daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 1st, 2005, 11:10 AM   #81
SkylineTurbo
|| PAKISTAN ZINDABAD ||

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic of Orion
Don't know, but Belgrade one coasted about 60 million
It's quite cheap considering it will employ an estimated 20,000-30,000 people. The Serbian Capital Investment ministry said (god help us) that Belgrade will focus to become a prime cargo hub of South-Eastern Europe.
SkylineTurbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2005, 03:32 PM   #82
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]_SaNtOs
It's quite cheap considering it will employ an estimated 20,000-30,000 people. The Serbian Capital Investment ministry said (god help us) that Belgrade will focus to become a prime cargo hub of South-Eastern Europe.

what is the size of this cargo terminal?

You mean 30 000 in all could benefit from new cargo terminal (creating secondary jobs in support and servicing the terminal) I strongly doubt 30 000 would actually work at the terminal, even Amsterdam Airport has less than 10 000 staff and this is largest cargo terminal in Europe...

In any case it is great news for Belgrade as it needs something to pump the economy...

I doubt Zagreb will go with new Cargo terminal asp... although medium sized facility is in works (about 12 000sqm capacity about 50 000 metric tones) and this smaller cargo terminal could cost as much as 30€ million...

New passenger terminal is a priority and completion should be announced any time soon for architectural design for the airport, construction of new terminal should start April 2006 with completion dates sometimes in first half of 2008..

Airport Authorities are looking at 12-15 sky bridges and about 50-58000sqm passenger terminal all in price tag of 125€ million, another 45€ million going to be spent on new cargo terminal and 2nd runway...

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion
mic of Orion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 1st, 2005, 08:42 PM   #83
Ballota
Powered by Jet-A1

Likes (Received): 23647

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic of Orion
another 45€ million going to be spent on new cargo terminal and 2nd runway...
I don t think the runway will be that cheap. We allready discussed this.
About 20€ million will be the runway alone,but the ground with all of those 700 ilegal houses will be between 35€ mil and 70€mil (700 x 50 000€ = 35 000 000€,700 x 100 000€ = 70 000 000€). New homes need to be built for those idiots!

__|__
\_______O(-)O_______/
" " "

Last edited by Ballota; November 1st, 2005 at 10:43 PM.
Ballota no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2005, 12:09 AM   #84
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mate_Balota
I don t think the runway will be that cheap. We allready discussed this.
About 20€ million will be the runway alone,but the ground with all of those 700 ilegal houses will be between 35€ mil and 70€mil (700 x 50 000€ = 35 000 000€,700 x 100 000€ = 70 000 000€). New homes need to be built for those idiots!

I agree, bill will be picked up by the state or City of Zagreb directly, it has nothing to do with the airport,

I think bill should not exceed, 40€ million, government actually might build substitute homes and house for ppl before they start knocking down houses illegally built on Airport land...

it is only about 600 homes at most, and few barns and stuff...

PS, I estimate for clearing illegal houses and bulldozing would take at least 6 months, could be year, than clearing and levelling land - 3-4 months, laying electric and signalling cables, water and drainage system, would take another month or two, when done with all of this construction of runway could start, it might take about 8-14 months depending on Croatian contractors to complete construction of the runway and another 2-3 months for signalisation and stuff...

Price, you are right, should not exceed 20€ million or 24 million US$ for 4km runway...

They plan to build new 32 000sqm passenger terminal with 7 sky-bridges (is it avio-mostovi), thus increasing the capacity of the airport to 5 million... Works should start in 2006, I'll do update on Ljubljana Airport soon...

ATM, best airport what was former Yugoslavia is Split I think, Sarajevo and Dubrovnik are fighting for 2nd and 3rd position, Sarajevo Airport has great interior...

Worst Airport in what was Yugoslavia, I think Pula and Zagreb are fighting for last place, lol... Hopefully not for long...

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Benjamin Franklin

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Religion leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to bigotry, bigotry leads to suffering!!!" Mic of Orion

Last edited by mic of Orion; December 31st, 2005 at 02:38 AM.
Old November 2nd, 2005, 08:27 PM   #85
Ballota
Powered by Jet-A1

Quote:
Did you also know Zagreb is only Airport in the what was former Yugoslavia to have CAT IIIB category for its runway... I think Ljubljana will get it soon as well, when they build new terminal, Actually I'll update about Ljubljana new terminal here as they don't have there own thread...
Yes,they got it in 2004. That was the only major upgrade for the airport from 1976. when they extended the runway! Sad isn t it?

As for the runway I just hope they start all this in about 3-4 years,beacuse if they don t they will be in deep s*it! When the EU inspectors are done with them there won t be an airport to fly to!

I just hope I m wrong!

