Osaka are only cities that might see A380 aircraft before the end of this decade...
Quote:
Delta Airlines (USA) and Emirates of UAE, are in discussion as to start of flights to Zagreb Airport, Emirates would offer Direct flights via Dubai to Australia where some 500-550 000 Croats live and twice weekly service would be lunched sometimes in late 2006, Emirates is one of the largest Airlines in ME and also one of the best airlines from ME region, it is trying to build major hub around Dubai.
This has given me a though....what kind of plane would airlines serving long haul routes then use for Zagreb flights...I am thinking of when Emirates starts their service, or if Malaysian,Delta etc start their own as well....im only thinking this because Emirates has an order of 45 A380s, and if they had a Zagreb-Dubai-Sydney route....an A380 could be a possible option in the future, of course only after Emirates recieves their A380s.....and if Zagreb gets a new 55m wide runway..
Old March 25th, 2006, 11:12 PM   #267
Coffee Stain

Dubrovnik Airline

Quote:
Dubrovnik Airlines plans to acquire 7 more aircrafts over next 2-3 years bringing total to 12.
Are they just going to keep buying old MD-82s?
Old March 26th, 2006, 02:13 AM   #268
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Stain
What other airlines fly to Zagreb from NA?...I kno Skyservice has cut its Zagreb-Toronto route
North American Airlines is one of the airlines starting New York Zagreb - New York route twice or trice a week not 100% sure could be in May or June...

Delta as I said should start either this year or very early next year, as you know airline is going through restructure. Considering 2.5 million Croats (1st, 2,nd, 3rd and 4th generation) who live in US, many will se this as an opportunity to visit Croatia, also large number of American visitors I except around 300 000 in 2007 should warrant 7 day service from New York and L.A... calculate, 300 000/365 = 824 tourist a day, this would warrant for at least 2-3 wide body aircraft, B777 or A340 or 2 B747 400...

But I think we'll need to wait for the route to develop strongly and if HTZ pricks start advertising Croatia in USA, if they don't I'd have them all fired for incompetence and corruption...

I think by 2008 few more NA airlines should, also start the repute, perhaps Air Canada, only if my positive projections come to fruition...

I think Croatia can attract 550 000 US nationals and about 150 000 Canadians annually by the decade's end, this would warrant at least 3-4 major airlines flying to Zagreb from US on daily basis... 700 000/364 = 1923 tourist/visitors a day = 6 B777 300 landings on daily basis... Again I'm being optimistic...

Last edited by mic of Orion; March 26th, 2006 at 02:36 AM.
Old March 26th, 2006, 02:13 AM   #269
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Quote:
Are they just going to keep buying old MD-82s?
they are very cheep, about 2 million per aircraft, most are about 20 year old...

Old March 26th, 2006, 02:25 AM   #270
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Quote:
This has given me a though....what kind of plane would airlines serving long haul routes then use for Zagreb flights...I am thinking of when Emirates starts their service, or if Malaysian,Delta etc start their own as well....im only thinking this because Emirates has an order of 45 A380s, and if they had a Zagreb-Dubai-Sydney route....an A380 could be a possible option in the future, of course only after Emirates receives their A380s.....and if Zagreb gets a new 55m wide runway..
I am 100% cretin A380's won't be serving Zagreb Airport, simply capacity is an issue, most likely aircrafts like A330 or B777 of all airlines mentioned would be used on Zagreb route, even B767 300ER... Don't forget many still use Lufthansa, KLM, SAS, Air France, Austrian, All Italia, for their flights to Zagreb, Iberia and BA which also have long term plans for Zagreb might also get piece of cake, BA especially with New Yorkers and Californians, BA's reputations in USA is unmatched by any of the airlines there, TAP has also started flight to Zagreb and they can tap in to untapped market of South America, especially Brazil and Argentina where TAP flies and competes with Iberia...

Long term prospects for Zagreb are unmatched in region what was once Yugoslavia, and I am quite confident in my statements, from past 6-7 months one can see how well Zagreb will do in medium to long term, Ljubljana, Split, Dubrovnik will also do very well, without the doubt all major airports in the region will see significant growth in passenger numbers...

Old March 26th, 2006, 04:19 PM   #271
Coffee Stain

Quote:
I am 100% cretin A380's won't be serving Zagreb Airport, simply capacity is an issue,
Could you go into a little more detail on capacity issues?

Quote:
they are very cheep, about 2 million per aircraft, most are about 20 year old...
Seems like a good deal, but is Dubrovnik Airline just going to keep flying charter operations, looks like they dont have many other plans...

Last edited by Coffee Stain; March 27th, 2006 at 04:08 AM.
Old March 27th, 2006, 07:52 PM   #272
aerodrom

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineTurbo
It's quite cheap considering it will employ an estimated 20,000-30,000 people. The Serbian Capital Investment ministry said (god help us) that Belgrade will focus to become a prime cargo hub of South-Eastern Europe.
TRUE, and location is more than prefect
aerodrom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2006, 06:16 AM   #273
Coffee Stain

Quote:
2. travnja - Nacionalna zrakoplovna tvrtka Croatia Airlines prolazi kroz teško razdoblje. Lošije posluju zbog rasta cijena goriva, ali i jeftinijih, tzv. low cost avioprijevoznika. Premda još ne žele otkriti financijsko izvješće za prošlu godinu, glavni direktor Ivan Mišetić za HTV je priznao - prošlu godinu završili su s gubitkom.U posljednjih pet godina u Europi su bankrotirale 52 zrakoplovne tvrtke, od toga 28 niskotarfinih prijevoznika. Gubitak za prošlu godinu idućih će dana objaviti i Craotia Airlines. Direktor Ivan Mišetić glavni uzrok negativnog poslovanja pripisuje rastu cijena goriva i poplavi niskotarifnih prijevoznika. Croatia Airlinesu oni konkuriraju jer u zračnim lukama plaćaju istu taksu, a lete samo sezonski.

Croatia Airlines očekuje financijsku pomoć države. Smatraju da na to imaju pravo, poglavito kad Banski dvori najavljuju dodatne subvencije Jadroliniji i obilato financiraju gubitke HŽ-a. Zapadne li nacionalni avioprijevoznik u još veće probleme, jedan od izlaza je i privatizacija. Kako doznajemo, o tome se zasad ne razmišlja.

....looks like croatia airlines is in a little spot of trouble, loosing money this year
Old April 3rd, 2006, 09:13 PM   #274
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

^they have lost about 16 million Kuna this year...

Old April 3rd, 2006, 09:20 PM   #275
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Quote:
Could you go into a little more detail on capacity issues?

Seems like a good deal, but is Dubrovnik Airline just going to keep flying charter operations, looks like they dont have many other plans...
For DA it is best deal they can get, for 2 million they get an aircraft which they can use for at least 25000-30000 flying hours, before new aircraft can be obtained, by this time they might accumulate enough money for brand new aircraft with about 15-20 years of service remaining...

As to A380, each aircraft has capacity of 555 passengers, 3 Class configuration, A daily flight to Zagreb or even 3tice a week at this point would be something way to expensive with such aircraft..

Old April 5th, 2006, 03:35 PM   #276
Ballota