daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 21st, 2016, 10:45 AM   #81
vonGracz

Likes (Received): 51

Someone should post pictures about Wekerletelep's architecture
vonGracz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 11th, 2017, 02:44 PM   #82
Tímea89

Likes (Received): 7520

Lost statues of Budapest. Part 1.

Original source: facebook.com/BudapestSzobrai/

"If only you were here for a moment to see with me the dead silver of the Danube, the dark mountains against the pale- red background and the lights of Pest glittering up to me; Vienna would go down in your appreciation compared with Buda-Pest" (Otto von Bismarck)
Tímea89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 12:05 AM   #83
Titan Man
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-nana

Likes (Received): 719

Hello, I saw a render of a traditional building to be built in 2018 on Kossuth tér that appears to be replacing a postwar modernist building. As I read in a comment, the historical building next to it was never finished according to its original design, only a half of it, and this new building is actually supposed to be the never-built second half. Does anyone know some more information about this project, whether it's real or just a proposal? Thanks in advance.
Old September 16th, 2017, 11:00 AM   #84
Limassoler

Likes (Received): 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Man View Post
Hello, I saw a render of a traditional building to be built in 2018 on Kossuth tér that appears to be replacing a postwar modernist building. As I read in a comment, the historical building next to it was never finished according to its original design, only a half of it, and this new building is actually supposed to be the never-built second half. Does anyone know some more information about this project, whether it's real or just a proposal? Thanks in advance.
I guess this is the one you are talking about, fresh pictures from yesterday:

Courtesy of my brother who returned from Budapest last night
Old September 16th, 2017, 06:41 PM   #85
Titan Man
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-nana

Likes (Received): 719

Magnificent!! Not many cities would finish a historical building according to its original design, especially if it's 19th century architecture. Bravo Budapest, the square will look much more beautiful now!

Edit: I also hope they'll renovate the second part, it needs some renovation to blend better with its new twin.

Last edited by Titan Man; September 16th, 2017 at 09:36 PM.
Titan Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 07:05 PM   #86
wakka12

Likes (Received): 307

Quote:
Magnificent!! Not many cities would finish a historical building according to its original design, especially if it's 19th century architecture. Bravo Budapest, the square will look much more beautiful now!
Im especially surprised its occurring in a city with already such a vast amount of historical architecture, really great to see.
wakka12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 16th, 2017, 11:41 PM   #87
Ultra84

Likes (Received): 5955

Quote:
I also hope they'll renovate the second part, it needs some renovation to blend better with its new twin.
As far as I know they will.

Regular updates here: Reconstruction of Kossuth square

Titan Man liked this post
Ultra84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2017, 09:32 AM   #88
Tímea89

Likes (Received): 7520

The old city hall of Buda is receiving a complete refurbishment.

A special building stands opposite Matthias Church at the heart of Castle Hill; with a medieval foundation, its exterior reached its final form during the Baroque era, and the city council of Buda operated here until the city was united with Óbuda and Pest in 1873. The building was damaged multiple times during the 20th century, but now it’s being reconstructed and modernized based on the plans of Hetedik Műterem. Following the restoration, it will mainly serve educational purposes, but a restaurant and a bookstore will also be established here.

More info here.

"If only you were here for a moment to see with me the dead silver of the Danube, the dark mountains against the pale- red background and the lights of Pest glittering up to me; Vienna would go down in your appreciation compared with Buda-Pest" (Otto von Bismarck)

Last edited by Tímea89; September 30th, 2017 at 09:46 AM.
Tímea89 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
architecture, budapest