__|__
\_______O(-)O_______/
" " "

Old November 2nd, 2005, 08:44 PM   #86
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

^lol, I don't think EU will shut the airport down, they'll recommend for 2nd runway asp,. as the nearest major airport in region is about 340km away, it is very important for all major airports to have 2 runways primarily bc of emergencies, 1 runway can easily handle current traffic and even way in the future, as long the runway is extended to say 4km, single runway can handle about 20 landings and 20 take offs, this is per hour, or about 300 take offs and same number of landings per 15 hour day (2 shifts)...

But having 2 runways can deal with any eventualities and one runway can exclusively be used for landings and one for taker offs...
with 2 runways you can land 70 Aircrafts per hour or about 1000 landings and takes offs per day, increasing capacity of the airport to 364 000 landings and 364 000 take offs per year... Mate you are from Split what is in Divulje is there another Airport with runway, I know there are some sort of underground shelters for fighters, I've seen Mig21's being moved inside the mountain...

Is there 2nd runway there? got any ideas?

Last edited by mic of Orion; November 3rd, 2005 at 02:52 AM.
Old November 2nd, 2005, 08:58 PM   #87
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

Ljubljana Airport, Slovenia,
10 000sqm Terminal,
3400x45m Runway
Passengers: 1.22 million (2005)

A short video of future developments at the Ljubljana Airport...
http://www.lju-airport.si/eng/ASPDatoteka.asp?ID=159

Planning project

The expansion of the airport is planned on both the north and south sides, and the north side has precedence for expansion. The expansion of the airport on the north side encompasses:
1. Newly planned and expanded passenger terminal facilities, which will include the following features:
- A business centre;
- Facilities for business administration programmes with car parks;
- A hotel complex;
- Recreational and sports facilities;
- Areas and facilities for freight warehousing;
- Production and business facilities;
- Facilities for aircraft and airport maintenance activity; and
- Facilities for special purposes.
2. Rerouting of the KranjMengeš main road on the section adjacent to the airport further to the north, ensuring the necessary space for the development of airport activities and related commercial activities as well as improving access to the airport;
3. Arrangement of a new road system and car parks in the airport area;
4. Construction of power and municipal infrastructure in line with development needs.
On the south side of the airport there is room for:
1. An additional runway (if necessary), new taxiways and landing platforms in the future.
2. Facilities for freight warehousing, production and business facilities, aircraft maintenance facilities, facilities for business administration programmes with car parks, facilities for special purposes and arrangement of the road system.

New passenger terminal

One result of growing air traffic at Ljubljana Airport and Slovenia's entry into the European Union, which requires the separation of traffic into Schengen and non-Schengen (domestic and foreign), is the planned construction of a new airport terminal.

The current terminal will be renovated and linked to the new terminal by a connecting walkway that will include seven boarding bridges. The capacity of the new terminal will be 850 departing passengers per hour and 850 arriving passengers per hour. An IATA level C standard of services is envisaged to ensure the necessary quality for passenger arrivals and departures. The planning took into account both international and domestic regulations and standards for such facilities and equipment.

The new terminal will be expanded to 32,000 square meters, where 40 check-in counters will be set up, including some automatic ones. The complete separation of Schengen and non-Schengen traffic will be ensured, as well as the separation of arriving and departing passengers. Luggage will be thoroughly inspected and the installation of three luggage carousels is planned for luggage pick-up. There will be room in the terminal for airlines, travel agencies, restaurants and shops, and there are also plans for business lounges and additional services for passengers.

Future terminal

Current terminal

New hangar

Old November 3rd, 2005, 01:28 AM   #88
Ballota
Powered by Jet-A1

Here are some Pleso pics:

Aeral view:

ILS maintinence house and a croatian coat of arms made out of flowers in front of the RWY 05 (fopefully RWY 05L soon ):

On T/O from RWY 05:

__|__
\_______O(-)O_______/
" " "

Old November 3rd, 2005, 02:11 AM   #89
Ballota
Powered by Jet-A1

You just opend such a subject that will take hours to "present".

OK,let s start!

1. Divulje

Divulje is just a helicopter airbase. But across the way (to the north) is a secret underground base which houses MiG-s! There are some people who have seen MiG-s beeing towed across the road and through a crash gate to RWY 05! This is a fact!

2. Kozjak

In Kozjak mountin is allso an underground airbase. During the war (mentaly OK ) people used to see MiG-s just flying into the mountin. They expected to hear an explosion,but there was just silence! This underground runway is probobly conected to the base described earlier.

3. Mosor

Some people saw helicopters just landing into the mountin. Like Kozjak only verticaly. So this is a heliport.

4. Lika

There are numerous acounts of people seeing aircraft flying into the mountins (Velebit,Dinara...) like in the Kozjak case.

5. Željava

Podzemni svijet Početak izgradnje Aerodroma Željava vezan je za daleku 1948. godinu, kada se počelo sa izborom i iznalaženjem mikrolokacija za pozicioniranje ovog velikog aerodromskog kompleksa. Izgradnja je, zajedno sa projektovanjem, trajala sve do 1968. i ta se godina ujedno smatra i godinom izgradnje: tada je sa Aerodroma Pleso u Zagrebu preletio čitav 117. lovački avijacijski puk (LAP) u Bihać!?

Infrastrukturu ovog aerodroma čini podzemni kompleks tunela i galerija ukupne dužine 2,7 kilometara, projektovan i dimenzioniran tako da može, na čuvanje od raketnog i atomskog udara, primiti između 60 i 80 supersoničnih aviona MIG-21. Istovremeno, taj je podzemni svijet pružao sve mogućnosti preživljavanja: imao je sopstvenu radionicu za opravku aviona, magacin za smještaj rezervnih dijelova aviona i opreme, kao i za smještaj i sigurno čuvanje i tehničko održavanje bitnih zaliha, tada izuzetno bogate palete oružja koje je avion MIG-21 nosio.

Aerodrom je raspolagao i velikom energanom za napajanje električnom energijom, te savremeni centar veze sa komandnim mjestom zrakoplovnog korpusa. Na ovom operatorskom centru su se objedinjavali svi podaci o stanju u vazdušnom prostoru bivše Jugoslavije, što je bilo omogućeno mrežom radara koji su bili postavljeni na Plješevici, u Zadru, na Kozari, Biokovu, u Puli, zatim na Vrhonici, u Sisku, Bjelovaru itd. Unutar aerodroma bile su i učionice i radni prostor za cijeli avijacijski bataljon: 110 pilota i ostalih tehničara, oficira, podoficira - ukupno oko 900 ljudi. Svi podzemni prostori za njih su bili osvijetljeni i klimatizirani sa mogućnošću konstantnog održavanja podnošljive temperature i vlage zraka.

Posebna pažnja vodila se o sustavu protupožarne zaštite: pored straže, aerodrom se čuvao i elektronskim kamerama na pet pista, od kojih su dvije bile poletno-sletne, sa dimenzijama za slijetanje i najvećih transportnih aviona. Tu se nalazilo i pet stajanki za avione na otvorenom kao i prateće staze za vožnje, koje su povezivale ove piste.

Sve je ovo pratio i kompletan sastav za navigaciju, a sve je zauzimalo prostor devet puta četiri kilometra, od čega je pola "parcele" na teritoriji Bosne i Hercegovine, a pola na teritoriji Hrvatske. Cijena gradnje aerodroma bila je između tri i četiri milijarde dolara! Što je ravno ulaganju u Bosnu i Hercegovinu od Daytona naovamo.

Nikad više vojni aerodrom Početkom 1992, tadašnja Jugoslovenska narodna armija je opremu i avione prebacila u Srbiju, a svi objekti su potpuno razoreni. Pričinjena šteta je fantastično velika, a posljednji udar je izveden u prvim satima 18. maja 1992, kada su od eksplozija Bihać i okolina podrhtavali.

Stručnjaci za zrakoplovstvo danas tvrde: Željava nikada više neće biti vojni aerodrom. Ipak, mogućnost obnove postoji, posebno nadzemnog dijela i ostale vanjske infrastrukture.

Što se tiče podzemnog dijela, projekat bi bio previše skup i nepotreban, s obzirom na lokaciju. Vanjska obnova bi, međutim, mogla značiti nešto privredama BiH i Hrvatske, posebno komercijalnim letovima domaćih kompanija i razvoju putničkog i teretnog saobraćaja, te čarter--letova. Ovo bi opet doprinijelo razvoju i afirmaciji turizma, jer u neposrednoj blizini su Nacionalni park Plitvice i sliv rijeke Une. Osim ako NATO ne procijeni drugačije

http://www.bhdani.com/arhiva/265/t26508.shtml
http://www.studentnet.hr/mjesta/show/284/
http://www.nato.int/sfor/indexinf/164/p15a/t02p15a.htm
http://members.fortunecity.com/arisak/NOVE-SLIKE2.html
http://www.mycity.co.yu/phpbb/viewto...9fda40d#141464

I allso have some videos. If you are interested give me your mail and I ll send them to you.

6.Yugoslavija

There are numerous underground bases constucted during Tito time! I think it goes like this:

Slovenia 1x
Croatia 4x
Bosnia 4x
Serbia 5x
Macedonia 2x

These facileties were so sofisticated that you could run the whole country from there for months out of time!

7. YU supersonic

There were allso plans to make a supersonic jet fighter like Gripen in colaboration with the Romania!

http://models.lemut.net/YU-Supersonic/

This is most of my knowlage. If you find obout something more let me know.

__|__
\_______O(-)O_______/
" " "

Last edited by Ballota; November 3rd, 2005 at 01:46 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2005, 03:06 AM   #90
mic of Orion
I come in peace \V/

great find Mate, wow, I am chuffed, great stuff...

BTW you know Croatia is looking to get new Combat Aircraft, 24 of them, 12+12 (2010-15) most likely contenders are F16E/F Block 60 and JAS 39 Gripen A/B hopefully

Old November 3rd, 2005, 01:54 PM   #91
Ballota